Loving You

Shadow of Love

Mrs. Jung had been anxious two months waiting for her daughter. She was surprisingly passed long time without getting hospitalized and now her mental and emotional state feels like deteriorating without the help of tranquilizer. Much with her agitation, her husband was still stubborn for doing nothing. The last person that she thought who could help her now was Minho. He was the boy who saved Krystal from accident and the one who found her when a gang tortured her. She almost forgot his importance when her husband kept brainwashing her about his real intention on their daughter. Whatever it is, she knows he is the only person who can find her. Krystal is in love with him, no way she could resist him. She dressed her casual clothes and drove her way to see him. She tried to avoid Mrs. Choi Jiwoo for she will only prevent her having her goal. It was still 7 a.m. as she parked her car near Choi's residence, hoping for Minho to show up. Momentarily, the gate was open and it was him. She approached the boy hoping that anybody will not notice.

"Minho, good morning." Mrs. Jung Kanghye greeted him bowing 90 degree. For a woman who is lot older than he, he felt honored to receive it.

He bowed down too as he replied. He was bit surprise to see the old woman this morning "Good morning too Auntie."

"Dear please. I want to talk with you personally." The mother eyes are so beautiful like Krystal's have, but they look  restless. She was notably had loss some weight, looking sick, and lack of energy. He pitied her situation as he could see her suffering probably because of her missing daughter.

"First, I really feel sorry when I heard  you lose your job."

Minho saw the despair in her voice. "I'm fine now, don't worry Auntie."

"Good." After responding, Mrs. Jung went straight to her purpose. "Did you know that Krystal is missing for two months now?"

"Yes I heard about it." Even before she talk, Minho knew they will be talking about Krystal. However, he promised his self not to get involve with their problem again.

"I don't know if you feel the same but as a mother, I can't stay calm thinking where Krystal is or what she's doing or is she okay. I'm so worried and tried my best to find her."

"I know."

"That's why I'm here Minho. Please, I'm here humbly asking you to bring back Krystal the way you did before? I know it's you who can find her."

"It's not my job to find a missing girl."

Mrs. Jung did not expect him to answer like that. She knows Minho is willing to help anyone especially when it comes to her daughter.

"What do you mean?"

"Sorry but it's not an obligation as you're thinking."

"Why, you don't love my daughter anymore?" By the sound of his voice, he seemed not interested at all.

Minho paused and tried to answer it as honest as he could. "I'm not bound to any one unless that person really needs my help. Krystal chose to go therefore I respect her decision."

It hurts the mother as she thought he was the answer for her problem. "Fine. I thought you can help me more than her father does. Well I'm actually desperate now, finding her anywhere. Moreover, my husband became so conceited as he rather prioritize his image than our daughter's condition." Mrs. Jung is sensitive as her daughter, she easily cries when she is burdened.

It is actually the family's duty to deal with it yet Mr. Jung gave up on his troublesome daughter. He was too busy with his business that he had no time for this capricious matter. He thought that giving Krystal some space might change anything afterwards. He truthfully wanted her to go back but while she keeps ruining their family's name, she rather far away. On the other hand, Jessica was not informed about it since the mother especially worried of her reaction if she found out. Such a burdensome to carry this load, Mrs. Jung felt like dying slowly as no one could help her.

"Okay then. I'm sorry for disturbing you."

Minho was hard to convince. It is not like he do not want to see Krystal again, but it was not his duty anymore as he no longer committed with her.

Mrs. Jung then tried every contact that Krystal had in the past. She then went to Luna's house, her daughter's classmate and bestfriend in Cheonan.

"Luna."

"Yes Mam?"

Luna expected this long ago that the mother will visit to ask her about Krystal yet she tried her best not say the truth.

"Can you help me?"

"Hmm yes Mam. What can I do?"

"My daughter is gone since three months. I'm wondering if she's with you since you're close."

"Rea-lly? I didn't know that Mam, I'm sorry." Luna pretended surprised and sympathetic.

"You mean you don't know it?"

"I'm sorry but we lose communication since she left Cheonan."

"Oh." Luna was Mrs. Jung's last hope, if she could not tell anything then where to find her? She was planning to get some help from media yet her husband is preventing her to avoid unnecessary publicity.

Luna on the other hand felt guilty of lying. She blamed Krystal for making her doing that just for her own good. When she saw Mrs. Jung begging for an answer, she could almost reveal. It is hard to see a mother suffering like that especially that her daughter wishes it. Even if her rebellion was due to her parent's fault, she has no reason to punish them like this. While studying, Luna was truly bothered by it. She scratched her head, what if she tells it, will Krystal forgive her? However she could not easily betray her bestfriend just like that. She needed someone who could help her on this matter. She got her bestfriend's mobile inside her cabinet, the thing she loan her before going to Boseong. As she was checking the contact and inbox, she saw Minho's sms and mms undeleted. Oppa is madly in love base on the messages he had sent to Krystal.

Krystal, let our fingers entwined amidst trials. ~ Minho

It was so short but powerful and it touches Luna so much. Such a wasted relationship if they just ended there. However It is possible that they are still in love even if they broke up. Krystal was obviously struggling but it does not mean that she entirely forsaken him. This undeleted messages prove how she keeps Minho inside her heart even if tells the opposite. Something in him that pushed her to confess the truth rather than to Krystal's parents. She was forbidden to tell him yet It was he who can justify his ex's wrongdoing.

"Oppa?"

"May I know who is this?" Minho's voice is deep and charming over the phone that made the besfriend giggling inside.

"Oppa this is Luna, Krystal's bestfriend."

"Oh! How are you? Long time no chat."

"Yes. I'm fine. How about you?"

"Quiet good. Where did you get my number?"

"Hmm I got it from Krystal."

"I see. So why did you call?"

"Oppa, regarding Krystal."

"What's with Krystal? Do you know where she's at?" Minho could predict that Luna has something about it.

"That's why I'm calling you. I'm wishing to tell the truth."

"Where exactly she is staying now?" Although Minho seemed careless about her these past months, deep inside he is very curious and worried for the mother as well.

"Boseong."

"Ahh their hometown?"

"Yes."

"I see. But why did you confess it to me rather with her parents?"

"Actually, her mother went to my place earlier asking me about Krystal and I lied. I can't help thinking about Mrs. Jung then. She is so worried about her even her daughter keeps sending fine letters."

"Yes. But I do believe she's strong enough to handle things. It's Krystal's decision after all."

"Yes. It bothers me seeing the mother in pain while Krystal is enjoying there."

"She is stubborn as that."

"Oppa I'm afraid that I betrayed Krystal. What if she ignores me afterwards?"

"Well..." Minho put some little smile in his face. Betrayal was like a tagged word in his mind.

"Please oppa, help me. I want to stay out of this trouble. It's quiet scary thinking that I hide her from them. "

"What do you want me to do?"

"Maybe you just tell them that you find her yourself."

"And makes me look like a spy?"

"It doesn't matter."

"Honestly Luna, I'm staying away from this issue since I'm no longer connected with her. She wished to avoid me and so I'm doing it for her own benefits.

"I know. But you still love her." Minho did not answer and she continued "The fact that you're complying with her wish means you respect her. If she didn't ask for it, you won't give it to her did you?"

"Listen, I don't need to deny it but if that girl doesn't love me back then why should I remain hopeful?"

"Krystal, let our fingers entwined amidst trials, from Minho. Oppa, I just read that saved message out of 89 sms you have sent to my bestfriend. Even before she go to Boseong, she still have your memory. Surely that girl was lying when she said she doesn't love you at all. Now I'm giving you this chance to prove it yourself otherwise let it buried by itself."

Minho granted Krystal's wish and so he put distance between them but the question is if it is indeed her desire. If what Luna said is true then she might probably fighting herself just like what he is doing. He rather sees the answer than ignore it completely. His instinct to see her grown deeply with the request of Mrs. Jung. He declined to help the mother thinking he had no right to intervene in this problem but Luna gave him an idea, something he did not grasp before. He planned to go to Boseong this weekend to see her again and to bring her back to her family. Whatever happen, he is doing something for the mother at least.

Meanwhile, no TV nor radio to entertain Krystal in this boring time. While waiting at her next task, she went to Mrs. Miseon's house and borrowed a flute from her 9 years old son, Seokhyeon. During his first year in high school, she was taught to play flute. Although she is not excellent with that musical instrument, she has this favorite song which she wished to master, Loving You by Kenny G. She specially dedicated the piece for Minho as she tries hard to forget him, but she always ends up loving him more.


to be continued...