Chapter 31

Soulmates II: Slipping Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the previous chapter...

 

"The second will continue the path of the first." The vampire continued and you looked back at him. "The second will accomplish anything the first failed to do."

"And that is killing me, right?" You asked the vampire and Jaejoong looked at you with his mouth slightly dropped while Myungsoo's whole body tensed up. The vampire looked at you for a minute or so before slowly nodding his head.

"He will come for you, Your Highness."

 

Destiny-- Infinite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9eITb_IZmo

 

(Before Jaejoong brought the vampire into the house)

They jumped over the wall and hid behind the bushes before the guards could spot them. They had already successfully infiltrated the West and now they are spying on their target. A different footstep could be heard from far and the leader signalled his team to stay low. Another pair of footsteps followed the first, followed by another and another. The leader signalled his team to move closer to where their target was. "Watch out!" He heard someone shouted and the familiar sounds of fighting, snarling and growling were heard. The leader clenched his right hand and raised it up, signalling his people to stop. The fighting sound grew louder and the leader could finally see what was happening. From far, he saw Myungsoo and Byunghun fighting 4 vampires. Jaejoong then went out to help them and soon, 3 of the vampires were dead.

*Where is she?* The leader thought as he saw Myungsoo tearing the vampire's right arm off but the vampire did not even scream. Jaejoong grabbed the vampire and dragged him into the house.

"Sunggyu, should we go in and attack them now?" Dongwoo, the second-in-charge asked his leader.

"No. We have to retreat for now. Someone is aiming for our target too and we need to know why before we can attack them." Sunggyu, the leader, said.

"But we can just go in and do our job! Wouldn't it be wiser to just attack them now because they just fought with those guys?" Sungyeol argued and Sunggyu turned to glare at him.

"I said we retreat. Which part of that do you not understand?" Sunggyu growled lowly.

"But-"

"That is an order, Lee Sungyeol." Sunggyu commanded and ran away from the scene. Sungjong immediately followed his leader without a question and Hoya went after them.

"Let's go." Dongwoo patted Sungyeol on the shoulder and left as well. Sungyeol sighed softly and heard Byunghun coming out of the house. Without waiting for Byunghun to go away, Sungyeol just ran away, knowing that Byunghun will not catch him because he masked his smell; all of them did.

 

"What did you mean you did not kill her?!" Sunny slapped Sunggyu across his face but Sunggyu just bowed and held his head low. "Why Sunggyu?! Are you trying to betray me?!" She demanded.

"I will never do that to my own best friend." He looked at her and Sunny softened when she saw the bright red hand print on his cheek.

"I'm so sorry." She pressed her cold hands to his hot cheek.

"No, I'm the one who's sorry. I failed you, Sunny, and I deserve to be punished." He said but Sunny shook her head.

"Tell me why you did not kill her." Sunny asked.

"Something happened. 4 vampires suddenly attacked the place. I'm afraid someone else wants her." He explained and Sunny removed her hands from his cheek and sat on the chair.

"Araso. Send someone and try to find out what's happening over there." She said and he bowed before leaving the room.

"Hey." Dongwoo was waiting outside the room for Sunggyu. Sunggyu just nodded at his friend and went to do what Sunny instructed him to do and Dongwoo tagged along. "Are you still in love with her?" Dongwoo asked and Sunggyu stopped walking. "Dude, she has a soulm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter