She is Back

Shadow of Love

After almost six months in Jeollanam-do, a call was heard. The sisters were taking their breakfast during that time.

"Hello. Good Morning." Jessica answered.

"Good Mornin' Sica. Taecyeon here. You're already enrolled in Zicklin near the place where I found to put the resto. It's a crowded area within downtown."

"Ahh." Jessica sounded less enthusiastic of the news.

"I already booked ticket for you."

Taecyeon and Jessica are childhood sweethearts. They were classmates from elementary school and became good friends until their twelfth grade high school, when he started dating her. Their families are good friends since Jung family transferred in U.S. Knowing their family background, their parents entrusted them to each other and encouraged them to think of their future ahead. After they graduated from business course, Sica moved with her family in Seoul to got some job for the meantime, while her boyfriend was busy preparing for their first business. This call prompted her to start their long-time plan.

"When?"

"Your flight is scheduled on Monday at 8:56 a.m." Only three days to prepare, Sica felt rather apathetic to hear the good news. She looked at her sister who was eating beside her. Although she waited at it about nine months now, she suddenly thought she cannot leave her sister.

"Could we postpone it for some other time?" Sica asked him.

"Unnie, what will you going to postpone?" Krystal asked her, curious of what she was talking about.

"Shhh" She silenced her sister.

"What happened to you? This is our agreement, we had it planned long ago." Taecyeon asked her, bit upset.

"But I can't leave my sister."

Krystal eyes went bigger as she heard that. "What does she mean she can't leave me?" She whispered to herself.

Her boyfriend was aware of it but he could not delay their plans. "I'm still in the office. I just called to remind you. We have to talk again later." Then he turned off the conversation. Jessica knew her boyfriend was little mad about her thoughtless suggestion.

"Unnie what about that?"

"Taecyeon called me. I'm planned to go to New York on Monday to start our business." Jessica felt rather dismayed with herself.

"No." Krystal shook her head, saddened by the news. "You can't leave me isn't it?"

"Be strong Krystal. There's no way, we can delay the plan, though I want to stay with you.".

"If that's the case, then I'll go with you. Help me to convince them especially Mommy. I think Daddy will allow me since I stopped schooling."

"Sure." Jessica likes Krystal's idea. She wanted to bring her sister there and live with her like what they were doing in Boseong. After they took breakfast, they packed their things and left the townhouse and field to the caretaker. They did not informed their parents about their come back since it was too urgent. After five hours of travel by bus and train, they came to their house safely seeing the nanny watering the plants.

"Hello Nanny!!!" The Jung sisters surprised Mrs. Lee.

"My goodness, my babies!!!" She jumped to her feet seeing the sisters. They ran to each other and gave a group hug. .

"Ohh my beautiful daughters. Why did you go back without telling us?" Mrs. Lee noticed Krystal grown much lady now. Her shiny hair was growing back and her chests and hips went fuller. It gives her more feminine aura than her previous look.

"Krystal you look so pretty." The nanny higged the girl again and pinched her blushing cheek. The last time she saw her, she was disfigured with bruises. Now, no trace of ugliness were found.

Krystal smiled "Thanks nanny. I miss you so much." Mrs. Lee was not able to visit them in Boseong for she had to take care their house in Seoul.

"Krystal will go with me to New York on Monday." Sica said while tapping her sister's shoulder. The nanny saw not only Krystal's transformation but the sister's improved relationship.

"You'll go to open your restaurant then?" The nanny asked Jessica.

"Yes, same time taking my masters." She answered.

"Did your parents know Krystal will be going with you?"

"No, but we will talk to them about it. I want to convince them."

They went inside carrying their baggagse and while the nanny preparing for the food, the two took some nap together. When their parents came home, they saw their bags.

"Nanny, Jessica and Krystal are here?" Mrs. Jung surprisingly saw those bags which belongs to her daughters.

"Yes. They are resting in Jessica's bedroom. She got call from New York."

"I see." Mrs. Kanghye then informed her husband that their daughters just came back from Boseong.

After an hour, the sisters went down stairs to meet their parents. They payed respect and hugged them. Mrs. Jung was more excited to see her youngest child who got the warmeer embrace from her mother.

"Dad, Mom Taecyeon called me earlier and sorry for not telling you."

"It's okay. We had long-waited for that." Mrs. Jung respond to her eldest daughter as they were already expecting Taecyeon's call since they moved to Seol.

"I have to ask, please let Krystal to come with me."

"Huh? No. Krystal won't go with you." Mrs. Jung disapproved quickly.

Krystal already expected her mother's answer, but still got dismayed by her oppose response.

"I can ask my friend though. We'll be living in her apartment."

"No. Krystal is still young. It's better if she's here that we can monitor her."

Krystal gripped her sister's hand, quietly protesting on her mother's decision.

"Just like we're in Boseong. I can take care of her even I'll do some other things." Jessica assured her mother.

Then Mr. Jung who was then listening spoke up "No, U.S. is too far. She will only becomes more depress when you're already busy." He said that based on their experience back then.

"But what will I do here while waiting at the next school year?" Krystal tears began falling, she begged them humbly as she was scared to stay without her sister.

"Krystal understand us please." Her mother plead.

"I want to go with Sica." Their parents noticed that their daughters developed closeness to each other. However, they do not want to let her suffer again as they were in America.

"U.S. is too busy Krystal. I think you already experienced how hard it was when we're still there. Jessica will divide her attention with studies and career so we think It's better option if we won't allow you. Stay here so that we could provide you more time than before." He told Krystal sincerely.

After eating, Krystal went to Jessica and helped her to pack things still crying.

"Why I always feel being abandoned?" She told her as she could not afford to see her sister leaving.

"Don't say that." Sica told her.

"Our parent's deserted us in Boseong and now you're going to go again." She told her.

"They love you. I see, they are suffering as much as you hate it. Our business is still struggling that's why they are too busy to work it out. They still need to watch you everytime."

"I can't."

"Have patience Krystal, we better to obey them. Whatever they decide is for our own benefits."

"Unnie promise we'll stay in contact?"

"Yes, I'll promise to keep in touch with you."

Krystal slept with her sister. Their mother visited them and pulled the blanket to Krystal. She knew how hard for her to bear this consequence again..At the touched of her mother, Krystal awaked. "Mommy" She called her.

"Yes?" Her mother sat besides her. Jessica was sleeping on the other side of the bed

Krystal rose up "I will miss Jessica."

"Yes, same with me. Someday, she will get marry and what she is doing now is for their future."

"I'm left alone again." She told her, looking sad.

"Really? How about me, your Daddy, and Mrs. Lee?"

"You are so business-minded."

"Don't worry, I promise to give you more time now that Jessica will soon away. We'll get more bonding right?"

"Yes. I like that."

And she hugged her daughter.

The whole family escorted Jessica to the airport. They waited two hours until the passengers were called in, Sica kissed them farewell and hugged them one by one.

"Take care." Mr. Jung embraced her elder daughter. It was so warmth.

"God Bless you baby. Please call more often." Her mother told her, wiping her tears.

"Yes Mommy I will." Jessica brightly smiled at her.

"Keep in touch Unnie. Good luck." The sisters embraced so tight. Krystal never hugged her sister that much. It was truly an unforgettable moment when they were in Boseong. Her older sister took a major part on her behavioral changes and she was so thankful for that.

"Thanks sister. Good luck to you too. Don't let yourself be in trouble again and take care of our parents."

"Yes. Visit us if you have time."

"Sure. And when I came back, I hope you already has boyfriend." She told her sister while brushing away her sister's tears.

Krystal chuckled. She never thinks It would possible by now.

"Bye!" Jessica gave a flying kiss and they waved goodbye.

"Bye Unnie!" Krystal watched her sister leaving. "You're amazing Unnie, See you soon." She told her in silence.

They went home from the Gimpo airport silently. Krystal was notably lonely while watching the houses passing by through the car window. Mrs. Lee could feel sympathy on the girl "Poor Krystal. Sica have to go when she's already close to her."

When they reached home, the first thing Krystal did was to call Luna.

"Hi Luna. It's Krystal." She greeted her.

"Ohh Krystal! How are you? How is Boseong?" Luna's voice is always in cheerful mode, it made Krystal smile.

"No, I"m already in Seoul."

"Really?! When did you got back?"

"Three days ago. I planned to call you but we we're quiet busy then."

"Wow! So you will stay here again?"

"Yeah. Hope we can hang out sometimes. I got depressed when my sister left."

"Where did she go?"

"America. She will stay there for longer period."

"I'm sorry for that. Okay, let's meet tomorrow at COEX Mall after school. You know where is at?"

"Yeah I know that place. Let's meet there." Since Psy-Tri gang were already captured month ago, Krystal could go anywhere again.

On the following afternoon, Krystal chose her long white T-shirt with hearts design and black skinny leg jeans for her malling with Luna.

"Nanny I will meet Luna in COEX. Please tell to Mommy."

"Be careful, just go back early so your Mommy won't get worry."  Mrs. Lee advised her.

"I will. Bye!"

"Bye!"

The friends set time and location where they have to meet. Krystal was already in COEX scanning for some clothes when Luna saw her there. She was doubtful at first because her former classmate has shorter hair now and curvy body.

"Krystallllllllll" Luna screamed her name from outside the store and Krystal turned around.

"Lunaaaaaaaaaa" They ran and joyfully embraced each other..

"Wow! Krystal look at you now (while surveying her from head to feet)! You look so fantastic! I never thought you will suits short hair and your looks so much healthier than before." Luna touched Krystal's arm and felt the leaner meat in there. Krystal used to be thin and very pale even before incident but now, she became more blooming and fresher in the eyes. Life in Boseong is indeed peaceful and simple that makes Krystal recovered faster and regained more physical wellness than she was in Seoul.

"Thank you. You too, you look y now." She praised Luna who had her diet just recently.

"Krystal I will treat you in Starbucks for that." And they giggled.

"Okay." They went to Starbucks joyously walking hand in hand. They ordered Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino with some Egg Salad Sandwiches. They chatted everything about Boseong and some of their classmates in Cheonan, while taking their snacks.

Only five customers were inside cafe, when a bunch of guys entered. One guy from them looks so familiar to Luna.

"Krystal is that Minho Oppa?"

"Where?!" Krystal was shocked at what she said. She did not expect him to be there in the same area. Luna lips pointed his direction. The guys' laugh echoing the place of cafe and as Krystal heard it, she knew he was one of them.

Krystal hide herself between her hands. She could not explain if what she feels is shy or was trying to avoid another set of feelings. Minho did not saw her as she covered her face with her palms. His group sat at far end of the area.

"Why are you covering your face? Wouldn't you want to meet your oppa?" Luna asked her, but Krystal did not want to see him. She even did not made an effort to just glimpse at him. It was almost six months they had no contact and Krystal could only feel awkward at this point. "Your oppa is goodlooking as usual." Luna looked at him, talking with his friends.  

"I want to go now." Krystal picked her drink and stood to leave. Her face downed wanting not to be noticed.

"Why? Did you quarrel?" Luna asked her while wearing her school bag. She followed her but clumsily dropped her bag in a rush. "Krystal wait!" Luna unintentionally shouted her name while picking her bag up. Krystal got upset as her purpose failed. She walked away faster as she could, hence Luna had to run after her. "Wait!"

Minho and his friends turned around as they heard the familiar name. They know Krystal since valentine's game show she participated in. Minho recognized the girl who shouted her name as she is her bestfriend, he met when they were in hospital. He knew Krystal was with her though he could not able to see her as she ran quickly. "She is here." He told himself.

"Krystal is the name of your friend right?" Chansung asked him.

"Right." Minho answered, bewildered by her return.

"It might be her." His friend guessed it.

Jonghyun was with them. He knew what was running in Minho's mind that time. He is the only one who knows their secret and so he diverted their attentions instead.

"No. Krystal is at their province. That girl shares the same name. Right Minho?"

"Oh... Right." Minho answered though deep down, he fully knew it was her.

to be continued...