Chapter 18

Stolen Heart

           Sung Im felt sad and confused at the same time. She didn’t know if he’ll believe what he said. “I feel there is something…Is he lying to me?..” she thought. She’s in her coffee shop with Ji Min.

          “Yah…Sung Im-ah…What are you thinking?...I know you felt strange but he already said that he doesn’t know you…So stop it…Tell me honestly…Do you like him?...If you say yes I’ll going to kick you….” Ji Min threats her.

          She didn’t answer her but gave her a look that what she said was right. She must like him and she doesn’t know why.

          “Aiiigooo…What’s happening to you? I know he’s handsome and a kind man…but how come you like him?...You never met him except you encounter him at the karaoke bar and the day I introduce him to you….”

          “I don’t know…I really don’t know…I must be crazy…”

          “Ne~ You’re really crazy…Ji Hoon and you were 5 years together since college…Know what…erase that to your mind…It’s nothing…Just marry Ji Hoon…How long should I wait till you marry each other?...”

          “She’s right…It’s nothing…I should not think about it and forget it…If Ji Hoon will know about it for sure he’ll get hurt…How can she hurt someone I’ve been for years?...I will just move forward and never mind it…but I hope I’ll never meet him again…It makes hard for me to see him again…Please…” Sung Im said in her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook was waiting with Tae Hyun in a restaurant for the new business partner. He checks his wristwatch.

          “It’s already 11:15PM but he’s still not here…If he’s not yet here by 11:25PM we should go…” Jong Kook said. Tae Hyun just nodded. At 11:20Pm, he arrived.

          “I’m sorry I’m late…Kim Jong Kook-ssi right?...” he said and handed his left hand. Jong Kook receives it and smiles a bit. “Joo Ji Hoon-ssi…right?...Nice meeting you…” he said. They all sat. “It’s such a coincidence…How come the man of Ji Hyo is here in front of him?...Fate is really playing tricks on me…” he thought.

          “I’m happy that you consider my proposition…and I hope we can do business for a long time…You won’t regret it…” Ji Hoon said. Joo Ji Hoon owns a mall. He wants to make it bigger by investing to a Hotel.

          “I know I won’t Joo Ji Hoon-ssi…I know your credentials…You’re good and hardworking...Thank you also for investing in my company…Let’s do a good job…” Jong Kook said.

~~~~~~~~~~

          A month passed you quickly, everything went so fine. His business was also doing well. Jong Kook was beside the pool while drinking a glass of wine when Gary sat beside him.

          “It’s already midnight Hyung why are you still awake?...” Gary asked.

          “I’m just thinking of something…”

          “Are you thinking of her?...”

          “No…I don’t…This past week even though I do business with her boyfriend I don’t think about her…”

          “Then what are you thinking about?...”

          “All of this…Everything went so fine but why do I still feel empty?...Dong Hoon and you were here with me…Tae Hyun and Eun Hye also but….I still feel empty….”

          “Hyung…just go find someone that will make you happy…I know you truly loved her…but you’re not meant to be…”

          “I know that…and I accept that…I just hope I’ll never meet her again…but as accepting her boyfriend as my business partner I’m digging up my own grave…”

          “Things will get better Hyung…Haven’t you consider Eun Hye-yah?...She’s always there for you and as I see I think she likes you…”

          “She’s not like that to me…I just see her as my sister…like Ye Jin to me…”

          “I’m not telling you this to push you Hyung…but you should try to love someone else…because if you don’t you’ll stuck with your feelings to her…I know you Hyung…You still can’t forget her…She’s still in your heart…Even your insisting that you don’t you still know what’s the real truth…”

~~~~~~~~~~

          Jong Kook was invited in the birthday celebration of Ji Hoon. At first he really doesn’t want to go but Eun Hye insisted he should. Telling him how come he won’t go the a business partner’s birthday. Now, they’re together entering the hall of a hotel. He was trying his best to be cold and be emotionless because for sure he’ll meet Ji Hyo. He should not waver. They went inside and people who know him greeted him. As Ji Hoon sees him immediately walks towards him and greeted him.

          “Thank you for coming Kim Jong Kook-ssi…”

          “Happy Birthday Joo Ji Hoon-ssi…Congratulations…” he said.

          “Enjoy yourself then…Thank you…” then he left and greeted people.

          They eat and talk to some business people too. Then the speaker started to talk.

          “Let’s sing him a happy birthday…” They all sang and Ji Hoon was in the stage while Sung Im brings his cake to blow. Ji Hoon was happy. He blew the candles and smiles. “Everyone thank you for coming…I’ll do something special so bare with me…” Ji Hoon said and looks at Sung Im. Then he half kneeled in front of her. People were making a fuss because of it.

          “Yah what are you doing?...” Sung Im asked him.

          He got a small box in his coat and opened it. “I love you ever since the first time I saw you sleeping in the bench in the campus…You were such a beautiful person inside and out…The day you disappear a year ago makes me realize that I want to spend my whole life with you…”

          Jong Kook who was just looking at scene makes his heart shrink. It aches too much. He wants to leave. He was about to stand but Eun Hye holds his hand and shake her head. She looks at him like saying ‘You should not go…you should face it…’. He sat down again and tried not to look at them.

          “It’s the right time now Sung Im-ah…Will you marry me?...” 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Finally I updated new chapter..Mianhe~ >.< I've been busy I'm out of town that's why...Well enjoy...and I'll upload the next chapter sooner...maybe later... ^~^