Chapter 3: And We Met

It Started With A Debt

 

She opened her eyes and found herself lying on a sofa. She sat up and realized her hands were cuffed behind her back. She tried to remember everything that happened.

 

“You’re finally awake.” A deep husky voice has spoken from her right side, Jaekyung tilted her head and saw a guy sitting on a couch, a dark-haired guy, maybe in his mid-twenties, he looked so classy and she felt like his eyes were seeing through her. He was undoubtedly, good-looking.  

 

“You okay?” his husky deep voice brought her back to reality since she was spacing out.

 

“Excuse me, but who are you? Where am I? Why am I handcuffed?” She was really scared inside, although she didn’t want to make it obvious to him.

 

But before he could respond, noises suddenly popped out from nowhere. She turned to where the sound was coming from, specifically, laughs, and then she saw those men, those men who entered their apartment.

 

“Oh, boss, that girl is awake already!” they moved closer until they’re standing beside the guy on the couch, some behind him. Boss? She thought. Finally she figured out everything. The guy sitting on the couch was the one her uncle has a debt to.

 

“Yeah, she just woke up, and she was asking who I am, where is she and why is she handcuffed.” He chuckled.

 

“Yah! Apologize to him! You don’t have any right to ask him questions! Do you even know who he is?” the man who has been talking to her in their apartment, has spoken to her.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s okay, just let it pass for now. Mr. Kim, give me the key and just leave us alone for a while.” That guy they called boss, said.

 

So that Mr. Kim and the other men with him left in peace. She followed them with her eyes as they leave. When she turned back, the guy on the couch was staring at her.

 

“Your name is Kwon Jaekyung right?” he picked up his glass of wine and drank.

 

“Yes, I am Jaekyung. Can you please let me go? I’ll pay my uncle’s debt, I promise I won’t run away. I just needed a little time, please.” She tried her luck. He put down the glass and glared at her.

 

“I don’t allow third options. My first option was money, and it was not given back. My second option was you, and I got it. You should be rather thankful, ‘cause I rarely allow second options as well. Don’t ever ask me again that, or I’ll punish you.” His eyes were looking straight into hers as he said it. She looked on the floor, no hope must be left. She couldn’t believe this was happening, it must be just a dream. She can’t be sold or became a payment to someone else. She never thought it was even possible. Her mind was in chaos.

 

“And, I just want to remind you, that you are now owned by me. You will, do whatever I tell you. I don’t want to hear any complains from you. Also, don’t ever try to leave this house if you are not told to do so, and most importantly, don’t ever try to escape.” He just explained her some rules that she don’t want to follow. I must be dreaming, or going crazy.

 

“What if I disregard your rules?” She asked him.

 

“Then you’ll suffer the consequences. Anyway, go to your room first and fix your things.” He threw the key to her and it landed beside her on the sofa. Then he stood and left.

 

She was struggling with unlocking the handcuff. It was pretty hard, he could have been a little nice and helped me unlock it but he left? What a jerk.

 

After like eons, She finally unlocked it. She sighed and stood up. She looked everywhere, her things were nowhere to be found, and there was no one, the house was actually so huge, and she was clueless about the room he said was hers. He didn’t tell her anything. Escape suddenly popped in her mind, but she thought she needed a better plan so maybe not now.

 

I wondered what it was that he would make me do. If this was a nightmare, I wish it would end soon. I roamed around the house. It was so large, that I felt like I don’t know where I was before already.

 

“Hey you!” She heard someone screaming behind her so she turned her back and saw one of those men that Mr. Kim was with. She stopped walking.

 

“Are you trying to escape huh?” he held her hand when he reached to the place she was standing.

 

“I’m not! I don’t know where to go, your boss said to fix my things to my room but he didn’t tell me where it is.” She explained.

 

“Oh, is that so? Alright, follow me, I’ll show you your room.” He started to walk, she followed him.

--

 

She thought she would probably end up in a stockroom, but she was wrong.

 

“It’s one of our boss’ guest’s rooms but he told us you’ll occupy it. Fix your things, and don’t ever come out of that room until you’re told. You’re going to have a hard time I am warning you.” He laughed as he closed the door and leave.

 

The room was simple but elegant, it was small though. There was a bathroom, and a cabinet, a glassed door occupying the other side of the room, which would lead to the terrace. She ran towards it, she wiped aside the curtain covering it, but the door was closed.

 

She went back to the bed, and gathered her things and started fixing them. All her stuffs were there. Uncle must have given them all my things. She still couldn’t believe what was currently happening. Her life must be ending now. She looked for her camera, and when she found it she gently put it on the desk just beside the bed.

 

She was in the midst of fixing her things when someone opened the door. It was the guy she was talking with, the one sitting on the couch. The one who owned her.

 

“I see your fixing your things, that’s good.” He sat down at the edge of the bed. Jaekyung continued fixing her stuffs, not even caring that someone was inside with her.

 

“Jaekyung, look at me.” He said in a low tone. Jaekyung hesitated, she sighed and looked at him frowning.

 

“Good. I forgot to introduce myself earlier, I am Choi Seunghyun.” He smirked.

 

“I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to say nice to meet you Choi Seunghyun.” She turned her back on him and continued fixing her things, she piled up her books.

 

“You’re not going to school anymore little girl.” He said and it made Jaekyung drop her books in surprise.

 

“What are you talking about?” she looked at him confused.

He chuckled. “I think I won’t let you go and continue your studying. You’re going to work at my nightclub and also, do house chores here in my house. That’s all I want you to do for now.”

 

“No! I’ll work hard, but please don’t make me stop my studying. I need to-“

 

He broke her off, “You just complained. Give me your books.” His tone was nearly mad.

 

“No, no I won’t let you dictate my life. I’ll pay you so I could leave you just have to-“

 

He picked her books, her other things that were essential to her studies, as well as her camera and her laptop. “This is your first punishment for complaining. You better ready yourself, you’ll start work tonight.” He then left the room and locked the door.

 

Jaekyung felt her world collapsing. She wanted to blame her uncle, but he was not even in front of her. Tears ran down her face as she sat on the floor. “What’s happening? Why is this happening to me?”

 

The only thing that occupied her mind after that was escape.

 

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3 updated! ^.^ Top finally came to the scene! Thank you for those who subscribe din my story. I hope you like it! *o* you inspire me to continue! I was planning to add comedy in this story, so probably the future chapters would have some funny scenes!! ^.^ Please look forward to it! Thank you again! Please give me your feedbacks, what do you think in this chapter? Thank you! ^.^