Her pain

I need you be mine

Chapter 11 - Her pain

"Hyung?" Ki Bum knocked at Sung Gyu's door but no one answered.
"Guess he's out then.." he muttered to himself.
"Hye Mi?" Ki Bum knocked at Hye Mi's door.
"Huh? That's odd? She's not here too.." he said after opening Hye Mi's door and saw nothing.
"Where is everybody?"

*Ding Dong~

"Oh? Who might that be?" Ki Bum muttered then headed downstairs to open the door.
"Oh! Jinyoung hyung!"
"Hi Ki Bum, is Hye Mi in?" Jinyoung asked.
"Oh.. She's not.. And Gyu hyung's not here too.. Wonder where they went.."
"You don't know where they are?"
"I'm afraid not hyung.. Why don't you come in first and have breakfast with me" Ki Bum said welcoming Jinyoung in. 

"So going back.. You don't know where my sister is?" Jinyoung said after drinking his coffee.
"Ani.."
"Where might she be?" Jinyoung muttered to himself.
"By the way hyung, why are you here?" Ki Bum asked.
"Oh, I'm here to fetch Hye Mi. I'm going to persuade her to go with me."
"Hmm? Where?" Ki Bum asked while eating his French Toast that Jinyoung helped him to make, because it's really obvious that he really can't cook by himself.
"To the cemetery.." Jinyoung replied with a sad face.
"Huh? Wae?!"
"It's our grandmother's death anniversary today.. Halmeonni's very precious to Hye Mi.."
"And why do you need to persuade her hyung?" Ki Bum asked.
"I'm only going to tell this to you. Don't tell anyone. Especially Hye Mi okay?" Ki Bum nodded and leaned in closer.
"Okay. Since the day of halmeonnie's funeral, Hye Mi didn't came with us on the cemetery. She just locked herself in her room and cried all day."
"Eh?! Jinja?!" Ki Bum exclaimed with his eyes wide open.
"Poor Hye Mi.."
"Yeah.. I know.." Ki Bum mouth fell wide open when he realized something.
"Wait hyung! I think I know where they are!"
"Really?"
"Yeah! Kaja!" Jinyoung nodded and they both headed to Jinyoung's car and left.

-------

"You want this?" Sung Gyu asked showing Hye Mi the orange juice.
"Yeah" Hye Mi nodded faintly.
"We'll get two of this then."
"Uh.. Okay.." Hye Mi muttered and stared at the milk juice on the shelf.
"You want that?" Sung Gyu asked.
Hye Mi didn't seem to hear what Sung Gyu said and stared blankly.
"Yah,-"
"Let's go.. We should pay for that..." Hye Mi muttered.
"Okay." They both headed to the counter and paid for the i
tems that they bought.

-------

"Oh, so it's Sung Gyu's girlfriend's death aniversary?"
"Ani hyung! It's just someone that hyung liked!" Ki Bum corrected.
"Oh.. So it seems that Halmeonnie is buried there too. We might see Hye Mi there."
"Yeah! And we can bring her to where your halmeonnie is buried!" Ki Bum said cheerfully while watching Jinyoung drive.
"I doubt.." Jinyoung whispered to himself and keeped his eyes on the road.

"Seo Jin, You okay there?" Sung Gyu said while they both sit on the grass.
"I'm with my friend, she's Hye Mi"
"Hello Seo Jin-ssi, I'm back again" Hye Mi waved and smiled.
"Back?"
"Oh right.. The time when you saw me here, I stayed and talked to her.."
"Oh, I see." Sung Gyu muttered.
"Yah Seo Jin, I bought with me your favorite, kimchi jiggae.." Sung Gyu stopped talking and felt tears in his eyes.
"I think she's happy for you Sung Gyu-ssi so don't cry.." Hye Mi said.
"I..I'm not crying!"
"Then what's that?" She asked while pointing at his watery eyes.
"Wind just flew on my eyes that's why!" He denied.
"Good for you.." Hye Mi whispered. 

-------

After a few hours of staying in Seo Jin's grave, they both decided to go back. While they are taking the stairs that will take them down the hill, they saw Ki Bum and Jinyoung together.
"Hye Mi." Jinyoung called.
"O..oppa.. Wha-" Hye Mi was about to continue what she is saying but realized something,
 I..Is halmeonnie.. No way.. Don't tell me she's buried here?.. She thought.
"Hye Mi, you're here.. Let's go. I know that she'll be happy to see y-"
"No.." Hye Mi cut Jinyoung off and continued walking but he stopped her by holding her arm.
"Hye Mi.. It's been five long years. Get over it!"
"I can't oppa! You don't understand how I feel!!" Hye Mi exclaimed while crying.
"She's dead Hye Mi and she's happy where she is right know!"
"No! She's not dead! You're lying!!" Hye Mi exclaimed then ran.
"Hye Mi!" Jinyoung called but she didn't look back.
"What happened to her?" Sung Gyu asked Jinyoung whonis ruffling his hair in frustration.
"Ugghh!! Here we go again! I'll explain while we're searching for her let's go!"

-------

Sung Gyu's POV

After letting Jinyoung hyung told us what's wrong, I realized that I'm such a cruel person. I didn't even bother asking her if it's okay to go with me. I didn't know that she had a painful past. Well okay, I may not know exactly what happened but I know that it's painful for Hye Mi. I ran as fast as I can ignoring the rain to find Hye Mi, but then I saw a familiar figure under a tree crying on her knees. "Hye Mi.." I muttered while approaching her.
I saw her looked up to the sky and closed her eyes.
"Trying to hide your tears behind the rain huh?" I muttered then she flinched while opening her eyes.

Hye Mi's POV

"Ah.. It's raining.." I said while sitting on and hugging my knees.
I looked up and let the raindrop fell on my face to hide my tears away. I sighed and sat on the ground hugging my knees.
"Trying to hide your tears behind the rain huh?"
"Eh?" I flinched while opening my eyes and saw a familiar figure in front of me. He smiled and sat beside me.
"Babo. You got us worried sick."
"Mian.. I.."
"You really loved your halmeonnie don't you?" Sung Gyu-ssi said while staring at the rain.
".. You knew?"
"Kind of. But not all. Hyung told us."
"Oh.." I muttered then stared blankly at the ground.
Before I knew it, I started telling him why I became like this.

-------

Flashback..

"Halmeonnie!!! Look! I'm qualified for the contest!!" Hye Mi exclaimed while showing her grandma the paper that she just printed.
"Oh my! I'm happy for you dear!" Her grandma cheerfully replied and gave her grand daughter a warm hug. They both took a seat on the sofa to be able to talk better.
"I'm so happy halmeonnie! Our hardwork will pay off!! Gamsahamnida halmeonnie!! I promise I'll work hard!"
"I know you'll win that contest dear, you have such a great voice" her grandma said while caressing her hair.
"Oh, and by the way, your parents and your brother's going back from the States to stay here dear. So we'll go and fetch them tomorrow at the airport"
"Really halmeonnie? I'm glad! I'm going to see them for the first time again"
After hearing the good news Hye Mi headed to her room and prepared herself to bed. She layed on her bed and smiled.
"I'm going to see my parents for the first time in person tomorrow. I wonder how my oppa would look like?" She muttered to herself and slowly went to sleep.

-------

"Hye Mi!" Her grandma called from downstairs.
"Coming halmeonnie!"
"Hurry up, we'll be late!"
"Eo!" Hye Mi shouted while panicking and placing all her thing on her bag fast.
"Kaja?" She said while huffing.
"Aigoo, this girl," her grandma let out a chuckle. "let's go" they both headed outside and rode the cab that will take them to the airport.

-------

"Hye Mi! Is that you?"
"Yes, this is Hye Mi dear." Hye Mi smiled weakly at her mother and examined her face.

So she's my mother? She's so pretty.. Hye Mi thought.
"Aigoo, my daughter's a grown up now.." Her father said while approaching he.
r "Omma.. Appa.." Hye Mi muttered.
"Yah! You're leaving me behind!" A voice of a boy exclaimed.
"Oh! Hye Mi, he's Jinyoung your older brother"
"Waah! So you're Hye Mi?" Hye Mi nodded and smiled.
"You know if you're not my sister I've completely fall for a girl like you!"
"Jinyoung?!" His father exclaimed.
"Oh.. I mean Hi dongsaeng!!!" Jinyoung exclaimed and gave his sister a warm hug.
"Aigoo.. Time flies, they're already teenagers" Hye Mi's grandma muttered.
"I know omma. I'm thankful that you're the one who raised Hye Mi. Gumawo."
"It's nothing dear." Her grandma smiled.

"Wah! You play the piano?! Jinja?!"
"Um.. No oppa. But halmeonnie can!!" Hye Mi exclaimed.
"She will play the piano and I will sing! And you know oppa! Look!"
"Woah! You're qualified to this contest?!"
"Dae!" Hye Mi replied cheerfully.
"Woah, I'm so proud of my dongsaeng!!" He exclaimed.
"When's the contest?" Her mother asked.
"It's on the 12th omma" Hye Mi replied.
"Oh really? But omma, can you make it? It's your check up right?"
"Halmeonnie.. You never told me that you will have your check up that day.." Hye Mi said then frowned.
"Don't worry dear I'll go. No matter what I'll go okay?"
"It's a promise them halmeonnie!" Her grandma smiled at her and patted her hair. 

-------

At the day of the contest, Hye Mi won the first round and she's a runner up for the first place in the contest. She only needs to win one more and it's done.
"Hye Mi, you have to go back now, I'm sure halmeonnie will arrive soon" Jinyoung muttered to his sister.
"But.. I can't see halmeonnie anywhere.. She's not here yet.. She promised me." Hye Mi muttered while scanning around the crowd but can't find her grandma anywhere.
"I'm sure she'll arrive soon. Go now. I'm sure she'll be here anytime now. Yo can do it okay?" Jinyoung gave her sister a warm smile and hugged her sister.
"Okay.. Gumawo oppa.." Hye Mi nodded faintly and smiled.
"Okay, go now. Fighting!!"

Hye Mi sighed while waiting at the backstage.
"Halmeonnie.. you have to be here.. You promised.." she whispered to herself while staring at the picture of her with her grandma.
"Hye Mi-ssi? Is Hye Mi-ssi here?" a staff called.
"Oh, yes! I'm here!"
"Oh thank goodness I found you! Something bad happened!"
"E..Eh?"
Something bad? 
She thought.
"Uh.. What happened?" she asked nervously.
"You're grandma was at the hospital because of an accident!"
"Eh?"
"Hye Mi!" Jinyoung exclaimed then approached Hye Mi.
"O..Oppa.. What is she talking about?.." Hye Mi muttered.
"Don't worry Hye Mi, halmeonnie's going to be fine. Just stay here. I'll wait then we'll go to the hospital later. Omma and appa's on their way there so don't worry. She's going to be fine arasso?"
"But oppa.."
"Everything will be alright okay?" Hye Mi nodded.
"You're up next." The staff reminded her.
"Go, I'll wait for you." Hye Mi nodded and walked through the stage.
 
Halmeonnie.. Please be okay.. she thought. She closed her eyes and started singing. The crowd's eyes were all glued to her becuase of her angelic voice. Jinyoung smiled at her sister proudly and closed his eyes and let her voice pass through his ears.

-------

"I know you can do it Hye Mi!" Jinyoung exclaimed while driving on their way to the hospital. "Gumawo oppa! I can't wait to show this to halmeonnie!! I'm sure she'll be happy too!! I just hope she's alright.."
"She will be alright Hye Mi!"
"I hope so oppa.." When they arrived at the hospital, they immediately went to the place where their parents told them to go.
"Omma! Appa!" they both called in uniso.
n "Look omma appa! I won! Where's halmeonnie? I can't wait to show this to her!!" Hye Mi muttered cheerfully.
"Hye Mi dear.... I'm sorry but.. she's gone.."
"E..Eh?"
"Omma.. What are you talking about?!" Jinyoung exclaimed.
"She's declared dead on arrival when she's brought here Jinyoung.." Their dad replied.
Hye Mi was speechless. The medal slipped out of her hands and she fell on the chair.
"Hye Mi!" Jinyoung exclaimed and sat beside Hye Mi.
Tears started to flow through Hye Mi's eyes when Jinyoung looked at her.
"Hye Mi-ah.."
"Oppa.. I want to go home.. Take me back now.. jebal.."
"Arasso." Jinyoung looked at their parents and told them that she'll take Hye Mi back now and they both nodded.

-------

"How is she?" their father, who just came back from the hospital asked.
"She slept after crying so much.. It's painful for her appa."
"I know. Omma's the one who she spent almost half of her life with.." he replied.
Their mother couldn't help but to burst out of tears.
"Poor Hye Mi..I should've left her here. It's all my fault!"
"Omma.. Don't blame yourself. You did it for her sake remember? If you took her with us, her disease might have worsen.."
"I know Jinyoung but still.." their mom said while crying.

-------

"Hye Mi, Let's go.."
"Ani oppa.. you just go.. I can't. I..I'll just stay here." Hye Mi muttered and burried herself on her blanket.
"Hye Mi.. It's the day of her funeral.. Let's go eo?' Jinyoung insisted.
"No.. You just go.." Jinyoung sighed and gave up.
"Arasso.. we'll be back okay?" Hye Mi nodded and layed back to her bed.

"Where's Hye Mi?" Their mother asked.
"She doesn't want to go.."
"Gurae.. Let's go then.." they all proceeded to the funeral leaving Hye Mi behind.

"Halmeonnie.. You promised me! You said that you won't leave me no matter what!" Hye Mi exclaimed and cried while hugging her knees.

End of Flashback..


Hi Guys!! I'm back~ Long time no update :)) Guess what?My finals is finally over!! 3 weeks vacation!! :D And that means more update for you all! Hope you like this chapter! Please leave your comments and subscribe ^^ Keep safe guys! :)