Her First Date

Shadow of Love

Krystal was stiffened by distinct atmosphere. The whether was cold yet she was perspiring all over. Minho paused driving under the traffic sign, noticed her damp skin so he reached her some tissue. At the back of his mind, the girl was pretty tense of something.

"Thank you." She told him. while wiping her sweat.

Krystal watched through the transparent car window, viewing the glowing streets passing her sight at the dark evening.  Thereupon, Minho's reflection caught her attention on the car's side mirror. "He's handsome." She whispered to herself. With his strong features and formality, she could only say admiration for him. Krystal cannot besotted by physical look but there is something about him that hooked her. It is not actually his outside appearance but rather the inside.

"It seems like you are enjoying the view." Minho told her smilingly.

"Ohh? Yes. I don't used to go out after 9. It feels refreshing to view the town at this hour."

"So It's your first time to stay out at this time?"

"Maybe when I was small? But I could not remember that evening when I stayed out with my parents."

"Ahh" Minho clearly understood now the reason this girl act rigid earlier. "What do you usually do at this time?" He continued asking her.

"My evening routine is after dinner, I go to bedroom and watch TV or do some stuffs. But normally at 9 o'clock I'm already sleeping." Krystal answered then Minho laughed.

"Is that bad?" She curiously asked him.

"No. I was just amused by you schedule, it's too early. Here in Korea, students are still studying until 11 p.m."

"I'm not that busy."

"Yeah. Good for you."

9:30 p.m. When they reached the Westin Chosun Hotel where O'Kim restaurant is located.  It is a big Irish styled Pub and Sports Bar that can be found inside near the entrance. They have live bands playing Irish and romantic songs and have area where customers can play darts, pool, and even basketball. There is also a widescreen at the center where sports games are being shown. Krystal grasped Minho's hand, though she likes the place but she is not accustomed with its ambiance.

"Did you know that this is the restaurant where Irish Team and Korean players celebrated their success during World Cup 2002?" Minho whispered the info to sooth her.

"Really?" Krystal was amazed.

"Yeah I knew it. I followed their activities." Minho himself is a soccer player so he knew almost every trivia regarding Soccer and Korea.

"I'm a soccer fan too." Krystal confessed. "I always play it with my friends back in America. You know, It's almost popular as baseball there."

Minho did not expect Krystal, who is so fragile, can be so sporty as that.  She is somewhat breakable yet athletic.

The two proceeds to dining area where almost full packed by foreign visitors and local couples. He offered her chair and sat after, facing her. He called the waiter to order from a menu list that found on the table. Minho asked Krystal first about her order but she let him to the job. He who is not really fond of eating western food picked what he thinks are satisfying.

"Good Evening. What is your order Sir?" The waiter asked him politely.

"Hmm let me see." Minho examined first the list." Give me- Mini Pork Rack with Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans, Warm Green Olives, and Romantic Brownie Sundae."

"How about your drink Sir?"

"Sparkling Passion-Fruit Aperitifs." (It is a passion-fruit nectar mixed with prosecco - a white wine)

"How about you Mam?" The waiter turned to Krystal.

Krystal did not know what to order so she just copied Minho's order. With the candlelight on the table and fabulous bay view, Krystal could really feel how romantic it is. As the music plays We've Got Tonight by Kenny Rogers and Sheena Easton, she just put her head down to feel the melody of the song.  Minho looked at Krystal and wanted to hold her hand. Her beauty just matches the aura of the surrounding but her awkwardness was too visible.

"Krystal are you okay?"

She looked at him once again and answered yes while smiling.

"Why are you suddenly so quiet?" He questioned her out of concern.

"I'm listening to the music. It's my favorite song."

"Ahh. I thought, I scared you." Minho assumed that it was he why she is acting that way.

"No oppa. You are kind. I just don't know how to start a conversation."

"Is it actually your first date?"

"Yes." She told him.

This hardheaded girl was experiencing her first time date with him. Her clumsy moves told him how inexperience she is. She tried to be warm but she could not express openly. Then here comes the waiter bringing them their order. They started to eat their food silently. It is very delicious, Minho chose the best menu for them. When they were done eating, Krystal resumed the talk.

"Oppa I'm sorry for my actions earlier." Krystal apologized.

"No. I understand." Minho assured her.

They were both looking around to see some couple dancing. Krystal wanted to invite  Minho for a dance but she was shy to take the initiative. She continued watching the couples until an old white man came to her and offered to dance with him. She looked at Minho and asked if it is okay with him, he gave her then permission since the old man looks trustworthy.

On the dance floor, the man put his arm around Krystal and pressed her towards him, they started to step at the music of waltz rhythm. They glide, slide, step wide, and spin elegantly. People who were watching Krystal with the old man love how they dance. It looks like it was practiced as people commented. Minho who did enjoy their performance started to feel little envious of her dancing partner. His possessive instinct told him to get her back from him. When they finished dancing, Krystal went back to their table and saw Minho sitting silently, ignoring her.

"Oppa was it good?" She asked him brightly.

"Huh? Yes." He answered pretending unperturbed by their performance.

"Oppa let's dance too!" She pulled him and encouraged him to dance floor.

"No. I can't dance." Minho who is being left-footed, would feel embarrass to dance in front of  everyone especially with the foreigners..

"I can teach you."

Krystal was nervous earlier but after she danced joyously her tense went right away. She lead Minho on the ball, holding his left hand and putting his right hand on her back. Together with other couples they danced at the music of  Argentina tango. Minho is completely idiot about ballroom dancing so he just followed her moves. While facing each other, they stepped straightforward, sideways, and backward from the slow to quick beats. Minho oftentimes's tripped on her foot but she never get mad, rather both laughed at his mistakes. They looked like children merrily dancing around as he was having fun with her. To end the tango, Krystal spinned around, and quickly bent backward. Minho attentively caught her back to prevent her from falling then they smiled.

When Krystal pushed her body to stand, her injured knee got twisted causing her to gush over the pain. "Ouch!" She cried.

"What happened?" He worriedly looking at her.

"My injury hurts." Krystal could not able to stand her right foot since the step swayed her wound. Minho got a chair and slowly sat her there.

"Wait." He went first to the cashier and gave the gift certificate they won to pay the bills then went back to her to help her towards the exit. She felt the dull pain still so he chose to piggyback her for her convenient. When they reached the car, he opened the back seat and lied her inside .

"It is your fault, you're so careless." Minho blamed her, lightly spanked her hand.

As Minho quickly pulled her leg upright, Krystal rose and poked his hand. She was wearing short dress and what he did just revealed her undergarment. "What are you doing?!"

"I need to massage it."

"No need."  She pushed his hand again and squeezed her leg together trying to protect herself.

"Relax. I won't take advantage." Minho sincerely told and began massaging her foot.

Minho's hands are big and soft. He gently her leg muscle from downward to upward and circular motion around the wounded area. His massage was relaxing until Krystal felt sleepy. When she was already sleeping, he slowly laid her back again until she was completely flat then he went to his driving seat and started the engine with the key.

As they arrived, he pushed the doorbell and Mrs. Lee opened the door for them. It was passed twelve already when they came back.

"Good Evening Mam!" Minho greeted the nanny.

"No boy, it's already in the morning. Come in."

"Sorry I don't know." Minho apologized. He entered the house carrying the sleeping girl.

"You must have been enjoyed the date?"

"Yes, especially Krystal." He told her

Mrs. Lee guided Minho to Krystal's bedroom. It was so dark so she the lamp.

"Wait. I have to go back to close the door." Mrs. Lee told him.

Minho put Krystal on her bed. After he laid her over, he touched her beautiful face and flicked her nose. "Silly girl" He whispered to her ears while recalling the things that amuses him. While waiting for Mrs. Lee, he noticed the simplicity of Krystal's bedroom with only bed, cabinet, and TV on it. It does not look like a bedroom of a pubescent girl.

"I'm sorry I let you wait." Mrs. Lee got Krystal's pajama and wear it to her.

"Her room is too big for her. How does she manage to enjoy herself all day here." Minho asked out of curiosity.

"I don't know too. Krystal is a loner kid but when she was small, she does have plenty of toys around her so I guess then she developed this kind of introverted when being happy all by herself." She paused and continued "A counselor advised her parents to slowly removed those toys so that her attention might divert for other things outside. She never change so I think It's already her personality." She told him.

Minho knew Krystal is reclusive girl and he could see her dilemma when she is being with others. Only his problem about her is  the recurrence of her tantrum. If he can do something about it, then everything might be fine between them.

to be continued...