Forced Separation

Shadow of Love

Minho held Krystal's hand as they walked through the lobby. Everyone could see them will assume that they are real couple. The sparkling of their eyes and the sweetness of their smile made them lost for a moment. Minho got his car from the parking area and drove back to her as he needed to say farewell. He opened the car window for her to see him. Krystal was standing at the exit door when he signed her to come near. She went to the side of driving seat smiling again at him.

"What present do you want me to buy for you sweetie?"

"Anything oppa."

"Okay then. Stay healthy Krystal."

"I will."

Before he went, he pulled her head against his, and they kissed intimately.

Mr. Jung who was then gazing at the window, caught the two kissing lips to lips. He had all the reasons to get angry with his daughter, yet he did not say a word when she came back. When the nanny arrived, Mr. Jung called her outside to talk with her. Krystal was then reading one of the magazine Minho gave when they left her.

"Nanny, when was the first time you saw Minho and Krystal flirting with each other?

"Huh? Flirting you said?"

"Yes. I caught them kissing after I allowed her to accompany him to the lobby."

"Ah." Mrs. Lee was not surprised for she was actually expecting it. When she came back yesterday bringing the medicines, she saw the girl sweating hard.

"I think this is not the first time they kissed." He told her.

"I kind of predicted actually, he's so caring to her and she likes him."

"Yes. But this is wrong, the boy has girlfriend. And the way they kiss... It's... I can't stomach to see her being disgraced again after this incident.

"As if Minho will impregnate your daughter by just a kiss. Trust the boy."

"I can't trust him now, It's irresponsible."

"Remember what Minho did to Krystal. And, If I were you, I'll still feel lucky to have him."

"You don't know what you're saying Mrs. Lee. He is committed to someone and my daughter will only look like a third wheel in here."

"Oh. But Minho and his girlfriend are still not married."

"And so my daughter is only sixteen, she's nothing but a child."

"Jaeyoung, you don't need to doubt them if they are really in love."

"Love? Men are aggressive in nature and Minho will just hurt her. My daughter is so young to understand what love means."

"So what are you going to do?"

"If I have a chance, I'll separate them."

"You asked the boy to stay and now you'll going to break them?"

"What do you think will be their future then if I let this relationship to continue? Although Minho is kind and helpful, when it comes to flesh, I don't think he will exempt my daughter.

"Well..."

Minho is like a son for Mr. Jung. He is a big help for them, from finding his daughter to taking care of her, the father owe him a lot. Regardless of that, he was against their untimely affair simply because they are immature still. He wanted to stop it quickly thus he was planning to hide his daughter far away from him.

Later in the afternoon, a call was received from the police station.

"Good Afternoon. Can I speak to Krystal Jung's parent?"

"Speaking. Who is this?" The father answered the phone.

"This is from Cheonan Police Station, the responsible for holding the case of Tri-Psy Gang. We have just received  the information that some members of the said group were plotting to threaten the witnesses particularly your daughter in taking revenge."

"I thought this is already resolved?"

"The sources said it. So I suggest for your daughter's sake, give her a maximum protection that she needs like hiring security guard for her safety."
 
Mr. Jung seek the physician's permission to allow them to leave the hospital since his daughter was almost fully recovered. After hearing about the impending danger, the doctor gave a recommendation for her to continue her treatments while in home. The hospital approved the early discharge for Krystal's security purpose and the family packed their things immediately.

Krystal forgot to text her oppa so when Minho came back to the hospital they were already left. He tried to call her but she was not answering. When he reached the Jung's house it was Mrs. Lee who met him at the doorway. The nanny was already advised not to accept any visitor particularly Minho, so she made an excuse.
 
"She's in her bedroom, sleeping. The doctor said that she needs some rest since her body is still adapting to the climate."
 
"When can I visit her again?" He asked.
 
"I don't know, I'm just following direction."

Minho went sad, looking at Krystal's window before moving away. By the look in his eyes, Mrs. Lee had sympathized him. Meanwhile, Krystal was in her bedroom, having a headache from an hour of traveling.
 
"Do we need to do this to him?' Mrs. Lee asked the father.
 
"Yes. And I find this latest development to hide Krystal in province."
 
"Where?"
 
"Jeollanam-do."
 
"You mean we'll go to transfer to province?"
 
"No. Only Jessica will stay with Krystal while this problem is unresolved. "
 
"How about her schooling?"
 
"She won't be able to catch up with activities even she recovers."
 
"Was it harsh to separate the two? Minho can take care of her."
 
"No. He can't help. Trust me nanny. It's for their own benefit."
 
"So when did you plan to move her?"
 
"As soon as possible."
 
One week later at the silence of midnight, a shout from Krystal's room was heard "Mommyyyyyyyyyy"

The family members quickly rose when they heard her screaming for help. They went to her bedroom quickly to check her. Krystal was found on the farthest corner, embracing herself.
 
"Baby what's wrong?"
 
"Mommy" She hugged her. "I saw Hyuna. she's coming towards me."
 
"It might be a dream Krystal." Jessica told her.

Mr. Jung inspected the area. "No. The window is open."
 
"Oh God. Thank you she didn't hurt you." Her mother embraced her more.
 
"She went here probably to scare her." Mr. Jung told them. "I think we need to send you in province now." He added.
 
"Daddy?" Jessica was surprised to hear that.
 
"Yes. You and your sister will stay in province for the meantime to get rid of these obnoxious people. So pack your things. So we can depart then at lunch."

"Are you serious Daddy?" Sica asked him, unbelieved in his sudden decision.

"Yes."

While packing their things, Krystal picked up her phone and dialed the number cheerlessly. The fact that they are leaving Seoul made her far away from Minho.  He was not answering so she left a voice message.

Oppa I'm sorry. I didn't inform you. I got sick since the last time and got scared last night. My family is sending me to province to protect me against threat. I'm totally unprepared, I'll surely miss you, stay in touch. I Love You.

Minho heard the message after dismissal. Strangely, he did not know what to reply. He had mixed emotions after knowing her departure. It is for her safety, but getting her away from him is something he could not fully accept. This is the second time a Jung left him, before it was Jessica and now, Krystal.

Choi Family in their dining room, taking their lunch.

"I heard Jung's family left Seoul." Mrs. Choi started the discussions. Minho was there silently eating his food.

"Why? What's the reason?" Mr. Choi asked his wife.

"They said some harasser is stalking her so they moved this morning. If I were them, I will send Krystal back to America. Since she came here, troubles are running after her. What are her parents doing, such useless parents."

When Minho's parents got married, Mrs. Choi Jiwoo chose to stop working in photography to give time for her family which her husband approved. For her, being a full time housewife is the best job. Taking care of her family and doing the household errands can be so hard sometimes but seeing her family in good health is already a payment for her. She disciplines her sons while her husband is away and keeps them away from issues. She maybe a strict mother but her children know it's a pure love. Apparently, Mrs. Jung Kanghye is opposite. Sure she loves her daughter but she's too engage with her work that she always give the responsibility to their nanny.

"Minho how's Krystal's condition" Minseok asked his brother.

"She's recovering." Being with her family, Minho knew Krystal will be safe in province.

"Son, if Krystal will call you, advise her to be contented in province. This place is not good for her."

"Ma, I'm not in a position to suggest it." He told his mother.

"Haaay. Luckily, I don't have a troubled child. And I hope will never have." Mrs. Choi closed the topic. Minho was struck by her last words. He loves Krystal but as much as he knows her, he knows trouble will come along if he persists on their relationship.

It took them one hour flight from Seoul to Jeollanam-do province. Krystal leaned on Jessica throughout the travel while Jessica covered her with blanket. She felt dizzy as well as bearing the heavy pressure inside her head. After they arrived at the airport, Jung Family commuted by bus from Yeosu Domestic Airport to Boseong, Mr. Jung's hometown.  It is a mountainous province with spectacular green tea fields. Jessica and Krystal were stunned by the scenery as their passing through those beautiful fields. When they reached the ancestral house of their father, he showed them the small green tea field he inherited from his great grandfather.

"This is where you will stay while recovering Krystal." Her father told her.

"It's so beautiful Daddy." She was very pleased.

"Jessica will take care of you until the problem died down. Me, your mother, and Mrs. Lee will go back to Seoul tomorrow."

"Why you just can't stay here?" Jessica asked him.

"As much as we wanted. But we have debts to pay off. We need to settle down the terms with our creditors. Don't worry if we got vacant time, we will visit you two here. " Jung family business is in the industry of imported alcoholic beverages delivery. It provide services delivering parcels within metropolitan using small trucks. Their service involves the collection, pick-up, and delivery operations did with labor costs and some equipments. They borrowed money from private lenders and investors to provide their business' financial needs and obliged to pay back those debts with high interests.

The family dined together. They were travel-worned so they went to bed early. They occupied one room except Mrs. Lee who sleeps in the living room. Their parents shared the bed, while the sisters shared the mattress. Before Krystal sleeps, she checked her cellphone to see if Minho replied. She wanted to tell him how beautiful Boseong is, but she guessed he is too tired from practice. Before they leave on the following day, their parents gave them allowances for their necessities including the treatments. Mrs. Jung hugged her daughters emotionally while parting each other. This is the first time their daughters will live faraway from them.

to be continued...