Chapter Twenty Nine

Pinky Promise

"Things will get better. Once a day passes, it'll be what happened yesterday," I took a pause and from the corner of my eye, I saw Jonghyun slowly look up at me. I continued on, "And when two days pass, It'll be what happened two days ago....... When a year passes, no one will be able to remember what happened," I told Jonghyun with my back to him.

I saw him open his mouth and then close it again; having no words to say. I stepped into the elevator, closed the door and sighed.

When I got into the car, I decided that I wanted to go to Kikwang's dorm. Even if I just saw him yesterday, I wanted to see my boyfriend again... I rode up the elevator and as I was turning the corner to go into their dorm, I heard a girl laughing heartily with one of the B2ST members beside her.

I quietly stayed behind the wall and peeked around the corner, snickering. I would have to tease one of the members about this later, I thought. I sneakily watched as one of the B2ST members and the girl hugged affectionately. As soon as I narrowed my eyes to see who it was, my hand flew to my mouth, silencing a surprised outburst.

Kikwang?

They released from their embrace and Kikwang kissed her on the forehead. They held hands and started to walk my way.

There was nowhere to go. I just walked back to the elevator and then turned around, walking towards the dorm again as if I just to the apartment.

He jumped when he saw me.

"Oh! Kwang!" I acted surprised. I saw him holding hands with the girl. I watched Kikwang's expression on his face turn from happy to panicked. He quickly let go of the girl's hand and put his hands in his pocket.

"Hana! Why are you here?" he asked. He gently pushed on the girl, probably giving her a hint to go.

"I just wanted to see you.... Hello," I turned to the girl and bowed. She smiled and bowed back.

"She's my close friend," Kikwang explained.

"Ah," I nodded. I felt suspicious but I didn't think much of it. I mean, Kikwang wouldn't do this to me. I went into the dorm first while Kikwang said goodbye to his friend outside. After the usual greetings with the members, I walked into Kikwang's room and sat down on his bed and glanced at the pictures on his bed stand. I smiled as I picked up one of the pictures we took at Namsan Tower. The same picture was on my bed stand too.

~Jonghyun's POV~
I just blankly watched the elevator's numbers go down as Hana was reaching the ground level. How did she even know to find me here? I just sat in front of Hyeyoung's apartment and tossed around the ripped, dirty petals on the floor when something fell out of my sweatshirt.

It was the note that I took from Hana's bag when I took her home from the resturaunt:

Dear Jonghyun,

I love you. I love you as a boy.. Not a best friend.

Hana.

Even though I stared at this one piece of paper for hours after I yelled at her, I still chuckled and felt my eyes moisten when I read the short letter. For some reason, when I read this, some weight got lifted off of my shoulders and I felt happy.

That happiness didn't really last long at all because Hyeyoung came out of her apartment with her boyfriend.

"Oh!" She shrieked when she still saw me sitting there. I grunted and stood up, unconsciously crushing Hana's letter in my hand. I gave Hyeyoung and her boyfriend one hard stare and took the elevator before they could get on.

As I was walking to my car, I saw people staring and pointing at me from their windows and from the sidewalks, trying to take pictures and whispering news about me. I groaned and started to wish that there was more tint on my window when I remembered what Hana said...

That everything'll be okay. I glanced at the people out on the streets looking at me with disgusted expressions, I remembered the fight with Hana, I remembered the betrayal of Hyeyoung....

Will anything ever be okay?

 

----------------

hi guyyyys (:
have you noticed that my chapters are really short now? -.- i'm sorry.
but i need a clean break between sections so i just end up making chapters really short. 
SOOOO, tell me. do you all hate me for doing this? haha sorryyy T.T