Chapter 6 : Good Day?

It Started With A Debt

 

“What’s the meaning of this?” Jaekyung was dumbfounded. She tried to get out of her room, but it’s locked. She sighed. I’ll just take a shower first. She thought.

 

She was already fully dressed, looking at the books on her desk, she was astounded at its standards. I never got to study this yet. And she heard someone opened the door, it was Mr. Kim.

 

“Oh, you’re awake. Good, let’s talk downstairs.” He told her.

 

“Our boss left early. Well, I wanted to talk to you about your school.” They were in the living room.

 

“What about it? I am not to go back right?” Jaekyung was puzzled.

 

“Yeah, you are not to go back, to your old university. You have been given a scholarship to this university.” Mr. Kim then handed Jaekyung a file. She looked through it, and was surprised.

 

“This is an expensive university!” her jaw dropped.

 

“And it is number 1 in arts and culture. The reason why our boss snapped away your stuffs are because I needed them for evaluation. We actually, well, saw your works, and I am the one who suggested you could do good, in well, in their Hotel someday. You can be useful in advertising, or designs and events. And he thought it would be a good idea as well.” Mr. Kim explained through her.

 

“What? He’s going to make me study here? He’s just going to add up my debt!” she protested. Jaekyung thought that it would be very wrong, she would just end up living all her life paying him debt if she would enter that university.

 

“I guess you misunderstood. He is not paying for your study there, because you got a scholarship. I have an acquaintance in that University, and also, our boss’ older sister studied there as well, so it wasn’t hard for me to convince them you are good. They even liked your work. It would be a waste for you to study in your old school, it’s not really of high standards.” Mr. Kim smiled.

 

Jaekyung was speechless. She thought Mr. Kim and his men are evil human beings without conscience, but she was wrong.

 

“I convinced our boss about that, he hesitated at first. You know, we’ve been working for him for years, and we are like family to him already. He will soon manage their hotel, whether he likes it or not, and I guess, I need to help him find some essential people to help him, and I think you would be a great help. Jaekyung, you have talent, and you’re like intelligent.” Mr. Kim gave her a sincere expression.

 

But if I study there, and work on his hotel then it’s like I’m going to see him for the rest of my life, it’s like hell. She thought.

 

“I know you hated him for ruining your life, but he is just in his stage of getting to know himself deeply. He’s not a bad person, sooner or later, you’ll see it with your own eyes. He wanted to play around, but he don’t want to harm people. Please accept that, I went to a lot of trouble just to get a scholarship.” Mr. Kim’s tone was very serious.

 

Jaekyung let her thoughts flow for a minute.  “Okay then, when will my classes start?”

 

--

 

It’s been two weeks after Jaekyung’s conversation with Mr. Kim. Everything went smoothly. Jaekyung was working in the café, and then studying. She was determined to save up and pay Seunghyun. They’re not even in good terms as there’s always chaos when they get to talk to each other. She planned to at least thank him for being not that evil to her. She asked Daesung one night if she could use some ingredients in the café. She baked cookies for Seunghyun.

 

--

 

“I’m going to be late!” she woke up and swiftly took a bath, dressed, and head downstairs the next morning. The twins were playing car games in x-box in the living room.

 

“Yah! I’m going to be late in my work, do you have plans to go with me?” she shouted at them, they seem not to care.

 

“We asked other men to go with you so just go to the car.” Dony spoke not even looking at her.

 

“Okay then,” she nodded. “Wait, please give this to that Choi Seunghyun, I baked it last night, please give this to him, okay? I’m going to be late, bye!” she left the cookies she made on the table next to where Deuk was sitting.

 

--

 

“Jaekyung, I have a favor.” Daesung asked her when she arrived in the café.

 

“Anything.” She smiled at him.

 

“Oh, well, I wanted to put other designs in the café to make it look more elegant, can you uh, well, paint a portrait, or even an abstract. Please!” Daesung made a cute face to convince her. Jaekyung chuckled.

 

“Okay then, I’ll make one.” She said.

 

“Thank you!” he hugged her.

 

“Hyung!” someone just came. It was still early, and they were still fixing the café.

 

“What are you doing here Seungri?” Daesung was surprised.

 

“Oh, nothing, I just visited you, I’m with Jiyong hyung, he’s still outside walking like a dragon.” He told Dae.

 

“Oh, who’s this beautiful lady? Hello, I’m Seungri, what’s your name?” Seungri offered his hand for a handshake to Jaekyung.

 

“I’m Jaekyung.” She smiled and shook hands with him.

 

“Hyung, you didn’t tell me you got a very beautiful person working in your café, or you’re hiding it from us?” Seungri then gave a glare to Dae.

 

“She’s Seunghyun hyung’s.” Jiyong finally entered the café.

 

Jaekyung looked at Jiyong. He’s oozing with charisma. She thought.

 

“She’s what?! Oh, so she was the one you were talking about? Oh the one hyung-?” Seungri looked at Jaekyung and then at Jiyong.

 

“Yeah, yeah.” Jiyong nodded.

 

“Oh, how I wish I was the first one to see you, now I know why he took you, you look like his sister!” Seungri pouted.

 

“I-what?” Jaekyung was clueless.

 

“Stop that Ri, Dae, I want some coffee.” Jiyong sat down.

 

“Wait, I’ll get you.” Daesung rushed to the kitchen area.

 

“Wow, do you have a boyfriend?” Seungri just started flirting her.

 

“Ahh, no, I never had a boyfriend yet.” Jaekyung told him.

 

“Not once? Oh, I don’t mind if I’ll be your first then.” Seungri smirked and held her hand.

 

“No you can’t.” Someone else just entered the café. It was Seunghyun. “Yah Seungri hands off! She’s mine.” He pulled Seungri’s hand off her.

 

“I’ll just buy her from you then, hyung, please!” Seungri looked at Seunghyun with puppy eyes.

 

“What?! That’s illegal, you can’t buy people, you bastard! And she’s not for sale.” He scolded Seungri.

 

“And when you took her that’s legal?” Seungri backfired.

 

“Everything I do is legal. And you, it’s so early in the morning and you’re flirting with him?” Seunghyun looked at Jaekyung.

 

“What? I’m not flir-“

 

“I saw your smile when he was holding your hand! Aissh, is this what you are doing here while working?” he held Jaekyung’s hand tighter.

 

“Ouch! Will you let go of my hand!” she shouted at him.

 

“What? So I can’t hold your hand but Seungri can?” Seunghyun protested.

 

Jaekyung glared at him. “It’s not that, you’re crushing my hand!”

 

“Aisssh, Daesung, she’s having a day-off today, I’ll bring her somewhere.” He told Daesung when he appeared from the kitchen giving Jiyong his coffee.

 

“Okay then, it’s okay!” Daesung approved.

 

“What!? No! I have work to do I can’t miss a day!” she told him. She thought it would lessen her salary.

 

“Let’s go.” He dragged her. She struggled hard to stop him.

 

“Let go of me!” she successfully released her hand from him.

 

Seunghyun gave her an evil glare.

 

“I won’t. I am working now.” She scoffed.

 

“And who are you to say no to what I say?” he raised his eyebrow.

 

Daesung, Jiyong and Seungri were just watching at them while they make a scene. Good thing there were still no other people.

 

“Aissh, why are you so hard-headed!” he then pulled her closer then carried her, throwing her over his shoulder.

 

“Yah! Put me down! Yah!” Jaekyung struggled against him. “Put me down!”

 

He continued walking as he carried her, then he slapped her . Jaekyung squeaked. Her face turned red.

 

“What was that for?!” she told him.

 

“Sshh! You’re so loud!” Seunghyun shouted.

 

Then they left the café.

 

“I think I just saw that scene somewhere? Or are they just practicing a script for a drama?” Seungri said eyeing Jaekyung and Seunghyun as they left.

 

“I don’t know, probably they’re trying to make a comedy scene here.” Jiyong added.

--

 

They head back to the house. “Go and change clothes, wear this!” Seunghyun handed Jaekyung a paper bag.

 

“Why would I? And where are we going? I don’t want to.” She looked away.

 

“Just go and change clothes! Aissh, hurry!” he shouted at her.

 

“I won’t! Who are you to dictate me on what to wear! I’ll wear what I want!”

 

“I own you now, and that would mean.. I also own your body, so I have every right to tell you what to wear.” Seunghyun smirked.

 

Jaekyung looked at him with disgust. “You sounded like an old creepy ert!” she then ran inside to change.

 

“Yah! Who’s the old creepy ert! Aissh! You’ll pay for that!” he shouted as Jaekyung went inside.

--

Jaekyung went outside wearing a dress. It was the first time she wore a dress and she felt embarrassed. It was even pink, and its length was just above her knee. It was matched with a white leather jacket and a doll shoes.

 

“I’m done changing now.” She pouted when she approached Seunghyun who was drinking water, he spit out what he was drinking when he saw her.

 

“I know, I don’t look fine, you don’t have to say it straight to my face!” she looked away.

 

“It’s okay, we can’t do anything about that now, let’s go.” He grabbed her hand and lead her to the car. Deep inside, he was surprised at Jaekyung. Why does she look so pretty today?

 

--

 

“Where are we going?” she was looking on the window of, they were inside the car.

 

“I also don’t know.” He said.

 

“What!? You don’t know? Then where are we heading? You’re crazy! Aigoo, I should have just worked today.” She looked at him and pouted. He chuckled.

 

“Where do you want to go? I mean, it’s been weeks since there are only three locations you’re going to: the café, my house then your university.” He eyed her.

 

“What? I don’t get you.” Jaekyung gave him a what-are-you-saying expression.

 

“Aisssh, you’re slow. Where do you go when you have free time before?” he asked her.

 

Jaekyung thought hard. “I usually go in an amusement park, or an arcade with my friend. Sometimes we go to a karaoke bar.” She said. “Why?”

 

“Hmm, okay then where is it?” Seunghyun asked.

--

 

“You really took me here? Are you sick or has another soul entered your body?” she looked at him with enthusiasm.

 

“I wanted to give this as a treat to you since for the past few weeks you’ve been a good girl.” He patted her head. “Let’s go?” he held her hand tightly and they looked around.

 

“Whoa! I missed this!” Jaekyung’s smile was so wide.

 

“Aigoo, you’re like a little kid.” He chuckled.

 

“Come on let’s take the roller coaster!!” she dragged him.

 

“Yah! Since when did she became this hyper?” he mumbled to himself.

 

--

“Look at your hair it’s so messy!” Seunghyun laughed at her after they rode the roller coaster.

 

Jaekyung slightly fixed her hair.

 

“Now I choose what’s next.” This time Seunghyun was the one grabbing her. They went to a log flume ride.

 

“Yah! We’ll get wet there!” Jaekyung protested. Seunghyun didn’t bother.

--

 

“I told you we’ll get wet!” Jaekyung was wiping her dress dry with her handkerchief.

 

“It’s only you who got wet the most.” He laughed.

 

“Yeah, ‘cause you used me to cover you!” she glared at him.

--

“Wow, is that teddy bear the price if I hit five bottles?” Jaekyung went to the part of the park with the games.

 

“Yes, hit five bottles this toy gun and this bear is yours.” The man on the game stall said.

 

“I’ll try!” Jaekyung tried it but she only managed to hit one bottle. “Omo! Are the bottles moving! Why have I hit only one!” she stomped her feet in frustration.

 

‘Aissh, give me that, you don’t know how to shoot like a boss.” Seunghyun snapped the toy gun from her. He hit five bottles instantly.

 

“Now that’s how you do it.” He then gets the bear and gave it to her. “There you go little girl, your price.”

 

“Aissh, he’s so full of himself.” She mumbled as she followed him.

 

“You, I’ll call you mini ahjuhshi right now okay?” she just talked to the teddy bear.

--

“Let’s try the Ferris Wheel” Seunghyun suggested. “Okay”  Jaekyung nodded happily.

 

 They’re on the Ferris Wheel, Seunghyun sitting on one side and Jaekyung on the other side.

 

“It’s beautiful!” Jaekyung was looking down and looking at all the view.

 

“Is it your first time on a Ferris Wheel? You sound like it’s your first.” Seunghyun asked her.

 

Jaekyung looked at him. “Yeah, my friend, when we get here she never wish to ride this since she’s scared.”

 

“Ahh, Jaekyung, tell me, how did you end up with your uncle?” He looked at her curiously.

 

“Oh, my parents died in a car accident. I wasn’t with them that time so I am still alive. I actually got two uncles. But the other one died when he got sick, he got a family and I don’t want to burden them. He was far better than the one who gave me to you.” She half-smiled.

 

“I’m sorry.” He averted her eyes.

 

“It’s okay. I know my parents won’t be happy if they see me weak. I know they’re guiding me so I just have to stay strong.” She flushed him with a wide smile. Seunghyun felt weird that time, he felt his heart skipped a beat, and he don’t had a clue why.

 

“Let’s eat some barbeque over there!” Jaekyung suggested and they head over the place with lots of street foods.

--

“Waah! It’s so delicious!” Jaekyung finished eating.

 

“Yah! Are you a pig? You eat so fast, and look how much you have eaten!” He scolded her.

 

“I’m very hungry we haven’t eaten since we got here for hours!” she defended herself.

 

“Fine. Come on, let’s go home.” He held her hand and they walked.

 

“Let’s just take a taxi, I don’t want to wait for the driver to come and pick us.” Seunghyun said.

 

When they were walking, a group of men started approaching them.

 

“Long time, no see.” The man who stood in front told Seunghyun.

 

“Let’s not do this here, I don’t want to go play with you right now.” Seunghyun said and he started dragging Jaekyung with her, but the group of men followed them.

 

“Tsk Tsk, Don’t walk away now, you still have to pay for what you did with us!” They surrounded them. All of them were staring at Seunghyun. Seunghyun held Jaekyung’s hand, squeezing it tightly.

 

“At a count of three, you run, okay?” he whispered in Jaekyung’s ear.

 ----------------------

 

Chapter 6 Updated! ^.^ I hope you find this chapter amusing and funny as well! *o* All the readers are the reason why I continue this, and why I get to have new ideas..Thank you so much! For all who subscribed, and for those who comments, Manhi Kamsahamnida! *-* Will it okay for you if I update every day or every other day? Or you don’t think it’s a good idea? I have lots of free time these days since I still have three weeks before school! ^.^

 

@unknownyou thank you! ^.^ I hope you’ll finish your updates soon!

@kangana thank you! I thught you won’t like it since it’s a little long! Yeah, I made Top’s personality here a little childish, I guess he is somehow childish in real life too! LOL..You’re right, I chose SNSD’s Oh since it’s a cheerful song! ^.^ Thank you for saying that,!! ;) Hwaiting!

@selliryn thanks! ^.^ I guess a childish Top would suit him more than the ert one..lmao..xD thank you for reading!

@renaiseuhyun84 thank you for reading!!! I hope you’ll like the upcoming chapters!

@ohmyyoungbae thank you!!! Yes, I finally updated! I hope you’ll like it!!

@spongey thanks! ^.^ , I hope you find the scenes funny! ..xD

@hanabobo thank you! I hope chapter 6 will make you laugh as well! ^.^

 

-I'll update probably tomorrow or the next day! Thank you for all the readers! ^.^ Take care everyone!