The Little Sister is Rude

Shadow of Love

The next day, Minho prepared for another visit. After he took bath, he informed Sica to be there at lunch. He put on his simple T-shirt and jeans and sprayed some men's cologne. Jung's residence is only five block away so he chose to walk on by. On the way, a bike hastily driven close to his direction almost hit him. Fortunately, he was quick to response.

His eyes went struck as he recognized the careless driver "Krystal!"
 
"Oops you seemed not in yourself. Are you walking on the moon or somewhere?" Intead of asking for a pardon, Krystal still has guts to insult him.
 
"What the...?" Minho got pissed off by her words. He thought Krystal could not get any rude than before but he was wrong. The girl is still lucky being not his sister otherwise he would punish her right there.
 
With her tiger-like eyes, she looked at him sharply then moved away.
 
Minho never met a girl who is mannerless as she. "Act like a lady won't you?!"
 
Krystal heard of it but acted unaffected. She continued driving while thinking about the poster she read earlier. "Would I join that game show?" It's almost a month since she left U.S. and her boredom is just making her weary over the time. She totally missed playing games with Kimberly and Debra, who happened to be her only friends back in states. She is not sociable but the thing that bound them is their playing hobbies. Krystal's athleticism is inherited from her former athlete parents and her friend's influenced made her engage more in physical activities. But her main problem is that she is not good in aprroaching guy and this task seems harder than the game itself.
 
Minho went first to convenience store to cool down his temper. As he was sipping his soda, he could not totally wash away the girl in his mind. The fact that he will go to Sica's house will make him see Krystal again. That girl totally ruined his morning but as he reminded himself about his real purpose he tend to dismiss it from his thought. At exactly twelve noon he proceed to Sica's house. As he pushed  the doorbell, a man in the middle of 40 opened the door for him. He recognized this man as he is Mr. Jung Jaeyoung, Sica's father.
 
Minho bowed down with 45 degree to respect the old man "Good Afternoon Sir! I'm Minho, Coach Choi Yoonkum's son and Jessica's childhood playmate. I hope you still remember me."
 
"Oh yes, I remember you young Yoonkum." They shook their hands cheerfully at their reunion.

"Come in."

"Thank you Sir." They sat down on one of the sofa.
 
"How are you Minho?"

"I'm fine Sir."

"Good. You look a lot like your father now."

Minho smiled at the compliment. "Thank you Sir. How about you? How's your stay here?"
 
"Hmm well so far so good. Our family is still adjusting. We planned to move here since America is facing economic crisis, you know recessions? So me and Kanghye (his wife) decided to start business here.
 
"Yes, Jessica informed me that Sir and I wish you good luck on your venture here."

"Thank you Minho."

"Anyway. Sir, there's incoming pre-valentines show our village has organized. As one of the participants, I'm thinking to invite Jessica to be my partner and also for introducing her in our community."

"Pre-valentines show?"

"Yes. Sir. It's actually sports-theme presentation for the villagers."

"Hmm Wait, I can't answer that. I'll call her for you."

"Thank you Sir." Minho nodded.
 
Krystal who was sitting on the stair heard anything his father and Minho had talked about. "That man will join?" The girl looked dazed to hear that knowing she could volunteer herself to be his partner, but he chose Sica. Whether to whom she will be partnered with, she could careless that much on his ability as long as she knows him. She stood up and decided to approach Minho, but suddenly her ego stopped her as she saw her older sister coming down. Sica's presence always irked her so she quickly ran down toward garden instead. Minho saw her running but he ignored her after he recalled the previous incident with her.
 
"Good Afternoon Minho." Sica greeted him.
 
"Good Afternoon too Sica." They sat down and Minho looked around to see if her boyfriend is present.

"Where's Taecyeon?"
 
"He's in his dorm, doing some stuff before he will go back to States."
 
"When will he be going back?"
 
"First week of February."
 
Yes! Minho got all excited hearing the news. It is a great chance for him to take the moment with Sica.

Minho's POV: Ten years ago since the last time they spent the day happily together. He still remembered how the sun was shining brightly at them. Playing the soccer with each other,  she has weak bone then yet she tried her best to play with him. Setting aside the competitiveness, Minho let Sica to win the game, and after the tiring play, they lay down on the ground that covering with green grass while facing the sky. It was peace and calm as they talked about their future.

"Sica, may I know your dream?"

"My dream?"

"Yes?"

"Hmm I want to be like bird flying anywhere."

"What do you mean?" Being only nine years old then, Minho wondered on what she said.

"I wanna be an independent person doing so many things in life. I wanted like going around meeting new people. Buying anything with my own money."

Minho then realized that Sica is an adventurous girl who love to explore things and he likes it.

"How about you? What is your dream?" She asked him.

Minho took a deep breath. He wanted to tell her that she is his dream but could not able to find courage.

"My dream is to marry a woman who shares the same interest as me, whom I'm comfortable with." He rather say those words that will indirectly tell her what he means.

"Haha you're still child to think of that."

Minho is just a boy who speaks older than her at times. "I'm serious Sica..."

After that sweet moment, their family moved to State. End of POV.
 
"I see. Sica ahhmm I'm went here to ask you if you are willing to be my partner in a special event on February 13."
 
"Ohh what kind of event is that?"

"It's like a game show made for valentine's day. Like we used to do, we'll have to play together and if we win then we'll bring home some good packages."
 
"Oh you never changed. You are still active with games huh?"

Minho laughed. "Of course. So...What you think?..." His eyes were pleading him to say yes.

"Well...You know me, I'm not that good in sports unlike my parents."

"That's not a problem. We'll be there to enjoy and for you to see some of your old friends there."

"I can't promise you a good performance, let's see if can come."

"No, please. Just come. I'll support you like before. You don't need to force yourself, just enjoy."

Sica looked at Minho's sparkling round eyes that full of hope. Anyone could not resist that precious look. "You're so determined, so okay."

"Really?! Yes!" Minho looks like a lucky guy who just won lotto in front of her. He almost jumps to his excitement but restraint himself for doing it.
 
A moment later, the old nanny invited them to go to dining room where Sica's mother prepared for lunch. The two complied following Mrs. Lee. Upon entering the area, Minho saw Krystal sitting on one of the chair with a spoon hanging on .
 
"Hello Minho, nice to see you again." Mrs. Kanghye Jung embraced him warmly as if her own son.
 
"Nice to meet you too, Mam. As always you look so beautiful." Minho responded sweetly at her causing her to blush.
 
"Thank you my dear. Seat down. Here's your chair."

"Thank you Mam." Minho sat down facing Krystal on the table. He glanced at her as she kept looking at him.

They started the lunch with a simple prayer lead by the mother. The meal is consisting of beef mushroom with buttered vegetables and garlic rice. There were also glasses of  red wine beside the dishes. They savor the delicious foods while having some little chat. Krystal was in her own world until the topic about pre-valentine's event was opened. She butts in the discussion caused, surprise by her action.
 
"Mommy can I join the contest too?"
 
"Baby are you sure? I never see you joining games before." Mrs. Jung questioned her.
 
"No. I also join games in the school before. You don't know it 'cause you're busy working." Krystal's reasoning sounded like blaming again and it caught her father's attention.
 
"I see, but you are so shy and still stranger here." The mother was still doubtful of her ability to participate in the contest.
 
Then her father spoke up "Are you really sure you want to join? Or you just being envious again to your sister?" He frankly asked her.
 
It hurts Krystal's pride "How dare he?" Inside her mind, she was not expected them to be so doubtful of her. Yes, they never see her joining games and sports in school because they are so committed with their works. But they should be less dubious of her since she is their daughter. They should consider her willingness to join and to prove everyone that she is athletic just like them.
 
Minho saw Krystal's disappointment of her parent's reaction. He saw her eagerness to join the show and saw nothing wrong with that.
 
"Krystal if you want I will ask my best friend if he can be your partner." He told her.
 
"What if he won't accept it?" Sica asked him, concern of that matter.
 
"Don't worry. I will find a good partner for her." His gaze turn to her parents. "Please Sir and Mam, allow you daughter to participate. It's a great chance for her to mingle to other people there and I promise to take care both of them.

Minho's beg convinced Krystal's parents. The doubt was still there but they trusted Minho enough by his words.
 
"Okay. Mr. Jung agreed. "But I hope my daughter won't give you a headache for that."

Krystal hates the way her parents always prejudice of her, yet she felt bit grateful as she hear Minho volunteered to help her. This guy seems understand her feeling.
 
Minho was on his way to village hall when he saw Jonghyun talking with another woman again. "That boy needs to tie-up on bed." His bestfriend is one of the well known playboy in the town as he keeps changing his partner like wearing a clothes.

He shook his head and proceed on his direction when his bestfriend noticed him. "The Ace!" He called him out.

When Jonghyun saw his bestfriend, his attention went to him and immediately kissed his chick goodbye who was then half protesting. "Don't worry sweety I will call you later." He kissed her again on her lips and ran. Minho continued walking faster wishing his bestfriend to tired himself running.

"Minho you're so cruel!" He uttered to him with gasping breath.after running.

"You seems enjoying that moment with...Whoever she is."

"Oh come on! Don't be jealous  my friend, you're still more important than her."

"Shut up!"

"Okay kekeke"

"So how did you met her?"

"Last night, she was sitting besides me in the train."

Despite of his annoying reputation, Minho accepts Jonghyun for what he is. Since elementary, they are already buddies who share everything to each other even the most confidential things. Everything is great about him except for his womanizing.

"I already found a partner and luckily it's Sica, the one I kept talking about."

"Really? How did you convinced her? Wasn't she's in the states?"

"She came back last month but just three days ago since I found out. I didn't waste the opportunity to invite her and gladly she accepted." Minho was all-smiling while talking about her.

"You are so into her."

"She will be mine someday."

"Good luck my friend. You deserve to be happy."

 "Thank you. However, her sister will be joining too. My problem now is to find a partner for her. Can you volunteer yourself?"

"No!" Jonghyun quickly answered. "I found mine too and it will be embarrassing on her part if I turn it down."

"Is she the woman you met last night?"

"No. It's Yuri. Your crush during High School."

"Ahh Yuri! How the hell she accepted you?"

"I heard she wants to join too so I offered myself kekeke."

"You playboy! Touch her or I will strangle you" Minho and Jonghyun  are always teasing each other as they are more like brothers.

"Relax boy. You already have Sica now.".

Minho has crush on Kwon Yuri from second year middle school until now. She is a tan girl with long straight hair and s-line body. The girl's smile is her best feature. When Sica left, Yuri replaced her in his heart. But she has many fanboys lining-up for her and having her would only be chaos. He courted Eunseo instead. She is also pretty and kind. Like Yuri, she is older than him only their relationship didn't last long due to her maturity. They still became friends after the break up..

"Anyway, do you know someone who can volunteer himself to her sister?"

"I heard Mr. Cheon Myeonghyun is interested too."

"Great,when you meet him, please ask him for Krystal."

"Her name is Krystal?"

"Yes."

"Pretty name. I bet she's pretty too."

"Yeah but she's not your type. She's only 16." Jonghyun was almost interested to the girl because of her pretty name, but disappointed once he heard her age. Like Minho, Jonghyun also likes women older than he. The young girls' inexperience in love is excluded in his list of requirement.

Krystal was on the backyard, playing jumping rope as one of her daily exercise. While jumping around, she was daydreaming about winning the prizes. "If I win, my father won't insult me again and that Sica will be drowning in jealousy of my achievement." She said to herself.  Later, Mrs. Lee approached her and gave her a wireless phone on her hand.

"Krystal, you have phone call."

"Me?" She asked her while receiving it.

"Yes." Mrs. Lee said and left.

Who in the world will call her? Or it will be Kimberly or Debra? "Hello?"

"Hello Krystal. It's Minho."

"Oh hi." She was not expected him to call her. Nevertheless, his voice is deep yet peacefully calm.

"My friend already found a partner for you. He is interested to see you. Would you like to meet him tonight?"

"No. I have something to do, maybe will see him on February 13. Thanks." She lied to him. Truthfully, she is not good in meeting strangers.

"Is it fine for you even if you don't know him yet?"

"Yes. I like him now." Knowing how sincere Minho is, she already accept his recommendation as it is.

"Okay. See you on the event."

"See you. Thanks again."

"Your Welcome.

" Bye."

 "Bye."

This is unusual conversation between them. The first two encounter was messed up but today is different. The way Krystal spoke to him today is calm and appreciative. He learned then that the girl can also control her manner if she is in good mood. On the other hand, Krystal sensed Minho as being thoughtful person despite her cold treatment on him. Maybe he is doing it for the sake of Sica and not exactly for her? She confused herself yet his voice sounds rather honest to her. Regardless of that, she is already contented of having a partner on that event.

to be continued...