Chapter 40

Soulmates II: Slipping Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the previous chapter...

 

"Appa! Don't hurt him!" Eunji tugged on his arm.

"Quiet! I won't let him go near you." Myungsoo growled lowly. Eunji panicked. How could she lose the love of her life the moment she met him? Myungsoo was about to shift when Eunji shut her eyes tightly and shouted.

"No appa! You can't kill him! He's my soulmate!"

 

Secrets-- One Republic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHm9MG9xw1o

 

 

Myungsoo thought he heard wrongly and he turned around to look at his daughter. "What?" He managed to say. Eunji opened her eyes.

"Please appa. He's my soulmate. I don't know what grudges you have with him but please don't hurt him." Eunji pleaded. Myungsoo felt like someone just slapped him. The guy who infiltrated the palace is Eunji's soulmate? Myungsoo looked at Hoya and Hoya was prepared to fight Myungsoo if he has to. Now that he has found Eunji, he will not let anyone or anything separate them.

"He was the one who attacked me! He together with someone else tried to kill me!" Myungsoo looked back at Eunji and Eunji cringed when she saw his eyes. They were cold, hard and most importantly, they were filled with accusation, as if telling Eunji that she betrayed her father.

"Don't talk to her like that." Hoya told Myungsoo.

"Don't get me started with you!" Myungsoo grabbed onto Hoya's shirt and Eunji shrieked in shock when they started fighting.

"No! Stop it! The both of you!" Eunji wanted to stop them but she did not know how to. Now she is regretting for not learning how to fight better. The way Myungsoo and Hoya did not look like they are just fighting but looked like they want to kill each other instead. Eunji moved just in time before Hoya would hit her as he struggled against Myungsoo's hold. Hoya used all of his strength to push Myungsoo away but Myungsoo did not release his hold on Hoya and the both of them went out of the room. This time, Hoya was at the winning end as he pressed Myungsoo against the railing.

"Oh my God, will the both of you please stop? Howon, don't hurt appa and appa please don’t hurt Howon. I don't want any of you to be hurt, okay?" Eunji pleaded but it seems like she was invisible to the both of them as they continued struggling. Somehow, Myungsoo managed to push Hoya away and Hoya kicked Myungsoo and Myungsoo lost his balance and fell over. "Appa!" Eunji screamed as she watched Myungsoo fell to the first floor with a loud thud. Within seconds, everyone came out of the room just to see Myungsoo on the floor, groaning in pain.

"Myungsoo! Are you okay?" You healed him and he immediately felt better.

"He was the same guy who I fought with that day." Myungsoo told you. You looked up to see who dared hurt him but D.O. was faster. He teleported upstairs and the next second, Hoya was down on the first floor, struggling against D.O's hold. Tao pulled his sword out and threatened to kill Hoya if he were to move an inch. Hoya froze when he saw the sword. D.O. made Hoya kneel down and you went over to them. When Hoya saw you, the first thing he had in mind was to kill you. If he managed to do so, Infinite will still be his friends. At most he would just run away with Eunji and be a fugitive. You raised your hand while holding a dagger and was about to stab him when Eunji grabbed onto your hand, making you look at her. Confusion replaced the anger on your face while Eunji's face was filled with pain.

"No," Eunji shook her head and tears gathered in her eyes. "Please omma, don't kill him." Eunji begged you but you just look at her.

"You rather betray your family then to let me kill him?" You asked in disbelief.

"I'm not betraying my family! He's important to me too! He's my soulmate, omma." She explained and you looked at Hoya before looking back at her.

"Soulmate?" You scoffed at the painful memories. "A soulmate brings you nothing but pain!" You snapped and Kris looked down on the floor in shame when he realised how much pain he caused

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter