Chapter 30

Soulmates II: Slipping Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

In the previous chapter...

 

"Samchon! Are you staying for lunch? I want to cook something for you!" Eunji said.

"Sure. I can't wait to see what you have in store for me." He smiled. You watched them interact while Byunghun watched you watch them.

*Everything will be alright.. right?* He thought but blocked it so Xiumin could not read his thought. Byunghun did not know why but he felt like something will happen.

 

Paradise-- Infinite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj0FvZGSzCo

 

"Woah! Really?!" Eunji gasped but her eyes lit up in excitement and delight and Xiumin nodded.

"They have sharp teeth and hard skin to protect their bodies and can wipe out their enemies in seconds." Xiumin described the creature.

"Aren't they like us, then?" Eunji tilted her head to the side.

"Ani. We are only this small while they are sooooo huge." He made a huge circle with his hands.

"I want to see one!" She clapped in glee.

"You can't see one, noona. They are extinct." Youngjae looked up from his book and told her.

"Aww, but I want to see a dragon." She pouted sadly.

"You can." Yongguk said and she looked at him. "I am a dragon. I'm Yoon YONGguk." He emphasized on the word 'Yong'.

"Yah! Just because your name has a dragon word in it doesn't mean you are one!" She threw a book at him which he dodged.

"Hmm.. definitely like your mother, only more violent." Xiumin thought out loud and Yongguk and Youngjae laughed while Daehyun chuckled. Byunghun smiled at Xiumin's words but continued reading.

"Samchon! How could you say that?" She frowned.

"I was just kidding." He chuckled.

"I'm not violent. I am nice and gentle and I want to be a perfect wife when I grow up." Eunji dreamily said.

"I'm sure you will be a perfect wife." He told her.

 

You knocked on the door and Myungsoo asked you to come in. "Hey," His eyes lit up when he saw you.

"Hey, how's your work?" You went to him and placed a cup of tea on his table.

"It's manageable." He said and you went behind him to massage his shoulders.

"You should pass some to me if it is too much." You offered but he shook his head. He placed his hands on top of yours and pulled you to his lap. He wrapped his arms around you and rested his chin on your shoulder.

"You are already taking care of the kids and I don't want you to be too tired." He said.

"It's okay. It isn't tiring."

"Aniya. I want you to feel happy and carefree with you. I don't want you to feel like you have to do such things for me just because we are together. I want you to do what you want to do and not want you think you are supposed to do. You don't have to be perfect, Minjung."

"But I want to help you." You pouted and gave your puppy dog eyes, hoping he will give in.

"You being yourself is helping me because the one I fell in love with is the real you. You don't have to act like the perfect wife or mother. Just be yourself." He kissed your nose and you smiled.

"Thank you, Myungsoo." You hugged him. *You always know how to make me smile. Being with you might have been one of the best decisions in my life.*

 

++

"Bye Minjung. I'll visit whenever I can." Xiumin hugged you. You wanted him to stay for a few days but he was afraid his brothers might become suspicious as to where he was so he decided to leave after lunch.

"Bye Minseok oppa. Take care okay?" You said and he nodded. You waved until you could not see him anymore. You stretched and took a deep breath with your eyes closed. Just then, you felt like someone was watching you from afar and your eyes flew open only to see no one around. "Byunghun?" You shouted towards the house but your eyes never stopped searching for any movements.

"Omma?" Byunghun went to you.

"I feel like someone is watching us.. or me. It's like the same feeling 23 years ago." You remembered the incident with Hyunseung.

"I'll go take a look." He was about to leav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter