Unexpected Person

I need you be mine

Chapter 3 - Unexpected Person

“Hye Mi, You okay now?” Sooyoung asked
“..Yes, Gumawo Sooyoung” Hye Mi replied
“What happened to you back there?”
“..I.. I have phobias on standing in stages and also.. umm.. in singing..”
“BWOH?! Then how do you think will you survive here? Hye Mi this is an art school for goodness sake! You’ll die in no time!” Sooyoung exclaimed
“I don’t know that this is an art school Sooyoung..”
“BWOH?!”
“Omma just transferred me here.”
“Didn’t she tell you?”
“Ani..” Sooyoung closed her eyes then fell on the bed where Hye Mi was lying and rubbed her temples.
“So, let me process this. Your mother transferred you in an art school without telling you and knowing that you have that kind of phobia?” Hye Mi nodded while looking at her
“Oh for goodness sake! Then how will you continue your studies here without taking part of that audition?!”
“..Molla Sooyoung..” Hye Mi frowned then answered.

------------

“Hye Mi-ah! Sooyoung!!” Come here palli!” Ki Bum shouted from the corridors.
“What’s happening?” Sooyoung asked.
“The results are out in the bulletin board!” Ki Bum replied.
“Jinja?!”
“Yeah! And you two should check it out! Escpecially you Hye Mi!”
“M..me?” Hye Mi asked while pointing at herself.
“Yeah you! Now let’s go!” Ki Bum exclaimed then they all ran to where the bulletin board is and saw the others waiting for them.
“Yes! I’m in the dancing department!” Sooyoung exclaimed cheerfully.
“Yeah! We’re going to be classmates again!” Ki Bum said.
“Us too~” Dong Woo, Hoya and Sung Jong added
“Sungyeol and I are in the acting department.” L added
“And hyung and I are on the singing department again!! Hyung we’re going to be together again~” Woohyun said then grinned.
“Aish! Whatever.” Sung Gyu took his hand off his arms and rolled his eyes at him.
“How about you Hye Mi?” Sungyeol asked.
“Huh?”
“Sung Gyu hyung, Woohyun, L and me are in the singing department, Sooyoung, Key, Dong Woo hyung and Hoya are in the dancing department. How about you?” Sungyeol asked.
“Umm.. I didn’t auditioned so-“
“Try to scan Hye Mi!! You should! Trust me!!”. Hye Mi turned around and scanned for her name on the bulletin board.
She flinched when she found her name on a specific department.

“Hye Mi, you’re in the singing department?!” Sooyoung exclaimed after reading the post on the bulletin board.
They both stared in each other and can’t believe what they saw.
“Why are you still here students?” They all heard a voice behind their backs and they all turned to see who it was.
“Han seongsaengnim..” they all muttered in unison.
“Wae? Is there a problem?”
“Teach! Can I, we ask something?” Ki Bum raised his right hand then asked.
“Sure Key what is it?”
“Hye Mi didn’t audition but why is she at the singing department?” Teacher Han just smiled and looked at Hye Mi.
“Umm.. Seongsaengnim.. can I ask why?”
“Because I see some potential in you the way I first saw Sung Gyu”
“E..eh?”
“Me?” Hye Mi and Sung Gyu muttered in unison.
“Students, go to your respective departments the orientation will start at any moment. I’ll see you three then.” Teacher Han said then left.

“What does he mean by that?” Woohyun asked.
Hye Mi stayed silent and can’t understand what Teacher Han meant.
“Let’s go.” Sung Gyu said then they both followed him.

------------

“Woah, I almost slept! Why do we have to have an orientation every time the school year starts? I still don’t get it!” Woohyun complained.
“Woohyun!! Over here!!” Ki Bum shouted.
“Oh? Guys!!” Woohyun exclaimed then they all approached the others.
“So how is it?” Sungyeol asked them all
“BORING” they all replied in unison and laughed except for Hye Mi.
“Hye Mi? What’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked
“Huh? A..ani.. You go on ahead. I’ll go somewhere before going home. Bye.” Hye Mi answered then left.
“Hye Mi-ah!” Sooyoung called her but she didn’t turn back.

------------

“Why me? Why do I have to be placed there?” Hye Mi said to herself while walking. S
he’s still thinking about why she’s placed under the singing department. No one knows about her past except for her beloved brother, Jinyoung.
“Yah” She searched for the voice that called her and stopped.
“Why are you talking to yourself?”
“S..Sung Gyu-ssi..” she muttered and stared at Sung Gyu as he walks towards her.
“Umm.. Why are you here?” she asked then she noticed Sung Gyu point to somewhere.
“I always go there before going home.” He replied as he point at the piano store.
“..piano.. You know how to play?”
“Do I look like I don’t?”
“A..Ani! That’s not-“
“Just watch and learn.”
“E..eh?” Sung Gyu headed towards the piano shop and stopped. 
He turned back and looked at Hye Mi
“What? Not coming?”
“Ani! I’m coming..” she replied then catches up with him.

“Oh? Sung Gyu?” the owner said after noticing them come inside the shop.
“And who’s this? Yeoja chinggu?” the old man asked.
“No she’s not ahjussi. I’m not interested in that kind of things. I brought her here to learn from me.”
“Oh I see.Why don’t you start the lesson then?”
“Sit there.” Sung Gyu said to Hye Mi while pointing at the couch near the piano.
He sat the piano chair and started playing.

(My heart is like a star)

san no-eur-e dudungsil
hollo ganeun jeo gureum-a  

neoneun allira nae ma-eum-eul
bupyeongcho gat-eun ma-eum-eul
hansong-i gureum kkoch-eul piugi wihae tteodoneun yurangbyeolcheoreom


nae ma-eum byeolgwa gat-i jeo haneul byeor-i doeeo
yeong-wonhi yeong-wonhi bichnari*
gangbaram-e dudungsil gir-eul irh-eun jeo gureum-a
neoneun allira nae gal gir-eul  
nageune tteona gal gir-eul
chanranhan jeolm-eun kkum-eul piugi wihae tteodoneun mom-irajiman

After finishing his song the old man stood up to approach Sung Gyu.
“Good as ever Sung Gyu!” he said while patting Sung Gyu’s shoulder.
“He’s good right?” The old man asked after facing Hye Mi
“Dae!” Hye Mi exclaimed.
Sung Gyu’s surpised because this is the first time that he heard Hye Mi cheer up for something. He’s used to her being quiet and all.
“See Sung Gyu? Even this ahgassi thinks your good!” he cleared his throat and looked away.

------------

"Huh?" Hye Mi muttered after noticing something.
"What is it?" Sung Gyu asked.
"That.." she replied while pointing at the playground
"What's wrong? I don't see something wrong" he asked
"Nothing.." she replied
"Don't tell me that you want to play there" Sung Gyu said and Hye Mi nodded shyly.
He giggled after seeing her reply.
"Arasso, go ahead"
"..Eh?"
"I'll wait for you now go"
"But.."
"What you're embarassed?"
"..A little.." she replied
"Then it'll be our little secret" Hye Mi smiled
"Thank you Sung Gyu-ssi" she muttered then ran to the playground and played at the swing.
She played like she's still a 5 year old kid. Sung Gyu felt relaxed just by watching her then walked to the other swing and played with it too. Hye Mi stared at her in confusion.
"What?"
"..You play too?"
"What I can't?"
"That's not what I mean.." Sung Gyu ignored her and just played withthe swing.

------------

Sung Gyu POV

"Oh? Hyung! Hye Mi! Welcome back!" Sooyoung and Ki Bum said in unison while watching television.
"What are you doing here? Don't you know that it's already dinner time?" I asked Sooyoung.
"Oppa you're really mean you know? I'm here to eat my dinner with my Hye Mi~" she said while clinging to Hye Mi's arms.
"Oh! That's right! You two go upstairs and change okay? Key and I will prepare the table!"
"Me?!" Ki Bum said while pointing at himself.
"Yeah you who else?!" Sooyoung exclaimed and I just rolled my eyes at them and went upstairs.
I heard Hye Mi's footsteps as she followed me upstairs.
"Ughh.." I sighed after entring my room and plopped myself to my bed.
"What's wrong with me?" I muttered while looking at the ceiling.
It's been a long time since I last talked to someone like that! With Hye Mi I mean. And why the hell did I play on that playground?! I don't do that normally!
"Aish!" I ruffled my hair in frustration and grabbed my towel to wash my face in the bathroom.

"Ah! Mianhae Sung Gyu-ssi.." I jumped a little because I was surprised by what Hye Mi did.
Oh, I forgot to lock the door again huh? I ignored her then left the bathroom.

"Hyung palli!! You have to try this! It's my first time cooking this~"
Oh boy.. I think I remember this scene from long long time ago. I saw Hye Mi grab her chopsticks and noticed that she'll get some from the food that Ki Bum made for 'THE FIRST TIME'
"Yah, what are you doing?" I asked her after preventing her from getting some.
"Eating.." she replied
"What's wrong oppa?" Sooyoung asked then got her share from the food and started eating it.
Nice knowing you Choi Sooyoung.
"So how is it?" Ki Bum asked her.
She immdiately grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen and almost drank gallons of it.
"Are you planning on killing us Kim Ki Bum?! That food is too salty!!!" Sooyoung shouted
"Really?" Ki Bum asked then tried the food that he made.
Hye Mi and I stared at him as he do the same as Sooyoung did. I sighed then stood from my seat "Guess we'll be eating ramen again huh?" I muttered then saw Sooyoung and Ki Bum nod.
"..I.. umm.. I'll try cooking our food" we all turned our eyes to Hye Mi.
"YOU COOK?!" we all said in unison with our eyes widely opened
"Umm.. yes wae?"
"N..Nothing.." Ki Bum replied and we all loooked at her as she walks to the kitchen and grabbed the ingredients that she'll be needing.

------------

"Here" she muttered as she place the food on the table.
We all stared the food. It looks.. Well it looks a lot much better than Ki Bum's.. To be honest.. I took my chopsticks and started to get some. I can feel that they're all staring at me as I took some and ate it.
"It's delicious" I muttered while looking at Hye Mi
"..thanks" "Really?!" Sooyoung and Ki Bum said in unison and immediately grabbed their chopsticks to get some.
"It's delicious!!!" They all exclaimed
"..thanks" Hye Mi repeated
"Hye Mi-ah, is it alright for you to be in charge of the cooking from now on?" Ki Bum asked
"I'd be glad to" Hye Mi answered.
I admit.. I was quite relieved from what Ki Bum said. Imagine 4 years of living without mom's cooking.. 

------------

"..Sung Gyu-ssi, good morning" Hye Mi muttered after noticing Sung Gyu walk through the kitchen to grab some water
"..You're already awake?" He stopped to yawn.
"..umm yeah.."
"So you're an early bird huh?" Sung Gyu said while drinking a glass of water.  
"I already prepared the breakfast" Hye Mi replied.
"I see. Thanks." Sung Gyu replied then sat on his place at the dining table.
"Come on sit.. Let's start eating" Sung Gyu muttered.
"How about Ki Bum-ssi?" Hye Mi asked.
"It's saturday. He'll wake up at about lunch time I guess"
"..e..eh? Lunch time?"
"Yes lunch time. If you don't want to eat then I'll go ahead and eat by myself." Sung Gyu muttered then started eating.
"Ah! I.. I'll go ahead and eat with you.. " she exclaimed then sat at the chair  in front of him. 

------------

"Hyuuuuuunng!!" A voice exclaimed from the front door.
"Uggh, it's him" Sung Gyu stood up from his sit then turned off the television.
"Hmm?" Hye Mi stood up to see who it was and saw Woohyun.
"Nam Woohyun-ssi"
"Oh?! You! Why are you here?!" Woohyun exclaimed while looking at Hye Mi.

 


Hi everyone! Here's the next chapter!! Hope you like it! Please continue to read and subscribe!! Don't forget to leave your comments!! Thanks! Keep safe everyone!!