Chapter 10: Sudden

It Started With A Debt

 

“Oh, old woman! What are you doing here?” Seunghyun quickly got up, he was more than surprised, it was his grandma.

 

Seunghyun’s grandma stared at him and Jaekyung for a long time. Jaekyung was looking down, quite scared of his grandmother. She felt like his grandma’s gaze was like a knife that stabs her. “You haven’t changed. You still don’t take things seriously, and you still didn’t get rid of your gang! Until when will I wait ‘til you take over the hotel! While I’m away all you do here is play!” his grandma spoke endlessly.

 

“Aissh, I wasn’t playing, I’m just trying to relax myself and I told you I don’t want to ma-“ before Seunghyun has finished defending himself, his grandma speedily hit him on the back of his head continuously with a file folder she was holding. Seunghyun was trying to cover his head. “You lazy! Trying to relax? You’ve been relaxing all this time!”

 

Jaekyung was surprised and frozen with the sudden commotion his grandma was making.

 

“And who is she? Don’t tell me you also met her in your club then you’re bringing her here! Next thing she’ll be without clothes tonight!” His grandma trailed Jaekyung from head to toe.

 

“Hello! Good morning, I’m Kwon Jaekyung,” she bowed, “I’m his—I’m his frmmmf!” Seunghyun covered right before she could finish.

 

“She’s my girlfriend!” he suddenly broke off. Jaekyung’s eyes widened, she tried to pull his hands off but he was keeping her from doing so.

 

“She’s your girlfriend? Since when? Are you serious? Or is she one of your girlfriends?” his grandma asked him.

 

“She’s the only one, Ah, we’ve been together like almost a year already.” Seunghyun was faking a smile.

 

“She is? Nobody from here told me that. But why is she here right after your trip? Shouldn’t you have brought her home instead?” his grandmother was trying to decode his lies.

 

“No, we’re actually engaged! She’s sleeping here already! We’ll get married soon!” He told his grandma, he was smiling widely. Jaekyung was panicking. What the hell is he saying?! What is he planning? Jaekyung tried to say it was all lies but what she said came out muffled. “Just go with me if you don’t want to be punished.” Seunghyun whispered on her ear.

 

“You’re engaged to her? Why are you covering you don’t have respect to young ladies you-!!” then his grandma continually hit him again with the folder. Seunghyun was trying to catch every hit she made with his hand.

 

“You, young lady, go ahead and dress yourself nicely, we’ll talk.” She looked at Jaekyung then glared at Seunghyun. “You too, you’re going with us.” Then she went to the living room.

 

--

 

“I want this, and this as well, also this one.” Seungri was in a clothes store buying everything that caught his eye.

 

“But Omma, I think it won’t fit me, you see, I mean look at the length of that dress, it’s like they’ll see my underwear already.” A girl from behind him was talking with his mother. She has a shoulder-length, brown hair, her body was slim, and she was petite. Seungri was staring at her, and when the girl met his eyes, he winked to her. The girl looked away.

 

“But that red dress is so expensive, we can’t afford that! Let’s just look for another one.” The girl and her mother were roaming around the store.

 

“Miss, I’ll buy that dress, give that to that girl over there!” he gave the lady in the store his credit card.

 

“Okay then sir.” Then Seungri left, smiling seductively at the girl when they met eyes again.

 

--

 

“So, who are your parents?” Seunghyun’s grandma was asking Jaekyung. They were in an Italian restaurant. Jaekyung and Seunghyun sitting beside each other while his grandma on the opposite side.

 

“My father was an architect and my mother was a teacher before they passed away.” Jaekyung looked down at her food.

 

“I’m sorry,” his grandma coughed a little. “Then who are you living with?”

 

“She was with her uncle before she lived with me a few months ago. Her uncle is living in Busan.” Seunghyun just answered right before Jaekyung can. He was making up stories.

 

“Really? So, where are you studying and what?” his grandma drank her pineapple juice.

 

“Ah, I’m studying in Seoul Culture and Arts University, I am taking Photography and Fine Arts.” Jaekyung half-smiled.

 

“Is that so? That’s good. I don’t know where the two of you met, but can you tell me, what do you like about my grandson? You don’t like him for his money right?” his grandma was now looking straight at Jaekyung. Jaekyung was clueless. Seunghyun’s grandma’s question was a complex question for her. “Don’t tell me you only like him for his wealth now my young lady?” Seunghyun was squeezing Jaekyung’s hand.

 

“No, I never thought of that. Actually, I well—“ Jaekyung think of something to say, something to say… “I like him because he has a kind personality despite his childish and rude behavior. He protects me, he might be a little rough but he’s a gentleman at the end of the day. I well, I-love him so-much.” Jaekyung was definitely embarrassed with every single word she uttered. She didn’t know how they came out from . Seunhyun was looking at her in disbelief; he was trying to make the words sink to himself.

 

His grandma drank her juice again, then she looked at Jaekyung, then to Seunghyun. “She looks fine, at least you found someone better than those girls I see you with. I didn’t see an engagement ring on your finger, why is that?”

 

“She’s not into expensive things, she told me not to-“ Seunghyun was explaining.

 

“You didn’t buy her then? How foolish! You know that’s one of the things girls wait when someone proposes and you didn’t buy her! You-“ his grandma stood and tried to reach Seunghyun to hit him but she calmed down and stopped.

 

“Okay then, well, I’ll get to know more about you young lady, I have only three days more to stay. Let’s go out tomorrow.”

 

“What!!!!?” Both Jaekyung and Seunghyun shouted simultaneously.

 

--

“That guy trying to flirt me was the one who bought this! I won’t take it!” the girl from the clothes store told her mother.

 

“It’s actually a gift, why not take it? I thought you like it, and you won’t see him anymore, it would be fine, maybe he found you good-looking. He must be very rich.” Her mother grinned.

 

“He’s creepy! What if he’s a maniac? But, I’ll take that, I so love that dress, I just hope I get to see him to thank him for this, but has he got nothing else to do with money?”

--

“But you can’t I’ll bring Jaekyung somewhere else tomorrow, and on the other day, on the day after the other day!” Seunghyun was keeping up with his grandma as they walk. They were in the hotel. Jaekyung was speechless. She thought their hotel was so elegant and one of a kind.

 

“Then cancel it. I want to know more of her.” His grandma entered the elevator and it closed immediately right before he could enter.

 

“Yah! Old Woman! Aisssh!” he kicked the elevator door.

 

“What are we going to do now? What will I tell her if she ask things?” Jaekyung looked at him in panic.

 

“I don’t know. Let’s try to come up with stories.” He rubbed his head, pissed off.

 

--

 

“You should have just told the truth, now you’re putting me into this as well!” Jaekyung pouted, she looked at the car’s window.

 

“Are you crazy? I’ll tell her that I took you in exchange of you uncle’s debt to me? She’ll kill me! And don’t you try to tell her anything about that, or I’ll get back to you and your uncle.” He picked up is phone to call someone.

 

“This is your fault! Why did you even tell her I’m your girlfriend? What went to your mind?” Jaekyung sighed.

 

“It’s just to make her stop asking questions why you’re with me when we got home! Just wait a little more and she’ll leave. You need to be careful with everything you say!”

 

“I should just tell her the truth then, I don’t want to be involved in your issues!” Jaekyung yelled at him.

 

“No you won’t. You won’t say anything or you’re dead! I’ll add another 20 million won to your debt if you do that!” he glared at her.

 

“Aishh but what if you won’t be able to fix this!” she groaned. “Oh, can we stop for a while? This place is near to my friend’s house. You promised me you’ll let me go if I wear this everyday.” Jaekyung held the necklace and smiled at Seunghyun.

 

He gave her an irritated expression. “Okay, but be fast.”

 

--

“Omo! Jaekyung!!!” Minhee opened the door of their apartment to find Jaekyung there. She hugged her quickly, then they jumped happily. “Jaekyung I miss you! Where have you been? You were not calling, no sign of you anywhere, you dropped out of school.” Minhee held her hands. “Oh, and who is this?” Minhee whispered looking at Seunghyun who was travelling his eyes to the front of the apartment, Minhee’s family’s apartment was just small.

 

“Oh, I’ll tell you everything inside.” Jaekyung said.

--

“What? That was what happened? I told you your uncle is evil!” Minhee was trying to suppress her yell. Jaekyung told everything to Minhee. They were in the kitchen while Seunghyun was in the living room, spacing out.

 

“But Jaekyung, good thing you’re still alive, what he makes you do, I bet you’re trying hard to keep strong. What does he make you do? Did he make you his slave? Or maybe he made you dance every night in front of him with just lingerie on!” Minhee almost shouted.

 

“Shh! Tone down! I’m not his slave okay? He’s making me work in his café.” Jaekyung whispered glancing if Seunghyun was looking at them.

 

“Is that so? He looks scary! Good thing he hadn’t killed or you!” Minhee’s voice was almost loud that Seunghyun tilted his head to their direction.

 

“What are you talking about? I know he looks like a murderer, but he won’t kill!” Jaekyung said.

 

“Oh, okay, Changmin Oppa, he wants to see you, he told me that if ever I see you, he told me to tell you to go visit the bakery, he didn’t know why you left so sudden without even saying goodbye, he was so worried that he calls me every day to ask if we met.”

 

Jaekyung felt so happy and sad inside, she missed Changmin, the owner of the bakery she used to work in, was one of her closest friends.

 

“Go visit him, I’m sure he’ll call me again later to ask about you.” Minhee looked at Jaekyung worriedly.

 

“I will, I’ll try if he’ll let me go. Minhee, don’t tell this to anybody, as soon as I pay my debt to him, I’ll go back. Promise me, don’t tell this to anyone, not even to Changmin Oppa.” Jaekyung held Minhee’s hands, Minhee nodded.

 

“I won’t tell, Jaekyung, I’ll look for money too, I can’t let you be like this, if only you would tell Changmin Oppa about this, he could help you.” Minhee muttered.

 

--

 

“I’ll let you go to that bakery, but only for thirty minutes.” Seunghyun told her as they were about to leave Minhee’s apartment. Jaekyung nodded. They were waiting for the car since the driver was picking up Seungri. Then it came.

 

“What’s the problem hyung? Why so sud-“ Seungri went out of the car, he saw Minhee and he was frozen. Minhee, was surprised as well.

 

“You!?” they both said.

 

“You know each other?” Jaekyung looked at Minhee waiting for her answer.

 

“He was the guy in the clothes store! The one who bought me the red dress!” Minhee gazed at Seungri.

 

“So you are Jaekyung’s friend then?” Seungri smiled.

 

“Aissh, Ri, continue this next time, let’s go!” Seunghyun pushed Jaekyung inside the car.

 

“We’ll talk again! I’ll get your number from Jaekyung!” Seungri said as he entered the car.

 

--

 

Jaekyung entered the bakery, behind her was Seunghyun and Seungri.

 

“Jaekyung?” A guy from the counter said. He was looking at Jaekyung.

 

“Changmin Oppa!” she burst out. Seunghyun and Seungri were in one table. Seunghyun got his eyes on Jaekyung.  

 

“She called him Oppa? Pssh” Seunghyun muttered.

 

“Are you saying something?” Seungri looked at him.

 

“Jaekyung, Oh my, where have you been!?” Changmin quickly hugged her. Seunghyun was glaring at them.

 

“Oppa, I’m sorry, I don’t know how to explain everything but-“

 

“Don’t. What’s important is you’re here now.” Changmin hugged her again tightly. Seunghyun’s eyes widened.

 

“How are you? Jaekyung, you worried us all. Where have you been?” Changmin interrogated.

 

“I’m fine, it’s a long story but you don’t have to worry. I’ll be back soon.” Jaekyung half-smiled.

 

“Where are you working now? I am so worried, you won’t answer my calls.” Changmin and Jaekyung were very close to each other. She was smiling widely at him.

 

“I’m working at a café. Don’t worry, I’m fine, well, It won’t take long, will you, still accept me if I come back then?” Jaekyung gave Changmin a cutesy expression.

 

“Pssh, what’s that girl doing? Making cute faces in front of that guy, I won’t let this pass, how dare she!” Seunghyun stood up, he walked towards where the two were standing.

 

“Hyung, don’t make a commotion here!” Seungri trailed his eyes to Seunghyun. Seunghyun held Jaekyung’s hand.

 

“Your time is up, we should go.” He was dragging her when Changmin stopped them, he pulled Jaekyung’s hand away from Seunghyun’s. Both Changmin and Seunghyun gave each other death glares.

 

“Who is he Jaekyung?” Changmin asked still glaring at Seunghyun.

 

“He’s-he’s a frie-“

 

“I’m her boyfriend, so put your hand away from my girl.” Seunghyun was still glaring at Changmin who was holding Jaekyung’s hand. Jaekyung looked at Seunghyun with astonishment.

 

“Is he really your boyfriend Jaekyung?” Changmin asked Jaekyung, his eyes not leaving Seunghyun. Seunghyun gave Jaekyung a glare as well, waiting for what she would answer.

 

--

 

Chapter 10 updated! I am a little scared, I hope you liked this chapter..xD So, Changmin is the new character and Minhee, and Seungri the new couple..hihi..:) I hope you’ll continue reading my story.. ^.^

 

@JVIP13 I guess, grandma here is not that strict..hihi, Although she’s a serious type..xD thank you for reading!! xD

@renaiseuhyun84 thank you for reading! I hope you find this chapter humorous, even though it’s not really fully loaded with funny scenes, chapter 11 will be filled with funny moments..^.^

@yenisvip12 thank you for loving the story! And thanks for dropping by to read! ^.^ I hope you’ll read untl the end!

@kpopaddx_cj2 thanks for loving it!! xD I won’t let you die, I’ll update as soon as possible!! :) thank you for reading it!!! ;) There are more of like sweet scenes here than funny, I find this chapter random..hihi..

@pinkypn thanks! Lols, yeah, thanks for finding it funny! xD Seunghyun has made an excuse to his grandma about Jaekyung here..xD thanks for reading!! xD

@ohmyyoungbae thank you! In this chap, his grandma doesn’t seem to be a villain..lols..but I guess she’s getting in the way a little bit..:3 yeah, Jaekyung seems to love him but it seems she doesn’t know it yet..lols..thanks for reading!!

 

-Thank you for all who are reading my story! For those who subscribed, specially for those who gives me their comments, I love you so much! You motivate me to continue writing! ^.^ The next chapter, it’s full of sweet and funny scenes, and hm, well, a twist of something as well.. xD Take care everyone!! ^.^