The layer of secret she long burried

For Her Memories

“Did you know that sooyoung have step sister?”

Hyomin stopped her movement and placed her spoon and fork back, her eyes looking at her date tonight. Lee sunny never been one that told lie or making bad joke to impress someone, let alone telling it for the purpose of entertainment, that and the fact that the one she is talking about is her bestfriend.

“what?” almost like a mixed tone between silence whisper and surprised squall, hyomin let out her answer “but she…”

“yes” sunny spoken “never told anyone about it and that’s weird. I mean sooyoung is not someone whom purposely hides something like this you know… she always been like an open book, ready to be read by anyone.”

“wait” hyomin huffed, thinking a moment “where did you know this if it's not from sooyoung then?”

Sunny pinched the bridge of her nose, hope whisking away the headache that came from today problem “she… came to us and well… I never expected to see sooyoung so… vulnerable, fragile… a-afraid”

“sun” hyomin placed her left hand on top of sunny right “this is choi sooyoung we talking about”

“I know and I cant believe my eyes either!” sunny thinking back on what she saw back there “but… she didn’t even look at her, she keep on looking down like avoiding her, wishing she was just an imaginary thing and the worst part of it, she run away from her”

“really?” hyomin surprised to hear it “sooyoung? Running away from trouble? What in the world-“

“yeah… and she blocked me since. Her phone is off and I cant find her anywhere” sunny run her finger on her hair “sorry… I know this is our date and all yet I cant stop worrying about that giant”

“its okay” hyomin soothe voice calming her, sunny at least can be relaxed for a bit “we could go and search her after this if you want”

“y-you okay with that?” hyomin nods answering sunny “thank you”

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“yes can I help- sooyoung?” the tall girl looked at the one whom stand in front of her. Sooyoung didn’t know how she came to this place, her mind was still hazy after seeing her step sister once again, after she had hoped that she will never see her ever again.

“what happened to you? Why are you so… wait, did you drenched yourself in rain?! Come inside now” the older woman pulled her into her home. After tending sooyoung for a bit, preparing a change in clothes, ushering her to take a shower and making a hot cocoa for her, the old woman decides to confront her about what happened

“i… I need place to stay for a bit aunty, if- if it’s not a problem with you” sooyoung pleaded, her voice was like a faint whisper and yet the older woman understand the desperation of the younger woman.

“of course it is no problem sooyoung, you can stay as long as you want here” she smiled, it is been so long since she saw the tall young girl again. It’s almost 4 years maybe? She couldn’t quite remember. The last time she saw her, she is still sporting those innocence face but her shy demeanor is gone. She shone brightly, just like how she remember her eldest daughter, both of them radiates the same light now and it was amazing how this girl can change like that and not succumbed to the darkness when that happen…

When her daughters leave them…

“aunty kim?” sooyoung asked the older woman whom lost in thought “yes dear?” she answered back, seeing that sooyoung already a bit calmer than before. The old woman now looking at sooyoung from top to toe and she realize how beautiful she had become now. The one who supposedly will become her in-law if her eldest daughter is still around.

“um… you just spaced out there, is there any problem?” sooyoung asked, making the old lady in front of her giggled. Even when she was the one who asked help first she can still worried about someone else.

Oh this young woman, whomever ended with her will be the happiest person in the world… such a gem, it was no wonder on how her eldest daughter was so infatuated with her, like she had already found the treasure of the world itself. She understand now, this is the one person that her daughter tries hard to appears from the shy and quiet sooyoung back there. She couldn’t imagine if her eldest daughter still alive… how will the both of them radiates the light together.

Oh… this old woman can just imagine now…

“its okay dear, it just that… it is been long time already since I seen you” the old woman smiled genuinely “how are you now? How’s life?”

“um… it’s been okay aunty” the younger girl fidgeted “I am on my last year in college… I plan on adventuring around the world first after I finished my study… I worked part time and tries to learn many things in my spare time aunty”

The old lady giggled again, she was almost like her eldest daughter on that… on how she wants to learn many things and wanted to see the world.

“I see…” as long as the young girl in front of her is not lost in her life then it is alright, after all, this girl already have a fond place inside her heart. “so… what happened today dear?”

Sooyoung tensed up, she felt still not ready to remembers it again. But she cant lie to the old woman, no… never again… after she had lied about her problem and hides it from taeyeon, she cant hides it again… not to taeyeon mother.

“i…” sooyoung voice chocked up, as if she cant let it out. She hung her head down, both hand clenched hard “i… I am sorry aunty…” she muttered

“what for?”

“… for- for almost 3 years of my time together with tae” sooyoung paused, preparing herself “i… I am not been completely honest with her”

“oh” a simple answer that made sooyoung surprised, because it felt like the older woman know it. But… how could she? “I know it sooyoung… and she know it too”

“y-you mean…” sooyoung tears pooled on her eyes, threatening to fall

“yes… for those years together, she knows you hide something from her. Yet she told me it is fine, she know you will eventually told her, after all, your love to her is not lies… right?”

Sooyoung cries silently…

“she said if you want time to prepare to telling her your problem, then she will give all the time she had. If at those time you ended up saddened by your problem, she will be there to cheer you up, if your problem hurt you, she will be there to heal you… eventhough she doesn’t know what problem you hides from her, she understand you sooyoung” the old woman smiled again “so… are you ready to tell this old woman then?”

Sooyoung just nod, shut tightly covering her sobbing voice while her tears now streaming down like a waterfall

“are you sure dear?” she asked again “you know you are not obliged to tell me, after all… she is not here anymore”

“i- iwanted to” sooyoung managed to say between her sob

“alright then…” the older woman sat beside sooyoung and give her a warm hug, sooyoung let out her cries… her old wound is hurting again and she need someone to support her.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“omigosh… sooyoung!” sunny run toward her tall friend who had been gone for 5 days. No contact, no message, no call, no whatsoever and now she come out in open, smile plastered on her face like an idiot

“hey… I see you aren’t gaining some height” sunny smacked her shoulder, hardly, while sooyoung just laughed “you ! You don’t know how worried I was and that what you said to your friend the first thing you saw her?”

“sorry… I just need time” sooyoung smiled “it’s okay now sun, I am fine”

“really?” sunny asked, making sure “I mean you got me and hyomin you know… don’t go hides alone again, ever!”

“for your information” sooyoung waved her right hand “I am not hiding alone” she giggled “anyway… can you go with me today? Just… close the café for today” sunny looked at her, questioning “please sun?” sooyoung begged

“well…” sunny bites her lip “fine…” she huffed, remembering that this tall giant friend of her will not backed down for anything “just tell me where are you taking me?”

Sooyoung smiled, looking out from the window to see how bright it was today. The sun and the sky… it was perfect

“visiting” sooyoung stated simply

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

On the tombstone, sunny could read the name of the person buried here. Well she was not surprised because she was here at the time her friend been buried, although at that time she didn’t know sooyoung yet.

“hey… I’m back” sunny could hear sooyoung whispering that toward the tombstone in front of them. Sooyoung placed down the flower bouquet and began to kneel “I know it’s a surprise to see me here not on our anniversary or on both of our birthday…” sooyoung smiled “I just want to tell you that… I will… I will face the past that been haunted me tae. Thank you for the time you gave to me, I am prepared now… and sorry for not telling you” she grazed her right hand on the tombstone “… I will tell you all after I resolved the problem. Please…” sunny couldn’t catch on what the last words sooyoung said there, but after saying that sooyoung regained her composure

Sunny could saw the usual light radiates from sooyoung again

“you fancy visiting my home sun?” sooyoung asked her while the blonde haired girl just stand in daze, confused on what the heck happened

……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

To say that sunny surprised, knowing the big building on top of a hill, standing alone, is sooyoung house is not exaggerated. After all, her tall friend never even mentioned how rich her family is. Sunny know that sooyoung is from rich family, but this rich? Never been imagining it.

If her knowledge is correct, about the identity of the owner of this… this… um, mansion is… then sunny is really confused now.

“um… sooyoung” she spoken while the both of them is being led by two maid toward a room inside the mansion “aren’t… aren’t this the hwang mansion, the architect that well known in the world mansion?”

Sooyoung just nodded her head while smiled answering her

‘damn this giant… secret after secret, I swear I will strangle her if she didn’t explain anything to me’