Chapter 24 : Blankly

It Started With A Debt

 

“Oh, I’ll go clean in the kitchen first.” Jaekyung swiftly left.

 

Everyone else has their own world: Seunghyun’s mother was busily talking with Youngbae and Jiyong. Seungri and Minhee, also chatting. Jaejoong was eyeing Changmin and Seunghyun who were both spacing out.

 

Jaejoong suddenly stood and left the living room. Both Changmin and Seunghyun’s eyes followed him as he left.

 

There was a long awkward moment of silence between Changmin and Seunghyun.

 

Until finally, Changmin decided to speak. “So, any news about Jaekyung’s uncle?”

 

Seunghyun sighed. “Nothing new, I still can’t find him.”

 

--

 

Jaekyung finished cleaning whatever mess was left in the kitchen earlier. She planned to go first to the garden to see the sight of snow.

 

“Enjoying the snow?” Jaejoong suddenly appeared of nowhere, he stood behind Jaekyung. She just smiled at him.

 

Jaekyung was silently watching the snow. On the other hand, Jaejoong, who was a few steps behind her, saw Changmin walking towards them. He thought he has to carry out his evil plan to make him jealous, and now was the right time.

 

Jaejoong called Jaekyung, she turned to him with a questioning expression. Jaejoong was moving closer to her when he accidentally tripped and fell, he tried to hold on to Jaekyung for support but it ended up both of them falling, him on top of her.

 

Both their eyes widened, as well as Changmin’s, he was walking closer but he stopped when he saw them. It was a fail attempt of Jaejoong. He was actually planning to hug her but it ended up differently. Worst was, Jaejoong’s hands landed on Jaekyung’s chest.

 

Jaekyung was in a state of shock that it was hard for her to move or speak. She could feel Jaejoong’s hands on her front. Jaejoong was clueless as well, he was not expecting this.

 

Changmin walked fast to them. Jaejoong finally snapped himself back, quickly, he jumped off Jaekyung, stumbling on snow.

 

“Omo, Jaekyung it’s not what you think, I’m so sorry!” he apologized

 

“Jaekyung! Are you alright?” Changmin bent down to her, Jaekyung hastenly sat up, she touched her cheeks, still stunned.

 

“Yah, Jaekyung, are you-“right before Changmin could comfort her, she speedily got up and ran away from the scene.

 

Jaejoong scratched the back of his head. “I wasn’t-really-it’s an accident-I’m not-It’s not what you think, you saw everything I tripped-I-“ he babbled.

 

Changmin chuckled. “I know what you’re trying to do, You crazy!”

 

“I, well. Her, you know, it’s not that big.” Jaejoong made a shape gesture of “it” using his hands.

 

Changmin threw snow at Jaejoong’s face. “How can you say that!?”

 

“Why? Am I wrong? Don’t tell me you’ve seen it?” Jaejoong grinned.

 

“Of-of course not!” Changmin stuttered, he threw more snow at Jaejoong.

 

“Yah! Stop that!” Jaejoong tried to dodge them.

 

--

 

Jaekyung went back in the kitchen, panting. “No, that couldn’t happen, no!” she shook her head.

 

“What couldn’t happen?”

 

Jaekyung jumpsed in surprise, she turned to see Seunghyun staring at her as if she’s a weird stranger.

 

“It’s-it’s nothing!” she averted his eyes, trying to fake a smile.

 

“You’re weird, Minhee’s looking for you.” Seunghyun said and he left.

 

--

 

“You said you’re going to say something to me?” Jaekyung and Minhee were in the kitchen talking.

 

“Yes, I guess I don’t know if you’ll be surprise, happy or sad, but-“ Minhee was nervous, she didn’t know how to say it to Jaekyung.

 

“But what!? You’re scaring me! Did something happen?” Jaekyung moved closer, she was looking at Minhee intensely.

 

“Well, me and Seungri Oppa, we’re-“ Minhee paused. “we’re already dating.”

 

“What!!!??” Jaekyung shouted, then she toned down her voice, “How did that happen?”

 

“Well, there was one time when I was in school, and I was about to leave but two of my annoying classmates blocked my way and asked me if I could go out with them, and then Seungi oppa, he went there at the right time, he actually fought them! I was scared ‘cause one of them was taller than him, but he still fought them, even though he gained a lot of bruises after that, I think I could see his sincerity.” Minhee smiled as if daydreaming.

 

Jaekyung hissed. “He just saved you one time and you think he’s sincere!”

 

“But I like him already!” Minhee lightly pushed Jaekyung.

 

Jaekyung sighed. “Whatever, you should still be careful, he looks like a ert!”

 

“Aigoo Jaekyung, he doesn’t look like that!” Minhee pouted.

 

“He looks like one to me.” Jaekyung muttered.

 

--

 

After 2 days.

 

“Jaekyung, Jaekyung, wake up, hyung said you’re going somewhere.” Dony was poking Jaekyung many times, but she just covered herself more in a blanket.

 

“Tell him to go alone I don’t want to go anywhere with him.” She said sleepily.

 

“If I tell that to him he’ll just get mad, get up already.” Dony kept on poking her. He gave up and went out.

 

After a few minutes, Seunghyun slammed the bedroom’s door. “Yah! Will you get up!” he shouted at Jaekyung but she barely listened.

 

He pulled the blanket off her. “Get up already!”

 

Jaekyung yawned, rubbing her eyes. “What is your problem? It’s so early.”

 

“We’re going somewhere so you better get up.” He grabbed her hands and pulled her up forcely.

 

Jaekyung scratched the back of her head. “Aigoo, you know what, you better apply as a human alarm clock, you’re good at ruining people’s peaceful mornings.” She jumped off the bed.

 

--

 

They went to a mall.

 

“What are we doing here? If you’re going to shop you should have gone here alone.” Jaekyung scoffed.

 

“Ssh! don’t speak!” Seunghyun held her hand tightly. Jaekyung rolled her eyes.

 

They headed to an expensive jewelry store.

 

“What are we doing here?” Jaekyung was confused, he refused to answer her.

 

One of the ladies in the store bowed her head to them. “Good day! Anything I can do for you sir?”

 

“I want to try this, and also this.” Seunghyun pointed at the two pair of rings. The lady brought out what he asked for, then he picked up one pair. He grabbed Jaekyung’s hand and he put one ring on her.

 

“What the hell are you doing?” Jaekyung looked at him in confusion.

 

“It’s so plain.” Seunghyun wasn’t listening to her. He picked the other pair, then he tried on the other ring to her.

 

“Yah! Choi Seunghyun! What are you doing?” Jaekyung was struggling to pull her hand from Seunghyun’s grip.

 

“It feels like it’s not that good.” Seunghyun was talking to himself.

 

“You can order for customized ones. When is the wedding date? If it’s maybe two weeks later it will be readied at once.” The lady suggested.

 

Jaekyung’s eyes widened. “Wedding? What wedding? Who’s getting married?”

 

“I guess it will be third week from today.” Seunghyun told the lady.

 

“Oh, it’s fine then. Just give us what kind of pair of ring you prefer.” The lady said.

 

“Yah! Will you talk to me!?” Jaekyung was pissed that she hit Seunghyun on his shoulder.

 

The lady laughed softly. “Your fiancé seem to be clueless.”

 

Jaekyung looked at the lady. “Fiancé?” She finally realized what they were doing, she glared at Seunghyun. “Tell me you’re pranking me.”

 

“I’ll come back probably the day after tomorrow.” He told the lady and dragged Jaekyung outside.

 

“Yah! Are you deaf? Will you talk to me? Will you tell me what are you planning?” Jaekyung was pissed already.

 

Seunghyun ignored her as he pushed her inside the car. “Let’s go.” He told the driver as he got in.

 

“Aissh, this guy.” Jaekyung hissed, she looked outside the window.

 

--

 

They got home at around 4 in the afternoon.

 

“Hyung, someone’s waiting for you.” Deuk quickly told Seunghyun right as he got out of the car.

 

“Who?” Seunghyun went inside fastly. His eyes widened, he didn’t expect who it was.

 

Jaekyung got out of the car as well, still in a bad mood since Seunghyun ruined her day.

 

“Why are you standing here? It’s like you’ve seen a gho-“ Jaekyung was staring at Seunghyun then she looked to what he was looking. She was surprised. Her eyes widened as well.

 

“Uncle?” She just stared at her uncle, not knowing what to do. Her uncle stood from where he was sitting. He still looked the same, but he managed to wear better clothes this time.

 

“Jaekyung, how have you been doing?” her uncle was almost teary eyed. He smiled at her.

 

“What are you doing here?” Seunghyun glared at him.

 

“I’m here because I’m ready to pay you my debt.” Jaekyung’s uncle brought out what seemed to be a check. “Here, 20 million won. Please release my niece.”

 

Jaekyung didn’t know what to feel, she gulped. “Where did you get the money? Where have you been?”

 

“I, I went abroad to look for a good friend of mine, he lend me money, I worked for him for two months. He’s my long time friend and he knows my situation. He’s a business man, don’t worry he asked me to pay it when I have money already.” Jaekyung’s uncle explained. “Now please take this, I’m sorry it took me a long time.”

 

“No.” Seunghyun said.

 

Jaekyung looked at Seunghyun. “What? He has the money already.” She suddenly thought she has to go now. She thought she, should leave as quickly as possible. She has to go back to her real life, and end her dream of being beside him.

 

“I’m not asking for you to pay it back. Your niece is the payment, I decided I want it that way.” Seunghyun’s expressionless face didn’t change.

 

“But, it was me who owed you. Please, just let her go! She’s innocent, she’s-“

 

“I won’t.” Seunghyun said.

 

“Choi Seunghyun,you’re being unfair. I’m, I’m going to pack my things.” Jaekyung was holding back her tears. She started walking.

 

“No you don’t. Stay in your room.” Seunghyun said, not looking at her.

 

Jaekyung looked back. “What? No, I’m going to leave.”

 

“Bring her to her room, and lock the door.” Seunghyun told Mr.Kim’s men.

 

Two of them held Jaekyung’s wrists.

 

“What are you doing!!? Let me go! No!” Jaekyung was struggling but her force was too weak. She was being dragged to her room. “Let me go!” she tried her every force to free herself, but she failed. They reached her room, they pushed her inside, then they quickly closed the door, locking it.

 

“Yah! Don’t do this!” Jaekyung kept on trying every way to open the door.

 

--

 

“Are you being a little mean? It’s me who owed you money. Jaekyung’s out of this. Please let her go.” Jaekyung’s uncle pleaded.

 

“Aren’t you the one who told me to take her before instead? You think you can just come here and get her like this?” Seunghyun clenched his fist.

 

Jaekyung’s uncle was trembling. “It’s my fault, I was scared that time I didn’t know what I was thinking, that’s why after that I tried every way to earn money. Please, my conscience won’t leave me, her father won’t want this. I can’t let her suffer.”

 

“Leave. Before I force you to.” Seunghyun walked away leaving Jaekyung’s uncle.

 

--

 

Jaekyung was sitting on the floor, leaning against the door, tears were streaming down her face. She was really surprised at what happened. But she knew to herself that she has to end her silly happiness beside Seunghyun. She has to go back to reality: that she was just there to pay him her debt, and nothing else. She told herself, that no matter what, he’ll surely won’t like her back, and treat her as someone special. She believed she has to go and leave, go back to her normal life, and forget about him. Our lives are very different. She thought.

 

--

 

Seunghyun was sitting on the sofa in the living room, drinking wine. He didn’t know what has gotten to his mind, but he seemed to couldn’t let Jaekyung leave right now. He has emptied one bottle already, and he opened another one.

 

“May I drink with you?” It was Mr. Kim who just came.

 

“Yes, please.” Seunghyun half-smiled. Mr. Kim sat beside him. Seunghyun offered him a glass of wine.

 

“The key is, just admit it to yourself once you realize it, do not deny it.” Mr. Kim said.

 

“What do you mean?” Seunghyun looked at him.

 

“It’ll make things simplier.”Mr. Kim smiled.

 

--

 

“Please, open up!” Jaekyung kept on hitting the door with her hands for approximately an hour already. She sighed, she gave up. She leaned against the door once again and sat on the floor.

 

Her eyes were still filled with tears, she wiped them off with her hands, but they seemed endless. There were a lot of reasons for her tears: one would be, she was not ready of leaving Seunghyun, another one was, she knew she should leave, she believed it was wrong to stay, and many others.

 

--

 

The next morning, Dony opened the door of Jaekyung’s room. He accidentally hit Jaekyung since she has fallen asleep on the floor beside the door. Jaekyung slightly opened her eyes.

 

“Sorry Jaekyung, um, hyung said that you can pack your things and leave.” Dony frowned.

 

Jaekyung quickly sat up. “Really? That’s-that’s great.” She half-smiled.

 

“Where is he?” she thought she has to atleast say goodbye nicely.

 

“He left early this morning. He just told me that you can already go.” Dony sighed. “I’ll miss you Jaekyung, well, I’ll just see you downstairs.” He left.

 

Jaekyung let out a deep sigh. She thought Seunghyun wouldn’t even care saying goodbye to her, what is she after all?

 

--

 

Updated Chapter 24! ^^ Jaekyung’s uncle is back! So Top let her go officially.. =( I won’t tell anything for the next chapter.. :3 hihi that’s the teaser.. ^^

 

@JVIP13Yes, she’s the best grandma!! Haha.. :3 well, the marriage’s a little uncertain right now..=/ thanks for reading!^^

@renaiseuhyun84ahaha, Seunghyun even planned for the rings here.. oh well, =D yeah, his grandma and mother are good!^^ thanks for reading!^^

@MzChoiLee  lol! It’s what I want as well! Hahaha..xD thank you for reading the story!!^^

@proudvipthank you for loving the story!!! Thanks for reading!! ^^ I hope you’ll continue reading it, and I hope I’ll be able to satisfy you..hihi..:3

@neversayayewow, thank you for that! =) I hope it entertains you! ^^ thanks for reading! ^^ I promise to put much more effort in this story!! :3

@yenisvip12haha, me too I love them!! :3 oh yes, Jaejoong failed here.. hahhaa! xD thanks for reading!!^^

@kpopaddx_cj2I love them too!! ^^ so Jaejoong’s plan here was a failure..lmao! xD thanks for reading!^^

@sweetestrebelthank you! lol, I would be very happy if that happens! Haha!! xD How I wish it would!! :3 Thanks for reading!^^

@kangana yes, his mother seems to like Jaekyung.. ^^ haha, his grandma may sound scary sometimes.. but I guess she knows how to choose.. :3 yeah, he even looked for wedding rings in this chapter! Haha..xD Jaejoong’s plan’s in here! I hope it’s funny!! Haha..xD thank you so much for your detailed comments!! :3 Thank you for reading!^^

@RiboSshiI updated! Hihi.. thanks for reading!! ^^

 

-Thank you for all the new subscribers!! For all the subscribers, for the readers, for the silent readers. And specially for everyone who never gets tired of leaving their comments in every chapter! I love you so much! You inspire me a lot,though I keep saying this like forever, I guess I just can’t help being happy when I read your comments!! ^^ Thank you!! :3