Chapter 7 : Both Blind

It Started With A Debt

 

“At a count of three, you run, okay?” he whispered in Jaekyung’s ear.

 

Jaekyung was just looking straight into the man in front of them, he looked like the same age or somehow a little older than Seunghyun. There were like 8 of them surrounding them, three in front, two on their left, and one on their right, and two on their left.

 

“What? You scared now! Better be, we’re going to take revenge. Nobody’s going to back you up now!” The man in front of them burst out. “And you miss, you look pretty, you don’t deserve someone like him, why don’t you just go with me and I’ll let my men take care of that trash.” He smirked as he looked at Jaekyung.

 

Seunghyun was still holding Jaekyung’s hand tightly. “This is between us, leave her alone.” He gave the man in front an evil glare.

 

“You’re right, I think you look cooler than him. He’s so childish, and he’s stupid. I think I can be better with you.” Jaekyung gave the man in front a seductive smile and she pulled off Seunghyun’s hand.

 

“What are you doing?” Seunghyun’s widened eyes stare on Jaekyung as she moved forward to the man.

 

“I think I’ll just go with you and leave him be.” Jaekyung took off her leather jacket, she hang it on her right shoulder, leaving her with only her sleeveless dress on.

 

“Jaekyung, what are you doing? Jaekyung don’t do this.” Seunghyun looked at her from behind. The leader seemed pleased with what he was seeing.

 

“Wow, looks like I can eat you up tonight.” He smirked and he moved closer to her, leaving a small amount of space in front, empty and passable. When he tried to put his arm around her shoulder, she quickly kicked his knee hard. The leader flinched. The two men in front bent down to their leader to help him. Jaekyung swiftly grabbed Seunghyun’s hand and she dragged him, they ran off as the other men were about to chase them. One of those men tried to grab Seunghyun’s arm but he failed.

 

“Jaekyung what are you doing?!” Seunghyun was asking her as they ran.

 

“Just run fast, I know this place well.” She told him. She knew the place well, since it was near to the amusement park, and she often goes there when she got free time before. She was heading for the place where there are lots of people.

 

But the men behind them were trailing in too fast as well. They actually separate, that’s why it became hard for Jaekyung to decide which way to go. Then she saw the alley, the alley where would lead them to the park crowded with people, she believed those men won’t start trouble when around numerous amount of people. She dragged Seunghyun there.

 

They’re almost near when two of those men they encountered earlier blocked their way. They tried to get back but another one was at their back. Worse, one of them was holding a wooden pipe.

 

“Where are you going? We’re not done playing yet.” Said one man.

 

“I’ll fight you off but leave her alone.” Seunghyun secured Jaekyung beside her.

 

“Leave her? When we’re done with you, that’s not possible.” The man behind them said. Then they attacked him. He fought back, he punched the first guy in the face then he kicked the other one, but it was fast, the man he just punched quickly regained himself. The man behind them, the one holding a pipe launched himself to attack Seunghyun while he was busy with the other two. Jaekyung saw him and she pushed him against the wall. He pushed her back and she stumbled, on the ground. He was about to hit her when she kicked his leg causing him to fall as well.

 

“Jaekyung!” Seunghyun shouted as he was still fighting with the two men.

 

The man Jaekyung was fighting off has stood earlier before her, he tried hitting her again, and when Jaekyung tried to stand up, it hit her left arm, she fell back as it hurt so badly.

 

“Jaekyung!” Seunghyun ran towards her when he saw the man was about to hit her again, he covered her and he was the one hit on his back. “Jaekyung, are you okay?” he said weakly as they both stumbled on the ground. He was on top of her, blocking her as he received all the attacks of the three men.

 

“What are you doing? Yah, you crazy!” Jaekyung tired to push him aside but she failed. Tears suddenly streamed down her face. She didn’t know why, but all she knew, those tears were not because of her hurt arm, she actually felt physically numb.

 

“Hey! You there!” some police just came to the alley. The three men saw them and they immediately ran off.

 

Jaekyung got up, she sat and tried to wake up Seunghyun, he was already unconscious. “Yah! Yah! Wake up!” she was shaking him as tears just kept flowing through her face. Bruises and blood has covered his face already.

 

“Help us! Help us please!” Jaekyung shouted at the police men.

 

“We need an ambulance now! Fast!” one of the police men called.

 

------

 

Seunghyun woke up, he slowly opened his eyes. He was in a hospital room. He was staring on the ceiling trying to remember what happened. He tilted his head and saw someone sleeping on the sofa, it was Jaekyung. Jaekyung has her clothes changed already.

 

“Jaekyung-ah,” he tried waking her up with his hoarse voice.

 

“Jaekyung-ah!” he tried again, but she isn’t waking up. He sighed. He saw a pen on a desk beside the bed and threw it to her, it just hit her leg. “Jaekyung!” he forced himself to shout but still, she wasn’t awake. He then threw her the pillow on his bed. It hit her face.

 

“Awww.” Jaekyung rolled on the sofa but she fell off. Seunghyun laughed at her weakly.

Jaekyung’s eyes widened, she tried to turn her head to the bed as she was on the floor, and there she saw him, awake.

 

“You’re awake!” she quickly stood up and walked fast to the bed. She sat on the chair beside the bed and smiled at him.

 

“Yeah,” he was still laughing.

 

“How could you laugh in that state? You just woke up? Aren’t you feeling any pain on your body?” Jaekyung asked.

 

“How could I not laugh? You’re funny.” He chuckled.

 

“You’re so weird I-“

 

Someone opened the door. It was Jiyong, with Seungri. “Oh? Hyung’s awake!” Seungri ran towards the side of the bed.

 

“Aishh Ri, for goodness’ sake this is a hospital!” Jiyong scolded him.

 

“How are you feeling?” Jiyong sat on the sofa where Jaekyung was sleeping earlier.

 

“Fine, I felt like I just fell from a building.” Seunghyun smirked.

 

“Good thing you don’t have any broken bones, your body must be metal but you’re full of bruises.” Seungri said.

 

“Don’t worry about the guys who attacked you, Mr. Kim and his men are hunting them.” Jiyong assured him.

 

“Are they the one we got a fight with one night in a club?” Seungri asked Jiyong.

 

“Yeah, it’s them. Tsk, Hyung’s just unfortunate they saw him alone with Jaekyung.” Jiyong added.

 

“Why not we get back on them?” Seungri suggested.

 

“That’s what I told Mr. Kim, but he doesn’t want.” Jiyong shook his head.

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll make them pay.” Seunghyun broke off.

 

“Jaekyung, how’s your arm?” Seungri looked at Jaekyung.

 

“It’s okay.” Jaekyung smiled at him. Her left arm was bandaged form her hand up trailing up to her elbow. Seunghyun sighed when he saw it.

 

“I told you to run alone! But you dragged me with you! If you only listen to me then you won’t have that on your arm!” he forced himself to shout at Jaekyung.

 

“What? Did you think I’ll just leave you there!? What will you think my conscience will tell me?” she backfired.

 

“You should have just thought of yourself that time! You even tried to seduce that guy, what will happen if he got you? You are crazy!”

 

“I’m not as selfish as you think I am!” Jaekyung was almost in tears, but she held it back. “They could have killed you if I left you there alone!”

 

“There they go again..stop that guys.” Seungri tried to calm them down.

 

“I’m sorry, I’ll just leave the room first.” Jaekyung stood and left the room.

 

“She was actually here all the time you’ve been sleeping, she never left.” Jiyong told him.

 

“And she hasn’t eaten yet, actually.” Seungri added.

 

“I didn’t ask her to stay here! She’s so stupid!” Seunghyun muttered.

 

“And you just let yourself be beaten for someone stupid like her.” Jiyong drank water.

 

“I just don’t—“ Seunghyun couldn’t find a reason to defend himself.

--

Jiyong and Seungri has left, and Jaekyung went back inside to look after Seunghyun.

 

They weren’t speaking to each other for half an hour. Seunghyun was just lying on the bed, staring blankly, while Jaekyung has her eyes closed as she lay on the sofa.

 

“Jaekyung, I know you’re awake. I’m sorry.” He was staring on the ceiling, his face, expressionless. “And thank you, for you didn’t took that time as an advantage to escape and leave for good.”

 

Jaekyung opened her eyes and sighed.

 

“Can you come closer?” he tilted his head on her direction. Jaekyung stood up and did what he just said.

 

“It’s my fault.” Jaekyung said as she sat on the chair beside him.

 

“No it’s not.” He looked at her with a serious expression.

 

“If I didn’t suggest that place, it wouldn’t have happened.” She looked down.

 

He sighed. “If you think it’s your fault then just do something and pay back.”

 

“Okay I’ll do anyt-“

 

Someone entered again. It’s Dony and Deuk.

 

“Hyung, it’s done, we made them pay!” they sat on the sofa, laughing.

 

“What did you do?” Seunghyun looked at them.

 

“It’s a secret! You don’t need to know!” Dony said.

 

“Oh, wait, I forgot to give this.” Dony brought out a box, it was the cookies Jaekyung baked.

 

“Sorry Jaekyung, we didn’t forget to give it to him! It’s just he left the house without us knowing, and don’t worry we didn’t eat any!” Dony apologized and he gave the box to Seunghyun. “Jaekyung baked that for you.” He added.

 

“It’s okay. Yah, let’s eat that, I’m hungry.” Jaekyung told Seunghyun. She was about to get the box from him but he didn’t allow her.

 

“No, go ahead and buy yourself a food! Aish, you gave this to me and then you’re going to eat them?” he scoffed. He suddenly sat.

 

“What?! I baked a lot so it’s fine, let’s eat that now!” she tried to snap away the box of cookies but she failed.

 

“Yah! Give me some! Just two cookies! I’m really hungry!” Jaekyung protested.

 

“Just buy your own food! This is mine!” Seunghyun buried the box under the pillow.

 

“What? But I’m too hungry to go down and buy already!” She pouted.

 

“Yah! You two go and buy her food, Ahh, my back, it hurts!” he lay back again on the bed.

 

“Let’s go Deuk, why do we have to witness their lover’s quarrel every time?” Dony and Deuk stood and left the room.

 

“What lover’s quarrel? Yah! She’s not my type! Don’t you ever think of it like that!” he shouted at them as they closed the door.

 

“And you’re not my type either!” Jaekyung glared at him.

 

“Oh yeah, ‘cause your type is that guy who attacked us, you said he’s cooler, and he’s not childish and stupid like me!” he turned to the other side not to face her.

 

“Yah! I only said it to deceive him!” Jaekyung defended herself.

 

“Whatever, If I’m childish then what are you? You don’t even know how to listen, you’re the immature one..” he muttered.

 

“What? What are you saying?!” she tried to make him face her, pulling his shoulder to make him turn.

 

“That hurts! Are you trying to kill me!??” He glared at her as he faced her.

 

Jaekyung was surprised. “I’m sorry, I don’t know it will hurt you. You’re such a whiny kid.” She mumbled.

 

“What?! Because it really hurts! Come here so I can make you feel how painful it is!” he then pinched her cheeks very hard until it became reddish.

 

“What are you doing!!!??” she pulled his hands off.

 

He stick his tongue out.

 

Jaekyung then snapped the box of cookies from under the pillow. “Gotcha!”

 

“Yah! How dare you steal that!!” He sat up and they tried hard to get the box from each other, both their hands on it. She used only her right hand since the left one was injured. Jaekyung gave all her force that she didn’t realize she was already on the bed as well.

 

“Don’t be too selfish I just want to eat some!” Jaekyung said.

 

“No! I won’t let you eat any!” then he kept on pulling the box with him until he successfully snapped it back, as Jaekyung lost her balance and she fell on top of him, their faces were so close to each other.

 

They were both frozen, their eyes both widened. They could feel each other’s breath, both their hearts beating fast.

 

 

“Ahh, Hmm, am I interrupting something?” Daesung just came in and has witnessed what was happening.

 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Updated Chapter 7!! ^.^ Thank you for everyone who reads my story and those who keeps on reading it!! ^.^ I’ll keep updating for you guys! I hope I didn’t disappoint you in any way, please give me your feedbacks and comments so I will know how to adjust! :D

I added some little drama here, but my aim is to really keep the romantic comedy going, so the upcoming chapters, I promise to load it with funny scenes until the end! ^.^

 

@kpopaddx_cj2 thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy it! ^.^

@Smiley7229 thank you! Lolls! I updated and I hope you like this latest chapter!! ^.^ I’ll keep updating! ^.^

@JVIP13 Yeah, Jaekyung didn’t leave him alone! xD

@renaiseuhyun84 Yes, love is gonna come very soon!! xD the cookies was given in this chapter! Thank you for reading! :D

@pinkypn sorry, I haven’t mentioned that.. Lbut yes, he bought her those new books.. ^.^

@kangana yeah, the start of this chapter was kind of dramatic.. xD the answer about the cookies is here in this chapter!! ^.^ yeah, Seungri fits the flirty, and funny image!! Lols!! xD Thank you for reading, and always commenting in every chapters! I love you! ^.^

 

-Thank you everyone who reads this! ;) You inspire me all! Specially those who gives me comments and feedbacks, my dearest thank you to all of you! ^.^