Changes

I need you be mine

Chapter 5 - Changes

 

"Huh?" Hye Mi asked while looking at him.
"I'm Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun" the boy smiled.
"Eh?.. J..jinja?" Hye Mi can't believe that he's that boy that she's been looking for all day.
"You bet. Omma asked you to give that to me right?" Baekhyun said while pointing at the plastic bag that she's been holding. She nodded and gave it to him.
"Well, umm.. Want to eat? Since you brought them here umm... I'll cook for you in return!" Baekhyun said.
"okay then.." Hye Mi replied.

"Here" Baekhyun said after placing the food that he cooked a while ago.
"That's the beef that you brought here you know?"
"Oh really? Then let's eat" Hye Mi picked up her chopsticks then started eating.
She noticed that Beakhyun's looking closely at her and stopped.
"Umm.. Why are you not eating?" She asked.
"huh?... Oh! Yes I'm eating see?" Baekhyun stuttered in reply.

-----------

"I'll walk you home" Baekhyun offered.
"Andwae!!" Hye Mi exclaimed which made Baekhyun to jumped a little.
"Woah, you don't have to yell like that"
"A..Ani, that's not what I meant.. Umm.. I.. I can go by myself.. Besides my house is just nearby so.."
"Jinja?! Your house is just nearby?!" Baekhyun asked cheerfully and Hye Mi nodded.
"Hye Mi?" A voice called.
"Sung Gyu-ssi.." Hye Mi muttered
"what are you doing here?" Sung Gyu asked then approached her.
"Ah, I went here to give him something.." She replied while pointing at Baekhyun.
"I see. I'll be going then. Tell them that I won't be eating lunch at home"
"Dae.." Hye Mi replied then watched Sung Gyu leave.
"Who is he?" Baekhyun asked.
"Chinggu?" He continued and Hye Mi nodded.
"Oh.."
"I'll be going then.. Gumawo."
"Okay. Be Careful!" Baekhyun exclaimed then waved her goodbye.

-----------

Hye Mi went to the flower shop to buy some flowers that she will place on their living room. When she reached the shop she saw Sung Gyu buying some flowers. She hid behind the door scared that he might see her.
"That's Sung Gyu-ssi.." She whispered to herself.
"But why am I hiding? Omo!" She noticed that he was on his way out so she turned around and placed her hand in her face so that he won't notice.
"A bouquet? For his girlfriend?" She followed Sung Gyu out of curiosity and rode the same bus as Sung Gyu she sat at the back so that he won't notice.
"Why am I following him?" She asked herself and noticed that Sung Gyu went off at the next bus stop so she stod up and followed him.
"A cemetery?" Hye Mi muttered to herself and saw Sung Gyu place the flowers at the grave near with flower bushes around it.  
She was shocked. She's not expectng that he'll go to this place. She was expecting to see his someone special.
"Omo.." She said.
"Hye Mi? What the hell are you doing here?" Sung Gyu asked.
"Umm.. I.."
"Did you followed me?!"
"I.. I didn't mean to.. I.." Hye  Mi stuttered in fear.
She didn't mean to make him angry she just want to know more about him and see his someone special. She opened but no words came out and her hands just shook in fear.
"Don't you ever meddle in my life again!" Sung Gyu shouted.
Just then she noticed the name engraved on the grave.
"Kwon Seo Jin?" She muttered.
"Bwoh? How.." Sung Gyu realized that Hye Mi read the name on grave.
"So she's the girl."
"What?" Sung Gyu asked in confusion.
"Umm.. Actually Sung Gyu-ssi.. I.. Umm.. Accidentally saw something I think I shouldn't see.."

Flashback

"Hye Mi-ah! Can you please get the book that is placed on hyung's table? I'm really getting paranoid because of my assignment!" Ki Bum asked.
"Okay" Hye Mi agreed then went upstairs.
"I think this is it."
When she was about to grab the book a picture fell. It was Sung Gyu's picture with a girl. She reads something written on the back

Seonnie and Gyu! Our first picture together in Busan! Keep this forever okay Gyu? -Seo Jin :) 

"I think it's his girlfriend. He has a big smile back then.." Hye Mi smiled while looking at the picture "I wonder  what happened.."
The smiled on her face faded after thinking of the possible reason and placed the picture down and left. 

End of Flashback

"So you saw that picture?! You messed with my things?!"
"I.. I didn't mean to.. It just fell.." Sung Gyu let out a deep sigh and ruffled his hair.
"That's the first and the last time you'll go in my room! Understand?!"
"Dae.." Hye Mi replied softly.
"But can.. I ask.. Umm.. Something?"
"What?"
"Sung Gyu-ssi, you should smile again. I think when everyone sees you smile again they will be happy for you." Hye Mi smiled while looking at him.
Sung Gyu was surpised with what Hye Mi said.
"Shut up. You don't know anything." Sung Gyu said then left leaving Hye Mi dumbfounded.
Hye Mi walked closer to the grave and sat down.
"Seo Jin-ssi, why did his smile disappeared?" 

-----------

"Oooh! So excited!! It's the first day we'll go according to our designated departments!!" Ki Bum exclaimed in excitement.
"Yeah. Good for you Key. How about Hye Mi huh?!" Sooyoung exclaimed.
"Oh.. Mianhae Hye Mi-ah.." Ki Bum stopped and frowned.
"It's okay Ki Bum-ssi" Hye Mi smiled and sighed.
"What's wrong?" Ki Bum asked asked.
"Oh that's right. You don't know. Well apparently, uri Hye Mi doesn't know that Woolim is an art school and just agreed to be tranferred there."
"BWOH?!" Ki Bum exclaimed.
"And she has a phobia on standing in stages and performing in front of an audience." Sooyoung continued.
"Then how do you think will you survive on our department?" Sung Gyu asked Hye Mi but she didn't answer and just looked down.
Sooyoung and Ki Bum stared at her and pitied her except for Sung Gyu who just left.
He's still mad at me huh? Hye Mi thought and just stayed silent.

"Key! Sooyoung! Hye Mi-ah!!" Woohyun called form afar and waved at them.
"Oh? Morning guys!" Sooyoung greeted the others.
"Ready for our big day everyone?" Hoya asked and they all nodded except for Hye Mi who looked away.
"What's wrong Hye Mi-ah?" Hoya asked.
"Oh come on! Do I have to re tell the story all over again?!" Soyoung complained.
"..It's okay Sooyoung.. You don't have to tell them.." Hye Mi muttered.
"Tell us what?" Dong Woo asked 

*Riiinnngg
"Oh? That's the bell" Sung Jong muttered.
"Well, this is it! Let's go guys!"
"Eo! Fighting!" they all shouted and proceeded in their assigned departments.

"Hyung! I'm exicted! Who do you think will be our classmates?" Woohyun asked.
"Maybe it's just the same." Sung Gyu replied.
"You think so?" Woohyun replied and Sung Gyu nodded.
"Oh?! There's our room!!" Woohyun went ahead of them and opened the door.
Sung Gyu just rolled his eyes and followed leaving Hye Mi behind.
Eeotokhae.. This is it.. Hye Mi thought and shook her head.  Aniyo! Jung Hye Mi! You have to do this! Fighting!
"What on earth are you doing?" Sung Gyu asked looking at Hye Mi.
She blushed and looked down.
"N..Nothing.."
"You scared me back there I thought you lost it. Don't worry, we're here. You can do it." Sung Gyu said.
"Eh?" Hye Mi was surprised with what Sung Gyu said just know.
She was used to the I-DON'T-CARE Sung Gyu. Sung Gyu was also surprised with what he did an said.
What did I just do?! Sung Gyu thought
"I..I said let's just go for heaven's sake!" he blushed then went ahead the classroom.

"Hyung!! Let's seat here!!" Woohyun exclaimed while waving, signalling them to seat next to him. "Arasso, put your hand down it's embarassing." Well, he's back to normal? Hye Mi thought then sat next to them.
"Oh? Hye Mi?! It's you!!"
"..Baekhyun-ssi?" Hye Mi was surprised to see Baekhyun in ther school.
"Daebak! we're in the same school?!" Baekhyun sad in excitement and sat next to her
Who the hell is he? Sung Gyu stared at them while they talk.
Baekhyun's face seemed familiar to him.
"Yah" Sung Gyu called.
"Dugu? Me?" Baekhyun asked while pointing at himself.
"Yes you. Did we met before?" he asked.
"Oh yes! We met near our house remember?"
"When?" Sung Gyu asked.
"The other day Sung Gyu-ssi.." Hye Mi said.
He thought about it for a moment.
"Oh. Now I remember." he replied.
"Haha! Right?" Baekhyun said.
"Yeah right." he replied then slept on his table.
"Oh.." Baekhyun said in disappointment.
"Anyways! You sing to Hye Mi?" he continued.
"A..aniyo.."
"Really?! Then how did you-"
"OKAY class!! settle down! Let's begin!" the teacher interrupted Beakhyun's question and they all sat down to their sits. Sung Gyu raised his head and sat down lazily.

Sung Gyu POV

I layed down on the grass and closed my eyes. I see myself walking on a garden filled with flowers in it.
"Gyu!" My eyes widen after hearing a familiar voice.
I turned around and saw her.
"Seo Jin?!"
"Hi Gyu!" That smile. The smile that I missed for 5 long years.
"Is this real?"
"Well, I can say that it's not. I don't want to be a ghost remember?" She chuckled and sat down under a tree.
She pat the space beside her signalling me to sit next to her. I smiled and so as I am asked to.
"So~ how's my best friend?"
"Missing my best friend" I replied/.
"Really?"
"Yeah.. It's my fault.. If I-"
"Come on Gyu! Not again! It's not your fault that I died remember? I told you that I don't want to go to that horrible place anymore.. I just want my suffering to end." I frowned after hearing her reason and ruffled her hair.
"Gyu, you should forget about what happened. You should open your heart for others"
"No. If I open it again, they'll just leave me behind like what you and father did." I said.
"Come on Gyu, somethings just happen for a reason okay? Your lucky unlike me. Just live your life to the fullest okay? Do it for me" she smiled.
"pleasee??" She plead again.
"I'll try." I replied
"Thanks Gyu" she stood up and pat her dress.
"i have to go now Gyu. See you next time!"
 "Okay." I waved her goodbye and frowned.
"I wish I told you what I felt before you left.." I said as I watch her disappear.

-----------

*Riing

"Gamsahamnida." Hye Mi greeted the librarian after borrowing the books that she needed to learn the piano.
"Hmm?" Hye Mi muttered after noticing someone that she thinks she know in the field.
She stared at him and stopped walking.
"Hye M-" Baekhyun tried to call Hye Mi but he noticed that she seem to be taking her time looking at someone.
Hye Mi took a step closer. And another one until he reaches the person and then she realize..
"Oh? Sung Gyu-ssi!" She said.
Then she kneeled down and stared at Sung Gyu's sleeping face.
She giggled and smiled while staring at him while he sleeps.
"Oh.. It's Sung Gyu." Baekhyun said in realization.
He didn't know why he feel disappointed when he saw Hye Mi bent down and smiled at Sung Gyu while watching him sleep. He stared at them from afar and sighed.
"How long are you gonna stare at me? Jung Hye Mi?" Hye Mi fell down on the ground.
She thought that he was sleeping soundly.
"U.... Uu.. Umm.." Hye Mi stuttered. She seem can find words to say.
"What's that?" Sung Gyu asked pointing at the books that fell on Hye Mi's arms then rubbed his eyes. He stood up and picked the books that fell and looked at it.
"That's-"
"How to learn piano?" Sung Gyu asked showing her the books.
"Umm.. Yes.. I thought that I should somehow learn how to play it aince I can't... Umm.. Sing in front of the crowd.."
"Learn it huh?" Sung Gyu muttered then started walking taking the books that Hye Mi borrowed with him.
"Umm.. Excuse me.. Sung Gyu-ssi" she called but he didn't look back so she ran after Sung Gyu and catched up with him.
"Umm.. That.." She said while pointing at the books.
"If you want to get it back follow me." He said.
"Eh?" Hye Mi stopped for a moment and think where will he take the books. I
s he interested in them too? She ran after him but when she was about to catch up she bumped into him.
"Ah!" She said while rubbing his forehead.
She peeked to see why he stopped and saw Baekhyun.
"Baekhyun-ssi.." Hye Mi said.
"Hi.." Baekhyun greeted .
"Let's go." Sung Gyu said to Hye Mi. She nodded and waved Baekhyun goodbye.
"Hye Mi!" Baekhyun called.
"Hmm?"
"Umm.. Can we.. How should I say this.. Uh.. Can we go home together later?"
"Okay."
"H..huh?" He didn't expect for her to answer that fast.
"Okay. Let's just meet later. Annyeong Baekhyun-ssi" Hye Mi continued and followed Sung Gyu. "Okay.. That was easy." A smile re his face and returned to their room. 

-----------

"Baekhy- oh? Did I missed something?" Chanyeol, he's best friend, approached him and asked.
He noticed that Beakhyun has a smile that can reach his ears.
"CHANYEOL-AH!!" Baekhyun exclaimed then hugged him tightly.
"Air.. Need... Air.." Chanyeol gasped as he waved his hand in the air asking for help
"Oh! Sorry! Haha!!" Baekhyun said then let go of him.
"You freaking idiot! You don't have to hug me to death! What's wrong with you anyway?" "Remember the girl that I told you the other day?"
"Who? The daughter of auntie's friend?"
"Yes! That girl! She's my classmate Chanyeol!!"
"Jinja?! Good for you then!" Chanyeol exclaimed then they gave each other a high five.
"And did you ask her out?" Chanyeol continued.
"Umm.. About that.. I only asked her to go home with me.."
"BWOH?! Just that?! Oh come on Byun Baekhyun! You've got to be kidding me!"
"Aish! I don't know how to talk to her okay?!" Baekhyun blurted out.
"Aish! So slow!" Chanyeol teased
.

-----------

Hye Mi and Sung Gyu arrived at the music room. Sung Gyu took a seat at the piano bench then placed the books that he got from Hye Mi at the top of the piano table. Hye Mi who is now very puzzled just stared at him.
"What? Sit here."
"Eh?" Hye Mi asked in confusion.
"You said you wanted to learn. Did I heard it wrong?"
 "Huh? Oh no! I do want to learn!" Hye Mi immediately sat next to him.
Sung Gyu laughed a bit after seeing what Hye Mi did.
"..umm.. Did you.. Laugh?" Hye Mi asked.
"huh?" Sung Gyu jst realized what happened and cleard his throat.
"N...no! Y.. You're just seeing things!" He denied then opened the piano handbook. He read it but then he ruffled his hair in frustration.
"Uggh! So complicated! Let's not use this! I'm going to teach you the natural way!" Hye Mi giggled and nodded. Sung Gyu started by telling her the basics in piano and tought her some basic songs to play.

-----------

"Baekhyun!" Woohyun called then approched Baekhyun.
"Did you see Hyung somewhere?"
"Yeah. She's with Hye Mi.. But I don't don't know where they're going."
"Jinja?! She went somewhere with Hye Mi?!" Baekhyun was confused with Woohyun's sudden expression.
What's with the expression? He thought.
"Wae? What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked.
"Well.. Umm.. She's the first girl that she.. Well, build some kind of friendly relationship I guess.. Well except for Sooyoung! She's not counted!" Woohyun said then scrateched the back of his head.
"First girl?" "Yeah. Since Seo Jin d-"
"Woohyun hyung!!" They both turned around and saw Sung Jong approaching us.
"Woohyun hyung! Palli!! You have to see what we saw!! Come on!!" Sung Jong exclaimed.

-----------

"Daebak!" Woohyun exclaimed while peeking outside the music room.
"Is hyung sick?!" Ki Bum asked.
"I think he already lost it!" Dong Woo said then Woohyun smacked his head.
"Owee!! Yah!"
"Hyung! You shouldn't say that" Woohyun looked back and smiled.
"I think it's time for hyung to move on" he continued and they all nodded.
"You're right hyuniie!!" Ki Bum agreed and they gave each other a high five.

Baekhyun's POV

"He's teaching her how to play.." I mumbled while watching the others hide behind the windows. Sung Gyu hyung is teaching Hye Mi how to play the piano and it seems like they're having fun. Why didn't she ask me? I can play the piano too!
"Yah"
"Wah!" I exclaimed and saw Chanyeol next to me.
"Yah! Park Chanyeol! Don't you scare me like that!"
"What? I just called you that's all. What are you doing anyways?" He asked and I pointed where I am looking.
"Yah! How can you let that happen huh?! You lik-" I covered his mouth and pulled him behind the tree.
"Shh! You're being too loud!" I whispered loudly.
"But she's with-"
"Just stop okay? It's not like I'm her best friend or anything. We just met yesterday.."
"That's the point! You should make a move!!!" Chanyeol exclaimed but I deeply sighed and stood up.
"Let's just go." He nodded and followed me.

-----------

*Riiiinngg

"Oh? That's the bell. Let's just call it a day." Sung Gyu said then closed the piano.
"Okay. Gumawo, Sung Gyu -ssi.." Hye Mi smiled and thanked him.
She stood up and picked up her things preparing to leave.
"Hye Mi" Sung Gyu called. She turned around and looked at him.
""Hmm?"
"I.. Uh... I.. I just wanted to apologize about what happened yesterday."
"It's okay Sung Gyu-sii, I know you have a reason why you don't want me to know so.." Hye Mi grabbed her bag and smiled.
"But still.. I shouldn't have to shouted at you like that.."
"It's okay" she repeated.
"Let's just go home" Sung Gyu nodded and picked his things then they left.

-----------

"Woah! He apologized?!" Sungyeol and Sung Jong said in unison.
"Well, people change~ right Sooyoung?" Ki Bum said.
"Right!" Sooyoung replied then gave Ki Bum a high five.
"I'm hungry, Let's grab something to eat guys!" Woohyun suggested
"okay!" They all replied in unison.

-----------

"Oh? Baekhyun-ssi" Hye Mi muttered after noticing Baekhyun who is standing beside the front gate. They approached him and smiled.
"He's coming with us?" Baekhyun said while pointing at Sung Gyu.
"Well, I always go with her when I'm going home so yeah." Sung Gyu replied and Hye Mi giggled. "Let's go" the two boys nodded and they all started walking up to the bus stop and waited for the bus. When the bus arrived, the three of them rode it and sat on the back. When they reached the stop, they all went off the bus and continued to walk.
"I'll walk you home Hye Mi"
"Uh.. No it's okay.. My house is nearby so.."
"It's okay I-"
"my house is near hers so need to worry. Nothing bad will happen to her. Right?" Sung Gyu cut Baekhyun off.
"Uh yeah!" Hye Mi nodded and answered.
"Okay then.." Baekhyun replied.

Baekhyun's POV

"Aish.. That Sung Gyu..." I said while walking and stopped.
"Andwae! I'll walk her home!" I turned around and went back.
I saw Hye Mi walking with Sung Gyu and I followed them secretly.
"Why is it that whenever I ask Hye Mi that I'll walk her home, she always refuses my offer?" I said to myself while hiding behind the light posts.
I saw the both of them stop at the same house.
"Huh? So that's her house! Now I know!" I exclaimed.
"Wait.. Why is he coming in her house too?"


Hi guys! another update! Hope you like it! Currently in love with Gyujiji XDDD INFINITE is having their world tour here in our country! yeah!! at last!! Will wait for you Gyu!! :))