Chapter 5

Stolen Heart

          “It’s been a month…I’m happy you’re finally here…Gary-ah…” Jong Kook said.

          Gary walks towards him and hugs him. “I miss you Hyung…Is it true?...You finally like someone?...”

          “Aniyo~…It’s not true…Dong Hoon-ah is just making stories…Don’t believe him…”

          “Gary Hyung I’m saying the truth…He stares at her with sparks in his eyes…”

          “YAH~…Stop it Dong Hoon-ah…” Jong Kook said.

          “Look…He’s getting annoyed because I’m saying the truth…”

          “Hyung It’s really true then…Congrats…” Kang Gary said.

          “Aish…I don’t know what to say to the both of you…” Jong Kook stresses out.

          “It’s good to like someone Hyung…There’s nothing wrong with it…We’re both happy for you…We didn’t even realize that you’re going to like someone someday…Do you know that almost all girls here in our village have crush on you?...You’re really lucky but you’re such an idiot that you ignored them…” Gary said.

         “He’s right Jong Kook Hyung…We’ll support you…and for sure she’ll like you too…” Dong Hoon added.

          Jong Kook felt the sincerity of them. He doesn’t know what to do or think. He’ll let his feelings decide if it’s true then.

~~~~~~~~~~

          A week past, Ji Hyo is now very okay. It’s already 9 in the morning when she notices that Jong Kook was about to leave.

          “Oppa…” she calls him.

          Jong Kook felt strange feeling again hearing her calling him ‘Oppa’. He knows he said it to her the other day.

          Flashback

          They’re eating lunch together.       

          “Ji Hyo-ssi…I think we should change the way we call each other…because they’ll be suspicious…Our parents were already friends but we still call each other in a formal way…I hope you understand…”

          “I understand…So I’ll call you Oppa from now on….” She smiles.

          Seeing her smiles like that Jong Kook felt happy inside. “Ne~…and I’ll call you Ji Hyo-yah..”

          End of Flashback

          “Ne~…Ji Hyo-yah…Is there something wrong?...” he turns to her.

          “Aniyo~…Are you going to the market?...”

          “Ne~…Why?...”

          “Can I go instead?...”

          “But is it okay with you?…You might be lost…”

          “Ne~…It’s okay with me…I really want to have a walk and I won’t be lost you bring me there times before…”

          “Okay…Just take care of yourself…”

          She left and went to the market. Jong Kook felt worried for her living alone.

          *At the market*

          Ji Hyo bought all she needs to buy. She got fancy with her surroundings. She still walks around when suddenly three men get near her. She felt scared and nervous.

          “Agassi…Why are you alone?...” the one man said.

          “A beautiful woman like you shouldn’t be alone…” the other man said.

          “Aigoooo…You’re scaring her…Agassi…Cold you come with us?...” said the other.

          Ji Hyo can’t even look at them. She just bows her head to not let them see her wobbly.

          “Agassi…Yah…Agassi…We’re talking to you…”

          The man tried to hold her hand but she keeps on resisting.

          “Yah…What are you doing?...” a voice said. She knows that it didn’t come to the three men. She felt hopeful that someone will help her.

          “Why?...Is there something wrong?!...” one of the men said.

          “Well…” he paused. “The police are coming…” he pointed to a direction. The three men turn their heads to look. He immediately grabs her hand and runs. The three men quickly followed them. They hide to place and the three men didn’t found them. It takes a minutes to sure that they really gone. They went out to their hiding place.

          “Your save now…I’m sorry for dragging you like that…” he said.

          Ji Hyo looks at him. “Aniyo~…Thank you if not because of you probably those guys will do things that I can’t ever imagine…Thank you so much…” she bows.

          He smiles. “I’m Kang Gary…and you are?...”

          “Song Ji Hyo…” then they shakes hands.

          “Nice to meet you Ji Hyo-ssi…It’s my pleasure to save you…”

          Kang Gary accompanied her into her house. Thinking that the bad guys might still wait somewhere just to be sure that she’s safe. As they were walking, Ji Hyo found out that Gary-ssi is a funny man. He has sense of humor that will not make you bored. She always laughs with his jokes and she feels comfortable with him. She thought of someone she wants to have the sense of humor just like him. “What if he’s like him?...For sure he would be so good looking while smiling…He’ always serious and silent…I can’t even talk to him normally…I was scared to try too…Aigoooo” her mind said.

          Gary found out that they’re walking to Jong Kook Hyung’s house and when she stops exactly at Jong Kook’s house he asked her.

          “Oh~…You’re living here?...”

          “Ne~…”

          “How come?...Jong Kook Hyung is living alone…Who are you?...”

          “Aahh..so you know him?...”

          “Of Course~…I’m his best friend…”

          “Ahhh…I’m here for vacation…I’m from Seoul…My parents and his Abeoji were friends…”

          “Oh…really?...Ahh…That’s why…” he smiles to her. He felt happy that it will not be the last time he’s going to see her.

          “Oh..You’re here…” Jong Kook says as he walks towards them. When he got out into his house, he saw Kang Gary and Ji Hyo talking like they know each other and he finds it irritating.

          “Ne~ Oppa…”

          “Gary-ah…What are you doing here?...” he asks.

          “I just accompanied her to make sure she was safe…I helped her at the market lately…Some bad guys were surrounding her…”

          Jong Kook holds her shoulder and looks if she’s hurt. “Are you okay?...Did they hurt you?...” he worriedly asks.

         Ji Hyo nodded. “Ne~…Thanks to Gary-ssi…”

        “Thank you Gary-ah…”

        “No problem Hyung…I’ll be going…Bye Ji Hyo-ssi…See you again…”

         Ji Hyo waves to him and smiles. Jong Kook just stares at her. “Why you’re smiling happily when it’s just the first time you’ve seen him?...Why do I feel upset then?...Aish what’s this feeling?...” his mind said.

~~~~~~~~~~

       Ji Hyo wakes up and fixed her bed. She went outside her room. She walks to the kitchen but Jong Kook isn’t there. She heard a sound outside the house. “He might be outside…” her mind said.

       She went outside and she saw him cutting the woods using the axe. She finds it amusing and she just keeps on staring at him. She was about to call him when she heard a shout.

      “OPPA~!!!...” a woman came running to Jong Kook. She hugs him tightly. “I really miss you Jong Kook Oppa…” she let go of the hug and her next move make Ji Hyo felt a strange feeling in her heart. The woman tip toed and kisses Jong Kook’s lips.