Chapter 28

Soulmates II: Slipping Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the previous chapter...

You watched them walked away and softly sighed.

*Kris.. I bet you must be living very happily right now. You have the perfect wife and the perfect son. Congratulations.* You looked up at the sky. You then looked at the ring resting on your ring finger of your left hand and you smiled. *I guess I have been living the perfect life too.* You thought of your friends, brother, Myungsoo and your children and smiled. *Goodluck in whatever the future might bring you, Kris.*

 

Let out the beast-- EXO-K

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x51LEcRVT4

 

"Congratulations." One of the ministers shook Himchan's hand.

"Thank you for the wish and thank you for coming, Minister Yong. I expect you to be at my ceremony when my father crowns me as the next king." Himchan joked.

"Of course. I'll be more than happy to attention that ceremony." Minister Yong said and they laughed.

"Yifan, you okay? You looked really tired." Sunny asked Kris.

"Yea I'm fine. There's just too much work nowadays." Kris told her.

"Then you should just share your load. You have 2 sons and a daughter. You can pass some of your work to them, especially Himchan. He was born as the crown prince and I raised him to be like a king. Some work won't be a problem for him."

"Sunny, just because he's the crown prince doesn't mean he will be the next king. Remember Minseok hyung? He's the oldest but he didn't become the king." Kris told her.

"Well, when I gave birth to him, I promised myself to make him the best and that making him to be king material." She argued.

"Sunny, you shouldn't be so hard on him. He's just 21 this year." Kris reminded her.

"I lost a son, Yifan. If his brother had survived 22 years ago then maybe he wouldn't need to go through so much."

"Can you stop talking about that incident?" He rubbed his temples. Sunny had told Himchan and Taemin that you killed her first child and Kris would always think about you whenever she talks about that incident.

"Incident?! It was murder and you know it!" She hissed.

"Whatever. I don't want to talk to you if you are being like this. It's your son's birthday so let's not talk about the bad memories." He mumbled and walked away to greet the other guest but in his mind was all about you. For the past 22 years he wanted to go and find you, to visit you, but somehow he always kept thinking about the incident that caused Sunny's miscarriage and he would get angry. If he was not thinking about that incident then he would be thinking that you would want some space and you did not want to see him, especially since he chased you away.

*Why?! How the hell are you still missing her after 22 years?!* Sunny felt like pulling out her hair. *Are my powers not strong enough or is he getting immune to it already?* She thought and went to one of the guards. "Get Advisor Choi from the East by tomorrow morning." He bowed and left the palace.

"Hyung!" Tao hugged Kris the moment he saw him.

"Hey Zitao." He chuckled and patted his younger guy’s head.

"Hyung." Chen and Lay smiled when they saw their leader.

"How are you guys? How's Jieun and Hyera?" He asked his brothers.

"Good. And how's our sister?" Luhan asked him.

"She's doing real fine. Don't worry, Han. I'll take care of her." Kris promised Luhan.

*Yea, that's what you said to Joonmyeon. You promised you will take care of Minjung but what happened?* Xiumin angrily thought. Because Sunny had always been the least close to him, he never felt like Sunny was his sister but just a friend. However, when you came into his life, you treated him like he was your brother, you made him feel like you were willing to be his sister and he loves you a lot as a brother. For the past 22 years, he has wanted to visit you but he was scared that you might chase him away or remember about Kris and he does not want you to be sad.

"What are you thinking about?" Luhan nudged Xiumin, breaking his train of thoughts. Xiumin saw that his brothers were looking at him, as if waiting for him to say something.

"It's nothing. I need some fresh air." He mumbled and walked away. On his way out, he saw EXO-K.

"Hyung." Suho smiled when he saw Xiumin.

"Hey guys. Where's Jongin?" He noticed one person missing.

"Minhee went to visit her parents and Jongin went with her." D.O. lied but Xiumin bought it.

"Kris is at the back. I need to talk to someone." Xiumin excused himself. *Damn, I really want to visit Minjung but isn't it too insincere asking about her whereabouts after 22 years?* Xiumin thought when he walked passed them and Baekhyun heard his thoughts.

"I’ve forgotten to ask Minseok hyung about something. It has something got to do with our mind controlling powers." Baekhyun told EXO-K and went after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter