Chapter 23 : Snowy Wish

It Started With A Debt

 

 

“Jaekyung, I think I forgot my phone in Seunghyun’s room when I went there, can you get it for me?” Seunghyun’s mother approached Jaekyung when she woke up the next morning.

 

“No problem.” Jaekyung smiled and went to Seunghyun’s room. She knocked at the door. “Yah Choi Seunghyun! Your mother said she left her phone in your room!” she shouted but she could hear nothing inside. Jaekyung sighed, she was very careful not just to enter at Seunghyun’s room, for she didn’t want to happen again what had happened before, when she saw what she musn’t.

 

She halfly opened the door and peeked inside, she could see him sleeping on his bed so she decided to enter peacefully. She slowly walked towards the bed, she bent down to have a better view of Seunghyun’s face while he sleeps. Her brows furrowed, “He got a perfect jawline, he looks like a child when he sleeps,” Jaekyung mumbled to herself as she stare at Seunghyun. “His skin is flawless,” she leaned closer as she trailed her eyes all over Seunghyun’s face, her eyes stopped at the sight of his lips. She leaned closer, her face was so close to his, I can’t believe his lips has touched mine twice already, she thought. She bit her lip, she was so lost into staring when suddenly, Seunghyun opened his eyes, Jaekyung’s eyes widened.

 

“Attempting to kiss me while I’m sleeping?” He smirked. Jaekyung moved back, she almost stumbled on the floor.

 

“I-I’m not! I’m looking for your mom’s phone, she said she left it here.” Jaekyung stuttered.

 

Seunghyun sat up. “Does it look like her phone’s on my face?” he chuckled.

 

Jaekyung averted his eyes. “It’s not that, I-I, where’s her phone so I could go now.” She stood from the floor.

 

“I don’t know, do you think her phone’s really here? She must be tricking you.” He laughed.

 

Jaekyung hissed. “Why didn’t I thought of that.” Then she walked to the door.

 

“Jaekyung,” Seunghyun suddenly called her. She stopped and turned to him with a what-is-it expression. “Thanks for saying my jawline’s perfect.” He smirked.

 

Jaekyung’s jaw dropped. She felt very embarrassed that he heard everything she said earlier. She quickly left the room without saying anything.

--

 

“Auntie, are you sure your phone’s in his room?” Jaekyung pouted as she sat with Seunghyun’s mom in the kitchen.

 

“Oh, it’s with me now, I forgot it was in the living room, sorry!” Seunghyun’s mom grinned.

 

Jaekyung puffed her cheeks. “You didn’t forget it, you just made me go in his room.”

 

Seunghyun’s mom laughed. “Has he woken? Oh, Jaekyung, it’s Christmas tomorrow, we should buy food for tonight and tomorrow.”

 

Jaekyung almost forgot. She couldn’t believe it was already Christmas. She questioned herself if she’ll be celebrating it with Seunghyun, or she should request to go to Minhee’s house rather, since her uncle was still nowhere to be found.

 

“Jaekyung? You’re celebrating it with us right? Come on, pretty soon we’ll be your family.” Seunghyun’s mother smiled at her.

 

Jaekyung didn’t know what to say. She knew that there was no way she’ll be with Seunghyun. She thought she has to just focus on paying him, and try to control what she feel, most importantly, try to kill it. She told herself that what she feels should just stay with herself.

 

“Ahh, I think I’ll stay in my friend’s house since my uncle is not in Seoul.” She half-smiled.

 

“Who told you that you can? You’re staying here.” Seunghyun just entered the dining room and sat beside his mom.

 

“Seunghyun, you’re being a dictator to your future wife.” His mom scolded him.

 

“Don’t worry, she’s used to that.” Seunghyun grinned. Jaekyung rolled her eyes.

 

“Auntie, you said we’ll buy food right? I’ll just change clothes.” Jaekyung smiled at Seunghyun’s mom and left.

 

“Where are you going?” Seunghyun looked at his mom, confused.

 

“We’ll be buying groceries for later, you can’t go with us, your grandma just called me, she said you have to go to the hotel at lunch.” Seunghyun’s mom stood and left as well.

 

--

 

“What is it? Why did you asked me to come here?” Seunghyun went to his grandma’s office in their hotel.

 

“We’ll have lunch with someone, go with me.” His grandma quickly said.

 

--

 

“Jaekyung, what should we buy?” she and Seunghyun’s mom were in the grocery to buy food for the Christmas eve. “Oh, let’s just grab everything that looks delicious.”

 

“What? Wait, Auntie, I think you’re getting too many food!” Jaekyung looked at all the food that Seunghyun’s mom was putting in their cart.

 

“Seunghyun’s friends will be there as well, don’t worry, and some of Mr. Kim’s men will be staying.” Seunghyun’s mother flushed a smile at her.

 

“Mr. Kim’s men? So you know about all that your son’s been doing?” Jaekyung was fixing the wines that Seunghyun’s mom has put in the cart.

 

“Oh, yes of course! I’m not against what he’s doing, you think I’m spoiling him, don’t you? Seunghyun, I know he’s doing fine. He’s just not ready to take over the hotel yet.”

 

“But, how about the fights he’s been having with other people?” Jaekyung asked.

 

“Oh, well, I’m quite worried with that, but, I’m sure one day he’ll end up having those senseless fights.” Seunghyun’s mom stopped and looked at Jaekyung intensely. “Jaekyung, You love my son right?”

 

--

 

“Why are we here with them?” Seunghyun was annoyed. They were in a restaurant dining in a table of four, beside him was his grandma, opposite them were Hana, and her mother.

 

“I also don’t know, they were the one who invited me for lunch. Now Mrs. Park can you tell us why you invited us here?” Seunghyun’s grandma narrowed her eyes, she wasn’t even eating.

 

“Well, you see, I wanted really to talk about this with you for a long time.” Hana’s mother smiled.

 

“What is it that you want to talk about?” Seunghyun’s grandma was near to being irritated. Seunghyun was just spacing out not even caring about what they were talking about.

 

“I think my daughter and your grandson would really look good as a couple, don’t you think? After all, Hana really likes Seunghyun, and Hana here, I think she would match him.” Hana’s mother explained slowly.

 

“I think so too, I heard you’re studying fashion?” Seunghyun’s grandma looked at Hana.

 

“Yes, I am.” Hana bowed politely at his grandma.

 

“You see, Hana, she’s pretty and intelligent as well. And our families are really good friends. I don’t see a reason why they won’t get along.” Hana’s mother laughed softly.

 

--

 

Jaekyung was stuttering. “I-I”

 

“Jaekyung?” Seunghyun’s mom was waiting for her answer.

 

Jaekyung gulped, “Yes, I love your son.” She half smiled.

 

Seunghyun’s mom grinned. “I thought so! Well then, promise me one thing Jaekyung, don’t leave him.”

 

“W-what?” Jaekyung’s eyes widened.

 

“Don’t leave my son, be by his side no matter what okay?”

 

Jaekyung sighed. “But, I think I’m not the right one for him.”

 

“Why did you say that?” Seunghyun’s mom frowned.

 

“I, I’m..” Jaekyung paused, she didn’t know but she suddenly felt uneasy.

 

--

 

“Yes, I won’t argue with her being intelligent and pretty. She could be a good match to my grandson, but if you want her for him I think you’re too late.” Seunghyun’s grandma said, which made Seunghyun look at her with wide eyes.

 

“What? What do you mean?” Hana’s mother was bemused.

 

“My grandson has a girlfriend already, and they’re engaged.” Seunghyun’s grandma said.

 

“Who? Engaged?!” Hana was shocked. “Is it that girl with you in that clothes store?” she looked at Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun just scoffed at her.

 

“But she’s, she can’t be! She’s not worth it!” Hana almost shouted.

 

Seunghyun’s grandma raised her eyebrow. “And why is she not?”

 

Hana took a deep breath. “She may not even be rich, and she looks like she’s a gold digger!”

 

“Don’t you dare call her that.” Seunghyun gave Hana a death glare.

 

“Why not? Am I not right? You just bought her something from there, I can see she just wants your money.” Hana hissed.

 

“She’s not like that, don’t you try insult her in-“Seunghyun was trying to control himself when his grandma spoke.

 

“Stop. I think we have settled whatever it is you wanted to tell us. Unfortunately, I think I won’t be able to agree with you this time. It’s my grandson’s choice, let’s go, I have a lot of things to do.” Seunghyun’s grandma stood and started walking off, Seunghyun followed.

 

--

 

“If you don’t want other people to interfere more in your life you better marry her as soon as possible, I don’t want any more scenes like that.” Seunghyun’s grandma told him as soon as they arrived at the hotel.

 

“Marry her?!” Seunghyun almost yelled at his grandma.

 

“Why? Is there something wrong with that? I thought you’re engaged?” his grandma narrowed her eyes at him. “I think it’s better if you marry her soon before that Hana interferes, I don’t like her attitude, and I don’t want a granddaughter-in-law like her. Marry her already or I’ll force you to marry another one.”

 

Seunghyun felt like he’s going crazy.

 

--

 

“Marry her? Jaekyung?” Jiyong chuckled. He and Seunghyun were in the café chatting.

 

“Can we get married without Jaekyung knowing?” Seunghyun was thinking.

 

“What!? Are you crazy? Of course not, that’s impossible.” Jiyong laughed at him.

 

“What if I blackmail her? Like maybe I’ll tell her I’ll kill her if she won’t marry me?” Seunghyun was thinking of different ideas that seem to be unnecessary.

 

“What? Pfft, she won’t believe in that, and wait, do you want to marry her in the first place?” Jiyong was grinning at him.

 

“What? I, well, I can marry her then I’ll just divorce with her sooner.”

 

“Are you insane? I don’t think it’ll be just easy like that. Why won’t you just say that you already like her! Aissh, I think I’m going crazy as well!!” Jiyong said. “Just say that you like her cause I can see it hyung!! What’s the sense of denying it!!?” Jiyong was almost pissed, he scratched the back of his head.

 

“You’re just mistaken! I just like having her around!” Seunghyun scoffed.

 

“And that can even be a sign that you like her!” Jiyong just wanted to stab Seunghyun.

 

--

 

“I’m sorry Jaekyung, I should have just let you bake alone, I made a mess, I’ll leave the baking to you.” Seunghyun’s mom was trying to help Jaekyung bake a cake but she was an epic fail in helping her. Both of them were already covered with flour.

 

“It’s okay, I’ll just clean this later auntie.” Jaekyung smiled.

 

“So, you’re busy making food here.” Jaejoong just popped out of nowhere. “Hello auntie!” he smiled at Seunghyun’s mom.

 

“Are you staying tonight? Oh my, you’re becoming more and more handsome.” Seunghyun’s mom smiled back.

 

“Yes, my parents are in Japan right now. If it’s okay with you.” Jaejoong smirked. “How are you Jaekyung?” Jaejoong put his arm around Jaekyung’s shoulder, this made her blush and embarrassed, the way she looked right now, her face was filled with flour.

 

“Yah Hyung! Don’t touch her!” Seunghyun finally came, he’s with Jiyong.

 

“Why? I just wanted to give her a kiss again.” Jaejoong let out a devilish grin.

 

Seunghyun swiftly grabbed Jaekyung’s wrist and pulled her behind him. “Hyung, please, we’re getting married in a month.”

 

Jaekyung’s eyes widened. “What are you saying getting married in a month?”

 

Jiyong was laughing at the corner while Jaejoong was giving off an is-it-true expression.

 

“Is that true? In a month already!!” Seunghyun’s mom shouted in glee.

 

“No! He’s just making it up!!” Jaekyung tried to take his hand off hers.

 

“I’m not making it up! I’m serious!” Seunghyun glared at Jaekyung.

 

“He’s serious?” Jaekyung looked at Jiyong. He nodded, grinning widely.

 

“No you can’t be!” Jaekyung shouted at Seunghyun. He just stuck his tongue out.

 

--

“Pfft, what does he think he is, he can’t just do everything he likes.” Jaekyung was cleaning the kitchen. It was midnight already, everyone else were in the living room, Seungri came,and he was even with Minhee (because Minhee said she has to tell something to Jaekyung) then Jaejoong, Jiyong and Youngbae. Daesung was with Jiyoung in his house so they weren’t able to come. It was Christmas.

 

Jaekyung was wiping the kitchen table when her phone rang; she grabbed it from her pocket and answered it.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Jaekyung, Merry Christmas.” It was Changmin in the other line.

 

“Merry Christmas! I was about to call you later.” Jaekyung smiled.

 

--

 

Changmin was leaning on the wall near the gate of Seunghyun’s house then he left something in front and started walking away. “I really crave for your voice so I already called you, um, Jaekyung, can you go outside? I left something there for you. Merry Christmas again.” Changmin hung up. “And I love you.” he muttered.

 

--

 

Jaekyung swiftly ran towards the gate and opened it. “Changmin!” but he was not there, instead, she saw a small paper bag, she picked it up. She looked around to look for Changmin. Jaekyung walked further, looking for him here and there until she finally saw him walking, he was a little distant but she know it was him.

 

Jaekyung ran towards him. “Changmin!” she shouted, she threw snow on him.  Changmin turned and he saw Jaekyung running towards him but then she squeeked, slipping. Changmin chuckled then walked towards her.

 

“How clumsy can you get?” He was now standing looking down at Jaekyung who was rubbing her back.

 

“Aigoo, will you help me get up?” Jaekyung gestured him to assist her to stand, Changmin bent down to her leve, then he grabbed some snow and threw it on her face instead. Jaekyung screamed, she took revenge by doing the same thing.

 

“Aissh, you’re back to your old self, you’re a bully again.” Jaekyung glared at him first, then she smiled.

 

“I just missed you, I thought I won’t get to see you this Christmas, that’s inappropriate right? I guess I have to get use of not being able to celebrate it with you starting now.” Changmin frowned.

 

Jaekyung threw more snow on his face. “Don’t do that, it doesn’t fit you! We can still celebrate it together every year just like the previous ones.”

 

“But it seem like you belong to someone else already.” Changmin narrowed his eyes.

 

“Pfft, that’s not a valid reason. We’re friends.” Jaekyung stood, brushing off the snow all over her clothes. Changmin stood as well.

 

“So what is this that you gave me?” Jaekyung opened the paper bag. Inside it was a new DSLR camera. “No, you’re kidding, I can’t take-“

 

“I bought that personally for you, don’t give it back.” Changmin said.

 

Jaekyung hissed. “Okay then, but don’t give me something like this again.” She started walking but Changmin moved his foot in a way that would make her trip, and he was successful, Jaekyung tripped and fell on the snow.

 

“Yah!” Jaekyung glared at him, trying to regain herself again as she stood. Changmin was laughing.

 

“I’m leaving now, go back before he looks for you.” Changmin turned and started walking away. Jaekyung grabbed his wrist, making him stop.

 

“Don’t. I’ll, I-I’ll ask if I could go with you, even just until morning.” Jaekyung sighed. She was very worried about Changmin. She knew something’s bothering him, she knew him well. She could feel he’s not happy.

 

“You could stay with us if you like.” Someone just spoke suddenly. It was Seunghyun, he was leaning against the wall not too far from them, having his arms crossed.

 

Jaekyung and Changmin turned and looked at him in disbelief.

 

“What?! Go inside now, it’s getting cold here.” Seunghyun almost stuttered. He walked and left first.

 

“Let’s go?” Jaekyung smiled at Changmin as she dragged him with her.

 

--

 

They went inside and into the living room where everyone settled themselves partying. They could hear some voices singing karaoke.

 

“Oh, Jaekyung, where have you been? We’ve eaten a lot already, oh wait, who’s this?” Seunghyun’s mom looked at Changmin.

 

“He’s my friend.” Jaekyung smiled, she pushed Changmin and made him sit on the sofa. Jaekyung didn’t realize she made Changmin sit beside Seunghyun.

 

“Oh, so Max is here,” Jaejoong smirked, he was sitting on a couch drinking wine. “I gotta make him jealous as well.” He muttered, planning something in his mind again.

 

--

 

Updated Chapter 23! :3 Okay so I got a teaser, next chapter is very relevant.. :3 I guess..lol.. xD

 

@renaiseuhyun84lol! Yeah, he’s freaking jealous..:D oh yeah, she’s so lucky, two kisses in one day!! ^^ thanks for reading!

@pretty_jooyeonahihi, well, Jaejoong was successful making him jealous.. ^^ thanks for reading!

@RiBoSshihaha..xD oh well, his childish thinking was floating here..xD yeah, she’s a new, and irritating villain.. thanks for reading!

@JVIP13yes, he should know soon that he has to have her officially.. :3 oh well, it’s very soon!! Thanks for reading!

@specialleemeI love Jae as well! Haha, I’m a VIP but I like dbsk as well! ^^ yes he’s so y in that pic, I hope it’s not distracting you as you read..lmao! thanks for reading!

@ohmyyoungbaeyes she’s stupid and always getting in the way.. :3 yes dear, it’s very soon! Haha, sorry for keeping you waiting for that! Thanks for reading!

@yenisvip12yes she must stay away.. XD well, grandma doesn’t like her anyway, haha! Thanks for reading!

@kpopaddx_cj2well she’s a little obsessed with him.. :/ haha, I was smiling when I was typing that kissing part! Haha! Thanks for reading!

@lovis89I guess everyone hates her!! Haha..xD thanks for reading!

@neversayayereally? Sorry for that! I can’t think of any other names that could fit the character so I used Hana since it first popped out on my mind.. xD Thanks for reading!

@uknowkeyyeah he is!! Haha.. :3 Thanks for reading! Thanks for subscribing!

@kanganayes he is, and he’s just having fun teasing other people making them jealous! Lmao..xD really? Thanks! Oh well, I hope some script writer would think of that. :3 lol! Thanks, I didn’t know you’ll like it, I got a little scared that maybe you’ll find it not funny..xD Well, it’s not too lng until he couldn’t stand being just jealous anymore.. :3 Thanks for reading!

@rottintobreaklol! I think everyne hates her, let’s jut kill her in our minds..haha..xD thanks for reading!

@Passion1wow! You read it like that!!O.O thank you! T^T thank you for finding it entertaining!! :3 I hope I’ll get to entertain you more with this story until the very end..:D Thanks for reading!!!

@spongeyahaha, thanks! :D yes, I guess the background pic is disturbing..lol! I guess readers wouldn’t be able to concentrate, should I put it away? Kidding..hehe..xD Thanks for reading!!

@sweetestrebelwow, thank you!!:3 I hope I am able to satisfy you every chapter! I’ll do my best, and think f more unique ideas for the story! Thanks for reading!

@unknownyouyou troll again! Ahaha..thanks for reading it! Haha..xD oh well, it won’t be too long until he admits it.. :3 I guess their bickering is a big highlight..lmao! well, Changmin is a nice guy.. :/ sorry for hurting him! T^T thanks! Keep up the good work with your soshi fanfic as well!! ^^

 

-Thank you to everyone who reads this fanfic! Those who are subscribing, and the new ones, thank you so much! Most specially, to the commenters who never gets tired of leaving their feedbacks, thank you! Your comments are really inspiring and I always reads them more than once. Thank you so much, you’re the one who keeps this fanfic alive!! ;)