To Date or Not

Shadow of Love

Awarding ceremony followed right after the game. Each player who played in the game show received a bouquet of flower as token for their hardwork. Minho and Krystal being the best players of the game, received the trophy and a certificate of purchase for their Valentine's Date in O'Kim Restaurant (a Korean restaurant which caters American, Italian, and Mexican foods). While wearing their couple watch, Minho smiled at Krystal and she returned it back. It was a great feeling for her to win with him, unknowingly, tears of joy drop from her eyes.

When the game show was finished, participants bid goodbye to one another and started to leave the venue. Minho and Krystal who were being complimented on their efforts discussed with the officials on how their date will set in for tomorrow. After the discussion, Minho tapped Krystal's shoulder and the two joyfully went outside.

On the way out, Jessica appeared in front of them to much of Krystal's surprised. She went to hug her younger sister but she yanked from her.

Sica's presence just wrecked her joyful night. "Why are you here?" Krystal asked with confronting look.

"Did mommy not tell you I will watch your game?" Sica asked her.

"No. But you said you will have your date with your boyfriend." Krystal said this while casting a look on Minho, who was then at the side observing them. For her, it was shameless act by her sister to show up to Minho considering that she dropped him over her boyfriend.

"Yes we both watch together but Taecyeon left early to do some business. Anyway, our parents will be proud of you." Sica seems to be used to her sister's attitude sincerely tell her. .

Krystal is very crude to Jessica even if she is five years younger. In a blink of an eye, Minho's feeling of Krystal went back to his first impression. He would not allow Krystal openly to abuse her older sister in front of him, he then cut their conversation.

"Hello Sica. I hope you did enjoy the game." He gently told her in a comforting way.

"Yes Minho. And congratulations too. I'm sorry again for not joining you, I did regret it." Sica smiled to him.

"It's okay, forget about it." Although Minho was upset on Jessica's pullback, he can understand her.

Krystal hate the scene she was witnessing. Whether it is because of  Sica's presence or the way Minho siding her sister made her more irritable at that. Krystal stamped her feet in frustration and walked away without saying a word. Sica intended to follow her sister but Minho nabbed her hand to stop her. He needs to celebrate the night with the girl he adore.

Krystal ran faster as she could carrying her prizes. "The is always destroying my happiness!" She shouted. She could not control her anger so she just sat down on the street, weeping on what she feels. Jessica is always the perfect, pretty, smart, friendly, eevrything postive. Everybody likes her sister unlike her. The fact that they are always being compared to each other made her more insecure and jealous towards her sister. However, she cannot deny to herself that she admire her sister too. Sometimes she has an urge to confide with her feeling, yet the only thing that comes from her lip is bitterness. She draws out the teddybear keychain from the bag she planned to give to Minho. "It's useless. Minho oppa might be enjoying now with her." She told to herself. She went near a trash can and threw the present in it.

Minho and Jessica had already arrived yet Krystal is not with them. Mrs, Kanghye seek for her youngest child. "How's the game? Where is Krystal?"

"I thought she is already here. She left before us." Jessica answered her mother.

The three looked at each other and started worrying about Krystal. Minho volunteered to search for her but as he is about to go, Krystal came in.

"Hey where had you been?" Sica asked her.

"Nothing I just walked around." Krystal answered unable to look at them.

"Krystal you are always making people worrying at you." Her anxious mother went to her. "Don't do it again huh?"

"Yes Mommy." Krystal answered then go straight to her room.

Minho shook his head. He almost forgot how rude Krystal is when she played earlier. She is very attractive being athletic and sporty as he is yet her behavior really disgust him. "How will I date that kind of girl?  He asked his self.

Jung family was quietly eating together, when Mrs. Jung open the topic about the event.

"Baby please tell us about the show? Your sister said you and Minho won the best couple."

"Yes Mommy. We played three games. Oppa and me just won the final game and overall we're the best players."

Mr. Jung was then eating his food while listening to her daughter's story. He then recognize Krystal's potential in Sports.

"We're looking forward to see you play more. Keep it up! " Her mother complimented her.

"What's the prize?" Her father asked her.

"I received a trophy, CK watch, and... Dinner date with oppa." Saying this made Krystal blush.

Her father was bit troubled by that. "Are you going to date with him? You are only 16?" Her father looked reluctant of it.

Krystal could not able to answer as it will be her first to experience to date. Jessica who was sitting besides her father spoke to defend her sister.

"Daddy please let Krystal to date with Minho. It's their prize and besides he is trusted person." She begged for her sister.

Krystal was bit touched by her sister's support. Nevertheless, she was still clueless on what will happen in their date.

"Did you already prepared for tomorrow?" Her mother asked her.

"Yes." Krystal answered, though she was not. She just wanted to assure them that she can handle her self.

"Okay, since It's just a prize. I will allow you to date with him, but be cautious enough." Mr. Jung closed the topic with some warning.

"Daddy, Minho will take care of her. I'm sure he will not take advantage of it." Sica confidently told him

"So be it."

Krystal did not understand what they were talking about. She hates it when her father wanted to control her yet he really does not care of her at all.

Minho was busy fixing his laptop when his mother entered the room. She brought him an evening snack and embraced him at his neck. "How was your game son?"

Minho grasped her mother's arm and tenderly told her "I just bag the major prize." Although Mrs. Jiwoo treats her sons equally, Minho is a sweet boy who cherish him always.

"Good. You must be very happy now?"

"Hmm maybe."

"Why? Was there anything upsets you?"

"I will have a date tomorrow."

"Really?! Don't tell me you have new girlfriend." Her mother was inquisitive about it.

"No. It's one of my prizes. I don't know, but I rather want to spend the valentine's with our family." He told her.

"Yes. Your father is planning to watch a movie tomorrow and to have dinner outside. It's sad If you can't come with us. Anyway..."

"What If I won't show up tomorrow?"

"Who is the girl by the way?"

"Krystal, the one I sent here two weeks ago."

"Ahh that girl."

"I just don't feel at ease dating with someone who isn't my acquaintance."

"But I thought she's your friend?"

"Neither friend actually." He told her guilelessly.

"Hmm I almost like your idea but It sounds not good to desert her just because you're not comfortable with her. It's only a prize and I guess It won't hurt to at least dine with her. Well, as much as we wanted to have you on valentine's, just go so It won't disgrace her.

"How about you?"

"Don't worry, we still can make it. But it's better for you to go with her first than causing an issue with their family." Mrs. Choi advised him.

As saying, Mother knows best. Even if her mother would rather see him cancel his date just to be with them, she is always thinking the better way as good reputation is priority for her family.

"Okay." Minho agree.

Krystal was choosing up dresses from the pile of clothes. She could not decide which is the best to wear for her date. Suddenly, someone knocked at her door.

"Come in." Sica showed up.

Krystal continued what she is doing, while Sica went to her closet and picked up a lovely pink mini dress from there.

"This one suits you." She told her, why looking at it. "And you hair, just loose it and braid the bangs. Minho loves pretty feminine, so you have to put some light make up too." Sica visited her just to gave some tips about it. She knows her little sister is quiet naive about styling herself so she helped her. Krystal thought it was a good suggestion since her sister is an expert about it. Krystal then dived on her bed, so excited for her date tomorrow. Whatever will be, she could feel it's going to be enjoyable.

to be continue...