Fake Relation

Shadow of Love

"Do you have extra clothes?" Minho asked Krystal as her volleyball uniform gone dirty due to excessive perspiration. After she missed the morning meeting, she decided to stay in gym and practice all alone until she get tired.

"Yes." She quickly changed her clothes inside the restroom and returned to the car. He then noticed her black bra visibly showing beneath the ivory spaghetti strap blouse she was wearing.

"It looks revealing." He flicked the strap and it was still damp from sweat. "Can you pulled this strap out?"

"Oppa..." Krystal did slight protest about him slowly ruling her femininity.

Minho is possessive guy so when he is really in love, he takes the girl as if his own. He pulled up the back of her blouse and inserted a big-size tissue paper inside her undergarment so it can absorb the witness.

Krystal felt blushed at what he was doing.

"Next time don't wear clothes like that."

"Does it look malicious really?" Krystal looked her blouse as she thinks it's just plain. It was actually he who kept observing it.

Minho smiled. Krystal is already seventeen and still care less of herself. It is noticeable that her is getting rounder and fuller that is why she needs to be careful about it.

"Be ready Krystal, I'll bring you somewhere."

"Where?"

Minho had plan to finally introduce Krystal to his family. It was perfect time as his father and hyung were both taking their break from work. Only he was worried about is his mother since she said she dislike Krystal. He is really determined to keep his promise to Krystal as he also planned to break up with Eunseo later on. Since his confinement, Eunseo did not visit nor call him, but he knows she was just busy with her work. When they were approaching, Krystal noticed that their direction is going to his block.

"Oppa, are you sending me to your house?"

"I want to introduce you to my family so they will know more about you. Better prepare yourself." He told her.

Krystal got fully surprised by his sudden decision. The last encounter with his mother stuck on her head and it painfully piercing still. She was totally unprepared with this and it scared her knowing she will going to meet his mother again.

Krystal should be glad but things were rush. "Oppa no. Please I don't want, please send me home now."

"Why you're so scared? Don't worry I'm here for you."

Krystal could not say how Mrs. Choi despised her. "I don't want. Please I want to go down now."

"Stay calm. Leave it to me." Surely, Minho was clueless on the last confrontation between them. Nervousness covered Krystal's body as she sensed another set of humiliation coming.

Choi family were watching news together. They were all in the living room when the door rang. It was Minho's mother who opened the door so much to her surprise.

"Good Evening Ma." Minho came with Krystal on his side, holding her hand. Krystal bowed down but did not say anything as she was afraid to even look at Mrs. Choi.

"Son, why are you bringing that girl here?!" She asked him, looking mad at what he did.

"Ma. I'm bringing Krystal...(he looked at her) My girlfriend." Now that Minho officially declared it, her mother went more bitter at the girl.

"No son! I can't accept this relationship! Not with that girl!" The mother felt her blood rising due to her anger.

Her husband and oldest son heard Mrs. Jiwoo's loud outcry.

"What happen?" Mr. Choi Yoonkum came to his wife, who was then holding her head.

Krystal hide at Minho's back as she already expected this scene. While Minho felt Krystal shaking, he then held her wrist to calm her.

"What is this Minho?" The father asked his youngest son. The brother went quickly to his mother trying to soothe her.

"Pa, Ma, Hyung. I'm here with Krystal."

Judging by her look, the girl looks so informal with her fitted white blouse and short.

"But how about Eunseo? You were set up remember?" Her mother asked him.

"Ma I'm sorry but I'm really in love with Krystal." He stood bravely as he seen his family is against it.

"Are you crazy, how did you do this with Eunseo?!" He mother yelled angrily. For the first time, she raised her voice at her son. Minho tried to hold his emotion, he still wanted to respect his mother even with that words.

"What will happen to Eunseo? Do you think she can take it easily?" His father asked the same question. Eunseo is already a daughter to him. She is quiet reserved and very polite. He thought that doing this would not give justice on her part.

"It's already my plan to break up with her. I'm sorry but I'm having my own decision now.

"Oppa..." Krystal touched him. She was especially worried to Minho now that his family is against his will. Proving that how much he loves her so he had to do this. However, Krystal understood everything and rather go home than witness this rare argument between them.

"Let's talk about this inside." The father asked to talk with Minho personally so as Krystal would not hear whatever he will say. Mr. Choi and her father were friends back when they were still athletes. He would rather complain to his son than in front of this girl. He still considered the girl's immaturity as not to hurt her feeling. Minho gave Krystal a comforting touch "Sit there. I'll be back." The mother then followed them with Minseok escorting her. Krystal was left all alone in the living room. Although they were in closed room discussion, she could clearly hear how his parents disapproved her.

"Krystal is underage, even Jaeyoung I think would not allow her to be in this relationship." His father told him. In Korea, fathers are usually waiting until their daughters to reach 18 before they allow them to date.

"But I made up my mind. Krystal needs me and I can't live without her either." He told his father.

"What do you mean she needs you? Are you her father to nurture her and supply her necessities. It's not your responsibility to support her. You're not even graduate to ensure things like that." His mother reasoned out. Her son was raised to be helpful to others but with Krystal, he acted almost like a guardian.

"Are you sure you're in love Minho? Or are you just catering your own appetite?" Now Minho's father assumed that what he feels is not love rather lust.

Minho could not believe his parents to be doubtful as that. He thought they already trust him for the past twenty years he had obeyed their commands. Never did he gave serious problems nor made his mother shed tears for him. He never intended to disregard their rules only he wished now is to be understood with his choice.  

"No! I don't approve this relationship Minho. Don't break up with Eunseo or else don't talk to me ever! That girl is ill-fated, she won't give you a good life only disaster!" She angrily told him.

"Don't say that Ma!" Out of anger, Minho raised his voice angrily to his mother. He despised that kind of words and though he respect Mrs. Choi above any one, he could not let her insult Krystal just like that. Mrs. Jiwoo was then surprised to see what his son did. Minho is always polite and sweet to his mother but because of this girl, he was changed.

"Stay calm Minho." Minseok told him. The older brother would rather stay away from this problem but like his parents' point, he understand them more than what Minho kept implying.

"What did that girl fed you to make you disrespect us! Is that what we're getting from what you called Love?" First ever, the mother cried in front of him. It moved Minho and was feeling guilty about it.

"I'm sorry Ma." He put his head down, upset of himself. He promised not to give headache even a single chance to his mother, but he broke it. And now he could not take to see his mother weeping as that. Minseok hugged his mother who continiued crying.

"We're not doing this for ourselves but for you my son. For your future. We'll never give concern about it if we don't love you." His mother told him.

"Ma I'm sorry but please understand my feeling too." Minho knelt in front his mother and embraced her as sign of apology.

"No son. Not with her." She told him. Minho tried to hold back his own tears. Surely he could not force his mother to like Krystal but what saddened him is the fact that he hurted his mother.

Mr. Choi who was then figuring out on what to do just gave his final comment about this matter. He would rather end the conversation, seeing his wife in pain.

"Your mother is right Minho. Just listen to her. Don't decide too quickly about things. Let the time tell what is right for you. Don't force things, even Krystal is not ready."

When the discussion ended, the father told Minseok to check Krystal again but when his son returned, he informed them that she is gone. Minho facepalmed himself, frustrated at the outcome of his plan. He did not realized how sensitive it is for both his family and Krystal and thus he felt sorry about it.

Krystal walked her way, losing her direction. She could not think properly as her mind is pre occupied with Minho's situation. He already had proven her that he is indeed in love yet what he did was totally uncalled-for. Now that she could clearly see his family's disapproval, their hope to be together had become dimmer.

Suddenly a car came besides her, the driver opened the window and he called her.

'Krystal."

Krystal seemed out of herself, did not hear anything.

"Krystal come I'll bring you home."

She remained unresponsive.

"Krystal!" She then came back to her senses with that yell and saw that it was L. "I'll bring you home."

"No thanks. I can walk by myself."

"It's already 9 p.m. And with your clothes, guys might assume you're a common ." Krystal did not realize the time and when she checked her blouse and short, she guessed the guy is right. Although she did not like this guy, it is better to accept his offer than encounter some bad guys around. She entered his car still wearing her gloomy face.

"You looks so devastated, what's your problem?"

"Nothing."

"Cheer Krystal! You're so young to look like a haggard mother abandoned by her husband."

"Stop! Are you helping me or just wanted to slander my looks?"

"I'm telling the truth."

"Send me home or else I'll go now."

"Okay. Was it because of Coach Minho?"

"Huh?" L looks like a freelancer paparazzi stalking her anytime. "Are you paid spy or something?"

"Haha I just caught you two leaving the hall earlier."

Truthfully, L followed them then up to they reached Choi's residence. He knew everything that had happened to her.

"Why do you keep following me?"

'That's what you call coincidence honey." L had to lie and convinced that it was all by chance.

Krystal turned away from him. She could not remain calm as she kept thinking about her Oppa.

"Tell me your problem?" L handed her with his handkerchief as she was visibly crying, reflecting on the car window,

Krystal reached the item and wiped it on her face. "Thanks." Although L might be creepy at times, she could not think any one to confide her problem with.

"Tell me your problem so I can help you."

Krystal was now thinking to forget Minho as the best answer for their problem. If she finally gave up her oppa, then everything will be fine for both of them. Surely the wound will still there but at least they can move on.

"It isn't true that I have crush on him."  She started it. "Honestly, I love him."

"Ohh" L already knows it even she said that. Hearing it from just gave some chill.

"I can't tell everything now since I'm not really in the mood to open it."

"But I can help you." He told her.

"No need. I'll just need to forget him." She told him with her head down.

"Exactly and you need me."

"How?"

"Be my lover."

'What?"

"Yes."

"No. I can't."

"Well if that's the only solution for him to give up on you. Here, we don't need to make him jealous, but for him to forget you entirely."

"No! I can't do it."

"Haha then he still come after you."

"I don't know."

"If you'll agree with my plan. I'm sure he'll avoid you from now on."

"I can't do it honestly. I can't deceive him."

"You don't need to pretend since you have me."

"I can't. Is there anymore solution you can think of?

"None."

"I'm not good in faking relationship."

"If you have me then you can say that."

When Krystal was already at home, she had to figure out the plan L made. If Minho oppa learns she is already in relation then he will avoid her. Meanwhile, Minho who was lying on his bed, deciding on what to do next. Clearly, his parents are opposing this new relationship and nothing he could do but to wait at the right time. He still determined to pursue the relationship despite everything. He got his cellphone and sent her a message:

"Krystal sorry for what happened earlier. My family was just upset by my sudden move but I think they will understand us soon. Don't worry much, I'm on your side. Love, Minho."

Krystal read it countless times until she finally convinced herself . She called L to agree with his plan. Not that she did not trust Minho, but everything seems heavier for them to carry. Minho is surely persistent with his plan and Krystal did not want it to be burden for him.

The basketball practice just ended, the  trainees were still there resting while teasing each other. "What Myungsoo? You're already dating Krystal?!"

Minho who was then arranging the balls inside the net got extremely shocked hearing it. He almost fell the net after tying it.

L looked at his seemingly petrified Coach. "Yes." He answered his friends.  

It was like a heavy blow to his stomach, Minho was still in the state of disbelieving it.

"Krystal admits that she likes me. I think the girl is love-deprived."

"Wow L, haha you're my man! Every girl is just a  piece of cake to you." One boy admired him.

"Hahaha I told you so." Visibly proud of his accomplishment, L could not stop talking about Krystal and turned everything upside-down.

Minho was then flaming angrily on his position. He had an urge to punch L with what he said. He then reminded himself that this affair with Krystal remained secret. He rather go out and find her to personally ask about what he think is joke. L saw his coach vanished from the gym, Minho was clearly troubled by what he announced.

Krystal was alone fixing her things on locker, innocent of what L said to his co-trainees.

"Krystal!" Minho ran to her, sweating hard from the state of fury.

The girl got jolted at the sudden call of her Oppa. His voice is loud as thunder echoing the whole room.

"Oppa?" Krystal fearfully faced the man she had never seen this mad before.

Minho came to her and grabbed her shoulders. "What is this L told us? Answer me!"

Krystal saw the fire burning in Minho's eyes. Her heart jumped at the sight of him, she could not say anything.

"Answer me!" He shook her impatiently, searching for the answer.

"Oppa..." Krystal agreed to L's plan to fake the relationship. However she did not realized that Minho will react this way. She remained speechless, trying to stand on her trembling legs. She was tearing for his mercy and yet her oppa is seriously unforgiving.

"Coach What are you doing to my girlfriend?!" L quickly nabbed Krystal out his hands. He was equally mad at Minho as he thinks he had the right to. "Why are you scaring my girlfriend?" He came to him.

"Shut up L! You don't know anything!" Minho told him.

"Oh yeah! How about reporting you on the office? You're clearly abusing one of the trainee."

Minho then realized that he violated the rule when he got caught mishandling her. Minho as a coach is prohibited to inflict harm to any trainee not even to his girlfriend Krystal. He was completely lost to himself when he heard the news.

Krystal then tried to save Minho from L's accusation. "Minho Oppa was just advising me for my incoming inter-village competition." She told L. She then pulled L's hand to leave the room right after.
 
At his frustration, Minho hit Krystal's locker hardly as it sounds. He leaned on it after, questioning the girl's faith and trust "Krystal why are you doing this to me?" Minho felt betrayed by the one he genuinely love. He could not believe that it was only yesterday when he officially declared her as his girlfriend and now she is already with L! That surely struck him more, out of all the boys there, she rather changed him with that craver.

L's grip was too tight. Krystal quickly released her hand off him since they were already outside. "I need to go now." She told him.

"Krystal I saved you from that bastard. You have to thank me then for not reporting him." Krystal recalled Minho's emotion was no joke. His anger looks like he can kill someone.

"I want to quit now." She told him. "I can't deceive anyone especially with his feeling." Krystal became more concern of Minho after this. Even before agreeing in this plan, she felt it will not work.

"Are you scared of him?"

"I just hate the fact these things came worsen." She told him teary of what had happened. "I don't think this is anymore necessary." She moved to leave when L gave her a hint.

"Judging his look, I don't think that Minho will give you up easily. Things will keep coming back unless you prevent it. Think now Krystal, as you still have me. Otherwise..."

to be continued...