She is Pretty

Shadow of Love

Red Valentine's Day. Traditionally in South Korea, girls are the one who give chocolates to the boys during this day so Krystal woke up too early for it. She wanted to make it special for Minho. Without washing her face, she rushed to the kitchen to find some ingredients for her Chocolate Cookie Recipe. She opened the fridge first then opened the food storage. She found sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, flour, baking powder, and bar of milk chocolates. "Oh we don't have dark chocolates, groceries are still not open. Ahh I will go to 7-eleven.." It's only 4:33 a.m. when she drove her newly purchased mountain bike to the nearest convenience store. When she returned, she assembled everything she needed including the baking materials. While preparing, she combined all the ingredients in the bowl, mixed it, rolled the dough on a clean surface, and cut it using heart-shaped cutters. She sparkled some mini chocolate chips at the top as decoration. While the cookies were in the oven, she made a cookie gift box out of cartolina, colored papers, beads, and ribbons. She wrote a short message with "Happy Valentine's Day Minho Oppa!" on a scented piece of oslo paper. Then when her cookies were done, she put them on the cookie rack.

Mrs. Lee who always wakes up 6 o'clock everyday, was surprised to see Krystal in the kitchen."Krystal what are you doing?"

"I'm baking a special chocolate cookie for Minho Oppa. I rather cook it than to buy from bakery."

"When did you learn to bake?" The nanny asked her since it's her first time to see Krystal doing it.

"We were taught about this since elementary. It's easy since I know the basic steps." She told her. Mrs. Lee does not bake except only when she is helping Mrs. Kanghye.

"Can I taste?"

"Sure."

Mrs. Lee picked one of the cookies that Krystal prepared and tasted it. It is still hot and the flavor of the cookies is just delightful as the aroma.

"Ohh It's delicious!" Mrs. Lee commented. She likes how Krystal put her effort on a special gift to someone. "I'm sure Minho will like it."

"Really?!!" Krystal brightly asked her.

Mrs. Lee captured a lovely blissful face from Krystal, the girl who used to be gloomy all through her life is now smiling so pretty. The were always together whenever her parents leave her at home but she never seen her lively as, now.

"Krystal, I wish you will always wear that pretty smile." She urged her.

"I hope so." She answered.

Krystal stored the cookies inside the gift box she made then put them inside the fridge to cool it. She ran back to her room and started to iron her lovely pink dress which her mother gave to her for the prom. It will be her first time to use it since she did not attend the prom last year.

6:00 p.m. Minho just came back from a basketball practice, when he noticed his father.

"Pa you're back!" Minho greeted his father and hugged him tightly after his month long of absence. "I miss you Pa."

"Yes. I miss my good son too. I heard you won Best Player again." He said this while tapping his son's back.

"Yeah. Who else did you think will I inherit these beastly genes?" They laughed together. They had some nice chat about the out-of-town soccer games and drills his father attended.

"Your mother asked me to cancel our valentine's dinner because you have your own date, so I told her to just cook my favorite bulgogi. But why are you still not prepared?"

Minho was really less enthusiastic to go on date but since their family night out is already canceled, now he does not have any good reason to back off.

"I still have two hours to prepare." He answered.

"You better move now boy. You mother already prepared your things." His father command him, He is the person who values punctuality so his son obeyed.

Minho went to his bedroom to find the black long sleeve shirt and dark gray flat front pants over his bed. After he took bath, he sprayed a Hugo Boss men's perfume on his chest and wrist, and then put on the ironed garments and black shoes. Meanwhile, Krystal's parents and sister were already spending their Valentine's outside  With the help of her nanny, she braided her bangs and later applied some light cosmetics on her face. Afterwards, she wore the pink dress and pairs of stockings to cover her wound. She looked at the mirror and turned around to listen for Mrs. Lee's view.

She could not say anything other than praise. "You look so beautiful Krystal!"

Krystal smiled to her, she was pleasantly proud of her nanny's statement.

"Wait. I forgot to put on jewelry." Krystal said.

"No." The nanny stopped her. "You don't need that, because your face sparks like of jewel.". Mrs. Lee believe that a beautiful face will shine more without decoration over it. "Minho might fall for you!" She giggled.

Krystal was not prepared on that. Minho oppa is like a brother taking care of her, yet he is very transparent of his feeling. When he said that he do not like her a his partner, he really meant it. Falling in love might be impossible between them, instead, she hopes for a good friendship to develop afterwards.

Suddenly,  a sound of car beeped. Mrs. Lee took a glimpse on the window to see who it was. She then saw the handsome Minho standing beside his car, waiting for her.

"Oh your good-looking oppa is already here."

"Huh? Krystal jumped to her feet, feeling abruptly tense on what to do..

"Stay calm." Her nanny said reaching her the footwear. Krystal immediately wear the flat form sandals and unexpectedly, she trembled on it.

"Mrs. Lee I can't walk with these heels!" Her problem arise as the sound of car keep calling her.

"Wait let me change it."

"No time left nanny, I have to go!" Krystal ran downstairs toward the door, unable to balance her posture with her sister's heels..

"Good Luck Krystal!" The nanny wished her.

Minho heard the door opened and as he turned around to meet her, he was so astounded to the object who is enchantingly standing there. His eyes roamed at her body from head to foot. Her pink mini dress shaped her alluring body and her face is blossoming like a rose bud. He could not believe that this Krystal could look exquisitely beautiful as now. He always sees her as a plain girl with her usual simple shirt and shorts. Krystal felt the intensity of his gaze, her entire body was glowing red under his flaming eyes.

Minho walked closer and kissed her on her hand, as the romantic gesture by a dating partner. "You look blooming tonight." He told her admiringly. For a moment, Krystal could not move, she could feel her body is fainting by the way he approached her. This is the first time she has been treating like that, it is so strange, but sweet. Minho could see Krystal's commotion inside her, he then held her on her hand and courtly lead her towards the Chevrolet Avalanche (a car his family has been using whenever there is special occasion). He opened the car door for her and went to his driving seat. Before he starts to drive, he gave her a bundle of valentine's calypso orchids he purchased earlier to somehow calm her. Krystal delightly received the flower and said "Thank You." She remembered then the chocolate cookies she specially made for him but damn she forgot to bring it.

 "Is there any problem Krystal?" Minho asked her as she looks kind of upset at something.

"No. Nothing oppa." She smiled to him, telling him not to be bothered by it. When Krystal smiled, she unconsciously revealed to him her precious white teeth. It was  a breathtaking scene which pleasantly satisfied him.

to be continued...