Chapter 11 : A Flicker of Shimmer

It Started With A Debt

 

“Is he really your boyfriend Jaekyung?” Changmin asked Jaekyung, his eyes not leaving Seunghyun. Seunghyun gave Jaekyung a glare as well, waiting for what she would answer.

 

“He is my..” Jaekyung was looking at Seunghyun, she sighed. “He’s right, he’s my boyfriend.” Then she pulled her hands off Changmin’s. Seunghyun held her hand, he was surprised of what Jaekyung said, but he composed himself.

 

“Oppa, I’ll see you next time, very soon.” She smiled at him, but she was trying to hold back some tears. Changmin was very close to her, he was the one who always helped her when she was in trouble, but this time, she didn’t want to bother him. “Bye for now!” she waved at him as they left.

 

“Jaekyung, get back soon okay!?” Changmin yelled, inside he was perplexed. He knew Jaekyung was hiding something and he has to know it.

 

--

 

“Jaekyung, sleep first, you haven’t slept since we came back from Jeju.” Seunghyun motioned her to go to her room. Jaekyung smiled tiredly at him, truly, the day was so exhausting for her, mentally and physically.

 

She felt so sad, not being able to hang out with her friends, and all stuck with Seunghyun. She missed Minhee, she missed Changmin, she seemed to miss her life before she became a property of someone. Tears endlessly poured from her eyes. She felt like a prisoner, restricted to other areas. She lied on her bed, she let herself drift to sleep to forget everything heavy that she felt.

 

--

“So, you just almost had a fight with that guy in the bakery, you’re really unpredictable hyung, good thing it didn’t end that bad.” Seungri was talking to Seunghyun, they’re in the living room.

 

“I won’t let her see that guy again.” Seunghyun narrowed his eyes.

 

“Why? They look so close, maybe they knew each other for a long time already. Oh, wait, Jaekyung’s phone is with you right? May I borrow it, I’ll get her friend’s number!” Seungri said enthusiastically.

 

“It’s in my room, just get it later, Aissh, you have a lot of girls already.” Seunghyun said.

 

“But she’s cute! Her voice is like an angel’s, she looks so sweet! I need to contact her immediately.” Seungri was fantasizing.

 

“Pssh, yeah right, and Jaekyung is the exact opposite, when she talks it’s no angel talking, and she is never sweet.” Seunghyun then started imagining Jaekyung having Minhee’s voice and sweet look.

 

“Seunghyun Oppa, you look so handsome today. Kya!” He just imagined Jaekyung saying those words and making cute faces.

 

“Yah! Hyung? What are you thinking?” Seungri poked him since he was smiling blankly.

 

“Huh? Nothing!” he hid his smile.

 

--

 

The next morning, Jaekyung woke up early, she took a shower, getting herself ready since she got classes.

 

She went to the living room, she saw Seunghyun playing car games with Deuk.

 

“Aissh, why did I lose this time? Let’s play again.” Seunghyun was so serious, his eyes locked on the tv screen.

 

“Your car is so slow, just look at Deuk’s, yours is already 6th while Deuk is 2nd, what a failure.” Jaekyung sat on the sofa, watching them.

 

“It’s just the third lap, wait ‘til I become first before the end of the race.” Seunghyun boasted. And when it was the last lap, Deuk’s car was 1st while Seunghyun got 4th.

 

“You said you’ll be first?” Jaekyung chuckled.  Seunghyun gave her a glare.

 

“Let’s play then! If I win, you’ll call me Oppa, if I lose, then I lose.” He smirked.

 

“What? That deal’s so lame, you should do something if you lose.” Jaekyung pouted.

 

“Okay then, if I lose, I’ll treat you.” he grinned.

 

“Aigoo, treat only? Okay then, let’s play.” Jaekyung took Deuk’s place. Seunghyun chose a black car, while Jaekyung’s was yellow.

 

They started playing, Seunghyun was leading, while Jaekyung was keeping up.

 

“I’ll win this, you got nothing on me!” Seunghyun shouted. The second lap he was first again. But when it was third, Jaekyung’s car was very near behind Seunghyun’s.

 

“Jaekyung, you can play!!” Deuk was sitting beside her, watching them.

 

“Yeah, I use to play this with my friend, Changmin Oppa before.” Jaekyung smiled. Seunghyun hissed. Then Seunghyun’s car suddenly slowed down behind her, Jaekyung was taking the lead.

 

“Really? Was he your boyfriend back then?” Deuk asked. Seunghyun was listening, his car was far behind already from Jaekyung’s.

 

“No, he’s a close friend. Oh, I’m leading!!” Jaekyung smiled widely. It was the last lap already.

 

“Aissh!” then Seunghyun stood up in front of Jaekyung, blocking the screen.

 

“Yah! That’s cheating!!” Jaekyung stood as well. “Oh, I lost?” her jaw dropped. “You cheated! That doesn’t count! Why did you block the screen!”

 

“I didn’t say dirty tricks aren’t allowed.” Seunghyun stick his tongue out. “Now, starting today, you’ll call me Seunghyun Oppa.” He smirked.  Jaekyung scoffed.

 

“I won’t! You cheater!!”

 

“Yah! What’s so hard with calling me that?!” he yelled at her. “You just have to say, hello Seunghyun Oppa, how are you? You look good today.” He demonstrated to her, mocking a girl’s voice. Jaekyung gave him a disgusted look.

 

“You’re crazy! Why would I say that? I’ll let the world end first.” She said and she walked off.

 

“Yah! Jaekyung! How dare you! You lost!! We had a deal don’t tell me you’ll break it!!” he followed her.

 

Deuk was just staring at them.

--

 

“Hello?” Minhee’s small voice answered her cellphone.

 

“Hi there! It’s me Seungri, the one who bought you that red dress,um, well, as you can see, ah, do you have a free time? We can go hang out, you know?” Seungri said.

 

“Oh, well, I don’t mind since Jaekyung knows you, I think you won’t do anything bad, you’re not a, maniac, are you?” Minhee responded.

 

Seungri was refraining himself from screaming. “No! no of course! Oh, well, okay I’ll pick you up from your home tomorrow at 9am.” Then he hung up, and jumped like crazy.

 

“What’s happening to you?” Daesung asked him.

 

“Nothing, it’s none of your business hyung!” he grinned.

 

“It’s my business because you’re scaring the people in my café.” Daesung glared at him.

 

--

 

Jaekyung went to her school, she was, of course, assisted by either the twins or Mr. Kim’s men, just making sure she won’t escape.

 

 “Jaekyung, we’re going to the festival today! It would be a lot of fun! There’ll be lots of foods, and we can go karaoke after! Go with us, Namjo, Eunji and Yookyung will be there too!” one of her male classmates asked her.

 

Jaekyung wanted to come with them, but she was sure Seunghyun won’t let her. After all, the twins were waiting outside. “Ahh, I don’t think I could go. I still have work to do, enjoy yourselves!” she smiled and waved at them as she left the room.

 

Jaekyung missed hanging out with friends. She even missed the places she used to go alone, when she wanted to relax herself.

 

--

 

“So, until when your grandma will be here?” Jiyong asked Seunghyun, they’re on the café.

 

“I don’t know, she said three days? Oh, I hope time would fly so she’ll leave faster.” Seunghyun drank his coffee.

 

“Oh, good thing she didn’t know about Jaekyung?”

 

“I told her Jaekyung was my girlfriend, but I don’t know her plans, she seems to have no problems with Jaekyung.” he told Jiyong.

 

Seunghyun’s cell phone suddenly rang. “What is it?” he answered it, it was the twins.

 

“What?! Are you sure with that? Go find her! Aisssh, find her or you’re dead!” then he hung up.

 

“Why? What happened?” Jiyong looked at him with curiosity.

 

“Jaekyung, she’s not in school anymore, she must have escaped. I’ll find her.” He stood and left immediately.

 

--

 

“Where is that girl, how dare she, I won’t let this pass.” Seunghyun was in the car, looking at the window. Then suddenly a thought came to his mind.

 

“Yah, make a U-turn.” He told the driver.

 

--

 

He walked inside the bakery. He saw Changmin assisting his workers.

 

“What are you doing here?” Changmin narrowed his eyes as soon as he saw Seunghyun.

 

“Jaekyung, tell me where she is!!!!!” he gripped Changmin’s shirt. Changmin pulled his hands off.

 

“Should you be the one who should know? And if I know where she is I won’t tell you.” They gave each other death glares.

 

“If I knew you’re hiding her, you’re dead.” He told Changmin and he left the bakery, slamming the door.

 

--

 

It was 8pm already, and he still hasn’t found Jaekyung. He went to her old school, to her uncle’s house, which was locked, but she was nowhere to find. Then he thought of Minhee, he quickly went to her house.

 

“No, Jaekyung didn’t go here. She didn’t contact me throughout the day. “ Minhee told him. “But I know a place she could have gone.”

 

--

 

“The stars are so bright tonight, good thing I brought my camera, and I’ll be able to take pictures of you.” Jaekyung was sitting alone on the bench in a park, it was dark already, and only a few people were left walking there.

 

Jaekyung was sitting there peacefully when she saw someone walking fast, approaching her. Her eyes widened, it was Seunghyun. She stood frozen. She felt nervous, she was scared. She bit her lower lip. He must be angry. She thought.

 

“You think you can just escape? You think you can get away? How dare you do this!” Seunghyun yelled at her as soon as he was standing in front of her.

 

Jaekyung looked down. “I wasn’t trying to escape, I just missed this place so I-“

 

“So you think it will be fine going here without telling me!? Say goodbye to this place ‘cause once we’re home you won’t be able to get out!” he grabbed her wrist tightly, Jaekyung felt his tight grip as it was like crushing her wrist.

 

“Stop! Stop please!” she was already crying. “Why would you still look for me? Aren’t you just playing around? You think just because I am yours you can go play with my feelings? You don’t know how I feel, I feel so suffocated, I feel like I’m a prisoner, I can’t do everything I want, I have to listen and follow to every single thing you say, while you are just toying me all along!” she burst out, tears streaming down her cheeks.

 

Seunghyun quickly stopped when she finished speaking, he turned to her and slapped her. Jaekyung was surprised, it didn’t made tears stop from pouring.

 

“You think I’m just playing you? Do you even know how worried I am? When I heard you were not in school I was worried that something might have happened to you!! When I don’t know where to find you I feel like I’m going crazy and I don’t know why!! And this place, do you even know how dangerous this place is and you’re just sitting here calmly while it gets darker!!” Seunghyun shouted. He covered his face, trying to calm himself.

 

Jaekyung bent down, and she cried harder. Seunghyun bent down as well, wiping the hair covering her face aside. He saw the side of her lips swelling a little, with blood that was caused by his unintentional slap.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry Jaekyung. Please stop.” They stood and he hugged her, Jaekyung’s face buried on his chest, she was still crying. Seunghyun rubbed her hair gently. “I was selfish, I didn’t know you were getting hurt.”

 

“I’m sorry Jaekyung, stop crying please.” He cupped her face. “You look so weak when you’re crying, so stop now.” He wiped her tears from her cheeks. “Let’s go home now, it’s getting darker.”

 

He piggybacked Jaekyung then he walked slowly. Jaekyung fell asleep fast, she was so tired then.

 

Seunghyun was getting near to the car which was parked at the side of the street when someone suddenly walked to him, it was Changmin.

 

Seunghyun continued walking passed him.

 

“I don’t know how you two end up being together, but I’ll find it out soon.” Changmin said.

 

Seunghyun looked back at him. “I don’t care what you find out.” He glared at him.

 

“If you ever make her cry, I promise you, I’ll do everything to get her back.” Changmin warned him.

 

“Sorry, she was never yours to begin with. What’s mine is mine until whenever. You can’t have her as long as I am breathing.” Seunghyun smirked then he continued walking, carrying a sleeping Jaekyung.

 

--

 

Chapter 11 Updated! Sorry, I said it will be loaded with funny scenes, but it’s on chapter 12.. This is rather a sweet chapter than a funny..lols.. :3 too bad Jaekyung was sleeping.. :/ lol..xD so, do you like this chapter?? I hope I didn’t disappoint you in anyway..:3

 

@yenisvip12 wow, thank you for saying that!! You made me really smile..;D yeah, I don’t want to make his grandma a villain, thank you for saying it’s unique! Thank you for reading!!! ^.^

@renaiseuhyun84 yeah, hihi, and I think in this chapter, he’s sweeter.. ^.^ thanks for reading!!

@neversayaye lols! Yeah, the mother in Secret Garden is just.. evil..:( thank you for loving it! It’s okay, and you commented already!!^.^ thank you for reading!!!

@JVIP13 yeah it’s Minhee!! Hahaha!!xD yeah, grandma is.. ^.^ and she’s not that bad! xD thanks for reading!!

@kangana you’re right! Jaekyung went with the flow.. xD oh yeah, his feelings must be progressing but he doesn’t know..lol! thank you for reading!! ^.^

@kpopaddx_cj2 thanks for loving those scenes!! xD I guess, we all have a Minhee friend, but yeah, it can’t be all..xD thanks for reading!!

@pinkypn Changmin seems to like her, well for Jaekyung, not sure..:DD yeah, Minhee caught Seungri’s eyes..xD  thank you for reading!!

 

-I know I say this like for every chapter, but really, I wanted to thank you all those who reads, subscribed, specially those who gives me their comments! I always read the comments like maybe twice, thrice, or more..lol.. I find it really inspiring.. thank you guys! ^.^ I hope y’all continue to read this! Take care everyone!