Chapter 20 : Rivalry

It Started With A Debt

 

Jaekyung ran back to Seunghyun’s house as fast as she could, she could feel herself catching cold already but it wasn’t important anymore.

 

“Choi Seunghyun!” Jaekyung was still panting as she swiftly went inside Seunghyun’s house, she saw some of Mr. Kim’s men and the twins talking.

 

“Jaekyung? What are you doing here?” Dony moved closer to her.

 

“Where is he?” Jaekyung was catching her breath.

 

“Hyung? He left, we don’t know where he went, he stormed outside and drove his car after you left.”

 

Jaekyung quickly ran outside after hearing Dony.

 

--

 

“Aiiisssh!! That’s right! You deserve that!” Seunghyun was playing fighting games in an arcade for like an hour already.

 

He was enjoying himself, throwing all his anger to what he was playing when suddenly: New Challenger! Has come up.

 

“What? Aissh, disturbing me, I’m almost on the last stage!” he took a glance into who was playing on the other side but he couldn’t see, he seem not interested so he played with the challenger instead.

 

It was round 5 already, the final one. In the end, Seunghyun lost to the challenger. “Urghh! Why did I lose? I’m gonna play again!” he looked on his pocket to get tokens when the person playing challenger from his opposite side threw him a crumpled paper. “Yah! Don’t you have some manners! You’re littering-“ then he was thrown again crumpled papers continuously. “Yah! I’m pissed off already! Let’s just make it a real man fight!” he stood and went to the opposite side to see who was it then his eyes widened.

 

“Jaekyung? What..” he was lost in words. He just stared at Jaekyung who was still playing the fighting game, smiling wide.

 

Finally, “Yah! Why are you here? Did you run away from him?!” he shouted at her.

 

Jaekyung chuckled still has her eyes locked on what she was playing. “Why would I run away from him? Changmin didn’t kidnap me.”

 

“Then what are you doing here? Are you showing it to my face that you’re free now!?” He gave her a deathly glare but Jaekyung wasn’t looking back.

 

“Ssh! Wait, I’m still playing! Ahh! I defeated Devil Jin!” Jaekyung was so into the game that Seunghyun got pissed, he grabbed her hand and dragged her outside.

 

“Yah! I’m still playing! How dare you just drag me!” Jaekyung shouted at him. She slightly grinned, entertained by Seunghyun’s pissed and confused face.

 

They stopped at the side of the street. “Why are you here huh? Are you really trying to piss me off? What? Aren’t you satisfied that you just left? Do you want to take revenge on me? Whatever you are trying to do it’s not working on me!” Seunghyun yelled at her. Jaekyung couldn’t contain her laugh anymore. She burst out laughing in front of him that she bent down due to too much laughing.

 

“What are you laughing at?! Yah! Ahh, Changmin must be here with you, he’s just hiding to see what I look like while you try to piss me off!” he scoffed.

 

Finally Jaekyung tried to compose herself as much as she could. “I’m not pissing you off, but you look like you are! And I didn’t just left you, you were the one who let go of me.” She grinned, trying to hide the laughter that was still trying to show.

 

Seunghyun glared at her. “Then why are you here?!”

 

“I’m looking for you, I went everywhere to find you!” Jaekyung pouted.

 

Seunghyun was surprised. “Why are you looking for me?” he averted her eyes.

 

Jaekyung sniffed, she’s getting cold already. “Give back the money Changmin gave you.”

 

Seunghyun sneered. “What? Why would I?”

 

“I’m going to pay you alone. I don’t want anyone else to pay it for me.” Jaekyung smiled.

 

Seunghyun chuckled. “What?! So, you’re going back?” Seunghyun was hiding his smile in his serious face.

 

Jaekyung looked around. “Can we go back now? It’s getting cold.”

 

Seunghyun laughed.

 

“Why are you laughi-“ Jaekyung gave him a disguted look, Seunghyun suddenly hugged her tightly.

 

“Will you let go? People are looking, if you don’t mind.” Jaekyung felt her heartbeat rising.

 

Seunghyun let go of the hug, then he laughed.

 

“Aigoo, you’ve gone insane.” Jaekyung hissed.

 

“You’ve made a wrong decision little girl, this time I will make it harder for you because you tried to leave.” He narrowed his eyes.

 

“What? I didn’t leave, you let go of my hand. Aissh, then I’ll just take back what I said.” Jaekyung started walking off. Seunghyun scooped a handful of snow and threw it on Jaekyung, it hit her back. She turned and glared at him, grabbed a snow and threw back at his face. She laughed then walked again.

 

“Yah!” Seunghyun ran towards her then he grabbed her wrist. “Where are you going? I won’t let you run away this time, I’ll make sure no one would take you away.” He dragged her back to the car.

 

“Choi Seunghyun let go of my hand! You’re crazy! I came here unforcefully! Why would I run away?” Jaekyung was trying to take his hand off hers.

 

--

 

The next morning.

 

Seunghyun woke up early and quickly went to Jaekyung’s room, she wasn’t there. He looked around the house then he saw laughters coming from the living room.

 

He saw Jaekyung and Dony laughing hard together in the sofa. They’re watching a variety show.

 

“He’s so funny! Omo I can’t stop laughing! I can’t breathe!” Jaekyung and Dony almost hugged each other.

 

“Yah Jaekyung!” Seunghyun shouted but it seemed like the two didn’t notice him, as they were still laughing.

 

“Jaekyung!” He shouted again but she was very busy laughing at the variety show.

 

Seunghyun threw her a square pillow that hit her straight on her face.

 

Jaekyung glared at him.  “What?! It’s so early and you’re hot-headed.”

 

“It’s so early and the two of you are so noisy!” he scolded.

 

Jaekyung and Dony stared at him for a while then they laughed again.

 

“Yah! Will you stop laughing!” Seunghyun got pissed and threw more pillows at them. Jaekyung and Dony managed to dodge the pillows.

 

“What is your problem? It’s not as if we could control our laughter here!” Jaekyung finally composed herself.

 

He threw something at Jaekyung. “Wear that, we’re going somewhere.” He smirked.

 

Jaekyung looked at him with confusion. “Where? And what’s this?” she and Dony checked on what Seunghyun has thrown her. Dony laughed at it. It was a hoodie with a printed statement in front that says T.O.P is my owner.

 

“What is this?” Jaekyung asked.

 

“T.O.P is what hyung uses in our gang. I couldn’t believe this, ahh, my stomach hurts!” Dony laughed continiously. Jaekyung glared at Seunghyun.

 

“I wouldn’t wear this! I won’t tolerate your immaturity!” she hissed, throwing him back the hoodie.

 

“Then I’ll make you wear this, after all I’ve seen your body!” Seunghyun moved closer to her about to take off her clothes.

 

“Yah! Okay, okay I’lll wear this! Aissh!” Jaekyung stood and left.

 

Dony was looking at Seunghyun with a curious expression. “You saw her body?”

 

“Wha? No! I was just kidding.” Seunghyun’s face was turning red, he swiftly left.

--

 

They went to the bakery. “I’m bringing himback his money personally.” Seunghyun said, noticing that Jaekyung was looking at him as they went inside.

 

“Jaekyung!” Someone called her, but it wasn’t Changmin, it was one of the workers there.

 

“Where is Changmin oppa?” she asked.

 

“Oh, he’s not here yet, but I know he’ll be visiting today, just sit here first, he will be here.” The worker said.

 

“Oh, how’s the bakery going?” Jaekyung asked the guy as he offered them some coffee.

 

“Oh, it’s doing fine, but Changmin hyung hasn’t come to here regularly, he’s been very busy with their company,his mother even wanted him to close this or sell this, but hyung doesn’t want.” the guy responded.

 

Jaekyung felt sad for Changmin. She knew that he has been having a hard time, she knew his mother, how strict she was, how evil she can get. She remembered one encounter with Changmin’s mother.

 

Changmin’s mother invited Jaekyung in a lunch. “I will go straight to the point with you. I don’t like seeing you with my son, I know the two of you has been friends for a long time. But if you have at least a little respect to me, you will stay away from him.” Changmin’s mother said.

 

Jaekyung half-smiled. “I’m sorry but I can’t do that.”

 

Changmin’s mother burst in anger. “What do you want!? Give me the amount and I’ll give it to you and get lost!”

 

“I think you have mistaken me madam, I don’t need money, I may be poor, and I may not hve parents to support me anymore, but I don’t cling to Changmin just for support.” Jaekyung stood. “I’m sorry, I’ll be leaving.” She bowed to her then she walked away.

 

“How arrogant! She don’t know what respect is!” Changmin’s mother hissed.

 

Jaekyung would admit it, she almost fell in love with Changmin many times, but there were invisible hindrances that seem to block her from falling in love to him completely.

 

Finally after about fifteen minutes of chatting, Changmin came.

 

“Jaekyung?” Changmin quickly let out a wide smile when he saw her. He saw Seunghyun as well, but it wasn’t the same death glaring that they give each other. Instead, they just stared at each other expressionless.

 

“I didn’t know you were coming.” Changmin hugged her. Seunghyun just looked away.

 

“Actually, it wasn’t me who decided to go here. It’s him.” Jaekyung pointed at Seunghyun.

 

Changmin noticed what Jaekyung was wearing. He laughed softly, he knew exactly what Seunghyun was trying to show, he knew Seunghyun was trying to brag that he own Jaekyung, the thought just made him laugh.

 

“You’ve got a childish owner Jaekyung.” Changmin chuckled.

 

“What?” Jaekyung looked at him confused, then she realized what he was saying. She got embarrassed, her cheeks slightly blushed.

 

Jaekyung sat back with Seunghyun, Changmin sat on the opposite side.

 

“What is it?” Changmin looked at Seunghyun, unbelievably, he half-smiled.

 

“I’ll just bring this back to you.”Seunghyun put the envelope on the table.

 

“Is that so. It’s so nice of you bringing this back personally.” Changmin said.

 

“We’re also going somewhere, we just dropped by here.” Seunghyun averted Changmin’s eyes. The truth was, he really wanted to thank him.

 

“We’re going to visit my uncle.” Jaekyung smiled at Changmin.

 

“Your uncle?” Changmin’s eyes widened. He felt uneasy about the thought. He seemed to know something.

 

“Yeah, it’s been a while, I wanted to know how he’s doing. Why? You seem surprised.” Jaekyung looked at Changmin, perplexed.

 

“No-nothing.” Changmin stuttered, he looked at Seunghyun, then looked away.

 

“We’ll be leaving now.” Seunghyun stood as well as Jaekyung. “Go first to the car Jaekyung.” He told Jaekyung.

 

“Okay.” She smiled and waved at Changmin before leaving.

 

“I-I well, thank you.” Seunghyun said to Changmin, not meeting his eyes.

 

Changmin chuckled. “You don’t have to thank me, it’s not as if I’ve given up on her. I’m still fighting, it’s not over yet.”

 

Seunghyun half-smiled, “Then we’ll see who’ll win in the end.” then he left.

 

Changmin smiled at himself.

 

--

 

Seunghyun and Jaekyung arrived at the apartment. Jaekyung felt nervous, she didn’t know what her uncle’s reaction would be.

 

“I don’t know if he’ll be happy or what, but I hope he’s fine.” Jaekyung said as they walked to the door. Seunghyun sighed.

 

Jaekyung walked fast to the door, she was surprised to see it locked. “It’s locked.” She looked at Seunghyun.

 

“He must have left for the day.” He said.

 

Someone from the other door went out. She recognized Jaekyung. “Oh, Jaekyung! It’s you! Oh my, where have you been?”

 

“Ahjumma, hello!” she bowed. “I’m visiting my uncle.”

 

“Your uncle? Him?” the ahjumma looked at her, as if astounded.

 

“Yeah, do you know where he went?” Jaekyung politely asked.

 

“He’s, he’s not living here anymore. He has left a few months ago, I thought you were with him.” The ahjumma looked at Jaekyung then at Seunghyun.

 

“No, no, my uncle won’t go anywhere, where would he go?” Jaekyung couldn’t help but panic inside.

 

“He hasn’t come back, we didn’t know where he went.”

 

“He can’t just leave me!” Jaekyung burst into tears. “No, he can’t do that.” She bent down, wiping her tears.

 

Seunghyun bent down as well, brushing her hair, “We’ll find him. I’ll ask some men to look for him.”

 

“But what if something happens to him? It’s not just you he has borrowed money! What if others killed him?” Jaekyung was very worried.

 

Seunghyun sighed. “We’ll find him no matter what.”

 

--

The next morning, Seunghyun went to his club to settle some things. He walked from the streets to the alley when a group of men blocked his way.

 

“Finally, we saw you alone.” One of the guys said. They’re different from the ones Jaekyung and Seunghyun has met near the amusement park.

 

“Can we fix this some other days, you see I’m busy.” Seunghyun pushed the guy in front of him and walked off, but they surrounded him.

 

“You’re so full of yourself! You can’t get away now, why? You scared you’re alone?” the guy suddenly punched him in the face. Seunghyun got pissed that he punched him as well, and that’s when the punching, kicking started.

 

Seunghyun stumbled on the floor, of course, he couldn’t handle them all, they were like, twelve people.

 

“What? Tired already? We’re not done yet!”

 

Seunghyun stood weakly, he smirked. “Who said I’m tired?”

 

The guy punched him again, and the other one kicked him off guard. He stumbled again on the floor.

 

“This time you won’t be able to stand!” the guy in front was about to hit him with a wood when someone held his hand tightly, he punched the guy in the face.

 

“Who the hell are you?!” the guy said as he stumbled on the floor as well. The other men started surrounding the guy who just came and Seunghyun.

 

He offered his hand to Seunghyun to stand. Seunghyun looked at him with wide eyes. “Why are you here?” Seunghyun held his hand to gain assistance.

 

“I need to talk to you, but I don’t want to talk to people if they’re lying in a hospital bed. Now will you stand? I can’t handle them alone.” It was Changmin.

 

--

Updated Chapter 20! So it will be Top and CHangmin who’ll be together in the end..lol..kidding! ^^

 

@pinkypn yes he did.. :3 Changmin really love her.. T^T but he still won’t give up! Keke!! Thanks for reading!

@yenisvip12 yeah, he didn’t hear cause of his mom! Lol! Oh, don’t hate him..=( I hope you’ll change ur mind about Changmin in this chap! Haha..xD I updated, sorry for the wait! :3 thanks for reading!

@KatieLeeberg yeah, they both let go.. :D hihi, dn’t worry, we’ll all find that someone who lves us enough that they’ll let us go just tobe happy, but we’ll get back !lmao! thanks for reading!

@specialleeme I’m sorry.. T^T I like Changmin too, he’s one of my faves in dbsk! :3 thanks for reading!

@renaiseuhyun84 hihi, she came back..xD his mother will have an appearance again next chap maybe! LOL..xD thanks for reading!

@ohmyyoungbae hihi, yes, it won’t be too long ‘til Seunghyun realizes it completely! Hihi, yes, CHangmin is love as well! :3 thanks for reading!

@RiBoSshi Top’s reaction is in this chap! Lol, but it’s rather funny! Lol.. no confession yet.. :D he’s so slow! Hihi thanks for reading!

@neversayaye hihi, yeah not confession time yet! Hihi..xD his reaction is here! Haha..thanks for reading!

@kpopaddx_cj2 yes he is, and he will always be.. :DD thanks for reading!

@kurisupiaisukuriimu thank you for loving it!! Thanks for reading!!^^

@jinzy13 thank you for thinking it’s amazing!! :DD got an update now!! Thanks for reading!

@rottintobreak thank you!! ^^ I see you just subscribed! Thank you for reading!^^

 

-Thanks for everyone who reads this! For the subscribers, thank you! And most specially, those who leaves comments, I love you so much! Saranghaeyo!!^^ You are all the reason why this story is ongoing!! :3 Take care everyone!