Chapter 28

Stolen Heart

           Flashback

          “I like to go home Jong Kook-ah…I can’t stay here…It makes me more sick…Can we just go home?...” Eun Hye said.

          “Okay if that’s what you want…I’ll talk to the Doctor…”

          “Thank you…”

          “If that’s will make you feel ease…We’ll be going home later…I have an important meeting I’ll be back soon…If you need anything just call the nurse…Okay?...”

          “Araseo…I’ll be fine…I’m not yet dying Jong Kook-ah…maybe sooner…”

          “Stop saying those things…You won’t die…I don’t want to hear that from you again…”

          “Araseo Mr. President…Just go to your meeting…”

          Jong Kook smiles to her and leaves.

          End of Flashback

          After the meeting, Jong Kook came back to the hospital and saw Ji Hyo slaps Eun Hye. Without knowing what really happens he just got angry and shouted her.

          “GET LOST…GET LOST NOW!...”

          Ji Hyo looks at him and a tear fall for her eyes and immediately leaves. Jong Kook wanted to follow her but he can’t, he shouldn’t. He erases his thoughts and looks at Eun Hye.

            “Are you okay?...” he asked. Eun Hye looks at him with questioning and anger eyes. “So you know about it and make a damn thing and leave her...” she said.

          Jong Kook finally understand what’s she’s saying. “It’s not a damn thing…It’s for you…”

          “For me?...Come on Jong Kook-ah don’t tell anyone that you love when you really don’t…You jerk!...”

          Jong Kook felt sorry. “Eun Hye-yah…” he calls her. “Let’s just go home…” Eun Hye said.

          They went home and Eun Hye goes straight to her room without talking to him. Tae Hyun notices it and asked Jong Kook. “Is there a problem?...” Jong Kook shakes his head and also went to his room. He wants to talk to her but he thinks it’s not the right thing to do.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook was sitting beside the pool and thinking when Dong Hoon arrives and sit beside him.

          “Hyung…What are you thinking?...” Dong Hoon asked.

          “Why do things don’t happen the way you want it?...”

          “What are you saying?...”

          “Why does she remembers me when I can’t even hold unto her?...Why do things were so complicated?...”

          “Ji Hyo remembers you? Really?...”

          “Ne~…but I can’t be with her…with Eun Hye’s condition I won’t leave her…”

          “Hyung but where here?...You can still take care of her even you and Ji Hyo became together again…You waited for it and this is it…”

          “Hopefully it’s just that easy Dong Hoon-ah…”

          “Why Hyung? I think it’s just the way...I know you want to be with Ji Hyo too…”

          “And I don’t think I can…I shouldn’t…Eun Hye has feelings for me Dong Hoon-ah…and I promise her I won’t leave her…also to Tae Hyun…You know I won’t break my promises especially to my family…”

          Dong Hoon was flustered. He didn’t thought Eun Hye loves his Hyung.

          “So tell me how can you exchange your own happiness when your family needed you?...I’m hurting but I will never do that…My family is important and Eun Hye is my family…I’ve decided already…and I’ll keep it…but Dong Hoon-ah can you do me a favor?...”

          “What is it Hyung?...”

          “Don’t mention anything about Ji Hyo…Think that we never met her…that we never knew her…tell to Gary too…I’ll count on you…”

          “I promise Hyung…” Dong Hoon said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Two weeks past, Eun Hye came back to the hospital again. It’s already Eun Hye’s third her chemotherapy. Jong Kook never leaves her and she’s happy just knowing that she’s not alone. Her hair fall out and she’s just wearing a bonnet. She’s getting weaker. She vomits after her chemo. Jong Kook doesn’t like what he’s seeing but he needs to be strong for her. Eun Hye lay on her bed.

          “Jong Kook-ah…”

          “Oh?...Is there something wrong?...Should I call the Doctor?...”

          Eun Hye shakes her head. “I’m okay…I want to jjajangmyeon…Can you buy it for me?...”

          “Okay…There’s a store nearby…Are you okay if I leave you alone?...I’ll just have it delivered…”

          “Aniyo~…Just walk and buy it…I’ll sleep for a while…”

          “Okay…”

          Jong Kook leaves to buy. She was resting when the Doctor came in. “How are you feeling?...”

          “Worse Doctor…Tell me honestly…I’m dying right?...” Eun Hye straight forwardly said.

          The Doctor nodded. “I’m sorry but Yes…it spread so quickly…even chemotherapy will not cure you…a bone marrow transplant will not be applicable also…I’m really very sorry…”

          “Don’t be sorry Doc..I know this will happen…How long I will live then?...” she said trying all her might not to cry.

          “A week or two is a bonus Yoon Eun Hye-ssi…Your whole organs were already affected…”

          “Is that so?...Doctor can I ask you a favor?...”

          “What is it?...”

          “Tell Jong Kook that I’m getting better…Please Doctor…I don’t want to burden him more…”

          Just when the door opens and Jong Kook came in. “Doc…why are you here?...Is there something wrong? How is she?...What’s the result?...” he asked.

          The Doctor looks at Eun Hye then looks at Jong Kook. “She’s getting better…the chemo helps her…”

          “Really?...” Jong Kook said happily. “You heard that Eun Hye-yah…you’re getting better…”

          Eun Hye smiles to him. “I’m sorry Jong Kook-ah…I’m really sorry…You gave too much…I took your own happiness…I’m grateful to you…You’re really a great man…I’m not wrong to love you…and even my second life I will wish to love you Kim Jong Kook…” she thought.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Eun Hye wishes to Jong Kook if they can go to his house in Taebaek. She wants to rest in a peaceful place. Jong Kook is excited because the Doctor said that she’s now okay and she shouldn’t do the chemotherapy and approves to go there.

          Jong Kook cooks for her. They ate together. They went to beautiful places. It was a dream comes true for Eun Hye, just to be with him. She thinks she’s ready to die. She’s happy and she hopes for his happiness too.

          At night, they were sitting in the grass with a bonfire. They were staring at the stars when a shooting star falls. “Oh make a wish…” Eun Hye said and she closes her eyes and wish. Jong Kook also does the same. “What did you wish for?...” Jong Kook asked her. Eun Hye smiles to him. “That Kim Jong Kook will always be happy…”

          “You’re silly…I’m always happy…and happier that you’re finally okay…”

          “Then that’s good…I’m thirsty Jong Kook-ah…Can you get me a water?...”

          “Okay…” Jong Kook stands and went to the house to get some water. He came back with the glass of water and seen Eun Hye lying on the ground. He got nervous and the glass of water falls. He runs right away to Eun Hye and tried to wake her but she’s not responding.

          “Eun Hye-yah…Yoon Eun Hye…Please Eun Hye-yah…EUN HYE-YAH!...”