My Ex Came Back

Shadow of Love

Mrs. Lee had trouble waking up Krystal, the girl was still snorting so she had to pull up the blanket to disrupt her sleeping..

"Nanny I'm still sleepy." Krystal complained with her eyes were still close.

"It's the beginning of classes. Get ready now. Hurry up." She said this while tapping Krystal's face.

"No. I'm still sleepy." She refused, feeling groggy at the moment.

"Get up girl or I will call Jaeyoung."

"Okay." Hearing her father 's name sent her alarm. She sat up slowly while stretching her arms..She fixed herself reluctantly and wore her white blouse and skyblue skirt uniform. She went to the dining table, looking bored without greeting her parents. She picked her favorite fried egg out of the dishes and ate it lazily..

"Baby you must eat rice." Her mother begged her.

"This is enough." She refused.

"Jessica when is Taecyeon's flight?" Mr. Jung asked Sica. Taecyeon's departure was held up for a month since he has to work with some documents before going back to States.

"Tomorrow evening. I will go with him at the airport."

"You must bring some friend along with you. It's unsafe to travel at night particularly when you're alone from Incheon Airport."

"I can take care myself Dad."

"Maybe you can ask Minho to drive with you." Mrs. Kanghye told Jessica.

Krystal's ears perked up to hear his name, It has been a month since she last saw her oppa. She regret on how she ignored him last time.

 "Minho. That boy didn't show up since January. How is he?" Mr. Jung asked Sica.

"We texted last Saturday. He said he's too busy undergoing some training for the upcoming basketball league. "

"Ahh"

"I saw Minho the other day when I came from market. He was holding hand with a woman. I don't know but the girl looks like his girlfriend or someone." Her mother told her.

The information gave strange chill on Krystal, It scared her..

"Yes she is. Minho told me that they get back together." Sica answered.

Krystal spit some food from . She felt like she got punched on her stomach throwing it up.

"Krystal?!" The father was disgusted with his daughter's lack of etiquette.

"Sorry Daddy, I could not eat  much since my stomach hurts." She made an alibi then to prevent punishment. "I will go now."

"Krystal you should have to take medicine before going." Her mother told her out of concern.

"I'm okay now Mommy. See you later." Krystal was teary eyed leaving the house. She was emotionally hurt by the fact that Minho has girlfriend already. It has been one month without contact, yet she is still affected with that news. She realized then that what she feels is jealousy. Jealous of someone who caught his attention. Minho might no longer be able to see her and protect her because of that woman. She rode in a train while reflecting on it. She felt agitated but she realized that it was her mistake. If only she let Minho explain his part, they might be still friends  up to now. Krystal does not care now on what his status, the important is he will still treats her as like a sister.

Minho picked up Eunseo from her house. She was dressed in a formal attire with her long straight hair unfastened at her back.

"Hello lovely." Minho opened the door for his girlfriend and gently escorted her inside the car. Their lips locked once they get in and their embraces were so tight as if nothing can separate them.

"Don't mess up my first day of class Minho. I'm telling you, I won't be able to get another job if you do." She .

"Then... I will support you." He said to her sweetly and they kissed again.

When Eunseo confided to Minho about her problem, she realized then it was him that she needs. Minho is a boy who is always kind and protective. He maybe very possessive but It is how he gives importance to her. The boy she had broke up once, because of his innocence is now full-grown man she really wanted. She could care less about age difference, what matter is he is faithful to her. For Minho, Eunseo is close to perfect. She is a strong-willed and matured person who can think better for her future. He could vision her as his wife that would take care of his children.

"I'll fetch you again after dismissal, just call me okay?." Minho told her.

"I do. Bye Minho." She replied sweetly.

"Bye lovely and Take Care of yourself."

"Yes I will. You too."

Cheonan is a prestige all-girl public high school. Krystal entered her classroom quietly while all eyes on her. It was so strange as she used to have classmates with different ethnicity. She even heard some girls whispering about her appearance. "She doesn't look Korean, she has big eyes." Being newly transferred gave her double hard time to deal with it like meeting new people. She did not smile nor greet them, she chose to sit at the back as feels more relax on it .

After a while, their teacher came in.

"Good Morning Class!"

"Good Morning Mam!" They all stood up and gave 45 degree bow to their teacher. Krystal who was not accustomed with it forced herself to bow to the teacher.

"Sit down!" And they obeyed.

The teacher wrote her name on the board.

"I'm Ms. Kim Sunyoung and I will be your adviser for the whole year." a 48 years old maiden, downright strict on her policy.

"She looks scary." Krystal thought.

"I will call you one by one. Once I mentioned your name, you have to stand up and introduce yourself. Clear?"

"Yes." They answered.

"Okay Jung Soojung!"

Krystal was started when she heard her name. She was not ready and had no idea what to say.

"Soojung where are you? Is there any Soojung?!" The teacher shouted, impatience by the unresponding student.

Everybody looked around to see who she is

"How come in your attendance sheet, you have an enrollee with this name?!  I will erase her name then." The teacher asked them, wondering on that matter.

Krystal found her courage then uttered "Mam."

"There you are! Why you let us wait on you?"

Krystal did not answer.

"Are you deaf or what?!"

"So-r-ry Mam."

The teacher could see that Krystal was scared maybe because of her voice. She toned it down letting her to speak more.

"Okay please introduce yourself." She asked her litle more calm.

"He-llo ever-yone. I'm Jung Soojung but you can call me Krystal." She told them with her face down.

"Can you look straight at me?" The teacher commanded and she obeyed, fearing at her bossy attitude "What else?... Speak more!"

"I...I don't know." Her classmates who were watching her, felt embarrassed at her situation.

"Come on. Just tell us anything about you self."

Krystal immediately sat down as she cannot contained her discomfort anymore.

"I'm upset by you Ms. Soojung. I don't want to waste my time with you anymore. Do this again and I will not tolerate that trait of yours next time. Okay next, Luna Park" Krystal controlled herself from crying but deep inside she was drowning in humiliation, only she wanted was to go home asap.

On her way home, Krystal spot Minho in an open gym practicing basketball with a trainer. She kept an eye for him from a short distance, missing him badly. "Oppa let's stay friends shall we?" She asked him mutely, hoping to restore the companionship between them. After a couple of minutes, she stood up and was about to go when suddenly Minho stumbled on the floor, holding on one of his leg. He was aching in pain but his trainer was just watching him, a scene she did not like  Krystal rushed to the court voluntary to help her oppa. Minho and the trainer were so surprised to the girl who just popped into their sight. She went to her oppa's side, determined to carry him. Minho was even more surprise to see her action as if she can really do it.

He rose immediately and pushed Krystal's hands off. "You can't carry me." He told her.

"But you hurt your leg. I have to bring you to clinic" She told him so troubled by his condition.

"Nah, It's just a cramp." Minho's brief twitching muscles was caused by all-day practicing. The pain was sharp but it was just temporary spasm.

She felt bit ashamed on what she did yet her impulse to help Minho shows how much she care for him. "Girl. What's your name?" Minho's trainer was curious about her.

"She's Krystal, coach. My friend's little sister." Minho answered him as Krystal could not speak from her embarrassment.

"Hello Krystal. Nice to meet you" Said by the trainer, beaming his yellowish-white teeth.

"Nice to meet you too coach." She answered shyly.

"Arghh why do I always get muscle cramps?" Minho asked his coach, while massaging his leg.

"You have to drink plenty of water ace. You are always putting your strength but forgetful of yourself." His trainer recommended and then continued. "But you're lucky guy huh you have someone who is ready to rescue you." His trainer laughed pertaining to what Krystal did.

Krystal who sat besides Minho, helped him to massage his cramping leg until it was okay.. When Minho was relieved he pushed himself up slowly and ended the practice. He grasped her arm and they walked together on the way home. She went with him silently and wanted to apologize for what she did last month, but instead she just waited for him to start the talk.

"What drove you to carry me, didn't you realize I'm heavy?" It looks funny for Minho to see her acted like a hero, wanting to rescue him.

"Yeah I didn't think that. But because you are always helping me, that's why I wanted to help you too." Her reason touched him. Truly, this girl is known for her rudeness but still has sense of gratitude inside her.

"Thank you. But you don't have to pay me back." He told her.

"I know. I was just upset when your coach wasn't helping you."

"I see" Minho tried to change their topic to make it livelier. "How was your first day of class?" He asked her as she is in her school uniform.

"It's hard." She answered with her sad eyes.

The question did not help her situation so he encouraged her "You will learn to adjust with it. Just enjoy." He tapped her head, while cheering her up.

"Oppa I'm sorry last time. I was kinda overreacting then." It was Krystal's turn to altered the topic. She still needs to apologize from her ignorance last time.

"Yes, It was all misunderstood. But I hope everything is okay with you now. " He said to her.

"Is she your girlfriend?" She asked him directly, hoping for an honest answer.

"Yes. It was a long story. I wasn't able to tell you. I'm sorry."

Krystal nodded. Though she got really jealous of the girl, she felt relieved now. She wanted to ask more about his girlfriend but did not persist as she wants to respect his personal life.

"Oppa. Can we stay as friends?" She asked him, wishing he would agree.

"Sure. You're already like a sister to me." He smiled at her.

"Thanks Oppa." She smiled back. It was like a thorn pulled out from . Krystal already like the idea of sibling relationship better than nothing. The fact that they could continue their communication just like this is enough for her to be happy for a while.

to be continued...