Have to Forget

Shadow of Love

After her parents' departure, Krystal picked her cellphone again and called Minho. He was taking recess, when the phone rang. He answered it:

"Hello." His gentle voice enkindled her cold afternoon.

"Hello Oppa! How are you?" She smiled blissfully.

"I'm good. We're having our snack. How about you?" He fondled her sweet voice.

"I'm okay. I have waited for your call. I supposed you were too tired yesterday. Anyway, I'm here in the Boseong mountain with Sica. Our parents left us since they have to settle some negotiations there. You know, I want to show you my father's hometown, it's so beautiful."

"Ahh I see. Enjoy yourself."

"Yes, that's what I'm doing now. Oppa, I hope you'll visit us here. I'm already missing you."

"Krystal I'm too busy now. You have your sister beside you, just be happy with her."

"But she's not like you. I mean she can't take care of me like what you did."

Minho brought to mind the time when they shared heated passion. It was so intense and nearly unstoppable. Her submission aroused him and her innocence tempting him to crave more. But out of the blue, she is gone too far from him. Whatever the reason is, It just gave him some pain, especially now that he had already distinguished his feeling for her. He felt like he had been slapped on the face when she left him.

"Krystal I need to go inside. I will call you sometimes."

'Oppa, why so fast? Let's talk more."

"But I have something to do. Bye now."

"Oppa..."

"Take Care."

"Take Care." And he ended the call. Krystal tearfully turned down the phone. In a brief time he changed, she did not know why he suddenly went cold and it bothered her. On the other hand, Minho hated himself for doing that. He could prevent himself for punishing them both, but that is the only thing to do, to avoid her.

Krystal sat on the chair all afternoon until the sun came down. Jessica brought her chicken soup she cooked for her dinner.

"Eat this. It's nice if warm."

"I don't want to eat." She said with a frowning face. Her moods fluctuated after the conversation with him.

"Krystal, you need to so you can take your medicine."

"I said I don't want! Leave me alone okay?!" Gruffness attacking her again, but the elder still keeping calm.

"Okay. I'll just leave the food here, but you must eat that later." She put the plate on the table besides her sister.

Right away, Krystal stood up and threw the food in front of Jessica, who made an effort to cook it. Her action offended her sister.

"What's wrong with you?!" Sica asked burned up by her action.

Krystal did not answer, just staring at her pearcingly.

"Whether you like it or not, I'll take care of you. And you have to respect me!" Sica's voice raised up.

"I don't need you. I'll go back to Seoul!"

"No! I'll call Daddy. He will talk to you now." Sica got her sister's phone and started dialing.

"Get out!" Krystal pushed her hard but Jessica fought back and grabbed her sister's shirt to sent her to the floor. The elder used her palm to spank her younger sibling until she gave up. Jessica is smaller but she is rougher when angry while Krystal just cried out her miserableness.

"What did I do to you huh?! Why are you treating me like this?!" Jessica screamed her anger.

"I hate you!" Krystal shouted at her, could not stop from crying.
 
"Grow up Krystal!" Sica was already tearing out of her anger.

"No! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" Krystal rhymed the words that made Jessica slapped her sister to shut her up.

"Okay go back to Seoul! I don't need a sister like you!"

Krystal's eyes gave a heavy flow of tears and Jessica could not help it despite being angry. Her sister is hardheaded girl but she is already suffering from her injury thus made Sica to tone it down.

"I don't have career here and as our parent's request, I'm taking this task to show how much I care for you. You are more important than whatever you think of. Even Mommy would love to be here if only there's an option . So please understand. If you don't like me, at least respect me." Then Jessica left her brushing away her tears.

Minho woke up feeling hungry. He forgot to eat last night due to fatigue. He walked to the kitchen and to his surprise, he found his girlfriend inside cooking with his mother.

"Eunseo?"

"Good Morning." She smiled to him.

"Good Morning. Why are you so early?" Minho asked her.

"My mother took a flight last night going to Germany. I can't eat alone so I went here. I'll be more happy sharing a meal with the people I love. Aren't you pleased?" She asked him.

"No. Of course not."

"Eunseo is improving." His mother told him. Eunseo did not know how to cook hence Mrs. Jiwoo influenced her to learn the skill.

Minho was very pleased to see his girlfriend helping his mother. He has always been enthralled by her making effort to show her love for his family.

'What are you cooking then?" He looked at the stuffs on skillet.

"I'm cooking cherry french toast. My mom always makes french toast so i copied her recipe."

'Wow it looks delicious." The french toast looks delectable with cream cheese and cherry sauce.

"Can I have one?"

"Sure."

Minho picked one and put it on his plate. After he tasted it, he gave her thumb up. "Delicious."

At the dining area, Choi family together with Eunseo prayed first before they shared the breakfast. They made some brief talk while eating the meal.

"Minho, I saw Jaeyoung and Kanghye with their nanny back from the province. I guess that they left their daughters there. I kind of pitying your friend, the child has to undergo this kind of circumstance." Mr. Choi told his son. He used to be Mr. Jung's companion in a sport club society when they were still active athletes.

"Huh? They left their children again? My goodness." Mrs. Choi blamed Krystal's parents again.

"What's their province Minho?" Minseok asked his younger brother out of curiosity

"They are in Boseong now, Krystal told me." Minho responded. He was actually thinking of Krystal and Jessica's safetiness in there.

"It's in Jeollanam-do. Their place is famous for it's green tea fields, Jaeyoung already showed me some part of their inheritance there" Mr. Choi added. Jeaollanam-do can be found at the southern part of South Korea near Yeosu.

"I see. Good for Krystal. Her stalker won't be able to disturb her there. Anyway, let's stop talking about their problem and continue our food, shall we? This is really delicious Eunseo." Mrs. Choi diverted the topic as she hated talking about the girl again.

"Thank Ma." Eunseo answered.

Krystal could not sleep the whole night. Fighting with Jessica, was actually not intention if only her sister could unerstand her feeliing. Her mind was then engrossed with loneliness and negative thoughts. She wanted to go back to Seoul and see the man she adores. She could careless about the freaks scaring her as long as her Minho oppa is around. She did not feel the freezing temperature on the mountain as depression occupied her entirely.

6 a.m. Jessica rested in the other bedroom, could not sleep either. She got deeply hurt by the fight earlier. She was trying her best to get Krystal's affection but her attitude is not welcoming.  She rose from the bed and walked to the kitchen. She paused outside Krystal's door and peeked to check her. Krystal was on the floor, lying without mattress and blanket. It was very cold in the mountain so Jessica got some blanket to cover her sister. She went near and turned Krystal's head gently, hoping she would not annoy her again. She noticed that her sister had fever again probably because of the temperature. She touched her sister's neck and wiped her sweating face with a towel.

"Krystal, let's move to the bed." Jessica asked her as she could not carry her sister. Though Krystal walked off balance, she managed to get into the bed. Jessica quickly went to kitchen to re-heat the soup she cooked last night. She spooned-fed Krystal and let her drink the antibiotic afterwards.

While Jessica putting the cold compress on her sister's forehead, Krystal apologized.

"Sica I'm sorry." Krystal told her. Sorry is hard for her to say to her long-time rival yet that was the only word she could utter. At the end of the day, she knew it was all her fault and Sica doe not deserve her hatred.

"It's okay now Krystal. I accept it, just promise you won't do it again."

Krystal nodded. "How long will we stay here?' She asked her unnie.

"I don't know too, they will just call us."

"I miss him." Krystal used to be so isolated in her room and thus transferring to other places is no different but the fact that she is already missing someone will only added to her agony.

Daddy will go back this weekend. For the meantime, we can call him if you want."

"No."

"What do you mean?"

"Minho oppa. I called him yesterday, he sounded like he's trying to avoid me."

"So It's Minho. Why then?"

"I want to go back to Seoul to apologize to him. I think, he got angry at me 'cause I didn't inform him about this before we left Seoul."

'No. You don't need to explain it to him. I know him personally and he's a good man. He will definitely understand your case." She assured her.

"I hope so."

"Do you still love him?"

"How did you know?" Krystal did not told any one about her affection other than Mrs. Lee. While Jessica, promised to nany to keep their secret so she made an alibi.

"I can feel it because you are my sister." Jessica defnitely approves Minho for Krystal. She was not aware of their current status but she believes the two will be happy with each other.

"What do you think? Is it bad?"

"Love cannot be wrong. You just need to be patience."

"How?"

"You will learn through the process." Krystal's affection for Minho was unpredicted at first. It is a twist delivered by fate. Whenever she needs help, he is always around. She can only offer her love in exchange for his kindness. Luckily, he is reciprocating the same feeling. She could not tell if what she feels is right or wrong, only she knows is she is being happy with him.

Minho planned to pay a visit to Jung's house after the dismissal. He wanted to talk with Mr. Jung regarding on Krystal. He was too concerning of her condition while purposely did not call her to prevent much longing.

"Good Evening Uncle." He bowed down as he approached him. For some reason, he felt suddenly awkward in front of Krystal's father.

"Minho, Good Evening too." Mr. Jung asked the boy. He just came back from the work when Minho met him along the street. "So what do you want?" He asked him.

"About Krystal. I'm thinking about her stuation. I think Boseong is too far and whatever might happen, she still needs us."

'I believe that's the right thing to do. I hired caretaker to attend their needs." He told him.

"Uncle, what's the point of sending Krystal away? You can hire a private bodyguard for her or you can simply ask me to help you." He told him boldy.

"You will just make things worst."

"Worst? I thought you trust me." Minho did not expect him to say that.

"I know you can protect her but what kind of payment are you looking for?"

"I never asked anything."

"Really? Or just milking at my daughter's frailness."

Minho went speechless for a moment. He figured out that the old man already knows what is going on between them.

"Am I the real reason why you sent her to the province?"

"I'm afraid so."

"Why?"

"Listen. I object this relationship because I know you will just take advantage on her."

"But you don't..."

"Understand? As a father, yes. I can't allow this intimacy with your childish motives?"

Minho stayed quiet. The man clearly could not see his real intention.

He tapped him on the shoulder "You are like a son to me so I tell you this before you make wrong move that you'll going to regret later."

Mr. Jung disapproved Minho and Krystal's affair because he believes the two feel more like playing when lust overtakes the genuine sibling love they used to.

"I love your daughter."

"Love is not just feeling. It's more of a choice. You choose to love because it is. If you truly love Krystal, you patiently wait at the right time. But I doubt that and knowing you have girlfriend aside from clinging to my naive daughter, only proves your unfaithfulness."

Minho could not say anymore. After the conversation he went home carrying Mr. Jung words. He love Krystal but then he then realized his mistakes. As the father said right, that he should take into consideration Krystal's innocense other than his selfish desire.

to be continued...