Chapter 36 : Flashing Back and Moving On

It Started With A Debt

 

Seunghyun opened his eyes, he was lying on a hospital bed. “Oh, finally you’re awake!” He looked at who was speaking and found Jaejoong sitting on the couch, reading a magazine.

 

He slowly sat up and looked around the room. “What happened? Jaekyung? Where is she?”

 

Jaejoong gave him a confused look. “You were beaten up, don’t you remember? We came there to help you out. And why are you suddenly looking for Jaekyung?”

 

“Isn’t she there? When I was beaten up?” Seunghyun’s brows furrowed.

 

“No?” Jaejoong frantically shook his head. “She’s not there, you were alone when we found you. You must be hallucinating.” He went back to read at the magazine.

 

Seunghyun sighed. Well, maybe he was just really imagining or having a dream, but he was sure he saw her face and heard her voice, and held her hand. But thinking about it, about what she has said in the past few days, why would she go looking for him?

 

Suddenly, the door opened. “I couldn’t find the canteen in this hospital so I just went-“ It was Jaekyung, she was first looking at Jaejoong, and she stopped when she saw Seunghyun awake. She almost dropped the food she bought.

 

Seunghyun was confused, he narrowed his eyes, thinking if he was seeing it wrong. “Why, why are you here?”

 

“Huh?” Jaekyung was pouting, confused as well. “I, well..-“ then they heard Jaejoong laughing, covering his face with the magazine.

 

“What’s funny?” Seunghyun scoffed, gazing at Jaejoong.

 

“What did you say to him?” Jaekyung could sense that he could probably be pranking Seunghyun again.

 

“Aissh, hyung, you’re crazy!” Seunghyun glared at Jaejoong, he threw a pillow at him in which Jaejoong dodged successfully.

 

Jaekyung went to the couch and sat beside Jaejoong. She fixed the food she brought. “There’s no doughnuts in the convenience store, I just bought bread instead.” She said to him.

 

“It’s okay, I could probably eat anything because I’m so hungry right now.” Jaejoong grabbed the plastic bag from Jaekyung and rummaged his hand inside to choose which to eat. Jaekyung looked at Seunghyun, he was staring at her. She blushed, averting his eyes.

 

“Yah,” Seunghyun spoke. He patted the bed, signaling Jaekyung to sit there. “Come here.”

 

Jaekyung slowly stood and walked to the bed, she sat, not looking at Seunghyun. “I’m sorry.” She said, biting her lip.

 

“For what? And why did you go there? Do you know it’s dangerous?” Seunghyun wanted to touch her, but he was unsure, still uncertain. “Why did you go there? And why are you here?”

 

“I, um-I-“ Jaekyung didn’t know how to say it.

 

“Because she still loves you! Damn it, you’re too slow!” Jaejoong yelled, then he chewed on the bread he was eating. Jaekyung looked at Jaejoong with wide eyes.

 

“But she said she doesn’t love me anymore. She said it more than once.” Seunghyun told Jaejoong.

 

“Aiishh, she was just lying that time around! Hana blackmailed her, Max told me everything, and she told me your grandmother-“

 

“Jaejoong! Don’t say it!” Jaekyung warned him. She didn’t want to say it yet. She got nervous.

 

“Why won’t I? You told me earlier about it, you should tell him.” Jaejoong continued with eating.

 

“Tell me what? And wait, what about Hana?” Seunghyun looked at Jaekyung, then at Jaejoong.

 

“It’s a long story, Hana just blackmailed her to leave you, and your grandmother told her just yesterday that-“

 

“Don’t say anything!” Jaekyung was about to stand but Seunghyun grabbed her wrist, forcing her to sit back.

“My grandma told her what?” Seunghyun looked at Jaejoong.

 

“To marry you, or she’ll have to leave.” Jaejoong grinned. “So she’ll be your wife soon, for real.”

 

“No, I’ll just leave.” Jaekyung said.

 

“Who told you? You owe me a lot of explanations.” Seunghyun squeezed Jaekyung’s wrist.

 

--

 

“Hi! I just want to give you this, I hope you’ll like it.”A twelve year old girl just gave chocolates to a twelve year old boy who was fixing his shoelaces, sitting on a bench.

 

“Thanks.” He smiled at her. The girl giggled as she ran back to her friends and went away.

 

“Aissh, are they trying to make me diabetic?” The boy stared at all the other chocolates, sweets, and love letters given to him.

 

“I don’t need any of these.” He playfully threw one chocolate bar, tossing it in the air.

 

“Oouucch!”

 

He heard someone just whimpered from behind him.

 

“That hit my head you know!” A girl, just almost the same age as him glared at him. “Ahh, this is the popular, bully guy.”

 

“And so?” He raised his eyebrow as he turned back to the other chocolates, stuffing them in his bag.

 

“Pssh, how about this bar?” She moved near to the bench and handed him the chocolate bar.

 

“That’s yours.” He slapped her hand away.

 

“Yah! Someone gave this to you! It might cost them a lot of money, take it!” She forced it in his bag as well, he was pulling her hand away, he pushed her and she fell on the ground.

 

“What do you care? Who are you to tell me what to do!” He shouted at her.

 

The girl stood from the ground, brushing off the dirt on her skirt. “You!! You’re rich and you’re smart but you’re the cruelest person in the world!”

 

--

 

Two years later.

 

“Oops! Sorry!” The boy intentionally hit the girl with the soccer ball, he was snickering with his friends. It has been two years that he was bullying the same girl.

 

The girl just glared at him as she walked passed.

 

“Yah! Why won’t you give back the ball? Are you unmannered?”He ran after her.

 

The girl hissed, she stopped. “You don’t deserve my good manners you spoiled brat!”

 

The boy’s eyes widened. “You’re just jealous since you’re a middle class, your parents couldn’t compare to mine.And no one even dares to say they have a crush on you.”

 

“As if I wanted to be leveled with you! At least my parents won’t expect me to always have high grades, and be good at everything. And atleast I’m not someone who brags a lot of girls like him.” The girl mocked, she walked faster away from him.

 

“You! Kwon Jaekyung! Stop right there! How dare you insult me!” He kicked the ball landing beside him, it hit her head harshly. She literally fell off the ground. He laughed at her. “You’re really funny!”

 

Jaekyung got up, she wore off her shoe and threw it at him. It hit his face. “You’re a stupid being! Shim Changmin!”

 

Changmin glowered at her, he was pissed off, he picked her shoe from the ground then he smirked. “Oh yeah, let’s see how you go home with one shoe.”He threw her shoe too far that Jaekyung didn’t know where it even could have landed.

 

Jaekyung’s jaw dropped. “How could you! That’s from my father you-“ She ran towards him and chased him. She wore off her other shoe, now she was just wearing her socks. “Come back here you coward!!”

 

“As if you could catch me, why won’t you just go home with that? I bet that’ll be a new trend!” Changmin shouted as he was running from Jaekyung, they were chasing each other in the soccer field.

 

“How dare you! Bring back my shoe!” Jaekyung shouted. Changmin suddenly stopped from running. Jaekyung ran towards him, now she was in front of him. “Get my shoe from wherever it landed!”

 

“Why would I?” Changmin chuckled. “Find it yourself.” He stuck his tongue out and walked away.

 

--

 

A month later, the most tragic moment of Jaekyung’s life has happened. A police man just knocked on the door of their house, telling her that her parents died in a car accident. Jaekyung couldn’t believe it at first.

 

The funeral was silent, few people just went including her parents’ collegues at work, her cousins and two uncles.

 

After two days when her parents were buried, she went back to school. At that time, she was already living with her uncle. She was always spacing out, not even listening to the lectures, nor eating at lunch, she would always sit to where few students gather.

 

She sat on the bench near the soccer field. It was empty, few students were walking passed. Staring blankly, she sometimes wished she was there in the car when the accident happened, so she would be with her parents too.

 

She suddenly noticed a small box of cake landing on the bench. “Sweets can make you feel better.” Changmin sat on the edge of the bench.

 

“If you think I’ll fall for that, you’re wrong. You must’ve put ketchup or insect there.” Jaekyung rolled her eyes.

 

Changmin scoffed. “I bought that from an expensive bakery you might even don’t know!”

 

Jaekyung looked at him. Changmin could see she had cried since her eyes were red. “You have to eat it first for me to know you’re not trying to kill me.”

 

Changmin hissed. He opened the box, grabbed the plastic spoon and took a small amount. “There. I ate it. You should even be thankful, you’re the very first person I have given something like this.”

 

Jaekyung picked the cake. “Thanks.”

 

“Sorry for your parents.” Changmin looked at Jaekyung as she ate the cake.

 

“It’s okay. I’m fine.” But she was actually starting to cry while she ate. She felt very heavy, the feeling of being empty suddenly regained in her again.

 

Changmin panicked, he didn’t know what to do to her. “Yah, don’t cry.” The other students walking by were thinking that he was the one who made her cry.

 

“Why can’t I be there too!?” Jaekyung’s sobs suddenly increased. “Why did they leave me alone?” She dropped the cake beside her and covered her face.

 

Changmin was hesitant but he slowly moved closer to her, he her back gently, letting Jaekyung rest her head on his chest.

 

--

The next years came, Changmin and Jaekyung became closer, although there have been some light bullying happening, they became friends, closer than no one could have expected. Changmin would always playfully call her to join him and his friends at lunch, although Jaekyung would always say no, he would just drag her. When they graduated High School, Changmin invited Jaekyung to go with his friends to celebrate.

 

And so at College, though they go to different Universities already, they still meet almost everyday. That was the time Jaekyung introduced Minhee to Changmin. Changmin opened up a bakery, something his grandparents has helped him out. He offered Jaekyung to work there.

 

When it was Changmin’s 20th birthday, Jaekyung gave him a red knitted scarf that she herself has made. “That took me a lot of time to do, so take care of that. Sorry, that isn’t as expensive as the one you’ve been receiving from others.” She smiled at him as she put it on Changmin.

 

“I expected that already.” Changmin chuckled as Jaekyung glowered at her. “Since it’s my birthday, you do all my wishes.”

 

“What is it this time?” Jaekyung hissed. Changmin held her hand tightly as they walked through the streets.

 

“I want you to eat ttokboki, tons of them without drinking water.” Changmin grinned.

 

“Aigoo, you tricky bastard!I won’t do that.” Jaekyung stuck her tongue out.

 

“But it’s my birthday! You do everything I say!” Changmin protested. He let go of her hand and walked fast, as if angry.

 

“Yah!” Jaekyung ran after him. “Okay,okay,I’ll do it!”

 

Changmin smiled at himself reminiscing the past as he clasped and stared on the scarf Jaekyung has given him. Sitting on the floor, leaning his back against the bed, he wondered if he could even forget about her even for a minute.

 

--

 

“I asked some men to get your things, so there’s no reason for you to go out of the house.” Seunghyun dragged Jaekyung to his room.

 

“Choi Seunghyun. You’re being too paranoid, I already explained to you everything, I won’t leave anymore.” Jaekyung sighed. Seunghyun opened the door of his room and brought Jaekyung in with him.

 

“You’ll sleep here with me.” Seunghyun smirked.

 

“What the hell did you do to this bear?” Jaekyung jumped on the bed and stared at the tied bear on the headboard. She was about to untie it.

 

“Don’t untie that or I’ll replace that with you!” Seunghyun shouted. He was looking for something on his drawer.

 

“Aigoo, you must be tired.” Jaekyung still untied the bear.

 

“Jaekyung,” Seunghyun approached her and swiftly held her hand and slid a ring on her finger.

 

“What- Yah! You didn’t even proposed to me, how unromantic.” Jaekyung pouted.

 

“You even demanded for that when you left me before! Aissh, I should have proposed to you in a romantic way if you didn’t leave!” Seunghyun glared at her. “And don’t lose that, and this as well, wear this.” Seunghyun handed her the necklace he has given before.

 

“Do you want me to just put a sign on my forehead saying I am Seunghyun’s property?” Jaekyung said sarcastically.

 

Seunghyun sat on the bed with her. “That’s a good idea, come here I’ll write it on your forehead.” He grabbed a marking pen from the desk beside the bed.

 

“You’re crazy get away from me!” Jaekyung was pushing him away, but Seunghyun has rather pushed her on the bed, now he was lying on top of her.

 

“Okay, I’ll start writing, don’t move.” Seunghyun grinned as he opened the pen marker.

 

“Seunghyun!!” Jaekyung gripped his hands to stop him but he pulled her hands away, holding them with his one hand.

 

“I said don’t move!” Seunghyun chuckled as he started writing on her forehead for real. Jaekyung screamed.

 

“What are you two doing?” Jaejoong was watching, he was leaning on the door, chuckling at the sight of the two.

 

“Writing on her forehead, what else?” Seunghyun said. He has already written three letters from his name on her. “Jaekyung, stay still, I can’t write properly.” He chuckled.

 

“Get away from me!” Jaekyung was trying her every force to push him away.

 

“Yah! Seunghyun, do that faster, your grandma called, she wanted to talk to the two of you.” Jaejoong laughed.

 

--

 

Updated!! The love is back! Sorry if it was a long chapter.. I inserted the flash back here.. :DD I hope you like it!! =P

 

@proudvip ahaha! Thanks.. :D yes, It’s ending soon! T^T I understand what you wanted to say.. hehe..xD don’t worry, I’llmake the ending really worth it! :D hihi.. Thanks for reading!^^

@marciaangela25 thank you! Thanks for reading!^^

@cchristina aww.. thank you!! thanks for reading!^^

@RiboSshi ahah, yeah, she’s really nice.. :3 haha, Jaejoong’s really a prankster here.. :D Thanks for reading!

@jan888 thanks!^^ well, they’re back! Hahaha..xD Thanks for reading!

@ohmyyoungbae yes, the ending is coming near.. :D thanks for reading!

@JVIP13 yes.. but he’s fine now! Just see the last paragraphs, he’s so well..lol..xD haha, yes, in her face! Haha..xD now she got no other way to get Seunghyun.. ;D Thanks for reading!

@wtfelicia haha, yes, his grandma and mom are really jjang!! :D well, he got something back so, I guess it’s fine..haha.. Thanks for reading!

@Passion1 Yes, Jaejoong can be funny..:D yes, or he’ll end up dead from being beaten..haha..:D Thanks for reading!

@kangana awww.. :3 hihi..yes, his grandma is nice, and definitely not a villain!^^ haha, Hana’s reaction maybe is on the next chapter! :D Thanks for reading!

@yenisvip12 hahhaa..xD no she’s not!! :DD hihi..:3 defnitely a jjang grandma! ^^ Thanks for reading!

@neversayaye yes! The romance is really back!! :3 hehe.. thanks for reading!

@mizz_xikha oh, hello there!! Aww.. :3 thank you for taking time to read!!^^

 

-Thanks for everyone who reads this fic, who subscribes. For those who never gets tired of leaving their comments, thank you for motivating and inspiring me. I love you all! T^T