Change of Heart

I need you be mine

Chapter 9 - Change of heart

 

"That's good. You can now sing more lines" Sung Gyu said while looking at Hye Mi. Hye Mi didn't answer and looked down. He's the first person that I've sing with since that time.. she thought. "Yah, you okay?" "E..Eh? Oh yes.." "You seem out of it." "What is out of it?" "See?" he said while pointing at Hye Mi "Mianhae.." Sung Gyu looked away and giggled. He's enjoying it. "I.. I know my voice's not that good so please stop laughing.." Hye Mi said in embarassment "I told you that you're voice is amazing okay? You should be proud that I complimented you. I don't do that often." Hye Mi blushed at Sung Gyu's statement. "Ah, I'm hungry. Want to go with me?" "Yes! Uh.. I mean.. Okay.." "Arasso, Kaja" they both stood up and headed out from the hotel.

-------

"Omo!"  Sooyoung who is humming, stopped walking when she saw Sung Gyu and Hye Mi together "Waeyo?" Ki Bum asked "Look" Sooyoung pointed out to Sung Gyu and Hye Mi "Yah, Sooyoung pinch me. I think I'm dreaming." Ki Bum said with his jaw dropped "Okay." Sooyoung pinched his cheeks hard "Ah! Yah!" "What? you said it yourself~" Sooyoung sticked her tongue out "Aish!" Ki Bum glared at her and Sooyoung rolled her eyes back. "I think I'm going to have to thank you big time Hye Mi-ah~" Ki Bum said to himself.

-------

"Here." Sung Gyu said while putting down the orders on the table "Gumawo, oh jakkaman.." Hye Mi stood up from her seat and went to ask the waiter for some water "Yah, I thought you wanted Iced tea?" "I do" she replied "Then why did you ask for some water?" he asked while pointing at the glass of water "Oh, I'll put it here," Hye Mi said then placed the water in the Iced tea "Yah! There's no more iced tea in that! It's almost colorless!" "Hmm? Aniyo, it still taste like Iced tea see?" Hye Mi said while pointing at her drink "You're weird." he rolled his eyes at her and started eating his burger.

-------

Baekhyun's POV

I knocked at the room where Hye Mi's staying and the door opened. "Oh? Baekhyun!" Sooyoung greeted me with a warm smile "Umm.. Is Hye Mi there?" I asked "Oh, Hye Mi? Ani, she's with Gyujiji oppa" "Gyu what?" "Oh! haha! Mian! She's with Sung Gyu oppa" she's with Sung Gyu? "Oh.. Thanks then. I guess I'll see you later.." "Mhm! Annyeong!" I turned against the door and headed to the elevator. Why do I feel disappointed? I sighed heavily and continued walking. I realized that I'm already outside the hotel "Oh, what's wrong Byun Baekhyun?" I heard a voice talked so I turned around and saw Chorong. "Chorong." "Oppa, you seem out of it" she smiled while walking towards me "Oh, guess so" I said while rubbing the back of my head and faked a smile. "Care to have some coffee?" she offered "okay." I replied then we both headed to the nearest coffee shop.

-------

Sung Gyu's POV

I stared at Hye Mi and watch her silly way of eating a burger. "First your iced tea and now your burger." I muttered "Hmm?" she hummed while eating the burger. She separated the patty from the other ingredients and ate the buns separately. "Really? What's the point of ordering a burger when you're eating it like that?" "But I like it eating it this way.." she muttered "Yu're one of a kind Jung Hye Mi." I giggled then drank my coffee and looked outside.

Hye Mi's POV

I ate my burger quickly. I can feel my heart beating fast right now. What's wrong with me? I can't understand why it's beating fast whenever Sung Gyu-ssi is here. I really need to talk to Jinyoung oppa. "Finished." I muttered as I finish eating my burger. "Mian, I kept you waiting Sung Gyu-ssi.." I said as we both stood up from our seat. "It's nothing okay?" he smiled at me. It's beating fast again.. Am I sick or something? We both left the cafe and saw Chorong together with Baekhyun. "Unnie?" she called "H..Hye Mi.." Baekhyun muttered. He seem down, did something happen? "Baekhyun-ah, Chorong" Sung Gyu muttered "Omo~ Are you both on a date?" "Ani!" I replied quickly "Wow, what a reply." Sung Gyu-ssi let out a giggle "Yeah we're not. I'm just hungry and we're together when that happened so I just asked her." he explained "Well then I'll be going." he said then left. He left me.. Wait, why am I disappointed? "Hye Mi," Baekhyun called "Hm?" I turned around and looked at him "I..Is it true? That you just went with him because you're hungry too?" "Yes" I replied "Oh okay" a smile formed on his face. That's good, he seem down earlier.

-------

"Unnie, are you finished with the song?" Chorong asked Hye Mi "Uh, not yet.." "But it will be passed on the other day right?" Chorong sai while sipping her drink. Hye Mi nodded and looked down. "We have reasons Chorong." Baekhyun said. "Kaja, Hye Mi." Baekhyun grabbed her hand dragging her out of the cafe leaving Chorong behind. You won't have her oppa I know it. Chorong thought while looking at them leave.

"Mian.." Hye Mi muttered "For what?" Baekhyun asked "Because of me, We can't finish the song.." "It's okay, We can make it". "I'm really sorry.." "Stop saying you're sorry. I hate it." "Mia-" "See? you're doing it again" Baekhyun held out a laugh "By the way, Why are you together with Sung Gyu earlier?" he asked "He helped me sing. Thanks to him I can sing more lines now without stopping" Hye Mi smiled while narrating what happened. "He.. He helped you?" "Ye- You're frowning again.." Hye Mi said after noticing Baekhyun frown. "Uh, again?" "Yes, I noticed that you seem down lately.. Uh but if you don't want to talk about it it's okay" "Well, umm.. There's this girl.." Baekhyun started shyly "And.. Uh.. I.. I kind of like her" "You like a girl?" "Yeah.. And when I'm with her I'm happy and my heart starts to beat lke crazy" he held out a giggle "E..Eh?" That's what I'm feeling when I'm with him.. she thought "Hye Mi?" "B..Baekhyu-ah, If you feel that when you're someone you like that person?" she asked "Uh.. Guess so?" Eeotokhae.. I think I like him.. Hye Mi thought. She shook her head and get back to Baekhyun "S..So, what's she like?" she asked "Huh?" "The girl you like, what is she like?" "Well, she's pretty cute. I feel really comfortable when I'm with her. She's..," he paused and stared at Hye Mi "My everything." 

-------

"Aigoo.. My hearts beating so fast again.." Sooyoung said "Your hearts beating fast?" Hye Mi asked. She wanted to know why her heart is beating fast when she's with Sung Gyu. She thinks that she likes Sung Gyu. "Yeah! I'm going to practice my dance moves with Key, Hoya and Dong Woo! I don't want to mess up again.. I'm so nervous!!" "So.. You're hearts beating fast because your nervous?" She asked to clear things up "Yup!" Oh! So I don't like Sung Gyu-ssi as a guy! I'm just nervous because I might mess up! She thought. "Thanks Sooyoung!" Hye Mi exclaimed then left. "Huh? For what?" Sooyoung asked while watching Hye Mi leave.

-------

After Baekhyun showed Hye Mi how they will sing the song that he composed, they decided to start recording. "Let's start?" Baekhyun asked offering Hye Mi a sit on the recording studio. "T.. Think so.." Hye Mi said nervously then exhaled. "Don't worry you'll be fine" he said giving the girl an assuring smile. "Gumawo Baekhyun-ah.. I'll try my best" she closed her eyes and Baekhyun started singing..

 

(A.N The words that are colored gray are Baekhyun's part, the ones in green are Hye Mi's and the ones in pink are both :) )

Jogeuman nalgaetjit neol hyanghan ikkeullim
Naege ttaraora sonjitan geot gataseo..                                                                                                                 
Aejeorhan nunbitgwa mueoniu iyagi                                                                                            
Gaseume hoeriga mora chideon geunal bbam                                                                                 
Omyohan geudaeui moseube neog seul nohgo                                                                                    
 
Hana ppunin yeonghoneul ppeat gigo

Baekhyun looked at Hye Mi as she closed her eyes shut hoping for a better outcome.

Walcheu cheorom sappunhi anja nuneul ttel su eobseo                                                                                     
 Siseoni jayeon seure georeum mada neol ttaraga janha..

A smile formed at Baekhyun's face and he continued to sing

Nal annaehaejwo~                                                                                                                              
Yeah, geudaega salgo itneun gose nado hamkke deryeogajwo                                                                
Oh, sesangui kkeutirado dwittaragal teni                                                                                            
Budi nae siyaeseo beosonaji marajwo                                                                                                  
Achimi wado sarajiji marajwo oh                                                                                                      
Kkumeul kkuneun georeum geudaen namanui areumdaun nabi..

As the instrumental part play, Hye Mi smiled at herself. She was so happy that she can sing again. And it's all thanks to Sung Gyu.

oh, woo-hoo-hoo oh
yeah- woo-hoo-hoo yeah, woo-hoo-hoo

 
Eodiseo watneunji
Eodiro ganeunji chin jeorhi yeogi kkaji majungeul wajun neo

Gapareun oreumag kkakkajin jeolbyeogdo
Geogjeongma mueotdo duryeol geosi eobseuni

 
(Neoneun ppomnae uahan jatae)
Oh nan myeot beonigo banhago
Sarangeun ireohge, nado moreuge

Yegodo eobsi bulsie chajawa
Walcheu cheoreom sappunhi anja nunneul ttel su eobseo
Siseoni jayeon seure georeum mada neol ttaraga janha oh no..
 
Nal annaehaejwo~
Yeah geudaega salgo itneun gose nado hamkke deryeogajwo
Oh sesangui kkeutirado dwittaragal teni
Budi nae siyaeseo beoseonaji marajwo
Achimi wado sarajiji marajwo oh

Kkumeul kkuneun georeum geudaen namanui areumdaun nabi..
 
"She's good.." Teacher Han said in awe "I know~" Teacher Wang said. "I.. I didn't expect her to sing like that! Her voice is amazing!" Teacher Han said. Teacher Wang smiled and they both continued on watching.
 
Natseon goseul hemaenda haedo
Gireul irheo beorin daedo
Nugu boda soljighan naui mameul ttareul geoya..
Joyonghi nune ttuineun momjit
Ganghago budeureoun nunbit

Geobuhal su eobtneun nanikka yeah~
 
Nal annaehaejwo~
Yeah geudaega salgo itneun gose nado hamkke deryeogajwo
Oh sesangui kkeutirado ttara galge oh no
Nae siyaeseo beoseonaji marajwo
Achimi wado sarajiji marajwo oh

Jogeumhan sonjit
Naui gaseumen heoriga chinda..

 
As the song reach its end, Hye Mi opened her eyes slowly. "I..It's over.. I.. I did it" she said. She can't believe it herself. "Yes, you did it Hye Mi." Baekhyun pat her head ang gave her a warm smile. Hye Mi smiled back making Baekhyun's heart pound fast. You really know how to make my heart beat fast Jung Hye Mi. He thought. "Very good!" Teacher Han said after entering the recording room. "Oh.. Seongsaengnim.." Hye Mi said then they both greeted the teachers "You two did well! Especially you Hye Mi-ssi! I know you're cute but you didn't tell me that you sing very well!!" the teacher complimented. It's because of you why we didn't finish it well! It's all your fault! Hye Mi gasped reminiscing her painful past. "I.. Seongsaengnim.." she said with a teary eye "Yes?" "C..Can you please keep it.. That song that I sang with Baekhyun?.." she said stuttering Is she shaking? Baekhyun noticed. "Huh?" "I.. I don't want other people to hear it.. Mianhae Baekhyun-ah.." she said then left the room. "Hye Mi!" Baekhyun called "Let her be." Teacher Wang stopped him "But-" "Let her Bakhyun." Baekhyu listened to teacher Wang and just stayed in the room. She's still blaming herself for what happened huh? Teacher Wang thought.
 
-------
"It's not my fault.." Hye Mi said while crying "Hmm? Is that Hye Mi?" Sung Gyu said as he examine the girl from a far. "It is her." he said and approached Hye Mi who's crying on her knees. "Hye Mi?" he called. Hye Mi gasped and looked at him "S..Sung Gyu-ssi.." she muttered "Are you crying?" he asked. Hye Mi didn't answer and remained silent. "Great. Now I'm talking to no one." "Ah, Mian.. I just..." "You're what?" "Umm.. I-" Hye Mi stopped when she noticed that Sung Gyu's staring at her Am I getting nervous again? But I'm not practicing this time- Oh yeah! "Sung Gyu-ssi!" she exclaimed. Sung Gyu jumped a little at the girl's sudden action "What?! Yah! Don't you scare me like that! Just a moment a go you're crying and know you're acting like nothing happened?" "Oh.. Sorry..," she said scratching the back of her head "So what?" "Eh?" "I thought you wanted to tell me something?!" Sung Gyu said. He's really short tempered.  "Oh yeah.. Umm.. Gumawo" Hye Mi said "Huh? For what?" he asked giving Hye Mi a confused face "You.. you gave me enough courage to sing again. Gumawo" Hye Mi smiled and wiped her tears away "Wha- Shut up." Sung Gyu stuttered and hid his flushing face. What the hell is wrong with me?! Sung Gyu scold himself "D..Did I say something wrong?" Hye Mi asked "Nothing. Just shut up." he said still looking away from Hye Mi.
-------
"Hye Mi!" Jinyoung called. Hye Mi asked him if she could meet him and talk to him. "Oppa!" Hye Mi approached him cheerfully ad hugged her brother. "Wah~ I missed my dongsaeng very much" Jinyoung said letting go of the hug "Nado oppa" Hye Mi said while smiling.
"Here you go" Baro said giving them a cup of coffee and iced tea "Thanks Baro" "Mhm! Gumawo Baro-oppa!" Hye Mi added "Wait! You're missing something~ Here's a glass of water. I know you need it Mimi-ah" "Yah! Don't call her that!" Jinyoung glared at his dongsaeng. Hye Mi chuckled and placed the water on her iced tea "Well, this is MY cafe so I can do whatever I want hyung~" "Aish this guy!" "Enjoy~" Baro left them while laughing. Jinyoung rolled his eyes at Baro and turned back to his sister. "So, what do you wated to ask me Mimi- I mean Hye Mi?" Hye Mi let out a chuckle and looked at Jinyoung "Oppa, I wanted to ask you why I'm feeling like this.." "Like what?" "Well you see," Hye Mi said while playing with the ice cubes inside the glass "When I'm with Sung Gyu-ssi, My heart goes dugeun dugeun.." Jinyoung choked after hearing her last statement "BWOH?! ANDWAE!" Jinyoung exclaimed "O..Oppa? I.. I'm just asking what is the meaning of that.." No! My innocent little sister you can't feel like that towards another guy! And with Kim Sung Gyu to be exact?! ANDWAE!! Jinyoung thought. "O..Oppa?" Hye Mi muttered "Listen to me Hye Mi," he held her sister's hand tightly and looked her in the eye "What you're feeling is urge of friendship. You umm.. You just wanted to be friends with him! That's right! Just friends Hye Mi, nothing special!" Jinyoung exclaimed "Really? Gumawo oppa, Now I know" Hye Mi smiled. "Yeah! ahaha! Don't mention it!" Jinyoung faked a laugh and drank his coffee.
-------
"What?! Hyung, you fooled your sister!" Baro exclaimed while cleaning the counter "But I don't want her to have a boyfriend!" "You want her to stay like that forever?! Hyung have mercy! She helped you with Jieun so- Ouch!" Jinyoung smacked Baro's head "Don't ever mention her name again." "Wae? It's your fault hyung. You left her. She still love you!" "Stop!" Jinyoung exclaimed "I.. I don't want to hear it again. I hurt her. So stop." Jinyoung let out a heavy sigh and looked outside.
-------
"Oh? You're back? You didn't get back with us Hye Mi?" Ki Bum said who's setting the table for dinner. "Oh, I meet up with oppa" Hye Mi said while taking her shoes off. "I'll go change first" she said while heading upstairs. "Okay!" Ki Bum replied from the kitchen. "Oh. You're back." Sung Gyu said after notcing Hye Mi on the stairs. "Mhm" she replied "Oh, Sung Gyu-ssi" Hye MI turned back "Here" she said giving Sung Gyu a hamster keychain "What's this?" he asked showing Hye Mi the keychain "Oh, I saw that on my way home.. I remembered you when I saw that so I bought it.." she said "Do I look like this freaking hamster?!" Sung Gyu exclaimed "Uh.. s..sorry.. I'll get it if you don't want t-" "No need." he said then turned around from Hye Mi. Hye Mi gave him a confused look and headed to her room before.. "Jung Hye Mi!" she flinched with the voice that called her Oh no.. I'm doomed.. He's mad at me.. I should've bought that keychain for him.. she thought. She slowly turned around and looked at Sung Gyu "Y..Yes?" "T.. thanks." he stuttered then closed the door on his room. After Hye Mi entered her room, she collapsed on her bed and grabbed the teddy bear that Jinyoung gave on her 10th birthday "Mimi-ah, I'm so happy right now and I don't know why" she said then pinched the teddy's nose and smiled widely. While Sung Gyu on the otherhand, who is sitting on his chair "Hamster huh?" he said while smiling and holding the keychain that Hye Mi gave her up high.

Hi guys! Here's another update :) Feeling depressed this past few days.. Please help me pray that my friend and I can go to the One Great Step concert here in the Philippines! T_T It will mean a lot for me! And please leave your comments :) It makes me happy to see you comments :) Continue to subscribe guys! and by the way, I wanted to give my thanks to my new subscribers, Xtra4U, choding_yeol27, babypie271, giyongchee, superaegyo, ItIsMe,Wonderfulheart, Smile-U, pykaSY1310 my other subscribers and  of course my saengie (LoveUL) :)  I know it's a little late to thank you but let me have my moment here.. You guys make me a little better :) Thanks! Keep safe everyone!