Chapter 16

Stolen Heart

           Jong Kook together with Eun Hye goes for a dinner meeting with the investors. The meetings went smoothly. After that, Jong Kook insisted that he wants to go to Han River and drink some beer. He wants to take some air. They were sitting in the bench while drinking canned beers. Jong Kook was looking at the bridge water fountain.

          Eun Hye also looking at it asked him. “Who is she?...”

          Jong Kook turns to her. “Who?...”

          “Song Ji Hyo…”

          He paused and thinks if he’ll answer her. He again looks at the fountain and said. “My first love…” Eun Hye stares at him. “Is she really the girl yesterday?...” she asked. Jong Kook nodded. “But why she can’t recognized you?...As I saw yesterday she doesn’t know you…” she said.

          “She forgot everything about me…”

          “Wait I’m confused…How will she forgot about you?...”

          Jong Kook looks at her. “It’s complicated…but I think I need to tell you everything…I know what I did yesterday...Everything of it even what I said before I passed out…” he paused. “I found her in the forest unconscious and she has bruises…so I help her…I bring her in my house and treat her bruises…but as she woke up she doesn’t remember who she was…and she got afraid that her life must be in danger…so we decided to keep her identity secret and she became Song Ji Hyo…” Eun Hye was eagerly listening to him. “And as I didn’t plan I fall in love with her and she did too…but one day she had an accident and left without noticed…I went to the address that she gives to the hospital…but she doesn’t remember me at all…”

          “But you still love her?...” then Eun Hye asked him.

          “I afraid I do…I did everything to forget her…but she was like a stain that I can’t erase…and by meeting her yesterday I finally understand that I really can’t forget her…”

          “Then why didn’t you fight for her?...Do everything that she will reminds you of…”

          “I’m afraid…and I think I shouldn’t because it kills me inside knowing that she doesn’t know me...I know I should fight for it but I saw something that makes me give up…”

          “What is it?...”

          Flashback

          Jong Kook stops and holds his chest. He can’t believe that she can’t remember him or she totally forgot about him. “Is she just acting?...Are you playing with me Ji Hyo-yah?...” he thought. As he thinks about that, he walks back to the house of her. He shouldn’t run at the first place. He should ask her directly. Then she saw her with Ji Hoon, he hide himself and looks at them. Ji Hoon was smiling to her. She walks towards and hugs him. Ji Hoon moves his head and lightly kisses her lips.

           Jong Kook worlds fall apart. He doesn’t know if he was betrayed or the real truth is in right in front of him. That she loved someone else before they met. “Why I didn’t thought about that?...You’re such an idiot Jong Kook-ah…” he’s mind said.

          End of Flashback

          Eun Hye finally understands him. He’s having these heartaches that he can’t even take away. She felt sorry for him. How can man loves purely yet hurt that way?

          “I’m a fool…right?...That after all that happens I still love her…I have a favor to ask you…”

          “What is it?...” she asked.

          “Save me…whenever I fall…because I don’t think I can save myself…I don’t want this aching feeling inside my chest…I want to be completely over her…”

          He was sincerely looking at her. Eun Hye understands what he’s asking. This man is becomes a fragile person if it’s about her. He’s not the strong man he used to know and she proved it yesterday.

          “Of course I’ll help you…I’m your Eomma right?...” she said.

          Jong Kook smiles. “Promise?...”

          Then they do the pinky promise.

          “But you need to control yourself…it’s possible to meet her…you should not waver…You should do it for yourself Jong Kook-ah…More than anyone can help you…You must first help yourself…” she said.

~~~~~~~~~

          Two weeks after, it’s early morning and Jong Kook was jogging in a park. He was listening to music while jogging. Then he saw a woman who was having a trouble to a man. It looks like the man wants to hit her. He came towards them and as he got there the man was about to hit her but luckily he grab the man’s arm.

          “Yah…How could you treat a woman like this?...” he asked with fierce in his eyes.

          The man looks at him. “What?!...It’s none of your business…This woman bumps me…”

          Jong Kook looks at the scared woman. “Did you do it on purpose?...” he asked. She immediately shakes her head. “Did you apologized already?...” he asked again. She nodded.

          “It was an accident and she said sorry to it…Isn’t enough?...or should I call the police?” he said seriously. The man leaves right away.

          “Thank you so much…” she said and bows. “I’m Han Ji Min…and you are?...” she introduces herself. She was amazed because he looks so handsome and cool also he saved her.

          “Kim Jong Kook…and you’re welcome…next time you should be careful…” he said and walks away.

          “Wait Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” she said and Jong Kook stops. “Can I get your number?...I want to treat you for helping me…” she handed her handphone. Jong Kook gives his number.

          “Till next time…Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” she shouted as Jong Kook leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~

          “Who are you waiting for Ji Min-ah?...” Sung Im asked her. “Just someone…” she replied. “You’re boyfriend?...Yah…you didn’t even told me…Who is he?...” Sung Im said. “Aniya~…Just someone I met…My savior….I’ll introduce you to him…He’s really handsome…” Ji Min said.

          Just then Jong Kook enters the coffee shop looking for Ji Min. Sung Im who is facing Ji Min. She saw him enters and she stands up and wave at him. He saw her and walks towards her. “Thank you for coming Kim Jong Kook-ssi…I’d like you to meet my best friend…Chun Sung Im…” she said. Sung Im was shocked to meet him again. It was too coincidence. Jong Kook didn’t have any reaction and bows to her like she really doesn’t know her. Sung Im stands and asked her employee to give them food and drinks. “He was drunk then…but she really didn’t recognize me?...” she thought.

          “I’m glad you came…I thought you’re going to reject my invitation…I was just really thankful for saving…”

          He smiles to her. “No it’s really nothing…Someone will surely help in that situation…” he said trying not to look at Ji Hyo. Then Ji Hoon came in and walks towards Sung Im. “Hey pretty…I miss you…” he said and hugs her. Jong Kook saw it and still trying to control his feelings. Ji Min is talking to him, he secretly text Eun Hye.

          Message:

                   Eomma save me…I’m at the coffee shop across the street…Please…

          He then looks at them. They were chatting happily while his heart where tearing into pieces.