Chapter 34

Stolen Heart

          “Let’s break up!...You liar!...” Ji Hyo said with anger in her eyes. Jong Kook looks at her flustered. Ji Hyo turns and will walk away but he grab her arm.

          “Ji Hyo-yah…Don’t do this…It’s not what you think…It’s not true…I can explain just listen to me…” Jong Kook pleaded.

          “You don’t need to…and I don’t want to hear anything about it…Just let me go…”

          “ANI~!...I won’t…I can’t…Please listen to me…It’s nothing…Well it’s true that my parents want us to marry but we--…”

          “Stop it…I don’t want to hear it…I don’t need your explanation…Let me go…I don’t want to see you ever again…”

          “But Ji Hyo-yah…”

          Ji Hyo pulls away her arm and walk away. Jong Kook felt devastated and tears started to form in his eyes. He can’t believe this is actually happening. He was about to propose but this thing happen. “Is this the end Ji Hyo-yah?...After everything that happened is this what we should be?...It hurts so much…I hope you listen to me…Please don’t give up like this…It will kill me…” he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Next day, Jong Kook told his secretary to call Lee Hyori. After minutes, Hyori goes to his office. He let her sits and he also sits towards her.

          “What is it Jong Kook-ssi?...” Hyori asked.

          “I need your help…We need to talk to the media together…to clean up the rumors…everyone thought it was true…and I really need to prove it wrong my girlfriend broke with me because of this…”

          Hyori felt it’s her fault even though her Father is the one behind it. “Don’t worry I’ll help you…Do you have something important to do?...We can call the media and have an interview with them…”

          “I’ll cancel my appointments…Let’s do that…”

          Jong Kook told his secretary to call the media and let it go to his office. After 30 minutes, two media man came into his office.

          “Kim Jong Kook-ssi and Lee Hyori-ssi…Why did you call us?...” one of the media man asked.

          “We need to clear the wrong speculations and I know you can help us with that…” Hyori said.

          “Of course Lee Hyori-ssi…We just want the truth also…” the other media man said.

          Lee Hyori looks at Jong Kook and sign that he should say what he wants. “We’re not engaged nor in a relationship...We just met a few days ago…I help her and she just treated me with a coffee…I didn’t even know who she is…We’re civil with each other…I hope you’ll clear the wrong speculations…” Jong Kook explains.

          “Is that really the truth?...” media asked.

          “Yes…It’s the truth…and as you also noticed we didn’t look like we have a romantic relationship…Our parents were friends…that’s all…but we barely know each other…as you know I’m living at Spain so it’s really impossible…We stating the truth and you should report it correctly…” Hyori said.

          “Okay Kim Jong Kook-ssi and Lee Hyori-ssi…We’ll report it right away…But don’t you know everyone said that you look perfectly to each other…and you really do especially seeing you both personally…Don’t worry we’ll do our job expect the headline later…Thank you…We’ll be going…”

          “Thank you also…” Jong Kook said and shakes their hands. Hyori also does the same and the media men leave.

          “Everything will be okay now Jong Kook-ssi…” Hyori said.

          “I hope it will be…” Jong Kook replied.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Hyori’s Appa arrived from business trip and goes straight to JK Hotel. Mr. Lee with Hyori went to Jong Kook’s office. Jong Kook greeted him.

          “I’m sorry Jong Kook-ah I cause you problems…I’ve heard everything to Hyori…I didn’t know that you’re in a relationship that’s why I plan that…” Mr. Lee apologized.

          “It’s okay Mr. Lee…I do understand your intentions…”

          “Thank you for that…If you need some help just tell me…”

          “Thank you Sir…I’m sorry for not following what you planned with my Abeoji…”

          “No its okay…My daughter is also against it…but I hope you can be friends like me and your Abeoji…”

          “Yes Sir…We’ll be friends…” he said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Days passed after the news that Jong Kook and Hyori weren’t really engaged. But still Ji Hyo is ignoring Jong Kook. He always calls her but she keeps on ignoring. He tried to talk to her but she refuse. It keeps on bothering him. He doesn’t know what to do anymore.

          Afternoon, Dong Hoon decided to go to Ji Hyo’s coffee shop. He went into her office.

          “Why are you here Dong Hoon Oppa?...If you went here because he told you so I’m sorry but you can leave now…” Ji Hyo said.

          “He didn’t tell me to go here…I was the one who wants to go here and talk to you Ji Hyo-yah…”

          “What is it Oppa?...”

          “I think you’re too much…You heard the news and everything was not true…Why can’t you let him explain to you everything?...Is that really that hard?...You love him right?...” Dong Hoon said but Ji Hyo just looks at him and didn’t respond.

          “Jong Kook Hyung is really sad…He didn’t know what to do anymore…Are you going to still do this?...Ji Hyo-yah every person has their own limits…If Hyung gives up it will be the end…All I want to tell you is open your heart and listen to him…Don’t be too hard on him…Hyung really loves you so much…He suffered too much…Don’t let him hurt this way…I’m asking you a favor…I can’t stand looking at him falling down…I hope you’ll consider what I said…I’ll be going then…” Dong Hoon said and leaves.

          Ji Hyo cried as he left. “Dong Hoon Oppa was right…What I’m doing is a bull! Because of anger and jealousy I didn’t even listen to him…How fool I am to make him suffer…I will talk to him…I should…” she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook drinks liquor everyday even he can’t handle it. He’s hurt and trying to think what to do make him crazy. He was now at the hotel bar drinking alone. He keeps on drinking until he gets drunk. The employees tried to assist him but he refuses.

          He keeps on walking at the lobby even wobbly. Then he sees someone standing right in front of him because of being drunk he thought it was Eun Hye and he walks towards her and hugs her.

          “I need you now Eun Hye-yah…What took you so long?...Tell me what to do…My heart aches a lot…I can’t take it anymore…” Jong Kook said and a tear fell from his eye.

          Ji Hyo who decided to go to him went into the hotel. She entered and she saw Jong Kook hugging Lee Hyori then she walks out.