Chapter 29 : Hindrances

It Started With A Debt

 

 

Two weeks passed and everything was going fine. Well, except for all the childish fights that was still unavoidable between Jaekyung and Seunghyun: like one time when Seunghyun, Jaekyung and Jaejoong were watching a variety show in the living room, and Jaekyung and Jaejoong were laughing hard sitting beside each other, Seunghyun turned off the television glaring at them and walking away not even saying a word. Or when Changmin would talk to Jaekyung and Seunghyun would just appear of nowhere dragging her away. Even in the simplest things, like when Seunghyun and Jaekyung played a combat video game and Seunghyun lost, he would immediately scold her, saying she was cheating and why was she even playing in the first place when he didn’t even allow her. Unsurprisingly, they would just fight, throwing crazy words with each other. Jaejoong was so used to it that sometimes he would just sit and watch them as if it was a daily show.

 

Changmin has left Seunghyun’s house, he said he didn’t want to stay longer and give problems to Seunghyun so he would just stay in his friend’s house, Yoochun. Seunghyun’s mother had a one month trip in Greece with her husband, that’s why it became harder for Seunghyun to make Jaekyung stay in his house. He would just bring her home at night. He even protested that he picked her up in the morning when she would go to work and yet Jaekyung won’t allow him, she would usually say, “I can take a bus!” or “I have feet.” These kinds of conversations usually end up in never ending quarrels.

 

Then this night, Seunghyun tricked Jaekyung by cuffing her right wrist on the headboard of his bed.

 

“Give me the key I have to go home!!” Jaekyung shouted at Seunghyun who was sitting, snickering on the edge of the bed.

 

He stuck his tongue out. “I won’t, I might as well throw the key. Oh, right, I’ll throw it.”

 

Jaekyung glared at him. “Give me the key!!”

 

“No! Just sleep here, no matter what you say I won’t release you.” He smirked, he stood and walked to the door.

 

“Yah! Where are you going? Don’t leave me here!” Jaekyung threw a pillow at Seunghyun.

 

Seunghyun turned and garbbed the pillow from the floor then he threw it back to Jaekyung. “Where am I going? I told you I’ll throw the key.” He stuck his tongue out once again and left, closing the door. He heard Jaekyung inside telling him to come back.

 

--

 

“Where’s Jaekyung?” Jaejoong was sitting on the sofa in the living room, watching a movie. Seunghyun sat on the couch.

 

“She’s in my room.” Seunghyun hid his smile.

 

Jaejoong eyed him weirdly. “She’ll sleep here?”

 

“Yeah,” Seunghyun nodded.

 

Jaejoong looked at the tv then back at Seunghyun. “She’s sleeping already? It’s just 8?”

 

“Yeah, she’s, she’s tired!” Seunghyun said defensely.

 

“Should I believe that?” Jaejoong stared at him.

 

Seunghyun just gave him a why-not expression.

 

“Well then, good thing she agreed to stay.” Jaejoong turned his eyes back on the television.

 

“Are you going to stay here in Seoul for good?” Seunghyun asked him.

 

“Why? Do you want me to leave your house already?” Jaejoong looked at him smirking.

 

“It’s not that, it’s just, what are you going to do here? Your family’s company’s in Tokyo!” Seunghyun said.

 

“Well, I’m planning to open my own restaurant here, and it’s boring there.” Jaejoong looked back on the television.

 

“Ohh, okay” Seunghyun nodded. He suddenly remembered Jaekyung hasn’t eaten dinner yet. “Oh! Damn it, is there food in the kitchen?”

 

“Yeah, why?” Jaejoong looked at him again, he began building suspicions.

 

Seunghyun swiftly walked away.

 

--

 

He went back bringing food to his room only to find Jaekyung already sleeping. He left the food on the table beside his bed. He stood beside the bed, staring at Jaekyung.

 

“Aissh this girl. How could she sleep like this?” he fixed her position so she was lying on the bed, her right wrist still cuffed on the headboard. He doubted if he would uncuff her, but he thought she might leave when she wake up so he just didn’t.

 

He secured the blanket on her. He bent down and lightly pinched her cheeks.

 

“So you’re holding a prisoner in your room.”

 

Seunghyun jumped in surprise. He tilted his head and saw Jaejoong walking towards the bed.

 

“Ssh! Hyung, tone down, if she wakes up, there’ll be chaos!” Seunghyun glared at Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong chuckled. “Why won’t you just propose to her and get married so you’ll be able to sleep beside each other every night and make babies.”

 

“Aissh, let’s talk outside you’re so loud!” Seunghyun was trying his best to tone down his voice.

 

“What?” Jaejoong was laughing when Seunghyun pushed him out of the room.

 

“I already talked to her about it, but she disagreed.” Seunghyun said as they were walking back to the living room.

 

“Really? Because it’s so sudden! Try to take things slowly.” Jaejoong said, he sat on the sofa as soon as they got to the living room.

 

“I don’t think she’ll agree, she’s right, we’re still too young.” Seunghyun sat beside Jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong remained silent for a while. “You’re right, it’s still too early though, but I think, it’s not a hindrance, if you really love each other, well. And your grandma, good thing she’s not asking you.”

 

Seunghyun sighed. “Yeah, she’s been busy enough to ask.”

 

“Well, I can help you if you want to propose to her?” Jaejoong grinned at Seunghyun.

 

--

 

Jaekyung woke up cuddled in Seunghyun’s arms.

 

“Choi Seunghyun,” she poked him several times. Seunghyun was awoken but he pretended to be sleeping.

 

“Yah! I have to go it’s morning already!” Jaekyung continuously poked him. “Give me the key, I have to go to work!”

 

Seunghyun turned and moved a little further from her, his back facing her. “I threw the key already.”

 

Jaekyung sat up. “I’m not playing around! I’ll be late, I have to go back to my apartment first before going to work, so hand me the key!”

 

Seunghyun glared at her. “Promise me first you’ll sleep here tonight.”

 

“Aigoo, okay, okay I’ll sleep here tonight. Now give me the key.” Jaekyung pouted.

 

“I’ll go with you.” Seunghyun said as he handed Jaekyung the key.

 

“No, I’ll be fine, I’m not a child.” She smiled at him and jumped off the bed to fix herself and her things.

 

--

 

Jaekyung was walking back to the apartment when she saw a car parked. She stopped when she saw who was going out of it: it was Changmin’s mom once again.

 

Changmin’s mom walked towards Jaekyung. Jaekyung lightly bowed to her.

 

“Where is my son?” she eyed Jaekyung.

 

“He’s not with me.” Jaekyung looked away.

 

“Tell me where he is! Tell me, are you planning to live with him far away? I’m warning you, I can do things beyond what you can imagine.” Changmin’s mom almost yelled at her.

 

“I don’t know where he is! And if I do, I won’t tell you. Do you know how much your son’s having a hard time? You’re pressuring him, he needs space, he has his own mind to make his own decisions.” Jaekyung looked at Changmin’s mom.

 

“How dare you talk-“ Changmin’s mom was about to slap her when someone stopped her hand, it was Changmin.

 

“Don’t hurt her.” Changmin told his mom.

“Why are you here? Are you two living with her?” His mom looked at Changmin then at Jaekyung.

 

“I went here because when I got back to the company to talk to you, your secretary told me you went here.” Changmin said. “I’m going back, just don’t bother Jaekyung anymore.”

 

“Changmin..” Jaekyung looked at him with doubt.

 

“I don’t care if you make me marry someone else, just don’t bother Jaekyung anymore.” Changmin said, his face, expressionless.

 

“Let’s talk in the company, not here.” His mom walked to the car.

 

“What are you doing?” Jaekyung held Changmin’s wrist to stop him.

 

“Doing what I should.” He pulled Jaekyung’s hand off him, not even looking at her, he left.

 

Jaekyung could feel her heavy heart. Changmin didn’t deserve this. She was going to lose her friend, and yet she couldn’t do anything with it.

 

The car finally drove off.  Jaekyung blankly went inside the apartment.

 

--

 

Jaekyung went to her work. She was fixing some books, yet, her mind was still occupied with what happened earlier with Changmin. She sighed.

 

“Jaekyung, someone’s looking for you.” Her co-worker told her. She quickly walked to the front door, and to her surprise, she saw Hana, standing there. She was wearing sunglasses, her usual dress outfit and high heels.

 

“Do you have time?” Hana smiled.

 

--

 

They went to a coffee shop nearby. Jaekyung didn’t dare sip on the coffee. Instead she was impatiently waiting for whatever Hana was going to say, she almost had enough for a day. First, Changmin’s mom then Hana.

 

“I’ll go straight to the point, I know you and Seunghyun oppa are dating.” Hana said.

 

“I don’t know how you came to that-“

“I saw you, I saw the two of you kissing in the elevator,” Hana let out a cynical chuckle. “How sweet, even in public places?”

 

Jaekyung just looked away.

 

“Do you really think it’s a good idea marrying him?” Hana raised her eyebrow.

 

Jaekyung’s brows furrowed. “What do you mean?”

 

“Seunghyun oppa, might really like you, however, I don’t think he, marrying you would do anything good to their family.” Hana paused for a while.  “Kwon Jaekyung, 22 years old, your parents died in a car accident when you were 14 years old, and lived with your uncle who was a gambler, who has multiple debts including a 20 million won debt to Choi Seunghyun.,and who sold you to him in exchange of his debt.”

 

Jaekyung’s eyes widened. “How did you-“

 

“Do you think I’ll let it off easily? I sensed something really wrong. I tried to figure out how you and Oppa met. I just can’t believe I got better results. What if Oppa’s grandma and mother knew about this? That you were just paying a debt to him? And how will they react if they knew your uncle was a gambler?” Hana smirked.

 

 “What exactly do you want to say?” Jaekyung sighed.

 

“Well, you’re not really worthy for him. And, also, I believe Oppa isn’t telling you, that they should be adding a branch of their hotel in Jeju, but because he didn’t wish to marry me, it has been stopped. Do you know that my family owned the top construction company in South Korea?” Hana said. “Do you want Oppa’s grandma to be the one to separate you? Do you want her to push you away?”

 

Jaekyung just looked at the table, wishing for time to stop because she couldn’t hold the pain anymore. She held back her tears. She thought she wasn’t really worthy of Seunghyun. Maybe not even close to being his friend. She thought she has no right to love him. She didn’t know if she even want Seunghyun’s mother and grandma to know about everything else.

 

“What do you want me to do?” Jaekyung looked at Hana, holding back her tears as she clenched her fist.

 

--

 

Okay, updated! ^^ Well, not really a happy one in the end of the chapter, there’ll be more twists on the next chapter!! xD Oh, and have you noticed, Jaekyung hasn’t said I love you to Seunghyun yet? Hehe..xD Well, I’ll try to make it 40 chapters for you guys.. ^^

 

@pinkypnyes he was being too fast! Haha..xD but right, and now Hana was on the way again..:/ Thanks for reading!

@rottintobreakYes she kissed him ..:3 hihi, Thanks for reading!

@neversayayehaha, not yet sure if the wedding would happen.. :DD we’ll find out soon!!^^ Thanks for reading!

@JVIP13hihi, well, I’ll try my best to satisfy you with the ending.. ^^ I’m still contemplating if I’ll mak it up to 40 chapters..since I think I’ll surpass 35..xD thanks for reading!

@spongeyahaha, I’ll think of that!! xD thanks for reading!

@MzChoiLeehaha, yes, but Jaekyung doesn’t want yet! Lol Thanks for reading!!^^

@proudviphaha, yeah, it’s official!! ^^ Thanks for reading!

@kpopaddx_cj2thanks!! Thanks for reading!

@jan888thanks!! ^^ thank you for reading!

@ohmyyoungbae haha, I’m not sure when’s the wedding..haha..xD I’ll try my best to make the ending as satisfying as pssible! xD thanks for reading!

@Passion1haha, yes they’re official! ^^ well, this chater is a glimpse of the twist that would happen in the next two chapters..xD thanks for reading!

@yenisvip12yeah! Don’t worry, I think their fights are not going to fade.. :3 ohh, I’ll try to make it a little longer, but maybe until chapter 40 only..Thanks for reading!

@RiBoSshi yes, :3 hihi, now we only need the wedding..haha.. thanks for reading!

 

-Thank you everyone who reads this! For the subcribers!! Thank you!! for all those who never gets tired of leaving their comments, thank you!! thank you for inspiring me!! I love you so much, you are the one who keeps this fanfic alive!! ^^