She Apologized

Shadow of Love

Krystal woke up from a pleasant sleep. She stretched out her arms and yawned, then noticed Minho's jacket still on her body. She forgot to return the covering to him after their conversation. She smelled it as she scent him on his jacket. It's like a shield protecting her through the night. She then slowly removed it and realized she was not wearing bra when she met him. She felt abashed to think that he covered her with his jacket to cover her visible bossom. On the side note, oppa is indeed courteous. She went down to the living room where she found her parents watching morning news. It is their everyday habit before going to their store.

"Good Morning Daddy, Mommy." She greeted them. Her mood was notable great.

"Good Morning baby."

"Good Morning."

She sat down besides her father to ask a favor. "Daddy I got invitation letter to join in the village free training program. Sign this waiver please?" She showed to him the letter of parental consent.

"What about that?"

"They are providing sports activities for those who wanted to enhance their athletic skills like me."

"Sports? If Minho is in there, I won't."

"Why not?" Her mother asked the husband.

"You already know the reason." By the time Mr. Jung sent their daughter to province, her mother was already informed about their relationship. Contrary to her husband's response, the wife has no problem with her daughter's relationship with Minho.

"Our daughter is getting bored now. Let her join for her to enjoy her free times while waiting at the next school year."

"Yes, Mommy is right. Besides, Oppa is not there." Krystal needed to lie for him to allow her. She knew if she will tell the truth, he will hold it back.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. He's busy studying...Maybe." She said to him.

"Please Hon. It's good for her to meet new friends." Mrs. Kanghye convinced her husband.

"When will it start?" Her father asked her.

"Next week."

"How about the schedule?"

"Monday to Friday, 4:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. every Saturday"

"Okay."

"Yes!" She hugged her father to her excitement. She was thankful for him to grant her wish. Mr. Jung smiled seeing her daughter's reaction. After Jessica went abroad, the father and daughter became closer than before, as he could put all the attentions in her. "But I need to buy some jogging pants for the training."

"You can shop with your mother on Saturday."

"Thanks Daddy." She smiled cheerfully knowing she will see her oppa everyday.

Her parents signed the consent waiver allowing their daughter to participate. After that, Krystal went to the coordinator office to submit the letter with fill-up form. The office was still closed so she looked for Minho. She kept searching around until she saw the maintenance personnel.

"Excuse me."

"Yes?"

"Where are the organizers of the sports program?"

"They went out for a conference."

"Ahh how about Mr. Choi Minho?"

"He went there too."

"When they will comeback?"

"Maybe after two hours. Why?"

"Please give this to him, it's for the training form." She handed to him the white envelope with her profile inside it and left the office. Later in the afternoon, Minho went back.

"Sir. A girl told me to give this to you." The personnel came to him.

He looked at the envelope. "But the promoter is the one to receive this. Where is she?" He told him.

"She's not yet here."

"Okay, I'll just pass it to her." Minho opened the envelope and saw it from Krystal. He beamed with delight knowing that her parents allowed her. How did she convinced them? He asked himself. As he reads the form, he discovered her birthday. October 24 is few weeks to go. He kept that in mind as he planned to give something for her.

It's a cloudy and cold Monday afternoon, Krystal lingered in the village hall and saw some teenagers like her lining up at the registration table to enlist their name. Sports being included are basketball, swimming, taekwondo, tennis, and volleyball.

"What's your name? The registrar asked her.

"Krystal Jung."

The lady then browsed her record.

"Ms. Krystal, which sports do you want to join in?"

She paused for a moment trying to decide. "Volleyball?"

She signed up her name under the category and the registrar gave her the name tag. "Proceed to the first floor gym at the right side, there you'll meet your trainer."

"Okay."

She peeped through the
opening onto the gym, little nervous about meeting other trainees.

"Where is oppa?" She wanted to see Minho first but he was nowhere to found. One moment, a short and chubby woman in her mid 20's approached her.

"Hello." She smiled to Krystal. "What are you doing there?"

"Mam, I'm waiting for the trainer." She told her.

"Did you enrolled in volleyball program?"

"Yes Mam."

"I'm the coach here. Come!" They entered the gym together. Eyes set on them especially Krystal, she bowed her head looking shy.

"Good afternoon guys!" The trainer greeted them.

"Good afternoon Mam...?" Asked by the trainees

"I'm Kim Shinyoung, your mentor. Just call me coach." She is a former varsity volleyball player in University of Seoul and a current P.E. Instructor in the campus. Though her height is only 5'2 ft, she is an excellent setter.

"Hello Coach!"

Okay let's gather around." She commanded them.

They all sat on the floor.

"So... We recruited you to participate in this program to strengthen your athleticism and competitiveness. I guess, most of you are already involved in sports while others are being interest with it. Well, with the cooperation of our village by the order of Ministry of Sports, they came up with this project of giving free sports training that will help you to improve your talent in any sports field such as volleyball."

They all clapped their hands with the introduction.

"For those who do not know, our primary purposes are to promote the importance of physical fitness and to encourage the budding talents like you. This new era is an age of computer, so instead of sitting in front of laptop, our other purpose is to make you more active. This sport program is a series of activities outside school, where you can engage with it, and enjoy more on your favorite sports such as volleyball. In other words, We are trying to prevent you from some forms of addictions and bad influences. Also, this program will no doubt improve your personality as well as interpersonal relationship with other people. You have your name tag already, for us to get familiar with each other. Any question?"

"Mam are we going to go up against neighboring villagers just like last year's program?" Asked by a female trainee.

"Yes. We will choose the best players among you that will be send to compete with them. So must give your best then." Krystal was listening. It was her dream to see herself playing in that kind of competition. After the orientation, they started the training right away.

"I won't discuss Volleyball History anymore for it already been taught in you P.E.  subject. So the coverage of training is all about Skills, Rules, and Strategies. We will going start from the basic of all and that is - Serving. At the end of training, you are able to recognize different types of serving as I will demonstrate each."

Krystal already knows all the type of servings so she could careless about the matter. She placed her head down, yawning and looking bored while the others were actively participating in the discussion. The coach saw Krystal's inattenticveness so she tried to crack some jokes, still Krystal did not pay attention. Coach Shinyoung continued her demo even she was bit upset by the girl's behavior.
 
Minho went down to look for Krystal. She said in her text earlier that she is already inside the hall so he moved to the registrar table to know where she is at.

"Ahh" He found out that Krystal chose volleyball and so he went straight to the first floor gym and check her. He took a glimpse and saw her alone on the farthest part of the area. She was on the floor with her knees pulled to her chest and her arms wrapped around them seemed like she was sleeping. Her position annoyed him so he opened the main door to call her attention.

"Coach Choi, come in." Ms. Shinyoung called as she noticed him.

"Good Afternoon." He made a 45 degree bow in respect to everyone there.

"The Ace!" Junior trainees were surprised to see the young MVP. "Good Afternoon Mr. Choi Minho." They all greeted him enthusiastically.

Krystal heard his moniker, she lifted her head up to see him looking back at her. She smiled to him but he did not. He turned his eyes away from her, and she wondered. He had been introduced by her coach.

"If you guys wondering, Mr. Choi Minho will be handling the basketball program."

"If I only knew he's the coach there, I had chosen basketball." Sighed of some male volleyball trainee, luckily Coach Kim did dont hear those words.

"Oh he looks realy handsome." Praised by some of her fans in there.

"How's your first training job?" Minho and Shinyoung had their brief talk together in a low tone. While ther recruits got a chance to meet one another.

"All my trainees are boys. It's not hard 'cause most of them are already familiar with thebasic skills. You?"

"So far they are cooperating." Answered by Coach Kim.

"How about the young girl there?" Minho pointed on Krystal. Her head resting on her knees again, feeling she had been snubbed by her oppa.

"Ahh she has been inattentive since I started the demo. Maybe she's not interested at all so I just ignore her behavior."

"Let her participate in the demo." He suggested.

"She's your friend?"

"Huh?... Yeah." He was at first unsure of his reply that he needed to remind himself.

"Okay."

"She's an introvert that's why."

"I see."

"But she's athletic, you'll find out."

"It must be hard to handle her." Doubted by the mentor given by her attitude.

"I'll talk to her later. You can discipline her if you think it can help.." Minho told her.

"Alright."

Minho knows Coach Kim is full of patience, but he is not allowing Krystal's disinterest to be a burden for her.

"Guys, tomorrow each of you will gonna show me these various servings. You have to practice the skills at home."

"Yes Coach!" After their two hours-first day session, the coach dismissed them.

Minho dispatched his boys earlier than Coach Kim. He waited outside for Krystal and wanted to lecture her for her behavior during the demo. She saw him waiting and went towards him.

"Oppa." He did not answer her. They went into his car silently. He was obviously quiet angry for some reason as it shown through his face.

"I'm honestly upset with the kind of behavior you had shown to your coach." He started. "If I were her, I would have corrected you for it."

She then realized the reason why her oppa is mad, because of her lacking of interest on their demo.

"But I already know what she's teaching."

"Even so, you have to be attentive at least. But what I observed, you were not listening at all!" He raised his voice trying to scare her a bit.

"I got bored of her lecture." She told him upfront.

"What you did is insulting on her part. She's doing her best to cater you service while you're not showing any willingness?"

"Are you really scolding me because of her?" Now, it got into his nerve. Her childish query pissed him off.

"Stop it! It's important for you to go recap and do again the basic drills, even the professionals are doing that. And you have to learn too how to discipline yourself, if you want to succeed."

"Okay, you are advising me like my father."

"If you're not really interested, fine with me. I'll send you home now. Just tell me so I can pull you out as soon as possible." Krystal got hit by his words. She was not expecting him to get mad at her since he is always kind to her. Sure Minho is compassionate, but he has no tolerance for disrepectful attitude. When they were still two blocks away from her home, he unlocked the car door, signaling her to go down. Krytal went down quietly, hurtful with the way he nagged her. She walked straight to the kitchen, wanted to confide the feeling with her nanny. She saw her there wrapping something.

"Mrs. Lee what are you doing?"

"It's gimbap, a korean sushi."

"Wow, it looks like makisushi. Why are you preparing that?"

"Your father requested for it." The nanny looked at her and noticed some tears from her eyes. "Did you cried?"

"Huh? No. I just scratched it." She denied it. Her attention then switched to the food instead.

"I'll help you to wrap."

As she was rolling the gimbap she realized her mistake. Minho oppa want her to stay focus on the demo although it bores her. He wants her to at least show respect to the mentor's effort.

Later the evening she texted Minho:

Oppa Sorry.

Minho was doing his project in Behavioral Management when he received the message. Her apologize patched things up. He then replied:

Don't do it again.

In which she agreed.

to be continued...