Chapter 13

Soulmates II: Slipping Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

"Minjung, what are you going to do?" Jaejoong asked after he read the letter. You thought for a while before you slowly smiled.

"I'm going to put someone in their place.”

 

Stronger-- Kelly Clarkson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn676-fLq7I

 

Kris was going through some papers when his mother came into the room. "Omma! Where were you and dad this morning?" Kris stopped his work and went to his mother.

"We had something to settle. I was just wondering, when is Minjung coming back?" She asked him.

"She said she will be back after the party. Omma, is something wrong?"

"No, nothing is wrong. I just wanted to pass her this." Saemi said and opened a small box. Inside was a very beautiful gold ring with a ruby in the middle. "This is our family heirloom. Well technically my mother gave it to me on my wedding. It is supposed to be passed down to the next female, which means my daughter but as you can see, I don't have one. So I would like Minjung to have it. Although there are 10 people I can choose from, I want to give it to Minjung because she is your first soulmate and the queen. Your father and I need to leave soon and most probably won't be back anytime soon so can you please put this ring on for her?" She passed the box to Kris.

"Sure omma. Let me send you out."

"No it's okay. Just stay and finish your work. Don't be too stressed okay? I love you." Saemi kissed his cheek.

"I love you too." He smiled. His mother left the room and he looked at the ring. *Only one is able to get this ring and I'm glad it was you.*

"Kris?" Jessica came into the room and Kris looked at her.

"Oh hi, Jessica." He got up and placed the box on his table. Jessica walked towards Kris and hugged him tightly.

"Kris.." She sadly said and Kris frowned.

"What's wrong?" He cupped her face to look into her eyes.

"Am I bad?"

"Huh? Why are you suddenly asking that question? Did someone say something to you?" He questioned.

"No, it's just that.. Tiffany doesn't seem to like me very much. She keeps on trying to pick on me." Tears filled her eyes and rolled down her cheek. Kris immediately wiped her tears away with his thumb.

"Please don't cry. I’m sure there must be a misunderstanding somewhere. Tiffany is a kind girl. I know everything is new to all to you and I know there may be some small quarrels and all but I really hope that all of you will get along."

"I understand. Maybe I'm thinking too much. Thank you." She leaned in and pressed her lips to his. Kris immediately responded back and Jessica mentally smirked. *Very soon, I will be the number 1 and the queen so kiss goodbye to Kris and your throne, Yoon Minjung.*

 

++

"Achoo!" You suddenly sneezed and sniffed.

"Eww! Cover your mouth when you sneeze!" Sora passed you a tissue paper and you thanked her.

"I think someone is talking bad about me." You joked and she rolled her eyes. You glanced at the clock and saw that it was coming 4pm, which means you still have another 4 hours before the party starts. "How should I do my hair?" You asked Sora.

"Hmm.. half bun? Bun the top part of your hair and just leave the bottom part down." Sora suggested.

"Great idea!" You beamed and worked on your hair.

"Say Minjung. What are you planning to do by going there? You can't stop Kris from finding his soulmate." Sora said as she subconsciously rubbed her small bump.

"Of course I can't. But there's this gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter