The Girl He Truly Loves

Shadow of Love

Minho felt the fury boiling inside him. He could not forced his self to believe on Krystal. The fact that he tried his best to defend their relationship from his family, just made her even more cold towards him. She then tried her best to avoid him and easily replaced him with a pleasure-seeker. It hurts to see her mingling with that jerk who loves to intimidate him and even his job. Myungsoo was right when he told him that Krystal despised his presence and attention after all. He knew that her personality will never deal in something she do not care of. For the moment she went inside that love motel, he knew she wishes to do it. Krystal betrayed his genuine love by any means. He protected her countless times and saved her even from that disgraceful act. Everything she had shown are not worthy of his love. He regret that he pampered her naughtiness when clearly she is not deserving at all.
There is nothing more hurtful for Krystal than to let Minho think that way. Her intention was to go away but things went to wrong direction in the long run. She despised herself for being stupid thinking she can solve it with that jerk. She does not know whether she could explain it with Minho, now that he already lose his trust on her. If this event will sent them apart so be it, but it will surely leave a scar on him. This trauma triggered Krystal to go home now, she had no intention of dealing with L anymore whatever the outcome of this humiliating incident. It was already 3 a.m. when she came home unnoticed. She was exhausted that she slept right away after slamming her body on her bed.

Myungsoo left the motel with his swollen face and bruised nose. It made him so mad that he needs to continue his revenge against Minho and Krystal. His coach ruined it completely when he interrupted this moment, much more when Krystal left him paying all the damages they had caused. His plan failed unexpectedly and so his purpose for her.  He thought about his final move that could destroy them completely.

Minho did not sleep the whole night. His head was so heavy and so his body because of the stress he kept enduring. It was already 9a.m. when a call was received and it was from the village office. He answered the phone and a staff informed him about a file complaint from his trainee Kim Myungsoo. He was slightly shocking on what he heard yet he immediately clothed himself to face the accusation. Part of him knows that Myungsoo will not stop until he got fired out of his coaching job. When he reached the hall, he went straight to Chairperson Hawi's office. Along the way, he caught some glances of accusers condemning him.

"Come in." The Chairman answered as he heard the knock.

"Good Morning Chairman." Minho greeted bowing 45 degree to the old man.

"Good Morning too, sit down."

"Thank you." He sat down politely facing him on his table.

"Looking at your well-mannerism, I could not believe about these complains against you." The Chairman started. He knows Minho since he was a child and that he was raised to be a fine man.

"I'm sorry Sir, but what kind of accusations Mr. Kim had thrown on me?"

"He just filed about this physical assault and secret relation between you and Krystal Jung."

"I see." Minho bowed his head, signing he accepted his fault.

"Based on his complain, you and Krystal had a secret relationship since she had entered here. However the problem is the girl later wanted to break away from you yet you kept following her. You were even engaged in a fight with Mr. Kim Myungoo who just protecting her. Is that true?"

Minho could tell far more truth and confidential about it yet he could only affirm. He wanted to rest the case getting all the blame instead than to disclosed more scandalous past between them "Yes Chairman."

"What happen to you Coach Choi? Haven't you read that it's forbidden for you and a trainee to have relationship within this training period? Much worst when you even provoked some trainee with your hidden intention?"

"I'm sorry Chairman. I guess I'm just being carried away by my own emotion and selfishness but I'm actually prepared about the consequence."

"Even if that punishment is losing your coaching job?"

It was Minho's dream to become a popular coach than an athlete just like his father. He wanted to inspire anyone and teach aspirants to go better in sports. When Chairman Hawi gave him this job, he was so enthusiastic and eager as it leads to his dream and more good opportunities ahead. However, this complain just ruin it.

"Yes." He humbly answered.

It moved the Chairman knowing how Minho completely devoted his sweat and blood for this coaching job. "Let me ask you, what's with Ms. Jung that you're willing to neglect even your long-time dream?"

"I guess It was love, unrequited love maybe. I failed to take care of things properly." He answered.

"Indeed. I think, the problem is not love actually. It's how you handle things that's why Krystal wanting to break free from you. You remain persistent even you're in the wrong place. The girl is three year younger, obviously she's still immature to be caught up in a pressure."

Now Minho realized it, maybe Krystal is just naughty but deep down she is the most affected with this circumstance.

"Yes Chairman, I think so."

"I'm Sorry Coach. As much as I wanted, but I can't help you now. You did the wrong move so you're responsible of it. You can say goodbye to the staffs now."

"Sorry again Chairman and thank you for everything."

"I'm sorry too. I'm just following the rules but outside this, you still have my support."

"Fine Chairman." Minho went to his office and packed all his things inside a big box. It was a heartbreaking scene to say farewell to everyone especially that they treated each one like a family. He could still find another coaching job in other place but nothing compares their bonding. Some staffs and trainess even shed tears when they learned his fate. They were all shock and sad but Minho remained composed. He did apologize on his mistakes and complimented them one by one by their hardwork and kindness towards him. Upon leaving the hall, Myungsoo showed up in front of him. Minho had no time to face him and was about to ignore him.

"Oh how love shades everything. I can't believe that you cover up Krystal when it was also her fault." Myungsoo told him.

"I can't believe too when a boyfriend doesn't seem genuinely concern with his girlfriend." Minho fought back as he was referring to L.

"Honestly, Krystal doesn't like me coach. We're just both victims when she just uses us."

"Are you trying to disgrace further your girlfriend in front of me? Sorry but I lose all the interest in her since you had her." Minho started leaving.

"I don't think so. Krystal is a piece of meat, she gets what she wanted."

Minho put a scornful look at him. "Just be happy that I'm leaving. And goodluck to you and Krystal." Then he went. He had no intention of talking or even face with him again. If he is scandalous as L, he could reveal every harassment and lie that this jerk did to him and even the incident in motel that will make Krystal looks like a . But he rather stay quiet and let time declared him more innocent than the charges he is facing.

Krystal was still sleeping when a door suddenly burst open. It was his angry father who awaked her. "Daddy!"

"Krystal what is this?!" He showed to his daughter the same picture of she and Minho's intimacy that Myungsoo keep spreading.

"Daddy..."

"Why you did not tell us!? I thought you have lost communication since then!"

"Who sent you that Daddy?" Krystal expecting it was Myungsoo.

"I was called by Chairmain Hawi this morning and he told me that Choi Minho lose his job because he was in secret affair with you."

"He lose his job now?" Now Krystal's nightmare became real. She could not feel anything but to sympathize Minho.

"Yes and it was your fault. Because of this, you're disqualified from joining inter-village competition too.  

"But I work hard for that."

"Don't blame anyone other than yourself silly girl. Why you need to lie, just because we don't allow you?"

"Daddy enough. We're over now." Her father scolding her just make her feel more unease. "I need some peace now."

"Peace? When all you did is to disgraced this family with your careless manner.

"Jaeyoung, calm down." Mrs. Lee advised him, who were watching them.

"Why nanny, can we tolerate this girl? I thought she changed after she went back from Boseong. It was only few months and now she's going back to her trouble self again." The nanny could not answer, Krystal absorbed anything his father's insult. "You didn't bring anything than shame Krystal. Such a disgraceful daughter!"

It was a mental breakdown for her, she could not take it anymore. Impulsely, she ran away from the house leaving her father and nanny behind. "Krystal come back!"

The girl ran as much as she could. Her father's words are too overwhelming for her, she thought her trouble could not be anymore worst than this, much worst if he learned that she came from motel last night. She could not think of anything than to escape from all these afflictions.

Minho fetched Eunseo from the school, he had promised that he will celebrate her birthday. He bought her a birthday cake and a lovely flower bouquet. She thanked him with a lovely embrace.  "You're such a sweetheart Minho."

Though he never confessed it Eunseo knew that he is in love with Krystal. She was still waiting for him to tell the truth yet Minho could not. He even set aside that idea after all of what Krystal did to him. He was then trying his best to forget everything by starting all over again.

'Welcome. It's just little compared to your kindness." He answered back with a smooth kiss on her lips. She could taste the loving words inside her tongue.

Minho was noticeably lacking sleep as his eyes bags are clearly seen.

"What happen to you?"

"I could not sleep last night."

"Problem?"

"Huh? Not much. Let's go now." Minho chose not to speak about his job, it is not how it is irrelevant to her but the connection with Krystal, He rather bury this issue inside him.

While Krystal was wandering around Seoul like a demented person, incidentally she met a group of girls whom she knew since Cheonan days. It was Hyuna's group, the same group who almost killed her in a hazing. Krystal seemed like in state of suicidal at that point, she was not scared nor did not think of avoiding them rather she wished them to beat her like they did at first time. Hyuna with her hair back to dark again approached her. 'Nice meeting you again my friend."

"Thanks." She answered silently.

Hyuna's group was partly drunk as they smelled alcohol with soju bottles still around them. After they were expelled from the school and some even got jailed for almost a month, they stick with each other with lesser harmful objectives as they used to. They got surprised by Krystal's reaction as she looked like losing her own mind standing there unterrified. She was their prey and one of the reason they were punished but she looked like more tormented than before, and so she got their mercy instead of vengeance.

They invited Krystal for some drink and she could not resist. The last thing that she could do now is to forgive and forget. Sometimes she wished she died during the hazing and she should be thankful now if it was. She took the offer and drunk it even if it is her second time only. She could bear the spirit of alcohol more than first time. As it flew down to her stomach, it somehow released some of her anxiety inside her. They shared the drink on that parking area until evening.

Minho and Eunseo were on their way to her home when Eunseo caught Krystal on the street with a listless gang. "Is that Krystal?"

Minho turned his gaze and saw her looking all drunk there. She was hanging there on a street like uncivilized person. Thinking of her concern parents, Minho stopped the car and instinctively dragged the girl on his way. Eunseo did not stop him from doing that she is too concerned with the girl too.

"Oppar?!" Krystal with her semi-conscious state recognized the man she is obsessed with.

"I'll send you home." Minho gripped her shirt but she refused.

"Wairt, I' not yet firnish. Your warnt  to drink too?"

"Stop it!" Minho was got annoyed by her unwomanly act.

"Byr d way op-pa, meeet my new friends. I ean aactually, theyr are d same peeople who almoest muurdered me in hazing ahh! In't it funniy theat we becamre friends now."

"Come to me, you're drunk now."

"No, oppa. I dorn't want. Dis my life now. I'm completely urseless there." Krystal's eyes were fluttering, skin was reddish with imbalance movement. One more drink and she could stumble flat there.

"Come now, you're just shaming yourself." He was pulling her as she kept resisting herself.

The girls who were there did not care  as they were all drunk. They thought it was just an ordinary love quarrel when suddenly Minho smacked her leaving a painful mark across her face. It was his first time to put a force to a girl. Krystal felt the heavy pain from the palm of his hand, it made her tear drops involuntarily. She told herself no to get affected but it was from Minho, the man she loves the most.

"You really enjoy losing your reputation in front of me. You succeed." Minho left her tonque-tied in front of the girls. He went back to the car leaving her unperturbed.

Eunseo witnessed everything of it. Even until now, Minho is still concern of Krystal even that girl is wrecking her life miserably.

"I have never been jealous like this with Krystal."

"What do you mean?" Minho felt so surrendered but deep inside, he could not help himself from thinking of her.

"I mean you always polite and kind with girls esp. me. I always feel it's perfect like it's almost unreal."

"Krystal is different. She's the only person who keeps making me out of control. She doesn't know how to handle herself."

"That's right. And It's amazing how you're always besides her especially when she needs you. Sometimes I feel like I'm a wall between you, you were made for each other didn't you realized it?"

"Quiet Eunseo. You don't know anything. That girl is destroying any respect I have for her. And she's only a dongsaeng you know that." Minho denied it and it does not matter now.

"When you saw her there in her distress condition, you'll just ignore her if you're not concern. I already knew it Minho-shi, she's the girl you want from beginning."

"What do your really mean now Eunseo? I never tell about anything."

"You don't need to hide from me, I understand now. Don't force yourself doing things you don't want to. Just be happy with her. Krystal loves you, I don't think she can live without you just by looking at her."

"What..."

"I think we won't be happy as our parents convince us. I don't wanna live with a man who doesn't love me back compare to what he is doing to that girl. So imperfect, but so real." Though Eunseo thought their relationship could be perfect as that, but she was not happy about it. It feels lacking, something that could spark up their romance whatsoever.

It left Minho in a daze. How Eunseo told it was the most sincere words he heard from her. For the intelligent girl like Eunseo, she could really see his dilemma.


to be continued...