Chapter 21

Stolen Heart

           Sung Im was flustered but she can’t push him away. She felt secured being around his arms.

          “I miss you Song Ji Hyo…” he said. “Please…” he paused. “Please…come--…” Then he didn’t finish what he’s saying. They fell down in the sand. “Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” she calls him but he didn’t answer. “Jong Kook-ssi…” she repeated. She slightly pushes him away and noticed that he’s asleep. She got up and looks at him and thinks if she will just leave him there but it’s cold.

          “Jong Kook-ah…” Tae Hyun shouted and runs to them. Tae Hyun tried to wake him up but he didn’t response. “He told me he’ll just go to the store…Aish this man…” Tae Hyun said.

          “Are you okay Miss?...He didn’t do anything wrong?...” Tae Hyun asked.

          “No…”

          “We were drinking that’s why I asked…Ahmm Is it okay if you can help me?...I don’t think I can bring him to our room alone…” he asked and Sung Im nodded. They support him and bring him into their room. They lay him into his bed.

          “Weeew…Thank you Miss??...”

          “Chun Sung Im…”

          “Chun Sung Im-ssi…Thank you…Really thank you…I’m sorry for disturbing you too…”

          “No…it’s okay…May I know what is your name?”

          “Tae Hyun… Cha Tae Hyun…”

          “Cha Tae Hyun-ssi…Can I ask a question?...”

          “What is it?...”

          “Who is Song Ji Hyo?...”

          “Song Ji Hyo…is his first love…”

          “But where is she?...”

          “She’s dead…” Tae Hyun said. Sung Im felt sorry for Jong Kook. Now she understands why he’s like this. Why he was like a man who’s longing for someone? “But what is his relationship to Eun Hye-ssi?...Maybe his new love…*shake head* Why do I care?!...” she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

           Jong Kook, Tae Hyun, Ji Hoon and Sung Im were in the same table eating their breakfast. Jong Kook and Ji Hoon were talking about the business while Sung Im was sometimes looks at Jong Kook. But he never looks at her.

          “We’ll be busy later…You can trip around and buy some things then…You’ll be okay right?...or do you want me to find someone to guide you?” Ji Hoon said to her.  

          “No don’t worry I’ll be okay….” She replied.

          “Just be safe okay?...” he said and she nodded.

          After that, Jong Kook, Ji Hoon and Tae Hyun go to the convention meeting with the other business man. Sung Im goes to some places and buy some souvenirs for her family and friends.

~~~~~~~~~~

          At dinner, they all eat together again. After they ate, Ji Hoon with Tae Hyun leaves first to talk to someone. Jong Kook and Sung Im were left alone in the table. She was about to asked him something when his handphone rings.

          “Oh Dong Hoon-ah…” he said. Sung Im felt familiar with the name he said. “WHAT?...Where is she?...I want to talk to her…” he said.

          “Eun Hye-yah…Are you okay?...How do you feel?...Tell me what happen?...” he worriedly asked. Sung Im who was looking and hearing what he’s saying felt jealous. “JEALOUS?!...You’re really insane Sung Im-ah…How come you’ll be jealous?...Omo~ you’re out of your mind…Erase erase erase…” she thought.

          “It’s just fatigue and stress Jong Kook-ah…I’m okay…I don’t want to stay here I’ll go home later…” Eun Hye said on the line.

          “No…don’t go home yet…you should rest…Stop working too much…Please Eun Hye-yah…I don’t want you to be like this…Araseo?...” he said with concern voice.

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Ne~…Araseo…” Eun Hye replied. She felt happy just hearing his voice. She should guard her heart more now. But it keeps on beating like crazing.

          She handed the handphone to Dong Hoon.

          “Hyung don’t worry will take care of her…” Dong Hoon said and hangs up. “You heard him Eun Hye-yah…Just rest and don’t mind work…”

          “I’ll rest but let’s go home Dong Hoon-ah…I hate being in a hospital…” she said. Dong Hoon just agrees to what she wants.

          “I really can’t stay in here…It just reminds me of the day my parents died…It still aches like hell…How much I miss them?...” she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          The second day at Jeju Island, Ji Hoon was already in the convention meeting. Sung Im get in the elevator and goes down but it stop at 14th floor. Jong Kook also got in the elevator. The elevator goes down but they were not talking to each other.

          “Do you remember what happen the last night at seaside?...” Sung Im asked.

          “I’m sorry but I don’t remember…Did we meet?...Should I remember something?...”

          Sung Im turns her head away. “You’re a bad person…Kim Jong Kook!...I hate you…” she thought. She clenched her fist because of irritation.

          Then the elevator suddenly stops at 10th floor. It stuck up. Jong Kook immediately pushes the emergency button.

          “Excuse me…Sir there is someone in here…Can you help us?...” he said.

          “We’re sorry Sir…There some technical problem…We’ll immediately fix it…Sorry Sir…” someone said.

          Sung Im felt nervous. After the accident a year ago, she doesn’t want to be in a closed place in a long time.

          Two hours past but they were still trapped inside the elevator. Jong Kook didn’t talk to her. He didn’t ask if she was okay.

           “Kim J-ong Koo-k-ssi…” she said with a low and trembling voice.

          Jong Kook looks at her. She was pale even her lips doesn’t have its normal color. He immediately approaches her.

          “Are you okay?...”

          “I can’t bre-athe…”

          Jong Kook felt anxious and think what he’s going to do. He pushes the emergency button again.

          “PLEASE DO IT QUICKLY…THERE IS SOMEONE WHO CAN’T BREATHE HERE…” he shouted.

          He holds her arms and stands her. “Don’t lose your consciousness Sung Im-ssi…Just stay with me…Okay?...Stay with me…” he said.

          “I don’t t-hi-nk ---…” she didn’t finish what she’s saying because Jong Kook kisses her.