Chapter 37 : Ready, almost..

It Started With A Debt

 

 

“Are you going to live there forever?” Seunghyun was watching Jaekyung as she washed and rubbed her forehead with soap in the bathroom to put away what he has written. He chuckled at the sight of her trying to wipe off completely the ink.

 

“Urghh!” Jaekyung stomped her feet in frustration. “Why won’t it fade away completely! This is your fault!” She glared at Seunghyun who was leaning on the bathroom door with his arms crossed.

 

Seunghyun walked closer to her, he snapped her handkerchief and damped it on the flowing water. He brushed Jaekyung’s bangs sideways and roughly wiped her forehead with the handkerchief.

 

“Yah! Do it gently!” Jaekyung pouted. Seunghyun just let out a soft laugh.

 

“There, it’s all gone.” Seunghyun grinned. Jaekyung looked at the mirror to check. “Let’s go, it’s almost lunchtime.” He held Jaekyung’s hand.

 

--

 

“Honestly I think you should just kill yourself.” Jaejoong met Changmin in a café since Changmin called him.

 

Changmin sighed. “I should, probably.”

 

Jaejoong looked at him weirdly. “Are you serious? Come on, there’s a lot of girls out there!”

 

“But Jaekyung is just one person.” Changmin said blankly. “I regret a lot of things. Like, I should have told her earlier how I felt, I should have just took her away from her uncle, I should-“

 

“You shouldn’t have been a son of the owner of an electronics company.” Jaejoong heaved a sigh. Well, he got a point. Changmin’s mother’s threats was one of the reasons that lead Jaekyung somehow a little distant with becoming more than friends than him. “Look, maybe you’re really meant to be friends.” He grinned at Changmin but it didn’t help. “I don’t know why she chose Seunghyun over you,I mean, I know you’re both bully, but he can be more childish.” Now Jaejoong was trying to lighten Changmin, but he was rather failing than succeeding.

 

Changmin chuckled. “I guess it would take me a lot of time before I forget her.”

 

--

 

“I asked some people to fix the wedding plans.” Seunghyun’s grandma was talking with Jaekyung and Seunghyun in a restaurant.

 

“Just leave it to us! We’ll fix it.” Seunghyun said to his grandma.

 

“And what? You’ll be able to finish it after a year? No, after all, it’s almost done.” The chairman narrowed her eyes. She started eating.

 

“What do you mean it’s almost finished?” Seunghyun’s brows furrowed.

 

“I set the date, it’s next week.” His grandma said.

 

“Next week?” Both Jaekyung and Seunghyun looked at the chairman with wide eyes.

 

“Yes, and I won’t change it no matter what.” The chairman looked at Jaekyung, “Your wedding dress is finished, thanks to Seunghyun’s mom for giving the stylist your size. The stylist will meet you on Wednesday.”

 

Jaekyung was speechless, she just nodded.

 

“But next week already? That’s like, so fast! There are a lot of-“ Seunghyun was saying when the chairman broke off.

 

“Stop whining and just listen to what I say!” His grandma almost yelled. “You can’t complain now.”

 

“I’m not complaining, it’s just we need more time! Jaekyung might not even be ready-“

 

“No, she’s fine with it, we talked about this already before, right?” His grandma gazed at Jaekyung, she just nodded again. She couldn’t disagree, she has promised to Seunghyun’s grandma that she’ll marry him.

 

--

 

“I don’t know why it should be next week! Aissh!” Seunghyun ruffled his hair. He looked at Jaekyung who was just staring outside the car window. “Yah!”

 

Jaekyung looked at him, “What?”

 

“Nothing.” Seunghyun suddenly averted her eyes. He always wanted to marry her, but why does he felt so nervous right now that he was going to marry her for real? His phone suddenly rang.

 

“Hyung, why are you calling?” Seunghyun answered it.

 

“May I borrow Jaekyung today?” It was Jaejoong on the other line.

 

“What? Why? Where are you going?” Seunghyun was hesitant, he tilted his head to Jaekyung, she was looking back at him with a confused face.

 

“Don’t be too possessive, it’s not like I would or abduct her! A friend of mine just want to see her.”Jaejoong said.

 

“Friend? Who—Okay, but if something happens to her, it’ll be your fault!” Seunghyun said before hanging up.

 

“Who is it?” Jaekyung asked him.

 

“I’ll let you go with him just this time but if you do something—“ Seunghyun looked at Jaekyung frantically. “—Aissh! Just remember you’re already engaged!”

 

“I didn’t understand anything you said.” Jaekyung hissed.

 

--

 

“Why did you bring me here?” Jaekyung jumped off the motorcycle and stared at Jaejoong. They went to a park, it was full of trees, like the road was narrow and it was in between two sides that were filled with grasses and trees with leaves of different colors. There were some people strolling.

 

“I’ll leave you now. Bye!” Jaejoong started the engine of his motorcycle and left swiftly.

 

“Yah! Kim Jaejoong!” Jaekyung almost ran for him. “Why did he left me here?” She sighed, then turned back and saw Changmin.

 

“Changmin-ah!” Jaekyung smiled, she stood still as she waited for him to walk towards her, he was walking fast enough. The moment he has stood in front of her, he quickly cupped her face and kissed her. Jaekyung was dumbfounded.

 

“I think I deserve one.” Changmin said when he moved back. “I always asked myself why did I fall in love with you, until now I don’t know the reason.” He was holding back his tears. He knew it won’t be too long before she would completely be someone else’s. “If there’s one thing I’m learning right now, it’s letting go of you, but, I guess, forgetting you would be a different thing.”

 

Jaekyung half-smiled. “I don’t appreciate you forgetting about me. How can you even think of forgetting me? We’re friends.”

 

Changmin chuckled. “You’re right, that must have been the reason why I can’t figure out how to forget you.” He held Jaekyung’s hand. “I guess he won’t get mad if I do this? This could be the last time.”

 

Jaekyung smiled. “He couldn’t get jealous to a friend.”

 

--

 

The next day, Jaekyung and Seunghyun went to where her parents were buried.

 

Jaekyung settled the flowers on her parent’s grave. Seunghyun sat with her on the grasses.

 

“I wonder if they’ll like me if they’re still alive.” Seunghyun said.

 

Jaekyung chuckled. “Omma, Appa, is he handsome?” She paused. “He’s Choi Seunghyun, he’ll be my husband soon. Sory, I’m marrying so early.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of your daughter, I promise.” Seunghyun looked down.

 

“Appa, Omma, I miss you, you won’t be able to attend our wedding, but I know you’ll be watching.” Jaekyung wiped her flowing tears. “Don’t worry about me, I’m strong, I’ve been stronger, I know you’re guiding me for these 8 years you were gone.”

 

Seunghyun put his arm round on Jaekyung’s shoulder and pulled her closer to him. “They won’t be happy if you’ll keep on crying.”

 

“But I can’t hold my tears,” Jaekyung buried her face on Seunghyun’ chest.

 

“Aissh, I’m having a cry baby wife soon.” Seunghyun chuckled.

 

--

 

“Noona! Noona you came!” Jinkyu swiftly ran towards the door as soon as he saw Jaekyung, Jaekyung bent down and hugged him tightly.

 

“How are you? Have you been a good boy?” Jaekyung pinched his cheeks.

“Ne, Noona, Appa’s always giving me presents when I am able to fix my toys at the end of the day.” He grinned. “”Noona! Why are you with him?” He looked up and gazed at Seunghyun.

 

“Jinkyu, let them enter first.” Dongwook told Jinkyu. “Come in.”

 

Jaekyung and Seunghyun sat on the sofa in the living room. Dongwook offered them drinks.

 

“So, where’s Hanbyeol Unnie?” Jaekyung asked Dongwook as soon as he has sat.

 

“She’s hanging out with some of her friends. So, you two-you’re?” Dongwook was giving Jaekyung a reassuring look.

 

“Yeah,” Jaekyung nodded.

 

“I see, please take care of my cousin.” Dongwook looked at Seunghyun who was spacing out.

 

“Um, yeah I will, thanks.” Seunghyun half-smiled. Dongwook smiled back at him before going back to the kitchen to get food.

 

“Noona,” Jinkyu suddenly appeared in the living room. “Look, Appa gave me a new toy! But he can’t build it! Can you help me assemble it?”

 

“Okay, but Jinkyu, I’m not familiar with this.” Jaekyung held the toy, it was an unassembled robot. She tried to see how each part would match with each other.

 

“Give me that.” Seunghyun suddenly snapped the toy from Jaekyung.

 

Jinkyu stared innocently at Seunghyun as he was assembling together the parts. “Are you Noona’s boyfriend?”

 

“Yeah, I am.” Seunghyun said still focused on the robot.

 

“So you’ll get married soon and have babies?” Jinkyu grinned. “Then I’ll have someone to play with!”

 

“Jinkyu! That won’t happen yet.” Jaekyung said.

 

“Why? We can make babies after we get married.” Seunghyun smirked as he glanced at Jaekyung then back at fixing the robot.

 

“Choi Seunghyun, I’m just 22, that’s too young for a mother.” Jaekyung pouted.

“But my mom wants a grandson or granddaughter already, and Jinkyu wants a playmate.” Seunghyun said.

 

“Hanbyeol gave birth to Jinkyu when she was 20.” Dongwook came back bringing muffins with him.

 

“Yay! Noona! Appa! Look he made it! My robot!!” Jinkyu jumped in joy when Seunghyun handed the robot to him.

 

“He seemed like he’ll be a better father than me.” Dongwook laughed softly.

 

“Thanks.” Seunghyun told Dongwook. Jaekyung glowered at him.

 

--

 

“Finally you’re home!” Seunghyun’s mom approached them as soon as they entered the house, she stopped midway when she saw Seunghyun who has piggybacked Jaekyung since she has fallen asleep.

 

“I’ll just bring her to our room.” Seunghyun told his mom before going upstairs. Seunghyun’s mom smiled secretly.

 

--

 

“You know what, when I first saw her, I thought she’s just some random girl, but I was wrong.” Seunghyun’s mom said as she stared at her son who was fixing the blanket on Jaekyung.

 

“I thought you won’t like her.” Seunghyun sat on the bed.

 

“Well, I told myself I’ll give it a try.” His mom smiled. “I’m sure your father and sister will like her, tell me son, what came to your mind when you took her?” His mom sat on the bed as well.

 

“I don’t know, I just thought it would give me fun, but I don’t know it would end like this.” Seunghyun chuckled.

 

“Well, good thing it ended like this, and you know, I think I shouldn’t have scolded you taking her. If you didn’t do that, you’ll probably end up with that Hana, I don’t like her son.”

 

Seunghyun beamed. “Well, you should thank me for taking her.”

 

“I’ll leave you for now! I forgot to call the stylist, Jaekyung and I will meet her tomorrow.” His mom giggled. She walked out of the room peacefully.

 

Seunghyun stared at Jaekyung’s sleeping form. Sooner, she’ll be his wife for real, she’ll be officially his, he smiled at the thought.

--

 

Updated!! Hihi, next chapter, wedding??? :DD

 

@uknow-keyahaha, yes.. =) she’s somehow tricky! Thanks for reading!

@mizz_xikhaahaha, I updated.. :3 thank you for anticipating it!^^

@Passion1yes, hehehe. He’s bullying Jaekyung all those years as well! Ahaha..xD Yeah, he left the poor bear like that..haha..xD thanks for reading!

@lovis89hehe..yeah.. =) it’s what’s engraved to the necklace as well. Thanks for reading!^^

@proudvipawww..yeah, it’s sad..=/ she has lived without them for 8 years already. Aww.. yeah, me too, I feel sad! I feel like it has been my weekly routine to update the story, read comments,..T^T and now that it’s ending..=( I feel sad and happy at the same time..thank you! thank you for always leaving a comment here too!! Thank you soo much!! T^T

@wtfelicia aahaha, yes! Finlly after months it’s free!! :DD yes he was serious about that.. LOL..xD well, they took it off before it marks on her forehead for a long time. Haha! Thanks for reading!

@jan888yes, the wedding is coming!! :D Thanks for reading!

@yenisvip12hee, yes.. =) the love is definitely back..xD and hopefully nothing would become a hindrance.. yeah, Changmin loved her so much… =( Thanks for reading!

@RiBoSshiahihi, I don’t know what to reply in that! LOL Thanks for reading!

@ohmyyoungbae aww..>.< I’m sorry! I didn’t even mean to make the readers hate him here! Hehehe..well, we’ll see what’ll happen with Changmin.. :3 Thanks for reading!

@neversayayehihi, the next chapter is a highlight! Thanks for reading!

@rottintobreakyeps! :D aww, I’ll try if I could insert that.. :D Thanks for reading!

 

-Thank you for everyone who reads this fic, for those who subscribed. Specially for those who leaves their comments, you are my motivation. Thank you! I hope to hear from the others soon since this is ending.. T^T awwts..>.<