Chapter 9

Stolen Heart

            Flashback (before he proposed)

          “Hyung are you sure with this?...” Dong Hoon asked him. There now in a jewelry store and Jong Kook is choosing a ring. He’s going to propose to Ji Hyo.

          “Yes…I’m really sure…” he replied. “This one..” he said to the salesman.

          “Really??...How well are you sure?...” Gary asked.

          “I feel it here…” he said and points his finger to his heart.

          “Hyung…You know were happy that you finally loved someone…but isn’t too early to propose to her?...” Dong Hoon said.

          “He’s right Jong Kook Hyung…” Gary agreed.

          He put his arms to the shoulders of Dong Hoon and Gary. “I’m sure with this and I’m not backing off…You haven’t feel this kind of feeling that’s why you’re saying those things…I truly love her…and I want to love her for the rest of my life…One day you’ll understand what I’m feeling…” he smiled.

          “Aigooo…Araseo araseo…We get it…” Dong Hoon said.

          He can’t even believe what he’s doing right now. He really wants to be with her forever. He’s really crazy in love with her. Maybe there is also another reason behind it. He’s afraid that one day if her memories come back she’ll disappear and leave him.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Ji Hyo stares at him with tears in her eyes. She was flustered but she knows what she wanted.

          She nodded and smiles. “Yes…I will marry you…” she said. She just wanted to be with him forever. Yes, it happens fast but her hearts says it all. This guy is the one she wants to spend her life with.

          Jong Kook put the ring on her finger. He got up and slowly bridged the gap and kissed her.

          “Thank you…I love you Ji Hyo-yah…” he said.

          “I love you too…”

          “AIGOOOOO…Congratulations…” Dong Hoon and Gary shouted. They walk towards them and have a group hug. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo were very happy. They were hoping that everything will be just fine.

~~~~~~~~~~

          *Seoul*

          “Inspector…Please don’t stop looking for her…She’s still alive I feel it…Do everything to find her…” he said through the phone.

          “Ne~…I understand Joo Ji Hoon-ssi…” the inspector replied then after he hung up.

           He looks at the picture of her in the frame. He gets it and traces her face with his thumb and tears fall from his eyes.

          “It’s been two months…Where are you?...Please come back…I don’t believe that you’re dead because I still feel in my heart that you’re still alive…I miss you…I love you…It’s my fault…I should be the one that got kidnapped not you…” he said.

           Flashback

          *Incoming call Chun Sung Im*

          He smiles and answered it. “Hey where are you? I’ve been waiting for you… I thought you’re coming…” he said but she didn’t answer back.

          “Sung Im-ah…” he said.

          “Joo Ji Hoon-ssi…It’s been a long time…” a man said.

          “Who are you?...Where is Sung Im?...You bastard! What did you do to her?...”

          “Relax…relax…” he smirk. “You really can’t recognize my voice?...Joo…Jin…Hoon-ssi…”

          “Jung Woong In…” he said.

          “Gotcha…”

          “What do you want?...”

          Jung Woong In is the general manager in finance department of his company. He fired him because his stealing the company’s budget.

          “I’m just returning the favor you did to me…I told you I’ll make you suffer…You thought that I was just joking right?...But you’re wrong..I’m serious like hell…I will make you pay…”

          “Don’t do this…Where are you?...I’ll go there…You’re mad at me…Don’t do anything to her…Please…”

          “Annyong~…” then he hung up.

          He already reports it to the police after their conversation. He also called her parents to let them know. After 15 hours of searching they found him. The police arrest him. He runs to him and punch him hard.

          “Where is she? You evil!...” he angrily said.

          He smirks at him. “I already told you…I’ll make you suffer…”

          “Dammit!...Where is she?...Where is she?...Where is she?...” he shouted.

          Jung Woong In laughs hard like celebrating a victory. “She’s gone…You will never find her…”

          He punches him again but the police stop him. He went crazy and cried. “Where are you Sung Im-ah?...I’m sorry…” his mind said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook grabs her hand to stop her. “Oppa…I can do it alone…” she said.

          “But what if something bad will happen like the day Gary helps you…”

          “It won’t happen don’t worry…Hmmm…I’ll be safe…” she said and kisses his lips. “I’ll be going then…I love you…”

          “I love you too…Be safe okay?...I’ll be waiting…”

          She went to the market. She’s going to buy few things and food. Jong Kook was making such a fuss about it. She buys everything that she needed. She also buys a couple shirts for them.

          Ji Hyo was waiting for the green light to cross the street when a boy suddenly runs to get his ball. She saw a car speeding. She immediately runs to the boy and push him. Ji Hyo was hit by the car and fell unconscious on the ground. All of the people surround her and an ambulance came.

          At the same time, Jong Kook was cooking then suddenly the plate fell on the ground and broke. He felt strange and then he thought about her.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…” his mind said.