you who lost your light... you who asked help

For Her Memories

Yuri ponders… thinking about the life she had. Everytime she look at the list of things she promised hyoyeon to have before proposed, she became scared. That list that seemed to be at least took a long time to be completed, now had been finished by her.

But then what? What should yuri do with all she have? The small house that she bought never been once yuri took a step inside of it, she didn’t know about all the interior that she bought but at least she is guided by hyoyeon list… but now what? That house is nothing if by the end of it yuri couldn’t spend her life there…

Not without hyoyeon…

It’s finished… yuri knew she already reached her finish line. She felt once again lost, just like when the time that hyoyeon suddenly leave her life. She could get back to her feet because yuri remember the list hyoyeon wanted… but now?

At the age of 24, kwon yuri already finished the list that became her drive to continue living in this world.

“oh? Yuri?” the mother of her deceased girlfriend looked surprised to found her in front of her house “what happened to you? Come in, it’s rainy outside- wait, you are drenched!” the older woman pulled yuri in “my god, what are you thinking! Go and take bath, I’ll prepare something to wear for you”

Yuri just managed to nod but seeing her empty eyes looks more lifeless than usual the elder kim sighed and finally lead her to the bathroom, prepared a spare change and cooked something warm for her.

The older woman felt funny to find the same things happen to yuri, just like sooyoung. she found her drenched standing in front of her house after ringing the bell, but they are in state of loss. But she didn’t understand how this raven haired girl who always had been strong now looked like she lost her guide.

“come here dear” she ushered yuri to sit down and placed a cup of hot cocoa in front of her while she take care of the dishes

“… aunty” yuri finally spoken “can i… stay here for tonight?”

The older woman looked at her, surprised because of what yuri asked “yes, of course you can dear… but you had to tell me what happen to you”

Yuri nod, eyes still staring on her cup of hot cocoa. The older woman take a sit beside her while looking at the raven haired girl “you changed much yuri, isn’t this hair too long for you?”

Yuri hands found it way to her hair “… I never thought about it aunty”

The older woman smiled “at least you take care of it, just look how shiny it is” she patted yuri head “you don’t have to put strong front everytime yuri… aunty know, you must be tired”

Yuri shook her head “no aunty… this is the way I deal with the loss” yuri stated “I had been… a reckless girl, one who never thought about her own future since kid… I always do whatever I want and get away with it, until I found hyo” yuri eyes closed, the image of her blonde girlfriend smiling comes to her mind “she made me thought of what I have to be in the future, what kind of things I had to do to secure my future, and finally what kind of job I can take to provide the life of two” a single tear escaped from yuri left eye “it was simple… back there it was simple when hyoyeon still alive… all the thing I need to do, all the things I will face, all of that so someday I will spend my life together with her…” yuri opened her eyes “but now… when I already have all, I felt at loss aunty”

The older woman embraced her “yuri… stop chasing the shadow. That future, the one that you want to create is gone along with hyoyeon”

“I know!!! B-but… it’s the only… the only thing that made me… stay sane” yuri gritted her teeth, trying to hold down her tears away “it was my only guide after I lost hyo… but now when I have it all, I don’t know what to do”

The older woman smiled and released yuri from her embrace “dear… you didn’t have any obligation toward her anymore now. You can live like whatever you want… you can be whatever you wanted to be. Kwon yuri, you are free… don’t you see that?”

“no!!! I don’t want to… I don’t… i-I need someone to tell me what to do aunty. I-I am scared” yuri mumbled

“and I am not the perfect person to tell you what to do with your life nor guide you yuri” the older woman ruffled yuri long hair “you had to find that one person again”

After yuri emptied her hot cocoa, the elder kim take her to hyoyeon old room “you can sleep here… I bet you will happy”

Yuri chuckled hearing that “oh if only you told me that when hyoyeon still alive aunty”

‘at least you finally took a step to let go of your past yuri’ the older woman thought

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Seo juhyun is baffled…

To see her boss so down like this is very unusual… it felt like only her body is here and yet her mind wander somewhere else. But it was weird, because juhyun saw how yuri could finally laugh after playing some pranking game with the tall manager of their favorite café. Now, she looked at how terrible state her boss in.

‘this couldn’t have been because the pranking thingy they play’ juhyun thought while placed the report yuri asked ‘no… she just like lifeless person’

“unnie, do you want me to buy you some mocca?” juhyun offered ‘she wouldn’t reject mocca now, wouldn’t she?’

“no… I don’t want any seohyun” yuri answered

‘OMG!!! It’s the end of the world!!!’ juhyun screamed inside her head, surprised to hear yuri answer “b-but unnie, you never say no to mocca”

Yuri looked at her secretary “say seohyun” the younger girl gulped as soon as she heard her name called with unusual tone yuri always use “can you tell me what I need to do with my life?”

“e…eeeehhh!???”

…………………………………………………………………………………………

Yuri walked toward her father company building, eventhough it is small company but its already raised in prominence after her father took it over after the original owner death long time ago. Her father continuously offering yuri to work here, at least by that he could give yuri higher position. But yuri refused, she don’t want to be pampered… she wanted to work her way up and she indeed proving to everyone that she able to do it alone, without anyone help.

It is rare to see her here and practically every worker here didn’t even know that she is the daughter of this company owner. Yuri just walked casually, passing the security and goes to the top floor by lift.

She got phone by her father earlier today, asking her to come to her father office. Usually, she will refused the invitation by saying that she is busy, but today she is surprisingly agreed to come.

“appa” yuri bowed “I’m here”

“sit down yuri” the old man said to her, smiling to finally able to see her daughter again after long time “you have grown beautiful dear… how long was it? 3 years?”

“no… 4 years” yuri answered “what do you need appa?”

The older kwon huffed “you see… one of my business partner asked if he could marry his son to you” yuri eyes grown wider “it’s just a reason for that man to improve our business relationship…”

Yuri narrowed her eyes, if that’s what her father wanted to tell her then he didn’t have to tell her personally like this. Something is missing, she know her father hides something “… appa, just say it. What happen?”

Her father sighed again “… you really grown to be incredible woman, I cant hides anything to you” he chuckled “it’s actually worse problem I have yuri… this company going to bankrupt”

“no way…” yuri said to her father “I know you appa, you would never let things go out… how can it become like this?”

“… several failed project and unpayed debt” her father sighed “I don’t know how… but somehow it feels like every company in the same field of us able to beat us by getting the project we thought we will get…”

“… and then your business partner come and gave you the solution” her father nod “just like that… it was easy way. I know this company have good name, if other company have its hand on it then they undoubtedly will gain much profit”

Her father felt saddened hearing yuri… he never know that his daughter able to deduce that much… she is talented “and that’s how yuri… I don’t say you must marry the man, you can reject it… I will try to found a way around to pay the debt”

Yuri caressed her temple “… no appa, I think you already fall in trap” yuri stated “this is why I work at insurance company… I know how business people work, they eat each others rival just for gaining more profit” yuri looked toward her father “there will be no one who will help you appa, you know it”

“then… all the worker here will lose its job?”

Yuri eyes closed “no… if I marry the son of your business partner, right?”

………………………………………………………………………

It was rainy, her café became packed by the people who didn’t bring umbrella. She smiled, she thanked god for the unexpected rain today, because the business became flourish.

Order by order been finished, sooyoung could hear the murmur and people talking in the café. Its never been so busy, so packed full like this before but she is happy to see it like this.

After she come back from her break, sooyoung decided to greet her regular costumer that she know. One of them is uncle lee whom teach her many things, like how to repair the air condition machine or those cheap cappuccino machine that always gave her headache.

When her eyes found its way to the furthest table in the café, she felt surprised to see kwon yuri here… sitting alone.

‘she didn’t order anything?’ sooyoung ponder when she saw that there’s nothing on yuri table

“kwon yuri, don’t you think you have enough pranking me?” sooyoung said “and it’s weird to found you here without a cup of mocca, didn’t order yet?”

Yuri glanced toward sooyoung “uh… hi choi”

“kwon yuri… are you drunk?” sooyoung narrowed her eyes, staring at the raven haired girl “you look dazed”

“oh… it’s nothing” yuri throw her gaze to the glasses window… the rain somewhat making her forget everything

“… is something happen?” sooyoung asked yuri “you look terrible”

Yuri chuckled hearing the worry tone coming from sooyoung, she is the last person she thought would be worried to her “sit sooyoung” the taller girl compelled to yuri and take a sit “I want to ask you something…”

“… alright?” sooyoung said, already at lost on what happen

“say, how did you stand on your own feet after taeyeon leave?”

Sooyoung heart clenched hearing that, to be asked about it by kwon yuri no less. The two of them who have the same sadness yet different nature… yuri who kept looking and living on the past while sooyoung that able to walk toward future.

When sooyoung didn’t answer, yuri looked toward the taller girl “you said that you wanted to be friend with me right? Then answer this”

Sooyoung face softened… she closed her eyes after hearing what yuri said “do you know how it is hurt to cry and shout but knowing that it wouldn’t bring taeyeon back?” sooyoung opened her eyes “somehow… I just realized how stupid it was for me to do that. For 3 years, I had known her and I know she would be saddened if I continue to stay like that… and I decide to change, at first I just wanted to show the sooyoung that taeyeon like, you know… that ert girl liked seeing me smile, playing outside, socializing with people… and that what I had done. But then another realization came to me, this is not me… I am not myself if I continue to project the sooyoung that taeyeon wants” sooyoung smiled to yuri, eyes staring at hers “then… somehow I found my conviction, I wanted to see the world, to do something that I never able to do and finally doing something worthy to make my family proud”

Yuri blinked her eyes “i… see…” she realized how different her world was with sooyoung. she who keep locking herself on a box called past and sooyoung who created her own new world by herself.

“anyway!” sooyoung tried to lighten the mood “what do you want anyway? You come here without ordering anything… I cant let it slide miss kwon” sooyoung joked

Yuri lowered her head, her bangs covering her face. Sooyoung confused to see yuri like this. “say sooyoung…” yuri spoken “could you please… help me?” she raised her head, her teary eyes found sooyoungs

The taller girl felt surprised. To hear the strong yuri asked for help and to see that teary eyes… without a moment pass, sooyoung nodded her head… eventhough she didn’t know what yuri will ask of her.

........................................................................................................

dun.dun.dun... next chap will show us what choi sooyoung capable of
but first, i need my sleep