Chapter 19

Stolen Heart

          Sung Im was startled. She doesn’t know that he’ll propose to her in front of many people. Ji Hoon was looking at her waiting for her to reply. She looks at the people and found that Jong Kook was here. Her heart thumps again. She looks again to Ji Hoon.

          She smiles a bit. “Yes…Ji Hoon-ah…I’ll marry you…” she said.

          Ji Hoon was so happy. He puts the ring on her finger and hugs her tightly. “I love you…” Sung Im didn’t answer. The guests all clap their hands to congratulate them. They’re parents’ walks towards them and congratulate them.  

          While every people congratulate them, she glances to where Jong Kook was. He was just drinking a glass of wine. Ji Hoon who holds her hand walks toward him. It makes her confused why he’s here.

          “Congratulations Joo Ji Hoon-ssi…” Jong Kook said.

          “Thank you...She’s my fiancée Chun Sung Im…and this is Kim Jong Kook-ssi my business partner…” Ji Hoon introduces. Like they didn’t meet each other they shake their hands. She awkwardly can’t look into his eyes but Jong Kook was just looking at hers emotionless.

~~~~~~~~~

          After the party ended at the Hotel, Ji Hoon insists to go to a karaoke bar with some close friends and he invited Jong Kook and Eun Hye. Jong Kook refuses but Ji Hoon still pushes him to come. They were sitting while drinking liquor. Eun Hye was worried about him. She still knows that nothings change about his feelings to her. She saw it in his eyes. The sadness and loneliness is still there. It doesn’t change a bit. It was his seven shot when she insists that he should stop.

          “Stop it…” she said.

          Jong Kook looks at her and smiles with smirk. “Just let me…” he said.

          Ji Hoon handed him the microphone. “Can you sing a bit? Kim Jong Kook-ssi…”

          “Okay…” He holds the mic and stands. Eun Hye was just looking at him. She’s hoping that he’ll not break down. He chooses his song and the music started. Sung Im looks at him.

           Then he started to sing.

 

“Gunyoga dangshin yegil haneyo

She talks about you about how you’re such a great person.
cham tatuthan saramirago

And she smiles all the time when she does.
marhanun nege usumi momuljyo

Just like how I was when
gunyorul choum bon gunare ne mosubchorom

I saw her for the first time.

 

Nul shibbunshig nudge naodorado

Even if she’s always 10 minutes

jal usumyo nomogajyoyo

late just smile and let it pass.

kumiji anhado yeppudangol morugo

She doesn’t even know how pretty she is so
onjongil goulman duryodabol baboilteni

all day she’ll fuss in front of the mirror like a fool.

 

 

Saranghandanun marun nul akiji marayo

Don’t ever hold in the words I love you.
torajyo hwanel teodo monji marhejwoyo

Be the first one to speak up when she pouts with anger.
hengyorado gakkum ne senggage aphahaltemyon

And if by chance when she thinks of me and hurts
sounhanmam durodo marobshi kog anajuseyo

Just hold her close… even if you feel unhappy.

 

Gakkum gwenhan tujongi nul teyedo

If sometimes she complains about stupid things
nul usumyo dallejuseyo

Always soothe her with a smile.
baredajultemyon hanbon do dorabogo

When you drop her off always turn around another time to look.
kuthneja marhamyon moth iginchog jabajuseyo

And if she tries to break up with you, be stubborn and hold onto her.

 

Saranghandanun marun nul akiji marayo

Don’t ever hold in the words I love you.
torajyo hwanel teodo monji marhejwoyo

Be the first one to speak up when she pouts with anger.
hengyorado gakkum ne senggage aphahaltemyon

And if by chance when she thinks of me and hurts
sounhanmam durodo marobshi kog anajuseyo

Just hold her close… even if you feel unhappy.

 

We ijesoya alge doenunji

Why is it now that I’ve come to realize all these things?
we ije mwodun da jarhalgod gathunji

Why is it now that I feel like I’ve done the best I could?
haruman dan haruman dangshingwa nal bakkwojundamyon

If, for one day just one day I could trade places with you
modahan sarang da boyojul tende

I’d show her all the love I couldn’t before

 

Gureyo ajig gunyorul nan saranghamnida

It’s true I still love her
gureyo babochrom to gidaryo bomnida

It’s true that I still wait for her like a fool

gasumsoge mearichorom nul doesegyobwado

Every day I turn it over and over in my heart like an echo
baro aphe nal dugo darungodman bonun gunyojyo

But it’s she that’s left my side and looks elsewhere.
dangshingyothe issul gunyojyo

It’s she that will be at your side…”

          She saw his sad eyes. She can’t even stop staring at him. It amazed her that he has a good voice, he was like a singer. After that all of them clap their hands as if he was having his concert.

          “Waaa..You’re really jjang Jong Kook-ssi…Haven’t you try to become a singer?...You really have a good and angelic voice..” Ji Hoon said. “Am I right Sung Im-ah?..” he said to her. Sung Im just nodded and tried not to look at him.

          Jong Kook still continues to drink even Eun Hye stops him. He was just concentrating on his liquor. He glances to Sung Im. Ji Hoon holds her hand and whisper her something that makes Sung Im smile. They were both smiling and it kills him. He can’t take it anymore he’ll going to explode in any moment. He immediately stands and leaves the room.

          “Kim Jong Kook-ssi…” Ji Hoon calls him but he didn’t turn his back. “What’s wrong?...” Ji Hoon asked Eun Hye. “It’s nothing he just wants to take some air…I’ll just follow him…” she said to cover up. She leaves the room and followed him at the corridor. She grabs his arm.

          “Yah…Where do you think you’re going?...” she asked.

          “I’m going home…” he said coldly.

          “You shouldn’t…How many times are you going to run away Jong Kook-ah?!...I know it hurts you but you should endure it and let the pain gets tired so you can finally let go of her…” she shouted.

          “Do you think it’s easy?!!...She’s my first love…She’s the one who taught me how to love…She’s the person I want to spend my life with…She’s the person I want the most…” he paused. It’s hurting him so much. Gary was right he’s just denying the fact that she still loves her. “I’ve tried Eun Hye-yah…I really tried my best…but it’s still here…Please take it away…I don’t want to feel this pain anymore…Please…” then tears started to fall from his eyes.

          Eun Hye heart aches as he sees him like this. It’s like she also feels the same way he does. He puts his head into her shoulder. He silently cried into her shoulder. She holds his face with her both hands. She lifts it and look into his eyes.

          “Just use me…Use me to forget her…” she said sincerely with tears in her eyes.

          Jong Kook was confused because of what she said. He holds her face. “Why can’t it be you?...It will be better if it was you…” He said and pressed his lips against hers. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ottokae?? O____O