of the jung and the im

For Her Memories

In her high school days, sooyoung is not what you can call ‘princess’. As matter of fact she herself knew that she is one of school ugly duckling. Back there the people who associated with her is either teachers, principal, or bookworm like her. Well, taeyeon is a whole exception… because for the tall girl, her very existence herself is an enigma. She is beautiful, her pale white skin and that blonde lock only made her look like a princess from fairy tale. When sooyoung first meet her, she felt intimidated by the radiant light that taeyeon emitted, all the attention that it demanded, it was a whole level of things sooyoung felt alien in itself. She never knew this kind of person in her life and even till today, sooyoung never meet anyone that have the same radiant light like taeyeon.

But, if she could say if anyone had similarities trait like her deceased girlfriend, it would be Jessica jung. She is her step sister friend who transferred school to korea when her parents decided to go to this country for furthering their family business. Jessica jung is another fairy princess that sooyoung ever meet in her life, that fair skin, that well shaped face and those silky blonde hair, she have a whole definition of beauty just for herself.

That Jessica also could draw people attention toward herself is also what sooyoung could say the same like taeyeon, although she didn’t radiates the same light, Jessica is a swirl of storm that everyone would drawn themselves into when they know her while taeyeon will make everyone knew her as soon as they exchange simple greetings.

She met her after her mother marries with her step father, and while sooyoung could make list of what she can explain about Jessica jung, she never knew one thing that the blonde girl kept secret from her.

That there is a soft spot… just for her, the tall girl who made someone that has a nickname of ‘ice princess’ like Jessica, could laugh, care for someone else, and most importantly overprotective. That soft spot that only Jessica aware of, is her feeling to this choi sooyoung, her sooyoungie… for years that she hides her feeling, that very feeling never vanished… it instead grows. While she know someone else had already own sooyoung at their high school days, Jessica feeling never faded.

She kept it by herself… unknown by others.

Seeing her changed, unlike the shy and quiet girl she was long time ago made Jessica more happy than ever. The way the taller girl dressed, her beautiful smile that she sporting on her lips, the way she could draw her attention, fully, like somehow nothing else matters when she talk with sooyoung… oh, Jessica could only smile widely for her change.

“still living with uncle hwang?” Jessica asked the taller girl when she and her worker want to go back, finishing the work that already due date.

“nope… I moved out after high school days over sica, I live alone now” she smirked proudly “why is it you ask?”

“nothing… just wanted to bug you like one of those days” Jessica giggled softly

“sica… we are grown up now” sooyoung smiled “but if you have time to share then feel free to come to my apartment, I’ll text you my address later”

“kay then” Jessica opened the café door “bye youngie, it’s nice to see you again”

“likewise sica… likewise”

Sooyoung waved her right hand to her, unknown of the secret feeling that Jessica harbor to the taller girl. While it is usual for sooyoung to see Jessica smiled like that, it was different for Jessica co-worker… it was rare sight, to even see the smile reached their boss eyes. They all know, Jessica was truly happy to meet this tall girl namely choi sooyoung.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“unnie… did you know soo unnie?” yoona asked her boss on the way back to their workplace. Yoona was felt out of the conversation when sooyoung and Jessica talked to each other, and she never felt like that whenever she is with sooyoung before.

“yes… I know her since we are 7 years old if my memories serve me well” Jessica answered “as matter of fact, you could say we are childhood friend. I lost contact with her when we are graduated from high school, as you know, I went back to states and took my bachelor there”

“I see” yoona mumbled

“she’s not like this before…” Jessica muttered, earning yoona attention “eh? What do you mean unnie? I mean, I know her ever since our college days together and I can say that sooyoung unnie always been like this” yoona said

“no… sooyoung, the old sooyoung I know is a quiet and shy girl. She is a person who never make first conversation and she hate’s crowded place… but, seeing her change like this indeed refreshing… I’m quite happy by it”

Yoona sulked back, seems that her boss beaten her on head start. Her boss know sooyoung past where yoona wasn’t even aware that sooyoung is a shy girl before.

“did she ever have girlfriend in college yoona?” Jessica asked the younger girl who now tensed, conflicted if she had to give honest answer or… lied. But well… maybe this could take down her boss as competitor for getting sooyoung. Right? Well yoona could only hope

“yes” now it was Jessica who tensed, hearing the answer “w-who… is the lucky girl?”

Yoona smirked after seeing her boss like that “me” she pointed her finger to herself “I am the luckiest girl that got her”

Jessica glared to the younger girl “are you lying to me im yoona?”

“nope… I will never dare to lie if it comes to soo unnie” yoona smiled “but…” yoona turned around, back facing her boss “it was over… we are just friend now if that make you calm”

“oh…” Jessica soften her gaze “I see that”

“still” yoona spoke again “… I am not giving up, if you wondering on that” and smirked, leaving the blonde standing there glaring on her back.

‘I am not giving up… even if soo unnie reject me million times’ yoona stated on her mind

……………………………………………………………………………………………

the time flies, already night, the clock showing that its almost midnight. While all her co-worker now back home, Jessica jung still trapped with her unfinished paperwork.

Her mind was continuously drifted toward the conversation she had with im yoona earlier today. That she let out a sign that she, Jessica jung, likes choi sooyoung to another person was weird for herself. For years she kept it inside, she never even let a slight emotion taking control over her and now she already made a stand, completely opposite with the same direction with im yoona.

‘damn it…’ Jessica caressed her head, trying to lessen her headache ‘calm down… it’s not like she have a good start, right? Think about it, even sooyoung focus was only to me when we are talking today… right?’

She then opened her eyes, looking at the paper that laying down in front of her. She sighed, she completely down and tired for any of work.

………………………………………………………………………………………………….

cat fight! and the lady luck of sooyoung will showing her magic, again, in next chapter