Worst Heartbreak

Shadow of Love

Krystal rested her head on the pillow while watching her cellphone ringing. It was RDD ringtone assigned to Minho and already his nth time calling. Minho and Eunseo have plan to get marry, the sentence which successfully drawing her excitement to answer his call. He did not open about that and so she felt kind of cheated now. Why did he make her hopeful on their relationship if they are planning something? She wanted to know his real feeling then or what he is planning about her, yet all these might only spoil his recovery. Suddenly, she needed to take her pride back and not to submit to Minho's gimmick as to what to do. Just like her father said, Minho might be nice person but afterall, he still a man who has its own intention. Knowing his purpose only hurt everybody, she rather sacrifice her love not to witness further trouble in the future. She loves him so much and was too scared to lose him but if this thing is the only solution, she has no option but surrender.. She was not even sure yet about their future together as Mrs. Choi said she is too immature for him compared to Eunseo. Her mind and heart were now breaking into pieces and so she took a deep breath and finally released its supposedly last tears to end everything about them. .

Minho gave up dialing. He angrily slapped his mobile on his hospital bed. The hot-temper might be part of illness but Krystal's ignoring made it worsen. He could not figure out why she was acting this despite his condition. Although he understand her situation for not being able to visit him because of their parents, but snubbing him entirely is not acceptable as his oversensitive aroused. She is the last person, he could think to put her back on him, whatever the reason she must explain! Momentarily, he had urge to remove the IVs on him  and ask her about this thing that greatly bothers him.

One week after, Krystal underwent screening and had to participate in an all-important volleyball tryout. The players which make impressive performance will be included in their village team line up. Krystal prepared long enough for this. Her desire to be part of inter-village competition motivate her to give her best. She warmed herself up together with other trainees prior to game. She needed some booster now, although she kept eliminitating Minho inside her mind, he remain as her inspiration. Only two teams were formed, involving top players from screening, Krystal landed in Team B. Trainees packed the gym from other fields as they were expecting some intense game during this final process.

Coach Minho had just came back to work since he got discharged from hospital three days earlier. He held the session for the first time after two weeks being substituted. His normal state completely restored as if no flu was traced. He then focused quickly on Defensive Strategies with zone and man-to-man defense. In a man to-man defense,  each defensive player guards a specific opponent and so he called one of his best shooting guard, Kim Myungsoo to demonstrate the play. Myungsoo's weakness is his defense and so Minho showed him how to follow movements to an offensive player. Minho  acted as defender and ordered Myungsoo to give some one-on-one play. Myungsoo dribbled the ball quickly and attempted to run away from his defender, he lifted his foot and made a shot, however, Minho as fast as he, followed him with his hands wide, one hand high and jumped to block his shot. Myungsoo's failed shot cause him to be so disappointed with himself. He was too ambitious and eager to defeat Minho at least once but he continuously failed. He called his coach as his rival and even it was practicing, he took it so serious. When Mnho planned to switch position with him, he set his mind to stop him. Minho dribbled the ball slowly, making some strategy for his offense, while Myungsoo waited at his movement he then surprised him with quick cross dribble and fired-up inside three point line. Myungsoo's defense was obvious so wide for an offensive play so Minho tapped his back and requested him to give tighter guard.

After of his two hours basketball session, Minho dismissed the trainees. He noticed after that, they were rushing noisily to leave the gym. He curiously asked one of the boy who left behind and he replied to him that they will watch a tryout game between volleyball players. His friend Coch Kim Shinyoung already told him about this and so he remembered Krystal. Minho was still grumpy over Krystal's acting cold lately. He planned to talk with her about this matter but he wished her to approach first. She might have some valid reason but her continuous snubbing just hurt his ego. He still wanted to watch the game to secretly monitor her performance or even cheer for her. He silently went down towards their venue and stood at the very back, hiding himself from being noticed. As soon as he entered, he could clearly see Krystal in her yellow jersey "24" sando and fitted white short. The volleyball uniform is like attracting them, highlighting the girls' body curves and flashing some lean legs. She was especially alluring among players with her body proportion and glowing milky skin. Minho then realized how much he missed her. He could forgive her sin instantly if ever she will ask for it.

Krystal was listening attentively on their captain's strategy. Coach Kim acted as referee and so each team assigned their captain as their acting coach. For Team A it was Hyorin and for Team B, it was Gyuri. The tryout for today was only for girls for they already did the system with the boys day before. The players positioned themselves on the court to start the game. Judging by the look on Krystal's eyes, Minho could sense how determined she is. Krystal is the most consistent attacker in their team, that is why she was assigned in the position of Outside Hitter. Noticeably, she gained vast amount of fanboys an Minho heard them loudly chanting her name. When the game started, the service ball landed towards Krystal. She passed the ball to the setter who is capable of orchestrating the offense of the team. The setter tossed the ball in the air setting the play for Krystal again who gave quick killer attack. Her teammates and fanboys enjoyed her flawless first score on the game. Minho saw the improvement of her play, judging by her performance he knows she can represent their team in the inter-village competition. He then decided to go after witnessing it, enough for him to see her. Upon leaving the venue, he heard his basketball trainees talking about Krystal. They sounded like her avid admirers but one of them, Kim Myungsoo (or L as his friends call him) cockily said something which infuriated Minho.

"Krystal will be mine." Myungsoo boastfully assured his friends.

One of the boys "L,  I heard she's hard-to-get . You might find hard chasing her/"

"Nah! She's just easy, you'll see." Minho clenched his fist, controlling himself in anger.  That "Philanderer" L is far worst than his bestfriend Jonghyun in terms of  womanizing. He has the boy-next-door image and probably the most handsome among trainees. His arrogance is coming from his good-looks and basketball skills in which girls are dying to have. Unlike Jonghyun who likes particularly older women, Myungsoo has no age limit as long as the girl is pretty. Willing ot not, he could force her on  bed with his daring style. His reputation is much known among basketball trainees. By the sound of his words, Minho knows L is eyeing Krystal as one of his prey.

"In your dream." Minho quietly told him. He would not let L to succeed his goal with Krystal, not with his girl!

Minho stayed outside and waited for Krystal until she finished the ballgame. He wanted to congratulate her and talk with her about her problem, he was prepared to forgive her. When he heard Myungsoo's plan, he set aside all his hard feelings toward her. He was eager to fix things first before securing her again. When Krystal showed up from the gate, she bid to her teammates goodbye, visibly happy with the result. On her way, Minho suddenly appeared in front of her.

"Oppa."

Minho and Krystal met after of two weeks. Krystal's mood declined as she saw him. Instinctly, she is happy inside seeing him back in his good health but she quickly need to remind herself that she had to forget him. "Oppa I'm sorry I could not come since I'm too busy preparing for this." She told him in less enthusiastic way.

"That's why you can't even answer my call?" He asked her, trying his best to believe on her excuse.

"Yes."  She told him. Her head was down unable to had eye contact with him.

Krystal became so different now as he observed. Before, whenever she sees him, her eyes even dancing at the sight of him. Even the way she speak to him now, is like he is just an ordinary person to her, as if nothing happened between them. Minho was not convinced about her alibis, she needs to say the truth to him.

"Come Krystal." Minho grabbed her hand, wanting her to follow him but she remained stiff on her position. "Come!" He sounded impatience with her cold act and forcefully pulled her inside his car. Krystal could not hold back as his hand seizing strongly against her. She followed Minho fearful of what he will say. She knows he is mad for what she is doing now.

When they got in, Minho started the dialogue. "Krystal what's the problem with you?"

"I said I'm busy." She answered promptly.

"Don't lie. Please, not with me. I know you, but all I can see is different person now. What make you changed? Please tell me. I can understand."

Krystal remained silent. She was searching for her voice to say it. She needed to say it now.

"Please Krystal. Why are you doing this to me?" Minho was too curious to know what triggered Krystal to act that way on him.

"Oppa, I'm tired..." Tears fell, as long as she said that.

Minho was struck by her words, he was clueless on how it was deep until she cried. He knew what she meant and he did not like it. "So you're quitting?" He asked her, pounded by the things that affect her.

Krystal could not explain and she decided to end the conversation quickly before she would break down in front of him. "Yes." She put her palms on her face sobbing with her answer.

They were never officially couple only having some secret affair but Minho unimaginably being wounded by her word. His eyes turned into red as he tried to control the frustration and anger at the same time. How could this girl easily forget everything they shared, he asked himself. "Tell me, is there anyone who pushed you to end this?" Minho has full of pride. He could not accept Krystal will just turn down everything between them. She seemed liked more of forced than having her own will.

"It's my own decision Oppa, just respect me. I need to go now." Krystal opened the car and went out immediately. She did not want to prolong the conversation for it will just torture them more.

Minho felt Krystal was totally lying when she said that. However, this break up was unexpectedly worst of all. For the first time, he could not explain what kind of emotional injury she left on him.

Krystal sat up on one of the bench, still crying. She was hurting as she hurted her Oppa. She felt guilty of what she did but if she will not stop,worst things will come. Her love for Minho is actually the main reason she has to quit. Everything about her is uncertain, only love. She does not like Minho to face bitter consequence in the future. He is perfect man as he is so he deserve perfect future with anyone other than she, she thought.

Minho tried to contemplate about it. His love for Krystal might be out of pity, he thought. She is dependent girl and so he helped her through her struggles. Love was the last thing, he visioned about them but their relationship sparked out of the blue. He was not asking anything from her in return but just stay beside him since he always feel contentment whenever she stays with him. Now that she end it, what he would to do is to forget about her. He has to feel relief as the crisis inside him was already resolved. Whatever Krystal's intention of saying that, the fact she volunteered to quit made him finally chose Eunseo. Everything was set up for them except with Krystal's presence that made thing complicated for him. Now that she is gone, he could continue life without fearing something. However, it is not actually easy as it sounded. Other than being fired up by his competitiveness, losing Krystal was like losing his self-worth. Everything he had done to her was like wasted and so he could not totally accept it.

Krystal could not sleep as she kept thinking about her Oppa. She wished to give more explanation than that. As she thought about him, her cellphone rang, definitely it as not him. She answered her phone. "Hello? Who is this?"

"Hi Krystal, how's your evening?"

"May I know, who is this first?" She asked him.

"I think you already know me, just guess."

"I don't have any idea." Krystal started became restless about him.

"Hmm let's see. I'm a basketball trainee under Coach Choi."

"Then?"

"Haha you're not good in guessing Honey." He told her seductively.

"Hey, if you're just playing sorry. I don't have time. Bye"

"Shhh hold on. Alright, I'm Kim Myungsoo.""

"Ahh." Krystal recalled her teammate, Sulli was willing to introduce him to her. But she was not ready. After all the heart break with Minho, her emotion and status are not prepared at all. "Where did you get my number? From Sulli?"

"Yes."

Krystal felt disappointed as she asked Sulli not to give her number to anyone. "Great. I need to sleep now. Bye."

"Krystal! I like you and I'm serious about it. Would  go date with me?" He got some romantic and sweet voice but Krystal refused to fell under his charm.

"Are you in your mind or something? Sorry but I can't grant your wish." Krystal banged the phone.

After she turned down the phone, L called her again, persistent of his purpose. She covered her ears with pillow not to be bother by it but it was useless. Her evening was already ruined and this man wrecked it more. He called her non-stop. She picked her cp again and asked him to stop. "I wanted to rest now please don't disturb me."

L giggled.

"Are you deaf and mute or what? I'm tired now, give me some rest!"

He remained quiet, only whistling over the phone.

Krystal got more irritated. ""Do you really want to go to jail? Tell me so I can send you there."

"I don't like in jail, too crowded there."

"Then where?"

"On your bed."


to be continued...