Lover's Moon

Shadow of Love

Krystal walked so fast, but Luna was able to catch her.

"What's the matter with you? Why are you avoiding him?" Luna questioned her abrupt manner.

Krystal continued walking.

"I'm asking you, would you please stop!" Her friend got irritated as she pulled her to stop.

"None of your business!"

Luna was upset by her words "Then I'll go now. I feel useless here." She started to walk away when Krystal immediately realized her mistake.

She apologized to her "I'm sorry."

Luna paused and accepted it. "Please tell me the reason. The last time I saw you two, you look so great. I mistakenly thought you were a couple!"

As they were leaving the Mall, Krystal disclosed to Luna what she was curious of.

"So those are the reasons you're avoiding him?"

"Yes." Krystal answered lowering her voice.

"I understand you now. You fell for each other yet you have to break off since he's already committed and you father opposed this since you're still young. I think It's better choice that you follow his advice than be in trouble again. However, since you're already here, maybe you should personally talk with Minho about this matter. I mean, you can stay as friends if you want. It's better than completely ignoring each other."

"I don't know Luna. The truth is when I heard his voice, I got excited only I'm scared to face him again."

"Are you still in love?"

"I thought I already forgot him."

"So you're confused?"

"Yes. Honestly, I'm still in love. And I don't know how to deal with it."

"You didn't confide to him about your feeling. no doubt it just keeps hanging in you."

"What shall I do then?"

"Like what I said, talk to him. I surely think that whatever happened between you, he'll understand your situation.' She advised her.

They went home as long as they finished the conversation. Krystal agreed on Luna's advice that ignoring him is not a good solution to her inner crisis. She should meet him some day, but how? Meantime, Minho was lying in his bed, tossing up the ball and catching it with both hands. The early incident still recurrent in his mind, Krystal was there though she ignored him. It hurts his pride but then, he does not have the right to blame her for she had been neglected for several months. She has reason to be mad at him for not returning her call. All of a sudden, he wanted to talk with her and to clarify something. He wanted to apologize being passive while she was in Boseong. He just decided to cut off his feeling for her since they have to consider many things. He looked at his cellphone and wanting to call her, yet she might reject his apology. The door was opened and his mother entered the room. She was bringing his favorite spicy ramen noodles. He arose quickly from the bed.

"Ma."

"You skipped dinner so I prepared this. Eat it while still hot."

"Thanks Ma. My friends had treated me in Starbucks, but now I'm hungry again."

She smiled at him. "Where's Eunseo? She didn't visit this past couple of days."

'She's too busy. The school was preparing for the next semester." Minho started eating his noodles.

"I see. I hope you are still contacting each other."

"Yes we do. She even keeps asking about you."

"Oh really? Such as sweetheart."

Minho smiled to see her mother like that. She is always happy whenever she mentions Eunseo's name.

"Ah son you already saw Krystal?"

"Not yet Ma. Why?"

"Nothing. I just think it's better if you will not see her." Minho's eyes startled at her words.

"Why are you saying that Ma?"

"She's an ill-fated girl. She's always bringing disaster to her family. I don't like her"

"Ma. You really don't mean that, isn't it?"

"I mean it and I'm trying to prevent your from trouble."

"Since when did you start hating her?" Throughout his life, he never saw his mother detesting someone like that.

"Ever since you sent her here. I always have this heavy feeling for her." Then his mother left him.

Minho lose appetite while hearing those words. He could not believe how his mother said those things about Krystal. Mrs. Choi despised Krystal. When she heard about the news that the girl came back, she felt extremely disappointed. She thinks Krystal is detrimental to Minho and Eunseo's relationship. She knows her son very well and how does he feels. He does not look like he is treating her sister as he always keep saying. When she had been hospitalized, he almost gave all his remaining time for her despite his hectic schedule. The mother dislike their relationship since she raised Minho to be reputable one. She would never wish to see him marrying the what she thinks unlikable girl.

The following morning, Krystal went outside to buy something to read. She wore a peach sleeveless shirt and short to match her short pixie and side bangs hair for the autumn season. The cute clothes were given by Jessica, and as she walking down the street, some boys were allured by her. She walked to the convenience store nearby then scanned some publications. She saw some Illustrated Sports Magazine displayed there and suddenly remembered her oppa. She still have those collections he gave to her which stored in her cabinet. Interestingly, the new edition has Kim Yuna article whom she idolized in the world of ice skating. She bought it and searched for more reading materials.

Minho went out to attend a meeting with some organizers about Sports Training Program. Their objectives are to encourage youth to be involve in sports and to help them to become more athletic, among other reasons. He waited at the green light for him to cross the road when someone from the other side captured his attention. The person who caught his eyes is the same girl he used to call dongsaeng, Krystal Jung. Only six months of being apart, she grew quickly for she is no longer a pretty girl now, but a beautiful young lady. Her new look raised bumps on his skin, sporting her clean short hair and full-grown body. The traffic light finally turned green, Krystal was crossing the road on the way home when someone grabbed her hand. She was completely surprised and turned her head to see him. "Oppa..."

"Can we talk for just a moment?"

Krystal, still shocked, could not refuse on his request. He held her hand firmly and she followed him leading her to the far corner of the street. When they reached the place, he released her hand. He wanted to hug her there but just looked at her instead. Krystal blushed standing in front of him as his eyes moving all over her. He was wearing his usual gray T-shirt and jeans, denim cap, and sparkling eyes. She could really feel the gaze on her.

"You improve so much, Krystal. I'm happy to see you again." Sweet smile flashed on his face.

"Thank you." Krystal could not repress the same smile, she was loving the sight of him as he to her.

Silence took place in. The awkward moment after a long absence, as usual Krystal could barely say words. The last time they were together popped into Minho's mind. All of a sudden, he wanted to kiss her again and feel the heated passion that she gave in. No, not this time, he wanted to refrain the thought.

"What is that?" Referring to the plastic bag she was carrying.

"Magazines."

"Can I see?"

"Yes."

She opened it and showed them to him.

"Ahh Sports Illustrated."

"Yes. I purchased it because of Yuna."

"She's great."

"Yes."

"Did you finished reading all those magazines I gave to you?"

"Not yet. They are too many."

Minho opened the pages and saw some athletes modeling in there, only they recalled the same situation happened in the hospital when scanning magazine preceded their first making out. Krystal revoked it then quickly hid the magazine inside the bag.

"Oppa I will go now. Mommy is waiting for me."

"Sure. I also have meeting. I'll visit you later." He said to her.

"Yes."

"Take Care."

"You too." She walked away while his eyes still locked on her. If he was not in hurry he would have invited her in some restaurant and tell everything he needs to say. Thankfully, Krystal acknowledged him this time, contrary to what she did yesterday.

At the evening, Krystal sat beside the window, staring up at the sky. Minho's face glued in her mind, she obviously had missed him. Any girl would die to be in her place, yet she seems a dumb pretending to be that cold in their first re-union. Truthfully, when she heard his voice, she retrieved the feeling buried inside her. Now she is scared again, scared of losing control. Her father might get angry if he found out that they had met, but it was all coincidence. Earlier, Mr. Jung warned her about that, but it was really difficult for her to ignore him especially now that she saw him again. She was deeply contemplating about it, when her mobile rang.

"Oppa?!" The RDD ringtone was heard again after a long time. She answered it without thinking twice..

"Hello Krystal. It's Minho." As usual, his deep and husky voice is soothing to her ears.

"Oppa, why?"

"Can we have talk again?"

"Sure. Go ahead."

"Not here. I mean, face to face." He sounded like a boss, demanding to see her in that time.

"Oppa it's already eleven in the evening. Just sleep now."

"I can't sleep."

"But I am." She just made an alibi, wondering of his intention.

"Don't lie to me, I can see you there sitting in front window." Krystal wondered how did he know that, to find out Minho was standing down there with his mobile in his ear. He waved at her.

"I'll go down, wait."

Krystal walked very slowly as she passed her parent's bedroom. She could hear the sound of the TV, but normally they do not go out during those times. She tried her best to go unnoticed and she succeed. She opened the door and ran outside, searching around until he embraced her.

"I miss you."

She felt the warm and tight embrace he gave to her. He really did miss her. "I miss you too oppa." She let herself locked in his embrace, while clenching her hands on his shirt. "Oppa I'm afraid Daddy might catch us."

"Don't worry. If he did, I will take the consequence." Minho used the time for them as he knows Mr. Jung will not allow her daughter to at least talk with him.

"How did you know I'm still awake?"

"I just know it." Minho still hugging her. Krystal was wearing cotton night gown. He could feel the soft curve of her s against his chest so he took off his jacket and covered it to her.

"Thanks."

He invited her to sit on one of the bench nearby.

"How are you?"

"Still sad on unnie's departure. She's busy starting their own business with her boyfriend and friend, while studying MBA."

"Looks like you become closer."

She smiled "Yes. How about you, what happened to the tournament?"

"We finished second placer next to Yonsei. They were more eager than us. Luckily, I got the MVP, the team's consolation price."

"Wow congrats! It's great considering that you are still rookie."

"Yeah, but I still need to improve." His level of competitiveness is too high that he never satisfiy as long as he achieved his goal.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to cheer you up. I broke my promise." She apologized to him.

"No. It's me who needs to say sorry and that's the reason why I'm here."

Krystal looked at Minho while letting him explain.

"I talked with your father after you were sent to province. He told me the main reason you were there and it it's because of me. I failed to defend our relationship to him for he has good reasons. I then realized my fault that I took advantage of you."

"It wasn't only your fault. We both know it, it just happened right away." She told him as she understood his reason.

"Yes, though I should regard your age and Eunseo. I made it complicated for you."

"Honestly, I also felt guilty about it. I should never enter anyway. So I didn't bother to call you since then."

"I'm sorry."

"No need to say sorry oppa. It's all unintentional isn't it?"

"Can't answer that."

"Why?"

"I just can't."

"Please tell me." She was curious why he refused to answer it.

"I really don't understand myself." He stood up from the bench. "Honestly, though it's wrong, my body is yearning for it."

"I'm still dongsaeng for you right?"

Minho looked at her. Krystal is a lady-child, she got an innocent mind over her ripping body. He could not resist the image she is displaying on him.

"Before. But now? I don't think so."

"What do you really feel about me?"

"You're more than that."

"But you are in love with Eunseo?" Thwarted by the fact that he has a girlfriend.

"Same with you." He straightly told her.

"Eunseo is way better than me. I don't think you will love me as with her." The girl seemed insecure of Eunseo. She could not help but to compare herself to the other girl.

"Don't say that. You're different."

"Oppa can you tell me the difference between us, please?" She was actually too curious on how he got to love her.

"Eunseo is exactly my ideal type, matured and smart."

She gulped on his words as she believes she is an opposite. "How about me?"

"You're unique."

She was bit disappointed at his answer. "How come you like me?"

He smiled and embraced her again. He does not want her to feel discontented of herself. "I like you for being so different." Minho loves Krystal's uniqueness, she is not an ordinary girl. She was once known for her cold and rude attitude. No guy will understand her unless he got into her. Despite her personality, he learned to adjust with it and amazingly, discovered her hidden treasures. Not only they share same interests, but inside her she is a sweet and passionate person - a girl full of desire. She was not afraid to expose her self to him, she wanted him and willing to uncover the intimacy inside her, a thing even a married couple would wish for .

"How about me? What do you like about me?" He asked her.

"Too long to memorize." Krystal loves everything of him especially his gentleness, caring, and honesty.

They were able to confess their real feelings toward each other. However..."Oppa I'm scared." Krystal wanted to be with him but what can she do?

They were in love yet confused on what to do. They have to solve this complication that will continue their love without being wrong.

"We're both young and we have dreams to pursue. They are right, still we can't deny our affection, regardless of some uncertainties. You know my part, so let's stay connected without hurting anyone and see the future ahead." Minho told her.

"You mean we must stay as brother and sister like before?"

"Or friends? Anything you want as long as we're not breaking the rule."

Minho is torned between two girls. He was still undecided of which he will choose to be with. Lucky for him, for Krystal understand his dilemma as she has. It is not easy for him to sacrifice one of them. For the meantime, she agreed on his idea. What is important is their happiness, for whatever kind of relationship they have as long as they are both happy then it is fine with her.

"Oppa, I think it will be more suitable if we will become like bestfriends than siblings. What do you think?"

"Yes I like it."

The agreement somewhat resolved their problem. Before Minho left, he gave an invitation to Krystal.

'What is this?"

"Since you're waiting at the next school year. I registered your name as member in the Sports Training Program we are organizing."

"Thanks, I will ask first my Daddy's permission." She told him politely.

"Yes. Tell him that it's free. I saw you have potential and you will enjoy it."

"I'm interested but I don't know if he will allow me because you know."

"I will talk to him then."

"No need oppa. I can handle it but I can't guarantee either."

"It's okay. We can remove your name if you really can't join."

"Thank You again.

"I'll go now. See you next time."

'See you."

"Good night."

"Good night Oppa. Take Care."

"Yes, I will. Take Care too." and he left her.

Krystal watched him going. She felt relieved knowing they are in-touched again. Oppa is really thoughtful of her. He always thinks of what is better for them and she trust him.

to be contniued...