Chosen by Fate

Shadow of Love

The second game is called Tug of War. New pairings will be assigned by the officiators to balance the individual rankings by pairing the lower ranking players to higher ones. The direction caused some disappointment on the part of stronger contenders since their performance will be getting affected by this game. Minho who happened to be the best player in the first game was paired with the weakest player, Juri. Juri who only joined the game for entertainment was very happy being partnered with her long time crush. Her naughtiness however, somehow irritates Minho's fangirls. " stay away from the Ace!" Jonghyun who was the second best scorer was then paired to Bora. Krystal was paired with lowest ranking Eunhyuk then, Junho with Victoria, Danny with Yuri, and Myeonghun with Hyoyeon.

"Two opposing teams will pull the rope over the thin center line, separating the two meters territory. While the boy partner attempts to pull  the rope, the girl partner must reach the ice cream on the table at the far end, and has to eat the ice cream using the spoon. The first pairing to finish the task without crossing the line will advance to the next round. Okay first round match, Danny and Yuri will against up Eunhyuk and Krystal!"

Both Eunhyuk and Krystal are skinny and smaller compare to the other team. Since Danny is known for being a former wrestler, watchers could easily tell on who will win the match up. The game will be the test of strength and that is what Eunhyuk is insufficient of. Krystal who quietly positioning at his back had to rely on her new partner.

"Don't worry I will give all my strength for you." Eunhyuk told her, causing some laugher..

At the beginning, Eunhyuk and Krystal tried their very best to pull the rope, however Danny's grip exerted a mighty strength causing the two to struggle. "As expected, from the pro-wrestler Danny." said the MC.

Though Eunhyuk and Krystal are both athletic in their own field, they could not beat the energy of the other team. Yuri cooly ate the ice cream without much effort and by the time she completed her task Danny quickly released the rope causing Eunhyuk and Krystal to stumble over their place. Although their fall looked funny, Krystal shed some tears after being humiliated since she did not expect to lose just as quickly as that.

"And now the second fight: Minho-Juri versus Jonghyun-Bora!" MC shouted. Crowd went wild again to see the ace competing for another game, though they were uncertain for his partner's ability. SurelyMinho's competitiveness spirit will show up but with Juri's dumbness, their team might be in trouble. When the game began, everybody could feel the intense force between Minho and Jonghyun. Even they are friends, they were able to set aside the companionship while playing. Their strength were almost balanced during first minutes but Jonghyun's stamina made him to break away. He could not able to overpower his friend so their team lost. Juri's spirit went high as she kept jumping and hugging Minho. That scene resulted to fangirls outcry "Ahjumma stay away from my Minho!."

Junho-Victoria won over Myeonhun-Hyoyeon Team and advanced to second round against Minho-Juri Team. It was tight battle between Minho and Junho. They have almost same strength that it consumed much time to decide which team will win. Although Minho did all his best, his partner Juri who just turned to drag calf in rodeo could not able to help him.

The final round of Tug of War was the battle between Danny and Junho Team and in the end Danny won the round. Minho's face darkened just after he got kicked out from the second game. He sat down at the bench quietly contemplating on what to do on next game. Krystal who seen his disappointment felt empathy of him. She then wished, she could do something about it. The participants then were given a break with an intermission dance before final game.  

"We are going now to the most exciting game of the event and this is a Pause-Position Dance Game. This game was designed only for our Valentine's presentation as we called it rather, COUPLING DANCE."

"Coupling dance?" Everyone got curiously excited about the new game, judging by the sound, it looks like an intimate game.

"Before I'll explain, let me tell you the prizes of this event. After three games, the judges will tally the individuals scores and performance in each game. The best players among male and female participants will be given a trophy each. Now, since this Coupling Dance is the most important game, the couple who will win this will bring home a CK couple watch and a special dinner date for two courtesy by our sponsors. "

"Wow!' Everybody was astonished to see the CK Men's and Ladies City gold color watch which worth 200,000 won each as the MC informed them. This expensive prize stimulated the participants to win over.

"In this game, players will pick their partner by chance or simply fate. As you can see we have only five chairs here at the center. I will draw first a piece of parchment from a fishbowl to know the position the players will do with their partner. We will put some music and the participants must have to dance while circling around the group of chairs. The boys will rotate on the clockwise direction and the girls on the counterclockwise. When the music stop, each have to pick a partner which is near and form the position using the chair. Since one chair is missing, the last two couples will have to fight for the remaining chair until one of them is out. We will move one chair in each play until we came to see the winning fated couple

Hyoyeon asked "What are the positions that we will form?"

"Good question. Since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, we have five different romantic positions available for you. There are backhug position, bridal carry position, face-on-face position, piggyback position, and sit-on-lap position."

The audience were tickled at the level of intimacy of the game. Anyhow, the players went bit abashed with the imagination of awkwardness with one another. No one could predict on who will end with but for Minho, what is important is to win the game.

"Okay, let's start." The venue exploded at the hype of excitement.

"I will draw now the first couple position." The MC draw a piece of paper and announced "Sit-on-Lap Position! I remind you players that you will only do this after the music stop. While the music is on, you have to dance circling around the chairs or else you'll be disqualified. DJ turn it on!" The song that was being played was from Wondergirls "Nobody". As the rule, the  participants kept dancing whatever moves that suit the song. So when the music stopped, the first one to grabbed a chair was Minho, luckily he had picked Yuri as the nearest girl to him. Some fans exclaimed they look like a hot couple while doing the Sit-on-Lap. Danny had Bora on his lap, Jonghyun had picked Hyoyeon, and Myeonghun got Krystal. Myeonghyun who is twice as Krystal's age had been a lauging-stock on how he looks like a father to her. For the fifth chair, Junho and Eunhyuk fought for their survival. It was a nonstop pulling of chair, while Juri and Victoria on the side kept pushing and hitting each other just to get picked. At the end, it was Junho and Victoria occupied the last seat. "Eunhyuk and Juri are out now." The two hugged each other and waved to the audience as they were the first to be out of the game.

"Now we will remove one chair. The next position will be Face-on-Face Position!" MC shouted. Some participants were slightly disturbed on how awkward it is nevertheless they have no choice. The music that was being played was "Mirotic" by TVXQ, and when it stopped, again the crowd went gaga witnessing the random pairings. Jonghyun did face-on-face position on the chair with Krystal, Minho with Bora, Junho with Yuri, and in the last chair, it was Danny and Victoria who kicked out Myeonghun and Hyoyeon from the show. "So we have only three chairs now. Our next Position is Piggyback!"

The game was indeed diverting as it elicits all the attentions, emotions, and cheers from the crowd. And when the game unfold the final position, four strong participants were left: Junho, Minho, Yuri, and Krystal! The remaining position was the Bridal Carry Position in which they have to form like a married couple. The boy needs to stand on the chair while carrying his destined partner like a bride. It is the most romantic position that will conclude the best couple of the event.

"We came to the last chair left. The couple that will get this chair will have a special dinner date for tomorrow." MC said.

The audience was now assuming on who will be the winning couple. Majority was already betting Minho and Yuri as they were the top contenders since the first game. While some fans were hoping for Junho and Krystal to win as they look adorable together.

"DJ put it back on!" MC shouted. Everybody were already standing on their excitement, they were all waiting intently on who will in it.

Minho nabbed the chair first and his fans gone wild, but Junho took hold of it stealing from him. Either would let off the chair as they were driven to win. Meanwhile, Yuri and Krystal kept stumbling and tripping to each other. The four was indeed strong to reach the final and now neither would not give up. The boys kept drawing the chair forcefully against each other, but Junho unfortunately slipped that gave Minho the opportunity to stand on the chair. Yuri pushed Krystal hardly so she could be picked. Minho extend his hand on Yuri for her to reach but Junho's feet barred her way causing her to fall. Minho who then was too eager to win just catch her hand, pull it on him and carry her. The minute he lifted her, he realized that the one he picked is not Yuri but Krystal!

The crowd suprisingly approved the sight of the new pairing. No one expected them to be the final couple yet they look really match. Everybody kept applauding as they were satisfied at the result of the game. The new couple was astounded, worn-out, and totality speechless on what had happened.. They could not explain on how they landed on each other as they only hear their heartbeats are going faster.

"Minho and Krystal is our Valentine's couple. They are going to have special dinner date tomorrow." Remarked by the MC.

to be continued...