Chapter 53

Soulmates II: Slipping Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the previous chapter...

“It’s no use, Minjung.” Seunghyun pulled you up and dragged you away from Kris.

“No! Let go of me! I want to be with him!” You struggled but he held onto you tightly.

“Oh, you can be with him in the other world but you would have to die first, remember? You know what’s the best part? I won’t even let you touch him or see him one last time before you die.” He smirked.

“Kwon Seunghyun.” You looked at him and his raised an eyebrow, waiting for you to say something. “Let us all meet in the other world.” You touched his arm and closed your eyes. “Nekros i Zonatos.” You whispered.

    Really I Didn't Know-- Chen and Baekhyun   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNrG1clXaz4

A/N:  This chapter has nearly 3000 words.

Tiffany paced around the room together with Sooyoung. They did not know why but they just felt so uneasy, as if something bad will happen. However, they were not the only one feeling worried and scared. Every single person in the room was nervous. No one said anything. No one looked at anyone. Everyone was just in their own little world, praying for the best.

“Do you think everyone will be okay?” Eunji asked Daehyun and he nodded. He reached out to pat her head, trying to calm her down. She was so nervous that Daehyun felt like his twin’s feelings were overwhelming his. Just then, all of Kris’s soulmate gave out a cry of pain, including Sunny. The males quickly ran into the room just to see the women crying, as if someone just hurt them deeply or they lost someone important.

“Seohyun, what is wrong?” Miyoun supported Seohyun who just shook her head, indicating she does not know what was going on as well.

“Something happened.” Jessica said as she managed to compose herself. She wiped her tears but more tears flowed out. “Something happened to Kris.” She whispered in disbelief. She does not want to believe it was real as well but she knows that something really did happened.

The males looked at each other sadly. Getting injured or getting killed in fight is normal but it really does hurt when your friends or family members were the one who got injured. They wanted to help with the fight but they know that their duty was to stay here and protect the weaker ones. They have to stay here or more people will get injured if this place were to be attacked.

 

“No!” Jaemin and your friends shouted at the same time because they knew what the spell was. Seunghyun stared at you with wide eyes as he let go of you. ‘Nekros i Zonatos’ is a spell of no return, even with Seunghyun’s special spell because it takes 5 seconds for the victim to die and what is the point of using it on the user when the user is going to die as well. Seunghyun lost his conscious and you were no better than him. You were trying your best to stand as you felt like the world was spinning. “Master!” Jaemin ran to Seunghyun when he fell to the ground. With that distraction, Xiumin and Baekhyun managed to break the control and Baekhyun caught you before you fall to the ground as well.

“Minjung!” Baekhyun shook you but your eyes were already close. “No, Minjung, wake up. Please wake up.” Tears fell out of his eyes like it was raining. Xiumin knocked Jaemin unconscious, releasing all control over the rest.

“Minjung!” EXO-K, Jaejoong, Myungsoo and Byunghun ran to you while EXO-M went to their leader.

“God dammit, please wake up now Yoon Minjung.” Jaejoong squeezed your hand as he cried. “I lost Minjin. I don’t want to lose you too so please open your eyes.” He begged.

“Oppa.” You whispered and pressed your hand to his face. His eyes snapped opened and saw that you were not dead; at least not yet. “Don’t cry.” You told him and he nodded, wiping his tears away. You did not feel any pain. You just felt weak, as if your life was slowly being away. “Oppa, stay strong okay? You still have Sora and your sons to take care off.” You gave him a weak smile.

You felt like you were going to sleep soon but you fought the sleepiness for another minute. “Byunghun-ah, take care of your siblings, okay?” You reached out to pat his head. Byunghun’s eyes were filled with tears and he shook his head vigorously. He wanted you to be the one taking care of them. Not him, but you and only you. “Baek, I want to see Yifan.” You told Baekhyun and he immediately carried you to where EXO-M was. They gave way to you and cried even harder when they realised that you were going to leave them soon.

Baekhyun gently placed you beside Kris and you looked at him. A smile appeared on your face as you held onto his hand. *I love you.* You thought. Remembering the locket, you took it out from underneath your shirt and it. *Together, Forever.* You looked at Kris one last time before closing your eyes for eternity.

“Why? WHY?!” Jaejoong bawled and Myungsoo hugged his best friend.

“Soo.” Suho looked at D.O. and D.O. looked back at his leader, his big eyes filled with tears. “Let’s bring them back home, okay?” Suho gave him a small smile and the younger nodded, wiping his tears away. Everyone held hands and Suho your cheek before leaning in to kiss your forehead, tears escaping his eyes as well. You were his sister, his daughter, his happy virus and losing you was just too painful but he had to settle the mess here as he was the leader. He looked at Jaemin and Seunghyun before burning them to crisp. D.O. held on your body and teleported everyone back.

 

“You’re back!” Woohyun grinned when he saw his friends appeared in the living but his smile soon faded when he saw his friends crying. D.O. was holding your lifeless body as he silently cried while Tao was doing the same with Kris’s body. “No..” He shook his head and fell to his knees when he realised what happened. “No!” He buried his face in his hands and cried.

Beast heard the commotion and stopped in their tracks when they saw what Woohyun was crying over for. Byunghun got up and walked past Beast, who was looking at the scene in front of them sadly. “Oppa!” Eunji exclaimed when she saw her brother. “How’s omma and everyone? Are they back?” She smiled and everyone stood up, waiting for Byunghun’s reply.

“Ji, Dae..” Byunghun looked at his siblings and Daehyun had this feeling Byunghun was going to say something dreadful. “Omma and Kris are outside.” He told them and they let out a sigh of relief.

“Great! I’m going to go to omma now!” Eunji grinned and wanted to get out of the room when Byunghun grabbed onto her hand to prevent her from going out.

“Ji,” He called her and she looked up at him. He swallowed nervously and blinked back his tears. “Omma’s… omma’s dead.” He told her. Everyone looked at him with wide eyes, letting Byunghun’s words sink into them.

Daehyun was the first one to react. He ran out of the room and down to the living room. “Omma!” He shouted when he saw EXO crowding around Kris’s and your body. You were now in Kai’s arms as he just rocked you back and forth like how he used to do when EXO-K first found you. “Omma..” Daehyun slowly walked towards you.

“Omma!” Eunji ran after her brother and stopped just behind Daehyun. As she ran towards you with tears in her eyes, the other came out of the room. Your friends cried when they saw you and Kris’s soulmate did the same when they saw Kris.

Baekhyun looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter