At Risk

Shadow of Love

Saturday afternoon, Krystal was still lying on her bed so consumed by unending turmoil inside her. Although she purposely broke up with Minho. She felt guilty conscience on how she is manipulating things now. Afterall, the good things he had done to her, this is how she repaid him she thought. But what can she do to overcome this? There are hindrances in between, making it so difficult for them. She then rather break away to free them from commotion they did not intentionally made. She was ever since searching for tranquility so she had to lose even her beloved. Despite this, her action seems like contradicting her plan more.

One moment, her nanny knocked on the door. She rolled on her back and told her to come in. Mrs. Lee entered and informed her "Krystal, there's a guy looking for you."

"Who?!" Krystal was surprised to hear it, it would not be her oppa as the old woman would say his name instead.

"He said he's Myungsoo."

Krystal sighed. Luckily, her parents were out this weekend for them not to see him. If they learned that L is just her fictitious boyfriend, her father would probably whip her out of anger.

Mrs. Lee got suspicious about this girl's relationship with the good-looking guy. She was not updated on Krystal's status with Minho yet something told her that the stranger was connected with them. "Is he a suitor?" She asked Krystal directly.

The girl promptly answered "No nanny and please don't tell that to my parents." She asked the old woman.

"Then why he is visiting you?" Although Krystal became friendly since she came back from province, no male friend ever visited her except this one and the restricted Minho.

"He's a co-trainee. I asked him go with me so I won't be alone in Chairman's party. I'll go down now." Krystal is normally remote when it comes to social gathering. It made the nanny wonder even more on why she chose that boy instead to accompany her.

"Oh! Why are you still not prepared?"  L asked her while glowering his eyes over her pajama and tousled hair.

"I'm having headache but I'm okay now. Wait for me while I'm changing." She told him.

'Okay. Do it faster."

She turned around again, remembering something "And please, don't tell to everyone here that you're my boyfriend." She asked him.

"Why is that a problem?"

"For how many times will I repeat that this is just made-up?" Krystal got easily irritated with L.

"Hold on. Why are you so ill-tempered? You're always shoving to me that word. Do you always pay help with that?"

Krystal got hit by this word. She agreed to his idea so she was obliged to follow him. The guy was a help in achieving her goal but something about him that always makes her feel uncomfortable. "I'm sorry." She went back to her bedroom silently.

L threw himself on the sofa, with his arms resting comfortably on it. Krystal is having an attitude problem but she can definitely recognize her fault. Something in her naiveness that made his desire grow for more. His lust was already aching for her, yet he will not going to play with her unwillingness so he wait at a chance. On his tricky way, the girl would probably fell soon and eventually would submit herself willing to him.

Krystal quickly changed her clothes. She picked her lacy v-neck mini dress and brown sandals to wear. After that, she put some fancy necklace and glossy lipstick. She just simply combed her hair and clipped her bangs. When she went down, L was totally blown away by her appearance. The girl's skin is glowing pale beneath the transparency of white clothes. Her goddess-like look is just too much to handle.

"Can we go now?" This girl's beauty made him speechless for seconds. L had bedded pretty girls before but not as inviting as her now. Krystal awkwardly noticed his reaction, he looks like a child salivating for an ice-cream he just saw. "I asked, can we go now?"

"Oh! Yes." L escorted Krystal to his car. He gently held her hand, had her went in first before him. It was exactly six noon when they left the house.

Chairman Hanwi's residence is big and has landscaped garden. The space of the area could accommodate no more than 350 guests. The venue was sparkling with decorating lamps and lightning elsewhere. There are less than thirty round tables with chairs, clothed with white and green linens. Table napkins were folded like bishop's hat beside the cocktail arrangement at the center of table. Dining utensils were nicely arranged on the table while the caterers and waiters were serving buffet on the corners. The celebrant hired some club DJs who brought their equipments like sound system, sequencer, and DJ mixer. A three layered angel cake was standing besides the chocolate fountain at the center. The guests were all in casual to formal attire and the ambiance was so great as the celebrant's golden years.

It was Krystal's first time attending a huge party like this. Although she could see her co-trainees gathering themselves, she felt weirdly aloof with it. L could see the uneasiness on Krystal's face, she put his arm around her shoulder to lessen her tense. He then invited her to meet his friends there but she refused. "Why" He asked her.

As soon as they entered the venue, eyes set on the two. L's secret admirers would only throw killing gaze on Krystal. She then felt the enormous envy that had put on her.

"I'm not feeling well, maybe I should go home early."

"Huh? The party is just starting."

"Oppa, I'm not good at this honestly." Krystal was still molding her social skill. The environment was strange for her with screaming jealousy all around. "Maybe we can sit here at the near end." She told him.

L got frustrated with Krystal's behavior again. He wanted her to meet his friends and go around them but the girl kept refusing. Momentarily, he got an urge to leave her just to join his co trainees but when he saw Minho there, he then decided to stay with her.

Krystal did not notice Minho's entrance. He went alone with his folded white long sleeves and gray trousers. He was met at the entrance by the celebrant himself. "Oh my favorite basketball player."

Minho greeted Chairman Hanwi with warm smile. The old man responded back, and they cheerfully embraced, each other. He handed him a wrapped gift box he brought. "Happy Birthday Teacher."

Mr. Hanwi was Minho's P.E. teacher back in his middle school year. They both favorited each other as they share same level of passion for sports. Minho learned a lot of things from the old man and one of those is his perseverance. The Chairman is the reason why Minho landed to this coaching job in their training program.  

L then pulled Krystal to a bar stand to keep her away from Minho. He handed her some tequila vodka glass. It was only for an adult yet he offered it to her.  

"I don't drink." She informed him.

"It won't kill you If you give a try." L said to her.

Krystal accepted the liquor, not to frustrate him again. At first taste, it was like a cough syrup with lime juice so she sipped again. She felt a strange burn flowing inside as she taking the liquid. The tequila somehow lessens the tension in her and so she swallowed it until it was done. L's eyes busy roaming around the pretty girls there until some guy approached to talk with him.

Krystal then suddenly felt sick after she finished the liquor. She blamed herself for trying it as she never did it before. She slowly moved away from L without being noticed while holding not to puke in there . As she was leaving, Minho's eyes caught her. He was still talking with the celebrant but excused himself seeing the girl looking unwell. Instinctively, he moved to follow her knowing that she has her social sickness when it comes to this event.

Krystal could not reach the water basin as she already released vomit besides a large tree. Her system could not used with the strong alcohol the mix contained. It was her third thrown up when someone tapped her back. By the touch of his hand even without looking, she knew it was her Oppa.

Minho approached Krystal despite being bitter at her. He despised her cruelty and dumb decision, still he pitied her. He set aside his hard feeling and lead the girl to an outside restroom. Krystal's weakness relied on him as she could not resist his help. He then washed her face with water and soap silently and had her gurgle afterwards. He offered her his handkerchief to wipe it.

"Thank you." She told him, humbled by the assistance he made.

"Who brought you here?" Minho asked her, kind of vexed by her presence. Krystal went in the party, yet looking listless with the whole thing. It made him mad considering that.

"L oppa." She answered in a low tone.

"Go home now." He hate to know that L just forced her to attend the party.

"He'll get mad at me."

"You showed up just to display your dumbness in here?" With his irritation, Minho could not hold himself from saying that. It hurt her as it was his intention.

Krystal did nothing but absorbed that words. The man was having a grudge against their break-up, moreover with her awkward vomiting at the venue.

"Go home now, I said." He commanded.

Krystal could have gone momentarily if she did not promise to L. The fact is she just forcing herself to obey the boy.

"You will not leave." L had found her. After she disappeared, he scrutinized the whole area and saw her with his coach. "When will you stop disturbing my girlfriend?" He faced his coach once again with scornful look. "If you won't stop, I'll tell this to the chairperson so you'll be kicked out."

The boy provoked him some fight and so Minho dealt in. He pushed L angrily against the nearest wall, prepared his fist to give a punch. His look was menacing, careless of the consequence.

"No! Oppa please..." Krystal cried out, frightened by the tension between the two. She never planned this to happen. She went between them, trying her best to pull them apart.
 
L who inflamed the tension, got bit surprise at his coach hostile response. The fact blew him that Minho was dead serious about it.

"Do it." Burst in anger, he fearlessly told L. The boy kept threatening him but he was not scared at all. The only thing he should think about was Krystal but he did not mind now.

Krystal grabbed L's hand and pulled him away from Minho. She did it to prevent them from physical contact as well as from the scandal that may rise. Minho kicked a door to release his emotion, the girl and that lover had again successfully took away the kindness in him.

When they were already out besides L car, Krystal checked him with full of concern "Sorry oppa, but don't think he did mean it."

"Oh s**t! Are you crazy? Defending that bastard."

"But please, don't start fight."

"I told you that since you're inviting him, he won't stop. You disappoint me Krystal. I guess, I should tell this harassment to the committee."

Minho was persistent with what he feels while Krystal's weakness could just destroy her decision. She agreed to be with L just to solve the crisis between them but things were getting worst as L seemed holding her neck. He knew their relationship and how it was against the rule. If L will complain about Minho at the committee, he will be remove from his coaching job. All his hardworks and inspirations will be swept away with just few words.

"Don't do this oppa. He didn't do anything wrong." Krystal tearfully begged him. She would not allow to see Minho getting expelled by L's accusation. "Tell me what should I do then to convince you?" She was determined to protect her Minho oppa.

L smirked wickedly. The girl will give in just for Minho. She had split with him but protecting him whatever it takes. A good chance for L to take and so he drew Krystal's back pressing against him and kissed her hurriedly. Krystal could not breath as his mouth moving roughly inside her. Her body protested as feeling assaulted on what he made. He did not stop as he traveled his long hand all over her chest, while holding forcefully at her. She resisted, trying to push him with all her might, she struggled then from his strong hands until she loose from her great effort. She involuntary slapped L and yanked herself away. It struck L and so he pulled Krystal's hair and murmured into her ear.

"Your love will never save you girl." He told her. He went inside his car, banged the door and left her alone.

Krystal regret it as she should not had deal with this ruthless guy from the beginning. She made a wrong decision to have him and so her problem just grew even more. Above everything, it was Minho oppa whom she greatly concerned about. She could not take to see him being expelled with L's false accusations. If ever she can do something to prevent this, she must!

Minho went back to the party after he got cooled down. He was chosen to give a birthday toast for the celebrant. Although, the early incident changed his mood, he still delivered his warm speech.

"Tonight we celebrate Teacher Hanwi's golden years. 50 years of making the world a better place to live in, and here’s to the next 50! Cheers!”

They all drank their wine cheerfully, welcoming another year for the celebrant. Everything looks happy as it seems but not with Minho. He tried his best to conform with atmosphere but his mind is occupied now. He could care less of L's threat for losing his coaching job, but not with Krystal. He could feel that Krystal was put in jeopardy ever since she is with L. Knowing the boy's personality and with all this foreboding tendency, he might already abusing the girl's vulnerability now.


to be continued...