Chapter 29

Stolen Heart

          Jong Kook carries her and put her into his car. He drives to the hospital as fast as he can. They went straight into the emergency room. The Doctor and nurses immediately assists Eun Hye. Jong kook just waits outside the room. He was trembling from nervousness and didn’t know what to do. He stood back and forth to the door. He calls Dong Hoon. “Ne Hyung...” Dong Hoon said. “Eun Hye…Eun Hye-yah…” he can’t even say what he’s going to say. “What happen to Eun Hye?...” Dong Hoon asked. “She’s in the Emergency room…The Doctor is treating her…I don’t know what happen I saw her unconscious on the grounds…I tried to wake her up but she isn’t responding…” Jong Kook said with a trembling voice. “We’ll be going there Hyung…Just wait for us…” Dong Hoon said and hangs up.

          The Doctor got out the room and talks to him. “How is she?...” Jong Kook asked. “I’m sorry but she not in a good condition…She has a leukemia right?...” then Jong Kook nodded. “Her condition is getting worse by hours…The cancer cells already affects her whole body…There’s nothing we can do…I’m sorry…”

          “You’re joking right?...Her Doctor said that she’s getting better…That she can’t stop the chemo already…and now you’re saying that there’s nothing you can do…Please help her…”

          “We’re very sorry Sir but…She only have hours to live…”

          Jong Kook felt he’s world torn apart. He wants to think that he’s hearing him wrong, that’s it’s not true. He felt devastated. He came into her room and she was lying so peacefully. He sat beside her and holds her hand. The scariest thing is he felt her hand is getting colder. His tears fall from his eyes.

          After an hour, Tae Hyun, Dong Hoon and Gary came. They look at Jong Kook with questions in their eyes. Jong Kook just shakes his head. Then the three felt so sad and flustered at the same time. Just as then Eun Hye opens her eyes and looks at them. She just smiles at them like telling them ‘It’s alright…’

          “Eun Hye-yah…” Jong Kook said. “Don’t leave please…” Eun Hye slightly shakes her head. “Please…Stay with us…” Jong Kook said and a tear fell from Eun Hye’s eye and mouthed ‘I’m sorry’ then she peacefully close her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~

          People came into Eun Hye’s wake. Employees, business partners and friends. Each of them was bowing to her coffin. Jong Kook just bows to them also without saying a word. He was completely in a dazed. He still can’t believe that she’s gone.

          Ji Hoon with Sung Im also came. “We’re sorry about what happen Jong Kook-ssi…” Ji Hoon said and he just nodded. Sung Im looks at him. She was worried about him. Her heart sunk seeing him distressed. Jong Kook didn’t even glance at her.

          After three days of funeral, the burial took part in Taebaek beside her parents and with Jong Kook’s parents. Jong Kook, Tae Hyun, Dong Hoon and Gary were the only one there. The three leave Jong Kook alone.

          “You’re too much Eun Hye-yah…Why did you not tell me?...” he said. Jong Kook already knows that Eun Hye asked a favor to the Doctor to keep her condition secret. “Every day I hope and believe that you’ll get better…You’re so bad…leaving us here without even saying goodbye…I hope you’re happy there you’re finally together with your parents…I can’t forget you my Eomma…you’ll always be in my heart…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          Sung Im and Ji Hoon were sitting facing each other. Sung Im texted him to meet because she needs to tell him something important. “What is it Sung Im-ah?...” Ji Hoon asked. Sung Im seriously looks at him and handed him the engagement ring. “I’m sorry Ji Hoon-ah…but I can’t marry you…”

          “So nows the day…” Ji Hoon said calmly. Sung Im confused looks at him. “I know this will happen…I’m not numb Sung Im-ah…I know there is something wrong…I tried to not think about it but this is it…You’re in front me telling me the words that I don’t want to hear…”

          “I’m sorry…I’m really sorry…Don’t be calm Ji Hoon-ah if you’re mad at me…just show it…” Sung Im apologizes.

          “I feel so sad that’s true but I’m not mad at you…I can’t get mad at you Sung Im-ah…but I think I need to know the reason behind it…”

          “What happened in the 2 months that I’m gone after the accident…I remember it…I fall in love into someone back then…I have met that person and without knowing who he is I still feel the same way…I’m sorry…I have loved you and I’m grateful that someone like you loves me…”

          Even Ji Hoon is hurting, he stays still and calm. He smiles at her. “I hope you’ll be happy then Sung Im-ah…I know I accept it cool but I think I will go to LA to forget you…We’ll be too awkward when we see each other…Thank you for being a part of my life…and I’m accepting your apology…” With just that they ended they’re relationship. They both hug each other and Ji Hoon left.

~~~~~~~~~~

          After three weeks, Jong Kook decided to rest and lives to Taebaek. Tae Hyun will send him updates with the company through email. He’s still adjusting himself because of Eun Hye. He was cutting the woods when a mail came. It was address to him. He opens it and flustered that it was from Eun Hye.

          “ Yah~! Kim Jong Kook! Why are you still here? Go on and continue your life…Is that how you handle things?...Just accept it…I’m not there anymore…Eomma finally leaves…I’m happy here…I’m sorry for not telling you the truth Jong Kook-ah…but I’m happy…happy that to my last days your with me…Thank you for not leaving me…You’re really a great man…I know you love me…and I do accept the fact that you can’t love me the way I want you to…but don’t let your happiness disappear Jong Kook-ah…Don’t lose her…You’ve waited for her and now’s the right time…Hold unto her and never let her go…I hope for your happiness…Follow what your heart says…Me and your family will always be here to guide you and we will always remain in your heart…I’m grateful that I’ve been a part of your life and grateful to love someone like you…Now go on and make things right Babo Jong Kook-ah!...Annyong…-Yoon Eun Hye”

          Tears fall from his eyes. He looks at the sky and smiles. “I will…Thank you Eomma…” he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Sung Im was walking beside the Han River when a man grabs her and put a handkerchief into her nose that makes her fall asleep. The mysterious man brings her into an abandoned place. After an hour, Sung Im wakes up; her hands and foot were tied and has a tape. “You’re awake Chun Sung Im-ssi…Hello I’m Ryu Seung Ryong…I know you don’t know me…I’m Jung Woong In cousin the man your boyfriend put into jail…I’m just paying the favor he does to my cousin…” he said. “I’ll avenge my cousin…Woong In told me that you’re his weakness…I already gave him an invitation to come here…I’ll kill him in front of your eyes…” he said and smirk.

          Ji Hoon calls the police right away. The letter said that they’re in Taebaek. He was nervous and scared for Sung Im. They immediately went to Taebaek but it will take almost 2 hours to go there from Seoul.

          Ji Min was frightened that her best friend is kidnap again. She went into Tae Hyun’s office to tell Jong Kook about it but he’s not there. Tae Hyun sees Ji Min who is already crying. “Why are you crying? What happen?...” Tae Hyun worriedly asked her. “Sung Im was kidnapped…Ji Hoon with police men already went to save her and I think I need to tell Jong Kook-ssi about it…”

          “Where is she?...”

          “The abandoned factor in Taebaek…”

          Tae Hyun immediately calls Jong Kook and tells him. Upon hearing it, Jong Kook immediately drives his car to the place. Luckily, he was at the same place.

          “Time is ticking…I think I need to kill you first then…” Ryu Seung Ryong said and holds his knife. “To make it fun…” he untied her and removes the tape in . “Go..Run for your life!!…” he shouted then Sung Im runs as fast as she can. She got out to the factory but Ryu Seung Ryong is still following her. She just runs and didn’t know where is she going and it was dead end. “Say goodbye to your life…” and he grabs his knife tightly and stab her, Sung Im just closes her eyes tightly and waits for the knife, when suddenly Jong Kook hugs her and was the one who got hit into his back by the knife. Ryu Seung Ryong runs away but police that Jong Kook calls arrest him.

          Sung Im opens her eyes slowly and was shocked that Jong Kook is in front of her. “Why are you…her-e?... she asked.

          “To save you…I’m…sor-ry…I’m…la-te…J-i Hyo-y-ah…”

          Then Jong Kook fell into her arms. Sung Im holds him and felt the knife into his back. She cried looking the blood into her hands. “Oppa…Jong Kook Oppa…No this can’t be…JONG KOOK OPPA!!..”